2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Depending on my schedule I am on at various times during the week. Usually most reliable after 5, though sometimes I nap. Weekends are a free for all schedule wise.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Romance, Modern, Modern Fantasy, Possibly Sci Fi
Monday September 1st, 20XX
Vishen Hall

The day had arrived. September 1st, the day that Vishen hall got busy. Some students were coming back
from their homes where they spend the summer, some were arriving for the first time.

This was the best time of year.

The house was unlocked to all those who belonged. Slowly but surely the groups arrived. Some were already
inside, having spent the entire summer within the confines of the house's walls, including the oldest and
weirdest head of house, Ferra.​

2lj5pxz.jpg

It was still warm; the last lingering heat of summer clinging to the air with a near suffocating humidity. It was disgusting, in this man's opinion. Even with the breeze the open windows of his jeep generated, it was sticky and almost hot, like an unwanted blanket when you are feverish. As the rusted, rumbling vehicle rolled into the lot of Vishen Hall, Ren gave an exasperated sigh and ran a pale hand over the top of his head in an attempt to push back the hairs that had escaped from the ponytail that held it back.

After pulling into the same parking spot he had used for two years now, he reluctantly killed the engine, the rock song that had been on the radio dying mid-note. He leaned over the steering wheel and looked up at the beautiful modern building that was his home for the next nine months. There were always mixed feelings when Ren arrived back at the Hall. His heart was a bit heavy, as his summer spent with family was over. No longer would he be up til the odd hours of the night talking with his grandfather. No more would he be able to look forward to one of his mother's fantastic homemade meals. Now, until the holidays, he would be away from the laughter, warmth and weirdness that was home. However, in another part of his mind he was relieved his summer with his family was over. For all the relaxation and warm feelings that old house offered, being at home had it's downsides. For example, now that he was back at Vishen Hall, he did not have to worry about a resident poltergeist waking him up at seven in the morning because she was bored. He also did not have to sit through his father's rants about spirit-sensing technology and the theories of how to access the other planes of existence. Nor did he have to worry about being caught up in some druidic ritual when friends are waiting for him at the bar.

Yes, there were mixed feelings about leaving home and coming back to college, but the more he thought about it, the more he was grateful to be away from the rather bizarre world that is the Pentlocke Estate. Here, he could pretend things were normal... at least, as normal as it can be in a dorm filled with preternatural creatures. With that new note in mind, he popped open the creaky door and stepped out onto the pavement, boots crunching on the stray pebbles that are somehow always on parking lots. First things first- he wrenched open the back hatch of the Jeep and uncovered the plexiglass aquarium that held his two serpentine companions and carefully lifted it into his arms. Carefully, he made his way to the front doors as Lacuna poked her head out of the shelter rock and flicked her tongue with curiosity.

• Love
Reactions: ZhongLiong
Jianyi watched out the window of the taxi, the buildings passing by her field of vision in a sort of haze. This would be a new experience for her, living with complete strangers for nine months. Possibly longer, if she liked the college. September first seemed like a strange day to start a school year. Why not in the beginning of the actual year?

"Miss, ya wanted Vishen hall, right? We're here," the driver said, disrupting Jianyi's train of thought. They were pulling into the parking lot, and someone had made it there before them. A definite westerner, though she was the easterner here.

"Xié xie ni*. How much do I owe you?" She pulled the amount he gave and stepped out of the vehicle. He hopped out as well, popping open the trunk and pulling out her two suitcases. One was small - her clothing and personal items - and the larger one held her painting supplies, wrapped in the bedding she had bought for her room. "I have a question, why does your school year start so late?" she asked while pulling up the handles on both cases. She waited patiently while he mulled it over.

"Ya know, I don't really know," he finally said. "Maybe it has something to do with working over the summer?" He shrugged after that, closing the trunk. "If ya ever need a ride again, just call and ask for me, alright?"

Jianyi nodded, turning back to the building she would be living in. Small rent-by-the-month apartments had been her lodgings while she was travelling, and this was very different. Her eyebrows raised slightly in nervousness, just enough to see but not enough to crease her forehead. Her attention turned to the man heading to the doors, wondering who he was. Long dark hair, not as long as her own, and pale skin... He was carrying a glass case with... Was that a snake?

