Virtual Rift: A Virtual Reality RPG OOC/Sign-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're mostly confused about the value of placing individual shields out on the field as they don't really do much by themselves once they're placed, and shields aren't generally big enough to provide a proper barrier individually

I think we're mostly confused about the value of placing individual shields out on the field as they don't really do much by themselves once they're placed, and shields aren't generally big enough to provide a proper barrier individually

Hmm, I suppose that would create confusion, would it not? Finer tuning may very well be required then, I do thank you for the clarity.

As for the value, they are more suited to either agile, or ranged fighters who merely hide behind the shield when needed. They were not intended to do far more than that, as it already creates a number of uses. As for the size of the shield, I left it to speculation, which perhaps was madness in itself seeing as every other individual may come to another thought. Seeing as the setting was within a game, I thought to create an entity that is rather dramatized in size, much like the buster blade Cloud carries within Final Fantasy. Either way, this was a skill developed for boss fights, rather than multiple engagements.

If it is hard numbers you are looking for, the girl prefers to find shields that reach at least 4'8 in height and perhaps 2'4 in width at it's peak. If it is a design you look for, pray refer to the kite shield or similar. Given, individuals will still be forced to crouch if they properly wish to hide behind the barrier. But in no way is it meant to remain a permanent protection, as well, it was never stated to be used easily, seeing as enemies may simply move around. For rogue types, they may even simply be used to gain additional lift within the air as they jump.

Oh my, perhaps much tuning is needed indeed.... Though, do know, the thought initially laid upon the idea 'This is a game, so why not?'.

Yeah, no, I get you, it was just kinda confusing *Nods* All good now though

If I may ask, do you remind reviewing my sheet once more after a few minor edits Requiem? I would be most delighted if I could prevent any further confusion.

Edit: For the most part, it has been tuned. If further is needed, then you need only to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to get the first post up...but it is going to suck! So please forgive the initial post. I'm sick and can't think. :(

LINK to RP

Race: Feline
Appearance:
neko_boy_commission_by_tagl-d48rkah.png

Height: 5 feet and 6 inches. Athletic build.
Top five skills: Dagger Skill, Pocket picking skill, Stealing skill, Beast-taming skill, tracking skill.
Main weapon:
Dagger-
dagger.jpg

Armor: Light
Shield: No
Special Technique:

Blood coat- Ryw can coat his dagger in his own blood, causing it to become very hot and poisonous. The poison causes one extreme hallucination. This however, causes his life to drop distractedly and is very pain full for him.

Floor - Level: 5
Floor - 5
Residence: Rented House

Last edited:
@TheColourlessRainbow - They do feel pain, yes. It is not enough to physically harm them, but in the game, they do feel some amounts of pain. As for your technique, what does the poison do? Does it drain their life, stun/paralyze them, cause hallucinations, etc.

I love that dagger!!!

Also, your grammar is a little rough, but I could understand what you were typing. I may send you a message every now and then to make sure I am understanding your post correctly. Will this be an issue?

Looks like the dagger of time from Prince of Persia

@TheColourlessRainbow - They do feel pain, yes. It is not enough to physically harm them, but in the game, they do feel some amounts of pain. As for your technique, what does the poison do? Does it drain their life, stun/paralyze them, cause hallucinations, etc.

I love that dagger!!!

Also, your grammar is a little rough, but I could understand what you were typing. I may send you a message every now and then to make sure I am understanding your post correctly. Will this be an issue?

Oh, Gods, the amount of mistakes that was in that post. o.O. My grammar should be better from now on. If you have any questions, it's fine if you shoot me a message.

Race: Feline
Appearance:
neko_boy_commission_by_tagl-d48rkah.png

Height: 5 feet and 6 inches. Athletic build.
Top five skills: Dagger Skill, Pocket picking skill, Stealing skill, Beast-taming skill, tracking skill.
Main weapon:
Dagger-
dagger.jpg

Armor: Light
Shield: No
Special Technique:

Blood coat- Ryw can coat his dagger in his own blood, causing it to become very hot and poisonous. The poison causes one extreme hallucination. This however, causes his life to drop distractedly and is very pain full for him.

Floor - Level: 5
Floor - 5
Residence: Rented House

Updated his Technique.

Okay I'm trying to make a legit post but I am not too sure if I got this right. What does "Floor-Level" and "Floor-Current" really mean?

Also, is it possible for you to make master post of all our characters for reference purposes? Preferably in the top post?

