Virtual Rift: A Virtual Reality RPG OOC/Sign-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I'm fine with that. Does a minute sound fair? And what is the terrain like on the fifth floor?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would actually be all right with your invisibility lasting up to 3 minutes with a cooldown time of at least 15.

The 5th floor is mostly forest, though there are cave systems throughout. One of the larger and deeper cave systems is rumored to have a special item (it does regen, but nobody knows the length between regens). This item is said to allow you to summon a single rare enemy for a one time use.

The enemy is said to be random, but some of the possible loot options: Dragon's Ice (excellent for weapons or armor - moderately rate), Super Squirrel Meat (incredibly rare and one of the most flavorful meats in all of the game - also worth quite a lot), and an unbreakable fishing rod.

Other than the energy issue which you are fixing, your bio looks great.

wait is that enemy the boss of the floor?

Ok sweet well I'm going to have the 3 minutes then. Ill also have him probably start out scouting at the top of a tree if that's alright

@sincere_and_silent
Since i havn't posted in the IC yet i decided to edit my charactor a bit and forgot about my tamed beasts part so if you can check and make sure that isn't too overpowered. and i have a couple questions.

1) How does the death system work? like if i fight someone and i die what happens?
2) If a beast dies is it gone forever or does it get revived/respawned?
3) Can beast tamers talk to tier animals or nah?
4) Thievery in towns from NPC shops yes or no?

1. That's part of the roleplay. We don't know. We could actually die, or we might wake up in reality. We don't know.
2. It dies. However, there are a couple items that can revive a beast (one time uses). They are rare and dangerous to obtain.
3. I'm not sure what you mean by "tier animals"
4. Yes. Nobody can be hurt in towns, but you can thieve. If you are caught, there is jail and fines.

Huntress' level 6 Death from Above should be saved until you level up a bit more. We are still relatively low-levels right now. Otherwise, your bio is fine.

Ok thanks for the answers. And that was a typo can beast tamers talk to *their animals

Ah, I should have figured that out!

Mostly. It's not word-for-word. It's more of an unspoken communication.

Ok good well that's what I was thinking just wanted to be sure.

Alright, if noone else wants to be on the first level tomorrow, Im going to go ahead and post sometime tomorrow evening. (If circumstances allow)

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
All right guys. I really need some of you to post.

I've been trying to wait, but we have over 12 people in this RP and very few posts.

If you are uninterested or unable to post often, please feel free to CM me or post here. I'd really love if this RP got off from the start!

Race: Human
Appearance:
609879.jpg

Top five skills:
sword skill,Agility,Accuracy,Archery,Stealth
Main weapon: Long bow
Armor: Light
Shield: N/a
Special Technique: Arrows of drainage: For 5 seconds every arrow (5) that hits his opponent drains 3% percent of there life and adds to his own
Floor - Level: 6
Floor - Current: 4
Residence: Rented inn

20101126_brs01-1.png

XXXXXXXXXXX▶ ▷▶ ▷XXX B A S I C XX I N F O R M A T I O N
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
xxxxxxx☽★☾xxxBlackStarRocket
xxxxxxx☽★☾xxx 17
xxxxxxx☽★☾xxx Android
xxxxxxx☽★☾xxx 5'4 Tall; 300 lbs

0Jk3Tb3WXrn_8994039.jpg

XXXXXXXXXXX▶ ▷▶ ▷XXX S K I L L S XX A N D XX A B I L I T I E S
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
xxxxxxx☽★☾xxxRECONSTRUCTION
Attempt to re-build her body, healing 125% of her maximum Health over 30 seconds. Though stunned for this duration, her health span doubles for 10 minutes.

Only can be used every 45 minutes.

xxxxxxx☽★☾xxxDECONSTRUCTION
Deconstruct those she strikes for 60 seconds, stacking up to three times. First deconstructing 10% of total health span over 7 seconds. *if shield deconstructs shield completely only, no damage to health.*
Second hit stacks 20% of total health span over 7 seconds.(30% of total health span damage) *Those who have shields 10% of total health span deconstructed over 7 seconds.*
Third hit stacking deconstructing 40% of total health span over 7 seconds.(70% of total health span damage)*Those who have shields 20% of total health span deconstructed over 7 seconds.(30% of total health span damage)*
Enemies lose their Deconstruction stacks by avoiding her attacks for a 5 second period. Example. Second Hit your getting deconstructed with a stack of two, your losing 30% of your total health span for 7 seconds, you avoid being hit by her for 5 seconds the stack stops you only lose 22.5% of your total health span. 10%=7.5% 70%=52.5%

xxxxxxx☽★☾xxx TOP SKILLS
✘ Accuracy
✘ Stealth
✘ Strength
✘ Speed
✘ Health regeneration

4TwxVU1YwQq_8994114.jpg

XXXXXXXXXXX▶ ▷▶ ▷XXX O T H E R XX S T U F F
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
xxxxxxx☽★☾xxxStatus; Solo. Searching for Party.
xxxxxxx☽★☾xxxWeapons; A robotic arm that can form into a giant blaster and a Katana
xxxxxxx☽★☾xxxArmor; Her skin a metallic material
xxxxxxx☽★☾xxxShield; N/A
xxxxxxx☽★☾xxxFloor-Level; 6
xxxxxxx☽★☾xxxFloor-Current; 4
xxxxxxx☽★☾xxxResidence; Rented Home.