She pulled the two suitcases behind her as she started for the door herself, with them bouncing against each other with every step. She would find out who he was- they were going to be living together, after all.

*Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fierra Valader

Ah, new people day. Today was new people day and as the resident head, whatever it was, Ferra was out in the living room waiting for people to show up. Her fiery red locks were tucked back in a ponytail, she was all ready for helping anyone and everyone out with their move. She was even dressed for it in a nice flowing white shirt with a light blue sports bra underneath and a cute pair of jeans. So far no new human humans but there was one sort of human. He seemed to be the one pulling up first.

Ferra was perched high above the ground floor when the car pulled up. Long flowing dark hair and what seemed to be a glass case. Ferra's eyes honed in instantly on the two slithering forms on the inside. It was a pair of snakes. What kind mattered little to Ferra she was getting something remotely similar to a similar species.

Or so she thought.

Apparently the second person showing up was a dragon. How she knew? Ferra wasn't sure. She was never sure. She just, did. Not even she knew why she knew what she did. Everything was just, there. Like a warm chocolate chip cookie left over from lunch.

Leaping down the entire flights of stairs at once, Ferra landed on the bottom floor and pushed open the sleek front doors. Her grin was as wide as ever, making her entire body glow. "Welcome welcome! Hello. Do you need help? I'm gathering you don't Ms. Dragon lady but I'm guessing our Medium does. What's your name?" Ferra asked innocently, not even paying attention to the fact that they might be a bit weirded out about, all that Ferra was.

SAM HOCKADAY

Outside Vishen Hall ♣ Nervous and excited ♣ Tagged: @ZhongLiong @KageKaioh @IceQueen
"You'll do great, kiddo," Richard told him as their car approached the address of Vishen Hall, brown eyes flicking from the road to his son and back again. His voice was firm, absolutely confident. Sam wasn't so sure, but hey, that was how it usually went with the two of them. His dad had the stubborn confidence, Sam had the near paralyzing insecurity. It balanced out. Somehow.

"I'm as ready as I can be," Sam said instead of agreeing, because it was technically true. He felt about as close to ready as he was going to get. That meaning his heart was beating this crazy rhythm in his chest and he felt a little bit like puking, but he'd try and blame at least some of that on excitement. Point was, it wasn't completely a lie and his father probably wasn't going to pick up on it like the human lie detector he could be sometimes. Sliding further down in the passenger seat, Sam put his head into his hands and his elbows on the door and his considerable focus into staring out the window. As he lost himself in thought, he started subconsciously playing with the stud in his mouth. He'd only had the thing for a year or so, but it had already ingrained itself in his habits.

Richard's eyes flicked back over to Sam after a minute, a soft smile blooming on his face before he confirmed, "You'll do great."

The rest of the ride was mostly in silence. Richard was quiet by nature, and Sam was well used to his father's preference for it. There wasn't much left to talk about, anyways. Sam was going to school and going to eventually get paid to write the software he once made for fun. Richard was going to stay in Redding with Aunt Laura and run his bakery. Sam would miss his dad and miss his aunt and miss doing homework surrounded by the smell of fresh cupcakes, but facing the world was something he needed to do sooner or later and he was someone who got things done and over with most of the time. Well, some of the time. Okay, maybe only occasionally. ...Alright, he'd have rather waited a year or four to leave home like he was but the Vishen Hall thing was about as close to a spur of the moment as it got with both he and his father's careful personalities. It sounded so much better than a regular dorm, had all the amenities (plus a kitchen), offered classes, and even seemed to skew towards the awkward and the weird like Sam himself. Long story short, it was a good opportunity Sam refused to waste. Besides, as much as he was scared of leaving his dad and his aunt and their little bakery on the corner by that cute little coffee shop that had those great mochas, he was excited, too. New learning experiences, new classes, new people. Maybe he'd even go a little crazy and get a crush.

So lost in these ruminations was he that Sam didn't even notice when his dad parked the car in the lot of Vishen Hall.

