Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Horror, fantasy, sci-fi.
Wilton, Maine, September 2015

Wilton's not a big town, tucked away amid the mountains and deep forests of northern Maine. Only way there's by a just-about-maintained road north of Bangor, and then you're in the woods. "We were here first," those primeval boles declare. "We'll be here at the end."

Abigail Chapman, age 15, went missing at the start of Summer. Her body was found near a hiking trail at the end of August. The Sheriff's Office haven't released any details; active investigation, afterall. Emily Fontenot, aged six, and Tony Daigneau, age 19 have been missing since mid-August, and with confirmation of Abigail's death, well…

Sheriff Edmond suspects Daigneau and everyone knows it - he's an Acadian boy, and no good citizen of Maine trusts those inbred forest-dwellers. Rumour has it Mayor Norwood doesn't trust Edmond to find that missing kid, and has made a call to Washington.

Wilton's a town of about two-thousand souls and a half-dozen Deputies to keep the peace, with a little help from Maine State Police, and now two agents from the Eff-Bee-Aye are coming to tell 'em how to do their job?

Not on Jack Edmond's watch.

To make matters worse, it's getting colder now. Weather's got a temper. Won't be long before a Fall storm hits, say the old timers. Won't be long before the tourists go back to the city. Won't be long before snow starts closing off roads to the outside world.

Can this case be closed while Wilton is still on the map?

-----------------------------------------

Alright folks, this won't be an entirely straightforward murder mystery. I won't spoil anything, but it's gonna get weird.

And it is very definitely going to be a horror show. Content warnings abound for disturbing scenes and violence.

I want characters to be: 2 FBI agents, at least 2 Maine State Police, and at least 1 Wilton Deputy.

I'll take no more than six characters and won't hesitate to kill any of them.

I intend to use Chronicles of Darkness - prior experience is helpful but not mandatory; it's not hard for newbies to learn.

We'll be starting with the agent's arrival in Wilton. If you're playing a Deputy or even a State Police officer, I strongly encourage you to think about some nice human drama for citizens of Wilton; NPCs your character has crossed or wronged, NPCs who have wronged them, misunderstandings or old family grudges. Maybe your character is even a bigot - I expect everyone to treat this maturely, in any event.

Blatant references to the X-Files are fine.
@Alexandra and @Sideris have called the FBI agents.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Excession
Noice. I can run with just the two of you, but let's see if more people are interested to take some of the work off me.

Reactions: Sideris
Status
Not open for further replies.