Visual Novel Recommendations?

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Nickboom, Apr 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hiya guys! Been a while since I posted anything in general chat but I figured I'd ask around for some good visual novels!

Just a note here, I personally love murder/mystery ones, and anything that has a good branching paths or large numbers of routes will interest me. It'd help if it was mainly on PC and in English (or has an English Patch)

A few of the ones I've played before are Ghost Trick, All Phoenix Wright Games, Zero Escape, 999, Dangan Ronpa (1+2) Those sort of sum up my general favorites. My all time favorite is Steins;Gate (Played Chaos Head didnt like it very much, it got too grim too fast and had little in the way of victory or happiness) I'm currently playing Kara no Shoujo and it's working quite well for my tastes.

I've tried getting a few of the Ever17 series but I've failed (You cant legally get a few of them anymore and the downloads I've tried didnt work D:)

So ya, if you guys have recommendations hit me with them! (Sexual Content or Not doesnt matter honestly.)

• Love Love x 1
  2. Lucy - The Eternity She Wished For
    Real tearjerker and a fine good read.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
    Everyone ought to know this one by now.

Katawa Shoujo
    Depressing, hilarious, insightful, and with beautiful artwork. Could not recommend more.

Also you have great taste in visual novels. ^_^

• Love Love x 1
  3. Muv Luv Alternative is my favourite sci-fi VN. Shikkoku no Sharnoth, and Kindred Spirits on the Roof are also pretty great. I'm playing Kara no Shoujo 2 now, but it's very slowpaced. Maybe you should check out VNDB if you haven't, since it has information about VNs.

• Love Love x 1
  4. Good suggestions all around, though I tried using VNDB it just...doesnt really work out for me for some reason, like it feels too...complicated? Its a good reference but it feels like whatever I try and search it doesnt seem to narrow it down good enough for me XD (Maybe I'm just a super picky bastard)

• You Need a Hug You Need a Hug x 1
  5. Gonna offer three of my favorite VNs with increasing rate of grim-darkness.

Nekopara Vol 1 & 2: Light and fluffy romance Neko VN. Authored by the famous artist Sayori. Get the Original (18+) version.

Aiyoku no Eustia: RPG-esque fantasy epic quest, coming of age, chosen ones, that kind of thing. Made by August

Saya no Uta: My personal favorite. A dark psychological horror VN which will make you question the very definition of humanity and sentience. Published by Nitro+, Written by Gen Urobuchi of Fate/Zero, Madoka Magica, etc.

• Love Love x 1
  6. Actually did play Saya No Uta, wonder wonderful story, forgot the name so thank you for reminding me :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Log Horizon

8. Seduce Me The Otome is pretty awesome! And it's free :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fate stay night

• Love Love x 1
  10. Ah, dang it, knew I forgot that one XD Played Fate/Stay Night a LONG time ago now it was awesome though and anything in that vain would definitely enjoy :) Good suggestions so far guys I'm looking into a few once I'm not a horrible detective in Kara No Shoujo (No seriously dont let me be a detective, people will die XD)

11. School Days

• Love Love x 1
    • Nice execution! Nice execution! x 1
  12. the VN whose name must not be spoken (open)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • You Get a Cookie You Get a Cookie x 1
  13. This about them hentai games, right?

• Like Like x 1
    • You Need a Hug You Need a Hug x 1
    • Nice execution! Nice execution! x 1
  14. Hentai games and hentai game accessories.

On that note I say read with Muv-Luv trilogy.

15. Do You Like Horny Bunnies

16. OI DIS ISNT ABOUT HENTAI GAMES! (...not always) But I just wanted to say thank you all for the suggestions! These all look pretty good and now I have a bit of a back log thanks you all. :) Dank you all from the bottom of mah heart (still accepting suggestions though if you have any outstanding ones.)

17. "Grisaia no Kajitsu". That one is... Well, it's awesome and all, but damn, there are times when it gets really fucked up. I'm not sure how to adequately describe it... Anyways, it's worth at least a look.

• Thank Thank x 1
  18. Tsukihime 2

hahahahahahahahahaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.