Virtual MMO RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm just brainstorming here, so please forgive me as I rumble around. ^_^

Gear? What sort of loot can you get? If there is any Legendary, Epic and Mythological weapons/ armor? Each have a tier?
Abilities for each class. Which is easy. I can look that up with I'm sure plenty of help from other people too. Just name a list of them and list how their order from weakest to stronger by leveling up, maybe?
Just to acquire information so I could grasp a layout.
Health Regen, Power Regen, Strength, Agility,Stamina,Intelligence, Wisdom, Crit, Avoidance, Resist. No number is needed for it's already posted what the basic stats are but to add more definition to the character.

In Game Character
Name:
Name Meaning:
Species:
Class:
(That could be easily it.)

Armor
Should we explain in detail? Boots,greaves,chest,armlets, cape etc.
Weapon:
Off hand Weapon:
Character Goal:
Should we describe the In Game Character personality? A back ground story?
Same with our Out of Character?

Example:

In Character

Name: Zoey Steel
Name meaning: Life
Species: Human
Class: Warrior/Tank
Abilities: Over Power- Melee attack that deals damage
Bash: Shield attack also stuns for short duration
Jugement- Interrupts the Target
Taunt- Aggros nearby mobs
AE Attack and Ultimate Attack Called Never Surrender: and Gains haste for a short duration to attack an area of mobs with an devastated blow with her sword. Become weak afterwards.
Picture:
Armor: Set called Vanquisher (Fable)

Other Armor sets for Warrior: Heroic (Legendary)
Eternal Sentinel (Fable)
Odin Fate (Myth)

Weapon: Sword
Off Hand: Shield
Character Goal: To become the most powerful Tank in the game. Always lust for the higher gear.
Personality: Head strong and willing to stand up to any challenge and help her comrades in need. Stubborn at times and hard to admit defeat.
Theme Song:
Out Of Character:

Name:Jayde Lebel
Appearance:

Desires: (What does your character want that they know they could possibly have?)
Wishes: (What might your character want that they know probably isn't going to happen or is impossible?)
Regrets: (What has your character done that they wish they could take back?)
Secrets: (What does your character know that must not be told to anyone?)
Soft Spots: (What kinds of things does your character go out of their way to help?)
Cruel Streaks: (What kinds of things does your character go out of their way to assault?)

Musical Instrument: (What instrument can your character play, if any?)
Quirks: (What about your character makes them unique?)

Apparel

Accessories: (What non-clothing items does your character wear? Bracelets? Necklaces? Toe rings?)
Dress Style/Wardrobe: (How does your character commonly dress? Elegantly? Gothic? Mismatched?)
Equipment: (What equipment does your character carry with them? A gourd? A toolbox? A bag of hair?)
Most Prized Possession: (What item does your character have that holds the most personal value?)
Most Valuable Possession: What item does your character have that holds the most monetary value?)
Trinkets: (What items does your character carry that they aren't just for looks, but for more important reasons, such as the ability to use their power?)

Social Characteristics

Communication: (How does your character communicate with other people?)
Criminal Record: (What has your character done to break the law? Arson? Murder? Jaywalking?)
Discriminations: (What kind of stuff or people does your character discriminate against? Blacks? Aliens? Broccoli?)
Dominance: (How firmly does your character stand their ground over others? Extra firm? Submissively? Iron-fistedly?)
Ego: (How downright amazing does your character think they are? Ridiculously centric? In the wrong place? Superfluous?)
Emotional Stability: (How much emotional inflictions can your character take before they break? Lots? None at all? Negative amounts?)
Expression: (How does your character express themself? Through the clothes? By just saying it? By the pattern in which they play the harmonica?)
Humor: (What does your character think is funny? Blond jokes? Death? Farting?)
Liveliness: (How energetic is your character? Do they literally bounce off the walls? Do they do only what they have to do? Do they literally sleep for entire days?(
Mannerisms: (How does your character commonly act? Rude? Well-mannered? Creepy?)
Patience: (How long can your character wait for something or endure something that is annoying or stressful? Very patient? Impatient? Passive?)
Reputation: (How is your character viewed by their peers? Are they held in high esteem? Do they think he's pure stupid? Do they think he's an alien?)
Sociability: (How much does your character like to interact with other people? Is he super social? Is he a loner? Does he only like being around people who take a liking to the research behind the flight pattern of the sparrow?)
Status: (What is their social status? Quiet? Popular? Dead?)
Style: (How does your character act and dress? Gothic? Emo? Spocky?)

