Voice-Over Demo Ideas

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Cosmic Orion, Apr 16, 2010.

1. People who know me well enough already know this about me, but for those of you that don't: I want to be a Voice Over Actor. For anime, western animation, dubbing foreign films, video games, commercials. . . and anything else that could fall into the category. While my imagination can be creative [Otherwise I wouldn't RP or want this job] my mind is running a blank on what do say when I want to record a demo tape.

A VA who has been around a while can just use clips from their previous work to fill up the demo tape. But anyone starting out has to pretty much make up all of the lines while still making them sound like they WERE from previous work. My brain is going through a mental block on this front right now at a very bad time. . . because I have a connection that could do a professionally recorded demo tape without costing money I don't really have as a college student. But I'm not sure how much longer that connection will be around in the local area. So my goal has been to create a Demo Tape by the end of this semester. . . and work or personal life has just gotten in the way.

LONG STORY SHORT FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO READ LESS. . . I'D BE INDEBTED IF YOU GUYS COULD WILLINGLY OFFER UP IDEAS OF "LINES" . . .

Please Iwaku, you're my only hope~!

2. Dude who did a VA dubbing course here.

Get a show or an anime or whatever and do the lines of it.

Like, I don't know, the intro speech of a documentary, some dialogue and shit.

It's easier here because all we did was dub over movies and cartoons, but you can't really do that since it's the same language, I figure.

3. I thought you couldn't do that since the lines would be copyrighted or that if they actually thought you had worked on the show then found out you had not. . . that it would look bad or something.

Or am I just over-thinking?

4. Well if you are looking for lines to try out for yourself you can use ICSYL's lines. The last two pages should suffice for good "battle" lines. The RP itself is in the archives right now under Hall of Fame.

5. Yep, over-thinking.

And uh, if anything you can make it a video and say in huge letters like "HAI GUYZ I DIDN'T DO THE STUFF AT THE START LOLZ"

And if things do go like they go in here, you've got to audition either way, and that works out better, you'll probably start with radio, but I don't know how it works in the gringo industry.

btw, <3 my new sig

6. Just look at some of the lines from any RP that tweaks your fancy. It might help.

Or read whatever Asmo posts.

7. This is just a thought but perhaps we can make this a Proffessional and Novice thread and put up examples we recorded onto youtube and share them here. (Just a thought) After all I've been thinking about seeing how the recorder treats my voice.

8. Blair

She smiled and blinked as he opened the door for her. How could someone be so nice "Thanks again." She said with a charming smile. She went inside and went to her normal seat, patting the seat next to her for Ray to take. "So how was your work?" She asked as she leaned back on the counter in front of her

Gwen

"How long has this been going on?" She asked as she took a seat. Still better than the abandoned basement she slept in for five months. That or the uncomfortable recliner she used to sit on at her old Home

9. "I know you toss in your sleep when you're upset."

10. "Would you like to explain to your daughter why she may never see her brother again?"

11. Harmony finally sat up in bed, “She doesn’t need to be close to anyone, she isn’t suppose to trust anyone. The sooner she learns that, the better.”

12. "Sometimes you say really sweet things."

13. “Most of them are things I’d never say because I didn’t want to encourage you, that’s true. But it doesn’t make a difference now, it’ll just keep you closer to me and that helps me more than anything.”

14. Belle

Once the elevator opened she walked out, looking back to John to beam at him "Well here we go."

15. “Stay till I fall asleep..”

16. Kunari laugh softly, “Hey..”

17. "I don't like watching people die."

18. Alright today is the day. For all of you who haven't added me yet I'm Pseudoping in the add contact search. I'll be on all day today. If you are suffering some troubles when adding my name just contact me via MSN at Pirogeth@hotmail.com or post a visitor message on here I'll be checking the Iwaku throughout the day. Now let's enjoy.

Oh yeah forgot to mention I'll be recording people who want to be recorded with audacity so we can use the audio effects on the program to make your voice as insane or lol as you want.

19. I think I'd like to try next time.