"Well, looks like we weren't the first ones to arrive," Richard murmured, eyeing the trio gathered on the sidewalk in a suspicious fashion, brown eyes narrowing somewhat. Sam was well into his teens before he realized that most people's parents didn't warily watch strangers like that, or keep weaponry tucked under their pillows, or have a shotgun loaded with rock salt by the door. Now that he knew his dad's paranoia was a thing, though, he found it more amusing than anything. Another thing he'd miss. "You don't have to do this by yourself," he added, taking his eyes off the people standing in front of the Hall and turning his full attention to Sam.

"Yeah, I do," Sam insisted, expressing his stubborn commitment to the statement by setting his jaw forward, a bit of body language he'd learned from his father. Richard nodded after a moment; they'd had that talk right after they'd first left the house, and Richard had (reluctantly) agreed then. So they said their goodbyes, kept them short and sweet because they'd both said all they felt they needed to on the drive over or in the weeks previous and neither were the sort to rehash discussions and whatnot, especially emotional ones. Something else to miss. Then Sam got out, grabbed the pair of bags he'd packed all his crap into out of the backseat, and hesitantly approached the trio standing in front of the hall with his father looking on from the car.

"Hey. Is it a good sign or a bad one that I didn't get here first?" Sam asked, smiling in what was hopefully an endearing fashion. This was a coed place, right? He could be rooming with any of these people. Great. The snake guy looked pretty cool, as did the redhead, but the Asian woman called to mind memories of water and specifically of his close call with drowning. That was...unsettling, to say the least.

Last edited:
2lj5pxz.jpg

Ren blinked and took a as the red-headed resident of the Hall bounded down and flung the doors open- nearly knocking one of the outer handles into the aquarium. Before he could do much more than give a startled and disgruntled noise, the bubbly woman was speaking in rapid-fire. His expression quickly went from displeasure to bemusement, then to mild exasperation.

"Am I that forgettable? Really, Ferra- this is my third year." He said with a sigh, though a slight smirk played across his lips. He liked Ferra, but she could be such a flake. With that he shifted his grip on the tank in his arms and turned to face the woman he was not aware had been walking up behind him until Ferra had said something. He really needed to stop getting lost in thought and pay attention to his surroundings. Looking her over, he gave a warm smile, and then looked past to the young man walking toward them. Two new faces- potentially a good thing. With luck, one of them will be his roomie, and not that pyromancer from last year- that guy was a nightmare to share a room with.

"Now, we can talk about your memory issues later. As heads of the hall, why don't we help the newcomers?" He said, sparing another glance to Ferra before returning his attention to the other two. "My name is Ren, and I would give a proper greeting, but I need to get these two set up in their enclosure." He continued, lifting the tank slightly in gesture. "I do have to admit, I was hoping to be here sooner so I could have this done already, but a blown tire is kinda tough to drive on." He said with another smile. "Anyway, If you two would give me a moment to get these two set up, I'll help you get settled in. For now, Ferra can show you to your rooms."

Jianyi stopped as the front doors flew open, revealing a flame-haired woman speaking far too fast. Her dangle earrings jingled a little as she set the two suitcases upright. Did she just call her Ms. Dragon Lady? Confusion slid over her face as she tried to understand what the woman. The last part was asking a name, right? Another man spoke from behind her before she could respond, and she turned to look, subconsciously smoothing her cheongsam down.

Finally, a name from someone. She looked back to Ren as he spoke, a smile gracing the corners of her lips. "Xíe xie ni1​," she said, "My name is Yang Jianyi. It is nice to m -hic-" She stopped mid-word, mild surprise flashing across her face before mild disappointment settled there. "Duí buqi2​. Please forgive me." She shook her head, giving an apologetic smile, then turned to the redhead. "Am I to think you are Ferra? I would like help, if you wou -hic-" Another pause. "If you would please take the smaller case. I do not want my art supplies harmed." She hoped her room had a good view, something that would make a good painting.

1) Thank you 2) I'm sorry

Ferra's smile drooped into an irritated frown. "You could at the least pretend it's new Ren. Oh come on, have some fun. I was the only one who struck around you might as well be new. Say hi to the snake babies to me." Ferra waved to her other head of house as he rentered the home. Turning back to the lady, Ferra smiled again, just now picking up on the new person.