School and Work

Average Grade: (What grades did your character get in school? A+? C-? Z?)
Degrees: (What college degrees does your character have? Bachelor's? Doctorate? None?)
Education: (How much education has your character received? Up to middle school? College graduate? Everything from elementary school to martial arts of every kind?)
Extracurricular: (What extracurricular activities did your character participate in? Baseball? Chess club? Ballerina?)
Graduating Year: (What year did your character graduate from high school? 1987? 2005? 1210 BC?
School: (What elementary, middle, high schools, and colleges and universities did your character go? Manzanita Elementary and North Valley High? Jerry Springer Private School? None?)
Special Education: (What education did your character receive that their peers didn't get a chance at? Special Ed? Honor Roll? Private Schooling?)
Study Habits: (How often does your character study and how thoroughly? Every free hour? Not at all? They have someone else study for them somehow?)

Occupation: (What does you character do for a living? Graphic design? Write books? Star as the buttmonkey in a kid's show?)

Work Ethic: (How well does your character think work should be done? Thoroughly and effectively? It just needs to get done? Do they shirk it all the time?)
Transportation: (How does your character get to and from their destinations? Supped up 4-wheel drive with a roll cage? Public transportation? Pogo stick?)

Physical Characteristics

Nationality:
Skin Color:
Height: in ( cm)
Weight: lbs ( kg)
Scars:
Piercings:
Tattoos:
Hair Color:
Hair Length:
Hair Type: (Is your character's hair curly or straight?)
Hair Style:

Biography

Other Information

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I'm not sure how to organize it still but that's just a draft of what I thought of.

*claps*

Phew, that must have taken a long time to do.

Anyways, I'm going to go ahead and use @Poetic Justice 's IC character sheet, but I might change it a bit.

For the IRL CS, I think answering all those questions is a bit too much though?

I'm pretty interested in this if there's still any room left.

I have to agree with Circe on the IRL CS. I mean the point of an MMO is to play a character and not yourself. I think it would be a lot more realistic for us to know next to nothing about the person behind the avatar in the game world. Then as the RP progresses the characters find out more about each other and who they really are in the real world. Of course it would still be helpful to have an IRL CS for personal reference and for the GM's to accept.

I think it would be a lot more realistic for us to know next to nothing about the person behind the avatar in the game world. Then as the RP progresses the characters find out more about each other and who they really are in the real world. Of course it would still be helpful to have an IRL CS for personal reference and for the GM's to accept.

Yeah, I think this is a pretty good idea. To help us with the "learning more about each other gradually", we could only share our IRL bios with the GM?

Also, I thought we were going to start with our characters first logging on to the game. So wouldn't we all only have the most basic, low-level equipment that everyone starts out with?

*claps*

Phew, that must have taken a long time to do.

Anyways, I'm going to go ahead and use @Poetic Justice 's IC character sheet, but I might change it a bit.

For the IRL CS, I think answering all those questions is a bit too much though?
Nah, Just threw it all together, there is alot more to the IC I wanted but I'm going on a limb here >_< Haha
And I agree, about all the questions for the IRL section. That's why I added, not sure how to organized it. I was thinking more for IC and had no clue what to put for OOC.

This is awesome feed back though, we need this! Yay! ^_^

I'm pretty interested in this if there's still any room left.

I have to agree with Circe on the IRL CS. I mean the point of an MMO is to play a character and not yourself. I think it would be a lot more realistic for us to know next to nothing about the person behind the avatar in the game world. Then as the RP progresses the characters find out more about each other and who they really are in the real world. Of course it would still be helpful to have an IRL CS for personal reference and for the GM's to accept.
Just started. and your right and I agree. It is about playing a character and not yourself but also we are on 'head set' so that's what got me thinking all the random questions. Mind was just going crazy with random ideas! >_< And I wasn't sure if our OOCs would ever meet up or if this is just strictly In game character. ;p
Also, I thought we were going to start with our characters first logging on to the game. So wouldn't we all only have the most basic, low-level equipment that everyone starts out with?
Makes sense to me. I just made an example of an Cs. I'm not the GM's, they asked for people's help so I added my two cents. They haven't accepted or re-adjusted my rough draft which I think it needs major work still.