Last edited:
@offspring - Looks good. However, are you choosing to not have a special technique?

La Blue Love - I love how thought-out this character is. However, this is more of a 'medieval' type game. Swords and bows are the main weapons, with incredibly scarce guns.

If you want to be an android, make it more 'clockwork'. Sort of steampunk-themed. I do not think a blaster is a suitable weapon for this. Pistol, perhaps. Has to have very limited chamber. If you need any help or have questions, ask myself or Requiem.

contest__steampunk_challenge_by_caroucom-d5zy8ub.png

XXXXXXXXXXX▶ ▷▶ ▷XXX B A S I C XX I N F O R M A T I O N
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
xxxxxxx☽★☾xxxBlackStarRocket
xxxxxxx☽★☾xxx 17
xxxxxxx☽★☾xxx Human
xxxxxxx☽★☾xxx 5'4 Tall; 100

imx6TLzUoBlt0id1hqaAOuDpczD2U15YGiBUWCrfJBeW576upAceEcdqK9ywrCtuLwJ0CF7wgHcVSNxBZKJ_HNSAB2yL0QHJanY_328p-TLjiUm5INarvW3j5dpVDl_omA=s0-d-e1-ft

XXXXXXXXXXX▶ ▷▶ ▷XXX S K I L L S XX A N D XX A B I L I T I E S
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
xxxxxxx☽★☾xxxHEALTH BUBBLE
In attempt to heal her and her party, a bubble covers 25 yards around her. Healing her 25% of her maximum health over 10 seconds and a buff of healing that heals 15% each of her party's maximum health span. Though unable to attack for 10 seconds, her health span doubles for 10 minutes.
Only can be used every 8 hours.

xxxxxxx☽★☾xxxMulti-Star Shots
She fires her revolver emptying all of her bullets at up to six targets. Targets can only be shot three times.
First shot, 10% of total health span is lost. *if shield shatters shield completely only, no damage to health.*
Second shot, 20% of total health span is lost.(30% of total health span damage) *Those who have shields 10% of total health span damaged.*
Third shot, 40% of total health span is lost.(70% of total health span damage)*Those who have shields 20% of total health span is lost.(30% of total health span damage)*

xxxxxxx☽★☾xxx TOP SKILLS
✘ Accuracy
✘ Dexterity
✘ Healing
✘ Speed
✘ Health regeneration

x2sGT9Xyd5ZVLYlf2Ehe9Qv2Vvc_KfdvWLBRUeuO7Pn6Bg_05Xe69uBTqknihzOUc1HeKRA_7CX4VvP5DZ6ZMojHZqXNW28znyvX19a_p1D0Crb2LPAKckdlpQ-VvdVW6Q=s0-d-e1-ft

XXXXXXXXXXX▶ ▷▶ ▷XXX O T H E R XX S T U F F
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
xxxxxxx☽★☾xxx Solo. Searching for Party.
xxxxxxx☽★☾xxxA revolver
xxxxxxx☽★☾xxxVery Light, leather mostly
xxxxxxx☽★☾xxxNo shield
xxxxxxx☽★☾xxxFloor-Level 6
xxxxxxx☽★☾xxxFloor-Current; 4
xxxxxxx☽★☾xxxIn Rented Home.
(better?)

Last edited:
Yes, looks good.

One small tweak then you are set! I think your special ability - Health Bubble - should only be usable once every 8 hours.

W.I.P

Race: Human
Appearance: About 5ft, 7in tall, 147 Ib. Muscular and brownish hair.
192px-Jiiken.png
Top five skills:
1 two handed swords,
2 one handed swords,
3 strength,
4 speed,
5 potion making.
Status: Solo at the moment, but looking to party -- Maybe possibly even a guild.
Main weapon: A two handed sword. Also has a one handed sword and shield for when a more defensive approach is needed.
Armor: Heavy.
Shield: Preferred shield type is the Targe, Iron plated wood, about 19 inches in diameter. used with the one handed sword. Does not have the metal spike attachment, yet.
Special Technique:
Aiding flames (balancing W.I.P.): Kilgore's current blade is covered in flames, making it deal 20% more damage. Effect wears off after 3(?) min, the current battle's end, or he switches blades. Can only be used every 20(?) Min.
( might not be in final cs ->)Also has a 15% chance to also effect party member's weapons.
Floor - Level: 5
Floor - Current: 4
Residence: A medium-small house, located on floor 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.