"Yang is it? I like dragon lady though. I think we'll get along being a relatively similar species an all. I'd be happy to grab the art supplies." Ferra said, grabbing the smaller suitcase with ease. She turned to the new person, and blinked for a few seconds.

It was a human. Just straight up human. Ferra squealed and nearly dropped the suitcase in delight. She set it down quickly and ran over to give the man a hug. "Oh my! It is a human! Real and in the flesh! It's been a long time since we've had one in the house!" Ferra exclaimed, pinching his cheek as she stretched them wide to try and see his teeth. She was double checking for any signs of possession.

SAM HOCKADAY

Outside Vishen Hall ♣ Surprised, nervous ♣ Tagged: @ZhongLiong @IceQueen
Sam's brows furrowed as the redhead referred the to the other woman as a 'similar species', a few alarm bells ringing in his head, but he could deal with that. It was a bit weird, but he could deal with it. Then said redhead turned to him, setting the suitcase down and bounding over, and he was too proud to take a full step back but wary enough of what she might be up to that he leaned back a bit. But, to his surprise, she just gave him a hug and proclaimed her excitement that he was a "real human". He hugged her back after a moment, because of social instinct rather than intentional action, and politely tolerated her pinching at his cheeks. This was weirder, definitely weirder, but Sam felt he could handle a tactile housemate who referred to humans as a separate species. Probably.

There were flashes of metal in his mouth as he responded, "Uh, yeah. Genuine, bondafide human being, right here. As far as I know, anyways, but certainty's kind of an impossibility."

Last edited:
Jianyi handed Ferra the smaller suitcase, not letting her know that it actually contained her clothing. She felt better knowing that her art was still in her possession, especially when the redhead nearly dropped it right away. A small frown came to her lips as she watched her bound over to the newest arrival. Similar species? She considered it, deciding that sharing space with another form of dragon would be interesting. Hopefully they could tolerate each other, things would be very tense otherwise. She would prefer to not be called 'Dragon Lady', though.

"There is few humans that stay here?" Jianyi mused out loud. But wasn't the other man a human too? She looked back at him, trying to determine if he was or not. Ferra had called him a Medium... She thought very hard about what she knew the word meant. "Qǐngwén1​, but what is a Medium? You are not in the middle of small and large," she asked, hoping it made sense. She gave a mental sigh of relief, her hiccups had not interfered with the question. She never knew when they would strike, they came and went as they pleased.

1) Excuse me

Lupus.

It was a soft drone, similar to that of wings on a hummingbird. It spoke barely out of hearing, so soft that if she was not paying close attention, she would miss it completely. It would happen more or less at night, when the world had fallen asleep but Iris remained awake. Often, she would look up at the night sky and wonder why its gloomy darkness, peppered with white lights, felt so familiar and comfortable. Unlike humans, she had noticed that common desires, such as eating or sleeping, was not entirely needed. Of course, it was something enjoyed nonetheless. Upon her time on the earth, Iris indulged mostly in reading and taking interest on what children and adults did in their spare time. Observing parks, schools, and the like. Iris would then find herself troubled by the massive gap in her memory, as if the final piece of the puzzle was removed and erased. Iris would ponder, staring at the night sky as if the sea of stars held the answer she desperately wanted.
Of course, Iris grew completely and utterly lonely. She knew she was different, and feared of being cast away by the world she had grown to love. Children shied away when they saw her. Adults looked at her with a curious but weary eye. A child, with no known guardian, lost in a crowd.

I am here.

It was always the voice, the voice in the back of her head that cooed to her whenever the gripping feeling of loneliness crept onto her. It was warm and comforting, and the stuffed cat felt more like a friend than just an object. Iris would talk to it, fully aware that it would not reply. In a world full of strangers, the stuffed cat was her home. Iris wandered, with no known home in sight, no known goal.

Be safe, my child.