Floor level is the highest floor you've cleared. Current Floor is just what floor you're currently on. You can go back to previous floors that you've already beaten, which is nice for things like returning to owned houses, hitting certain shops, or getting certain drops off of enemies that are only found on that floor.

• Thank You
Reactions: Yuuki_Tatsunohi
Also, is it possible for you to make master post of all our characters for reference purposes? Preferably in the top post?

I will do that tonight. I apologize for not having done it yet.

Warrior.jpg

Celir

Race:
Lunarian
(A daughter of the Moon)

Appearance:
Celir stands at the tall side of average at 5'9. She weighs in at 158 pounds. Her skin is a soft ivory in color. Straight, silver white strands fall to the lower side of her mid back. her hair is usually left down.

Top five skills:
Beast Taming
Agility
Dexterity
Whip Sword skill
Medic

Mainly plays Solo> but sometimes is a party-er> and is always half looking for guild (but is very picky)

Main weapon:
Nidhug: Whip Sword

Armor:
Light

Shield:
N/A

Special Technique:
Bind:
Nidhug gains vast length and ensnares one enemy, trapping them in place. However, every 10 seconds of binding costs one of Celir's health points. It also limits Celir's ability to move as long as the trap is in play.

Floor - Level:
Floor - Current:
Residence:
Inn

Tamed Beasts:

anime-wolf-anime-wolves-7227327-300-238.jpg

Name: Siri (short for Sirius)
Species: Dire Wolf
Moves Learned:
Scratch: lvl 5- Self explanatory
Bite: lvl 6- Self Explanatory
Pounce: lvl 6- Pounces the target, stunning them 15-90 seconds at a time
Howl: lvl 4- Intimidation, can make some targets paralyze in fear.
Savage: lvl 6- A vicious combinations of scratch, bite, and pounce that gets a damage boost for the next 20 minutes
Phantom Pack: lvl 4- Summons 8 ghost wolves to side. Can only be used once per day.

whitefox.jpg

Name: Wisp
Species: Kistune
Moves Learned:
Scratch: lvl 3- Self explanatory
Bite: lvl 3- Self Explanatory
Illusion: Lvl 1- Can trick the senses of sight and hearing.
Fog: lvl 2- Can cover an area of 500 feet in a dense fog for ten minutes
Clone: lvl 1- Can make one clone per day that lasts for an hour.

1287649826.jpg

Name:
"Kir" short for Kirthi
Species: Phoenix
Moves Learned:
Scratch: lvl 2- Self Explanatory
Peck: lvl 3-Self Explanatory
Croon: lvl 1- can cure most low level poisons
Cry: lvl2- Can restore fifty HP points of target.
Sing: lvl1- Can wake someone from being knocked out or fainted

ee74b73b302c14ea2b19ebc67342046a.jpg

Name:
Pyry
Species: Frost Drake
Moves Learned:
Scratch: lvl 1
Bite: lvl 1

Bio:

Haru

Race:
Human

Appearance:

Anime girl RPN Rp character.jpg
Not the tallest or shortest girl, Ara reaches 5'6" and a bijou weight of 110 pounds.

Top five skills:
Medical care, beast communication, cooking, endurance, close ranged combat.
Solo (would like to join a party.)

Main weapon:
Her dual straight swords, Luna y Sol

Armor:
Light to none.

Shield:
Nope.

Special Technique:
Enhanced Combat~
The enhanced ability to fit an opponent with enhanced speed and strength. This leaves her exhausted and virtually useless for half an hour.

Floor - Level:

Floor - Current:

Residence:
Small Inn at the back of town.​

Necromancer is more of a Class than a race, and as classes don't exist, and races don't give bonuses, neither would apply to being able to summon the dead. Also, this is a non-magick roleplay in addition to all that, so summoning the dead isn't a thing anyway. Sorry 'bout that.

Reactions: Greentail
Necromancer is more of a Class than a race, and as classes don't exist, and races don't give bonuses, neither would apply to being able to summon the dead. Also, this is a non-magick roleplay in addition to all that, so summoning the dead isn't a thing anyway. Sorry 'bout that.
That's fine, I'll change that up xD

No, I'm pretty sure we're still accepting

We are still accepting.

The new bios are great. I'll wait a little while longer to let the new people jump in the RP. Then we truly begin!

Can i join?
If i can, can i use Spiritual powers?

Status
Not open for further replies.