Visions of the Storm [4/5 spots]

Status
Not open for further replies.
^_^ can't keep a good girl down ;) didn't realise I was the only one though, I'm working on my opening post, I hope you all like it!

Cutting it short for the time being for interaction (if anyone feels up for it) though I think Elin's made her mind up to go. ;)

Jeez! Can i just say that for once i feel intimidated? Im a pretty damn skilled writer but everyone here is phenominal! Like every time i read the thread I think to myself "Holy shit how am i going to keep up lol". Its awesome to be able to write with you guys. :) ill have my post up tonight after Im done driving.

Jeez! Can i just say that for once i feel intimidated? Im a pretty damn skilled writer but everyone here is phenominal! Like every time i read the thread I think to myself "Holy shit how am i going to keep up lol". Its awesome to be able to write with you guys. :) ill have my post up tonight after Im done driving.
Haha, no worries. I like writing with people of all skill levels. You always learn new styles and improve your craft. That's one of the things I've always loved about roleplay forums, besides having to play off of other's writing and think on your feet. I'm also looking forward to writing with everyone here. It should be a fun adventure. =)

Bam! I'm pretty proud of that one, if I do say so myself. Feels like I was able to stand up with the giants. :P Now, if only I could write this much as easily when it came time for essays, eh?

@Spectre I hope my descriptions are lining up well with what you imagined. When I went to double check just now in both Rocas's profile and the world stuff, it seemed like it. I hadn't actually done it yet so I was pretty pleased to see that I might have done things you would find agreeable. Hopefully they are. If not, I'll change it of course.

@CaptainFaux
I loved your post, it's great! And not just because you said Elin was pretty. ;)
I'm surprised mine made any sense to be honest I was so tired last night.

Excellent! Amazing posts by all :)

Today marks the seventh day from my last post- so i will be making another post within 24 hours. Giving a chance for both @Deathwatch101 and @Jorick to make a post.

I know it's the holidays, and I am more than happy to give extensions. So if anyone needs more time, feel free to let me know at any point. That way I can hold off on my posting if needed!

@CaptainFaux Everything is fine! I have a specific image in my head of the way things are, but I also like to see and hear other interpretations. Also- since I like to leave some things rather vague, this allows you all to make assumptions- and add your creative touches to descriptions, and all that. In the next rounds, there will be some opening for conversation. This is just sliding everyone into the world slowly to get accustomed to the way things feel, and how things work. One of my NPC characters is going to start talking of creating a sort of 'fellowship' to get everyone together to start figuring out WTF is going on in the world.

Also, don't worry about post lengths and all that. As long as it's more than just one or two paragraphs, I'm fine. I have long posts, because I'm trying to set the scenes and stuff- so don't see any of this as a competition. Though- if you feel like writing a huge post- go for it!

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Extension!?! I want to be able to post again! :P

Though I can't wait for your post to help move us all along and get us interacting.

Extension!?! I want to be able to post again! :P

Though I can't wait for your post to help move us all along and get us interacting.
I know the feeling! For me, I can post multiple times a day throughout the week. But To be fair- i stated a deliberately paced RP.

However, if everyone posts before 7 days, that would be a different story :). I don't want people getting burnt out- but i also don't want people to lose interest. So In keeping everything moving after a specific time- hopefully will help this.

So to keep the excitement going OOC.... As a heads up: You will all be railroaded to begin the first quest. I will get you into a decently easy combat pretty quickly, just so you get familiar with the way combat will work and flow.

Any thoughts or recommendations on the future of crazy and terrible beasts you will see? I see some of you mentioned in your profiles that your characters would like to see or slay a dragon. So I'll make sure you see a Dragon when you're a little more experienced [careful what you wish for ;)].

Anything else you're looking forward to- or would like to see on your travels?

Where I will be focusing a bit on battles, I also want this to feel like a living world you can explore. I'm hoping to set a grand scale, and allow you to see some beautiful- and fantastic stuff along the way.

• Thank You
Reactions: 2 people
Personally I'd like to see:-

Traditional Mermaid/siren - terrible and beautiful and deadly.
Harpies - Majestic, kidnapping human males to fuck/reproduce and then eat after.
Fae - Vicious pranksters with no idea how squishy mortals are.
Unicorns - Vicious to those unworthy and those who try to catch them but cowed by the truly innocent/virtuous.
Basilisk - Great and hulking and scary but almost comical.

Seeing a Dragon for Elin will be amazing but she'll be heartbroken if they kill it. It's going to be a fun rollercoaster.

I don't think I'll be able to get a post done in the next 24 hours, unfortunately. I busied myself last week with other roleplays with the intent to get a post for this one done today, but sadly the time I had intended to set aside for writing today looks like it will be eaten up by holiday related nonsense.