After so many months of wandering, wandering the planet and learning, Iris soon realized she could not just continue to walk. When Iris took her journey to the earth, she chose the first form she laid eyes on; a small female child. However, she was completely bare. Knowing nothing, she wandered bare and alone through forests and hills, looking for a destination but not knowing what. It was an itch, an itch that would stay with her for a very, very long time. Her wandering was interrupted when a group of children found her in the forest. A house made from boards and wood stuck into the side of a tree. They were older and one may have even been younger, but otherwise unaffected by her sudden naked appearance. Iris almost didn't understand when they offered her clothing, pants that were much too large, and a small coat with a zipper and a hood, coupled with cute little shoes that fit just right. They brought her into the small house that rested above the ground, high in the trees. Iris hardly said much. By then it was dusk, and the children left their tiny house and vanished, leaving her within the four wooden walls. However, an odd dreariness overcame her. It was confusing and disorienting. Did Iris actually need sleep? She had gone so long with none at all, but her body refused to move and her eyelids closed.

I will be with you.

The stuffed cat was nestled next to her cheek. It was warm, as if someone had been holding it before her. It was not there beforehand, but yet felt so familiar in her arms. From then, until she woke up in the house in the trees, the cat was with her. The itch was also there, ever present, to find something. Find what, she didnt know the answer. She was searching, constantly, always.

You will be safe here.

And it when then Iris found it. A looming house, beautiful in its structure. People crowded near the door, outside, and within the building. A sweet scent filled the air, and any weariness that gathered instantly vanished. Iris had no idea what this place, but there were others. They were different. In what way, she couldnt answer it, but could tell. A girl with small ears placed a top of her head, another with horns sprouting from his forehead. Iris stood a ways away, observing quietly. She didnt think for a second they were hostile, but approaching was not always the best option with strangers. The itch was gone. Had this been the place she was searching for? What was its significance? It was beautiful. Iris had not seen many well built places, but this place had charm. It was home.

2lj5pxz.jpg

Ren had been manuvering himself and his delicate cargo through the doors when the forgien woman spoke, obviously to him. Though a tad irritated at being stopped once more with the heavy tank in his arms, he gave a thin smile and glanced over to her. Beyond where she was standing, he could see Ferra fawning over the other man. Of course she was- she never was very good at restraint, and for some reason humans facinated her. Honestly, he thought humans were boring compared to all the other creatures he had met here at the Hall- and he was one of them. Maybe he was just cynical?

Breaking from that moment's thought, he looked back to Yang- or was it Jianyi? Don't Asians say their surname first? "I would be glad to answer that question, but I really have to get these two set up. This tank isn't exactly light. Why don't we talk while I do that? It will be much quieter up in the dorms right now." He offered, more than willing to get away from the commotion for a short time.

Jianyi mentally smacked herself. It had been rude to ask something of the man when he was obviously dealing with a heavy object. "Duí buqi1​, let me help," She offered, setting down the suitcase she had still been holding to hold the door open for him. "How will we know what rooms we have?" The redhead hadn't seemed to know, unless she was just so flighty that she forgot to say. With how she had run over to the newest person, Jianyi wouldn't be surprised. And Ren had said he had been here twice before, he should know, right? And there were supposed to be roommates here, correct? Hopefully she would not have to room with someone so rambunctious.

As soon as Ren had gotten through the door she reached out and grabbed her two cases and dragged them in, careful not to hit him with them. She looked around at the living room- Elegant but modern. It was a good blend, though one chair was slightly pulled away from the small table it was at. Jianyi had a sudden itch to push it in, to fix the room. She resisted, though her eyes stayed a little long looking in that direction.

1) I'm sorry

The sun was shining birghtly as summer had not yet ended. Lilith smiled as she looked out the window of her uncle's car while seeing Vishen Hall arise slowly before her. She stretched her arms and waited for the car to stop.

When her uncle parked the car he would get out and open the door for Lilith. He however also took a wheelchair from the back and put it together before letting Lilith climb into it.

They would load her three suitcases and another special case onto the wheelchair with the special case being put on Lilith's lap. They waved each other off as Lilith began slowly rolling towards the open door.

Slowly rolling inside she already began inspecting the place and people. Lilith was a fairly short girl with very pale skin and with long black hair and a red eye on the right but her other eye being covered up. She was wearing a beautiful dress as she sat there in her wheelchair.