I know they want different species and things like that, so I'd wait on everything and just name your class (as the GM's have asked).

Yeah I will most likely post in the character thread telling others to just let me know on this thread what class they want or even on the character thread itself and just have gm's or leader if you will accept or decline them.

Leading to my next goal is to have two other gm's for the start. Should we have admin type characters rp'ed by gm's the in game security etc.

I really like all the detail you put into that poetic id use your idea, we also had input the possibility of having skills and basically have ranks like s,a,b,c,d,e,f,g etc. I would be down for that also up to multiple people of course cause we are a team :).
Another for example would be placing certain numbers like 1-10 etc. for value of each rank would have a max amount of number value pertaining to that rank.

@Divine Rush Do you want me to post the CS I made on this thread?

And yeah, we should totally have admins. An idea I had is one of them can be a character's enemy IRL, and so in the game, he/she could abuse him/her admin powers and try to make said character's in-game life horrible.

Reactions: Divine Rush
Yeah I will most likely post in the character thread telling others to just let me know on this thread what class they want or even on the character thread itself and just have gm's or leader if you will accept or decline them.

Leading to my next goal is to have two other gm's for the start. Should we have admin type characters rp'ed by gm's the in game security etc.

I really like all the detail you put into that poetic id use your idea, we also had input the possibility of having skills and basically have ranks like s,a,b,c,d,e,f,g etc. I would be down for that also up to multiple people of course cause we are a team :).
Another for example would be placing certain numbers like 1-10 etc. for value of each rank would have a max amount of number value pertaining to that rank.
That sounds awesome to me. Makes sense to create authority and competition.

Reactions: Divine Rush
@Divine Rush Do you want me to post the CS I made on this thread?

And yeah, we should totally have admins. An idea I had is one of them can be a character's enemy IRL, and so in the game, he/she could abuse him/her admin powers and try to make said character's in-game life horrible.
Yes that is a great idea the admin characters will be way larger ranked and more exp and ofcourse beta testers.
That sounds awesome to me. Makes sense to create authority and competition.
Yes it will be like Hack with game wide challenges and competitions and will also have the guild aspect thrown in.

I assume we'd like to put PVP situations in along with administration, gms, competitions, raids and such. That brings up the question of death though. Are we gonna be stuck in the world and go the SAO route of, "OMG IF YOU DIE IN THE GAME YOU DIE FOR REAL!" or something a little more tame like .Hack and have us coming and going freely? Should we have exp loss upon death which may result in a decrease in rank? Is there a bad guy who is wandering around with an ability that lets him kill a player when he kills the avatar?

Also, I'd like to reserve a dps if I can :D A rogue or archer. If not I'd also be interested in cc magic user.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Poetic Justice
I assume we'd like to put PVP situations in along with administration, gms, competitions, raids and such. That brings up the question of death though. Are we gonna be stuck in the world and go the SAO route of, "OMG IF YOU DIE IN THE GAME YOU DIE FOR REAL!" or something a little more tame like .Hack and have us coming and going freely? Should we have exp loss upon death which may result in a decrease in rank? Is there a bad guy who is wandering around with an ability that lets him kill a player when he kills the avatar?

Also, I'd like to reserve a dps if I can :D A rogue or archer. If not I'd also be interested in cc magic user.
These are amazing good questions. As much as I HATE pvp in MMO's it's freaking great in role-plays such as this. I'm not the one to answer the death question though. I appreciate everyone reiterated the content between the two Anime's since I haven't had the pleasure to watch them entirely through yet. I like the idea of .hack so we can stay in the RP though.

Yes I believe we could start out with reviving freely and later change if you'd like and yes it will be PvP situations also events raids etc all mixed into it.