I'm still here and interested though. I'll be able to do some kind of post before Christmas, but don't hold things up on my account, just assume Haldan stood around looking grumpy with nothing to say. :P

@CaptainFaux -- Yep, your post looked great! I hear you about that essay thing. Unless it's fiction I usually can't write for crap. XD
@MotherOfCthulhu -- Great first post too, by the way. :)

@Spectre -- Right to it, eh? Trial by fire. I like it. Very excited to get the traveling under way. (And of course smacking some monsters is also pretty fun.) =D I like the list of monsters you already have, as well as @MotherOfCthulhu suggestions. Killing harpies is always satisfying, hah! Also looking forward to seeing Griffins, Chimera, and YaoGuai. (Although that last might be because of my Fallout obsession <.< >.>) I don't know if the characters will be traveling by large bodies of water, but some kind of creepy water monster might be cool too. XD

Reactions: MotherOfCthulhu
Thank you all! I'm seriously loving the level of skill this group has collectively. So far, it seems like every post was 1k words and up. I've never cared about word count until this semester, where it has driven all my shitty essays. So I'm kind of using it as a measurement. Not for quality, but for like a idea on the time spent in general terms. You guys are also making me really sit down and craft instead of just puke writing. Its great!

@Spectre Woo! That's pretty exciting. For monsters I'm pretty much on board with the others here. I'd also like to see Giants and Ettins, trolls (the big stupid kind) and wyverns. I seriously LOVE how much this feels like D&D already. Can we use a dice battle system? <'3 Pleaaaaaaase? The randomness of dice rolls is just the most fun thing ever, especially because it will dictate how we respond. In fact, I think it makes combat a lot easier, yknow? If you wanted an easy D6 system, check out Warhammer Age of Sigmar warscrolls. Its really simple and streamlined.

@AClockworkTangerine I know right? Hell, before this semester, I couldn't write anything but a hundred words or less. Maybe its the group or just rp factors in general. Its kind of like painting; I cant do canvas or paper, but I can sure as hell paint miniatures.

@MotherOfCthulhu Heheh. I wasn't sure if it was going to end up being weird or not. Smarbjorn was actually going to do more than just stare and uh... 'take notes', yeah thats it, but I reigned him in. It makes more sense that way, anyways, since a hugely important meeting such as that probably isn't a place to flirt. :P Also I know how you feel about posting. I want more!!! This RP is my top favorite that's currently going on.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 2 people
Haha. I do a lot of things by dice rolls, actually. However I dont put what or when. It's all combat though. I dont do it as much for conversational social checks.

I've actually not gmed a tabletop game before, only played a bit of Pathfinder. Though it made me realize the sane thing you mentioned. Chance is a fun game to play, win or lose!

Haha I'm glad everyone is excited to continue.

My YaoGuai are actually not of the fallout variety as a heads up. I guess they could be monsterous bears, but they're generally animal spirits. So craycray looking mutant fantasy critters.

I understand the holidays are among us and posting rates may be slow. Thanks for mentioning something at least jorick! :)

Haha. I do a lot of things by dice rolls, actually. However I dont put what or when. It's all combat though. I dont do it as much for conversational social checks.
Yasssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Good. this is great! I'm not a fan of dicing in social stuff, even on table tops. For the most part. I've had some pretty funny ass scenarios.

UGhhhhh I want to write more today :'(

Reactions: MotherOfCthulhu
@CaptainFaux I know the feeling, we could always work on a collab at some point :P
though since this is a serious meeting as you say it should wait I guess.

I keep hearing this term 'collab post'. I don't understand what this is.
I understand it's a collaborative post between users. But. Isn't that what forum RP is in a nutshell?

Just curious!

I keep hearing this term 'collab post'. I don't understand what this is.
I understand it's a collaborative post between users. But. Isn't that what forum RP is in a nutshell?

Just curious
Im assuming its just another term for rp lol. For a while there i always used some alternative name for it because rp made me cringe like nothing else. Now not so much but i understand the use of other names.

@MotherOfCthulhu Yess. We'll seeiif these two catch up, eh? Nothing like a little spicy drama in e pot to mix things up.

@Spectre
collab is usually something like titanpad or googledocs where two or more people write up a collaborative post for an rp. See if mine and Faux's guy wanted to chat, that'd be a lot of posting back and forth on the board and it wouldn't look particularly nice. However if we worked through titanpad/google we can knock out the conversation out rather quickly and then post it as one post on the board so it looks neater and doesn't make us out to be rp hogs. If that makes sense?

@CaptainFaux
Yup, well I think when she announces without much warning 'I'm going' and gets screamed at by her pig lord there will be some entertainment/interaction. He's not going to take her decision to leave well.

Status
Not open for further replies.