She rolled up to a woman who seemed to be of Asian descent and smiled giving a small bow to her.
"Hello miss. Sorry to disturb you but I was wondering if we already had our rooms available? I am very excited to put all my painting stuff down and paint the amazing landscapes here. Oh my name is Lilith Schtreiz by the way. I got caught up in the moment there."

While waiting for a response from the woman Lilith would open her violin case up and sigh in relief to see it was still fine.

@ZhongLiong

"Ah, thanks." Ren said as Jianyi opened the door for him, allowing him to finally get into the main meeting area. Shifting his hold on the tank once more, he started for the stairs that led to the dorm hall. He paused only slightly as Jianyi asked him another question. Sometimes he really hated being Head of Hall. Biting back a sigh, he answered. "There is a bulletin board right by the door, and another in the dining hall. All info should be posted there for you."

He was up the first few steps when he heard another voice in the building. Glancing behind, he saw a rather delicate looking young woman in a wheelchair. He had to think for a moment if Vishen Hall was equipped for someone like her, but then he remembered the elevator around the corner from the main staircase. Why wasn't he using that? It would make carrying the tank easier... but then he would have to find a way to push the buttons. Oh well, he was already on the steps.

Before starting up the steps, he turned slightly and called back to both women.
"Hello and welcome to Vishen Hall. As I just told Jianyi, all the information you should need is on the board near the door. The dorms are up this way- you can use the elevator that is just around the corner, past the steps."

Last edited:
Jianyi turned to look at the board she had missed on her first glance through the room. She was in room...

The door opened again, and a pretty young lady wheeled her way in. There seemed to be a lot of cases attached to the wheelchair, and she thought the whole thing might tip over at any moment. She blinked when Lilith spoke, the speed of the words just slow enough to understand. Ren spoke up from the steps before Jianyi could answer, and she looked back over at him with surprise on her face. He had called her by her personal name, something almost no one did here, unless she explained how asian names worked. The surprise turned to a smile, and she turned back to Lilith.

"I am Yang Jianyi, though as you might have thought from Ren's welcome, Yang is my family name." She looked at the list again, this time looking for Lilith's room. "You are in room one. That should not be too hard to find." She looked further down the list, finally finding her own name next to room seven. She was in the same room as... Ren. "It is a good thing I do not fear snakes."

Lilith looked at Ren while he was carrying his snake in it's cage. She looked at the snake with a grin and then up to Jianyi again. She told Lilith she had a family name and Lilith knew it was preffered by people of Asian descent to be called by their family name instead of first name if they were strangers to you.

Lilith sighed happily and looked at Jianyi as she leaned her head on her arm which was leaning on the armrest of her wheelchair
"Well then miss Yang and Ren, nice to meet the both of you. By the way Ren, your snake is a beautiful one. Looks like you have taken a lot of care of it and good care at that too"

Lilith stretched again and cracked her neck as her gaze averted to Jianyi's eyes again
"I do also have a family name other than this one. It's just that... it's a bit taboo to use in the human world. You see, I am a demon. I come from the depths of the beautiful place they call Hell."

Lilith made a movement with her head from theright to the left as suddenly her whole face and body began shapeshifting. She was suddenly looking like a rotten corpse with her skin being even paler than before. It was also completely wrinkled and her hair had turned a shining silver. She opened and closed her mouth a few times with a clear bone cracking being heard. She looked up at Jianyi with her empty eye sockets and made her violin case and suitcases hover up beside her
"Realize this is still the same Lilith you saw before. Just a bit different. So don't be scared by me when I am like this."
Her voice was very raspy and old sounding but she made her suitcases and violin case go back to their orginial position as she changed back into her normal looks again.

2lj5pxz.jpg

Ren was mildly worried when Jianyi looked to him in what appeared to be shock. Did he just commit a cultural faux pas? He would have to ask her later, it seemed, as she then turned her attention back to the young woman in the wheelchair. He watched as they scanned the list, noting where Lilith's room was. A light chuckle escaped him at Jianyi's remark about her room, as apparently she was boarding with him. "Yeah, good thing." He agreed.