This is the in-game character sheet I made, and it's fine with @Divine Rush, so everyone can get started on their in-game characters!

|Introduction|

[insert picture of character]

Name: (username)
Age: (what's your set age? could be different from your IRL age, must be over 13)
Class: (self-explanatory)
Weapon(s): (again, self-explanatory)
Rank: (will probably start out as G. we can have a set number of EXP points for us to 'level up')
Gold: (maybe we can start out with 200 gold and earn more from killing monsters?)

In-Game Personality:

(what do you act like to your fellow players?)

Equipment:

(list the items in your inventory - Starter Whip, 5 Health Potions, ... includes weapons and armor, which, at the start of the RP, should be at starter level. you have lots of freedom in deciding the items you start out with, so please make them realistic - no game would give you a legendary potion or something in your starter kit)

|Stats| (we could have a set number of Stat points we earn every time we level up that we can spend to improve our skills. we should start out with 10 points that we can spend however we like)

Mana (if your class is magical) - ???
Strength - ???
Defense - ???
Speed - ???
Accuracy - ???
Evasion - ???
Health - ???

I'm gonna go ahead and put in my two-cents for the PVP stuff;

There could be large parts of wilderness built into the VRMMO world, and the characters can buy supplies from NPCs to build their own house in the wilderness. I was thinking that there could be plots of land that you can buy to build your 'guild building', and you can buy enchantments (that cannot be done by characters) to protect the building. However, other players should always be able to raid the building (if they are powerful enough) so that rich players can't have invincible guild buildings that are impossible to raid.

The wilderness is also where the monsters are, so you go there to level up. There should be deserts, rain forests, plains, and mountains in the wilderness and the monsters can be native to each region. The players can kill and/or hurt each other unless they are in a guild when they are in the wilderness.

There can be a huge city in the middle of the map where the shops, hotels, etc. are, and every other month, the admins host a large event/tournament that you can enter, which takes place in a large arena that can be programmed to look/feel different for each event. The events can be team-based, battle royal - whatever. The winner or winning team can get a lot of gold and maybe cool equipment (the prizes will be decided by the GMs).

I was also thinking that the GMs can have a private convo to decide what to throw at the other players (maybe a villain, which will probably be played by one of the GMs, or a legendary quest, or something).

I really hope that made sense, because I was literally writing down everything that came into my head.

I think if I ever decide to GM my own VRMMO RP, I'm gonna use this stuff.

Oh, yeah. One reaaaally important question -

What's the RP going to be called?

Oh, yeah. One reaaaally important question -

What's the RP going to be called?
Oh, dear Gods. Naming things. *flees in terror*

I like the idea of building homes and guild hq's out in the wilderness but I feel like that might make it easy for large douche bag guilds to run around raiding smaller guilds. Even with enchantments they would be extremely weak against guilds with greater numbers and gold. However, we might be able to say that there's a guild ranking system as well as the player ranking system. That way there can be penalties for being an asshat.

Let's say that when one player engages another in PVP there's a cool down time and once the fighting is over you have, oh, five minutes where other players can attack you and you can't teleport anywhere or enter cities. (if someone jumps you and you don't fight back and manage to run away from them with out ever touching them you won't get a counter) Then let's say you have an inferiority complex and you and your R5 toon make the first strike on, and kill an R10 newbie (if a low rank player attacks first there's no penalty for teaching them a lesson). Boom. You get marked red or get a skull and crossbones over your head and now everybody can attack you without getting a PVP counter or penalty including R1's. Oh and that marker doesn't go away for 24 hours (or whatever) or until you die.

The same goes for guilds. If a big macho R3 guild decides to grief a little up and coming R9 guild then the R3 guild loses the enchantments on their HQ and is fair game for any rival guild for a period of time.

Of course all this will change if we all get stuck in the game seeing as how if you die you probably will just straight up die if that's the route we decide to take.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
@DemonTongue Well, I guess it really depends on the type of VRMMO it'll be (the GM never really specified) - are they encouraging player/guild PVP? If not, we should use your idea as it makes a lot of sense and will allow the lower-ranking players to have some protection. If the game wants battle royales in the wilderness, we could just have it where once you step into the PVP zone, anyone can attack you.

If we go with the latter though, we'll probably have to have houses players can buy in non-PVP zones (like in the city or something), so the game can appeal to players who enjoy killing people and players who'd prefer to live more normal lives in a different world.

Status
Not open for further replies.