Ren gave a smile as Lilith mentioned his serpents. Not many people could tell when a snake was happy and well cared for. Then again, most people can't tell much about snakes at all. "Thanks. I love snakes, and I do everything I can to keep them healthy. There are two of them in there- Meph is just a lazy old man." He responded before she turned away. Ren then resumed his journey up the stairs as the ladies spoke. He was almost to the top when he heard her say 'Hell' and shudder rolled up his spine, energy washing over him. Nope. Nope, nope, nope. Not going there, not doing that- He quickened his pace and made for his room as fast as he could. If questioned, he could always say it was due to losing his grip on the tank.

Once inside, he set the tank on his desk and took a deep breath. His stomach clenched and his head spun as he recovered from the sudden rush of energy. His ESP was going nuts, even though he was only exposed to whatever the hell happened for a few seconds. Sitting down on his bed, he let out a sigh, then flopped onto his back. This was going to be a fun year.

A demon? The best translation she had was móguǐ1​. From... Hell? Was that not supposed to be the place evil men went according to Western tradition? How could it be beautiful?

As she watched Lilith change form, Jianyi noticed out of the corner of her eye that Ren had hurried up the stairs. Litith's change was quite disturbing, and even attempting to control her own reaction she was sure some of her alarm showed. Still the same Lilith. That might be hard to accept, but it would not stop her from trying.

"That is quite a difference." She held her voice as steady as possible, a slight tremor escaping her control. "As long as we are sharing what we are, I am a Luong." She smiled, then realized that Lilith might not know what that was. "It is a Chine- hic-" Damned hiccups were back. She was talking to much today already. "Duí buqi2​, It is a Chinese dragon. I would show you, but I wish to get my own art supplies to my room." She looked at the luggage piled on the wheelchair. "As I have only these two, would you like me to come back down and help you?"

1) demon 2) I am sorry
--------------------------------------------

Colors whirling by, orbs of light marking where each life was. The car pulled around a corner and Soren saw colors he hadn't seen before, unusual in their shade and intensity. This must be the place.

"Yo, owl-boy. We here. You want me to help you in?" The voice was his friend Rob, the guy who had helped him through the whole process. "Now that we here, I got a funny feeling about these people." His had changed tone, a hint of anxiety showing through the usually cheerful tone.

Soren smiled, opening the door and pulling his cane out from between it and the seat. "Yes, I would like help finding my room. I still have to learn the map of this place." He stepped out of the car, a small but sturdy model. "And I am not an owl-boy, Big Rob." That damned movie had caused the nickname. Just because the main character had the same name as him...

"Fine, man. Ya know I just had ta pick on ya one last time. I prolly won't see you for nine months." The other door opened and shut, and the orange globe that was Rob moved to the trunk. He popped it open and took out the luggage case and large laundry bag that had been stuffed in there. "I'd say lead on..."

Soren swung the cane, knowing he was too far away to connect with the other man. "You can shut your mouth." The insult was said with a smile, and he turned to face the building, which had a faint glow to it. The only reason he knew where it was, other than the other people's auras over there. It was a place people liked, even loved. "Lead on, my man."

Lilith tilted her head a bit when she noticed how quickly Ren suddenly sprinted off upstairs and went to his room. She looked back to Jianyi with a confused look and decided to shrug it off for now.
"I don't know what that was about but I guess it's time to bring my stuff to my room"

Just as Lilith was rolling towards the elevator she heard Jianyi's question if she could perhaps help Lilith.
"Though it is a nice request, I won't need your help haha. I am luckily capable enough to carry my own stuff. Don't want to be an annoyance to people"
Lilith took the elevator up and went into her room. She put her suitcases down on the bed and smiled happily when she saw a piano
"Ah beautiful! Now I can play piano whenever I have the time for it!"

After a bit of organizing her stuff she decided she'd play a bit on her instruments. She left her door open seeing she didn't mind company and took her shoes off putting them next to her bed. She changed into her other form and took her violin in hand. She focused as she used her hands to play the violin and used her form's power to make the piano play. It sounded so beautiful how she made she made these two instruments acompany each other this well.

After about twenty minutes she stopped playing and panted a bit in exhaustion. She changed back to her human form and put her violin on top of her piano. She stretched and rolled out kf her room to the elevator. She went into the kitchen and began scavenging the fridge for fruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.