Virden Core (mini adventure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was anyone he could rely on it was his XO, he smiled but it was more a wince. He nodded and turned his attention to the new ship, "Give them hell..." then he walked to the back of the bridge where there was the captains personal quarters. He pulled out a key and the door opened he went into the room to where a small armory was kept in case of boarding emergencies. The ship was outfitted for almost every contingency...almost. he walked out of the room and loaded a rifle and set it by his chair looking to one operator. "Hand out weapons and ammunition." The soldier nodded and went to work.

The ship lurched as the battleship commenced it assault against the Glory. "Battle Damage Report!" the light flickered and he was hoping that they missed the engines. He looked out the bridge wing again to the port side. "Bring us about to 000." His attention to the situation they were in was well understood but he didnt leave much to chance, "Well Sinclair please tell me that the Virden Core is ready to fire we cant take much more of this..." The ship lurched violently as a heavy plasma shell cracked into the forward section of the ship. Kelt lost his feet and hit his head against one of the handrails causing a gash to open over his eye. He cursed and stood up looking at his hang covered in his blood. Then looked at his white uniform and cursed. "I got blood on my uniform...the admiral will charge me for an unkempt uniform..." he said casually. all the tension in the air seem to break and an operator began to laugh and kelt simply smiled. "No laughing! You have a job to do." He said taking off his shirt revealed his under shirt that was tight-fitting but showed off his physical physique.

"Sinclair...Get my gun on that Blue Bastard..."

Bethany managed a wince-smile of her own in Kelt's direction. He was leaving her in charge for the moment. She had commanded during combat before, but not quite on this scale. It made her feel proud that he entrusted her to do this, even for a little while. "I'll try." She said with a snicker, mashing out a quick plan of attack for the gunners. She then connected to the fighter ships comms and ordered them all into a full on assault of the Blue fighter ship. "Rip that thing to shreds boys." Bethany looked on with a wicked grin as the fighter ships hurtled from the bay into open space, raining plasma fire upon the enemy ship. They would do their best to weaken the Blue's shields so the Virden Core would hit harder. "Gunners I really hope you're ready, you know my patience is thin." She murmured, pleased to note that the gunners were indeed ready and already attacking the Blue.

Kelt had returned and demanded a battle report. She pulled up the status of the ship as well as a string of reports from the ground units for him to review. "The front of the ship is taking some heavy damage, but you probably know that." As he was reviewing that she checked on the Virden Core. It just pinged the alert that the large weapon was charged and ready to fire. "Virden Core is ready to go on your mark sir!"
And not a moment too soon as the ship lurched, taking heavy damage from the enemy fire.
"Ah!" Bethany let out a slight squeal, tumbling forward onto her desk before she righted herself. 'Get it together Sinclair! You are not going to die out here' She snapped at herself internally, fixing up her uniform and hair and taking a few calming breaths. Kelt had taken a tumble though and sustained a nasty gash on his forhead. "Captain Kelt!" Bethany jumped up, rushing to the aide of her captain. He shrugged the injury off though and she couldn't help but to give an exasperated sigh as he cracked a joke. "Oh you..." She took his bloodied jacket and pressed a cloth to the wound on his forehead. "Why don't you actually make use of your captain's chair? We don't need you getting any more injuries." She fussed, guiding Kelt over to the chair reserved for him. She then turned towards one of the operations officers. "You heard the man, fire that damn Virden Core." The officer nodded and fired the weapon, the huge plasma beam causing the damaged ship to shudder as it fired off. The damage was substantial, the fighters and gunners had done their jobs well on the Blue's defenses. "Great, all we need is one more shot...."

lt sanders and her team of elites were backing up the mechs. their primary objective was to supply the mechs with any support they needed. "captain kelt, This is lt sanders were under heavy fire and providing support for the mechs. but were running low on ammunition. requesting supply drop on our coordinates."

Kelt gripped his armchair and accepted the assist. He did not need to be babied, he looked at the screen then herd the call over coms for assist for supplies. He cursed, Getting supplies down right at this moment would prove to much. "Sgt, this is Kelt your going to have to hold out, we have problems of our own up here we will get supplies to you asap but until then hold out." he hated giving bad news but this was it. There was a thud by the door as gunfire was herd from the bulkhead. The doors were reinforced tungsten metal, hard to punch through but they were at the door and trying to get their way in. Kelt was un-fazed as he looked at the the worried faces of his bridge team. "Give me a status on the enemy ships, and" just before his next order he saw the Blues battleship cannon begin to faze up. "EVASIVE MANOEUVRES DOWN 629!" The helmsman was stunned by the sudden urgency but was quick to reply in turn and dove the ship downward as a long pulse of a particle beam cannon collided with the ship hull eating through it like a jet stream through tissue paper. The Battleship was a corners badger by all accounts, he looked at the ship status panel where the shot had passed through the ship at a 36 degree angle cutting through several decks.

Thankfully the ships automatic closing doors sealed of areas that were exposed to space. He was shaken but not out of the fight. "Put that beast out Sinclair!" he cursed as they lined their bow back up with the battleship. His guns were peppering the battleship, it seemed their shields had all but gone as with his one of the operators piped up. "Sir were at 10% shields." He gritted his teeth in grim acknowledgement. He saw their beam begin to light up again. "Evasive manoeuvres all ahead full." He had a crazy idea and only would do this in act of simple desperation. "Sir well collide with the Blues ship!?" One operator pointed out. "Thank you for that, Ram them! dont allow them to hit us with that fucking weapon!" he grabbed the ships internal coms. "SHIPS CREW BRACE FOR IMPACT, I SAY AGAIN BRACE FOR IMPACT." he griped his chair arms and as the ship collided with the Blues battleship the particle beam cannon was pushed away and fired into the other blue ship cutting it in half. He looked at the Virden core just as its status light went green. then waited. till its hull was within sight. "FIRE!" the Viden Core canon was essentially the knock-out blow in a battle against to heavyweight boxers. as the blue ship lurches and began to explode internally. "PULL US AWAY!" the ships helmsman pulled the sluggish ship away as the blues core reactor went critical and exploded a spectacular blast. He now had to focus on mop up and the battle on the Planets surface, job was still not done. "Sinclair...get supplies ready...and make sure to see how many of thos bastards are left on my ship..." he was still tense but more relieved then ha had been in the last two hours.

He looked back and saw that the ship he was once one was taking damage and collided with Blue. "Shit, Grey! Virden is taking damage!" he exclaimed as he hard tapped the HUD of the Mech. He shook his head and got on the Com "Captain! Your left hanger of the ship his hooked with Blue and...." he stopped as he looked and could see thinks moving in; It was Blue. "Blue is coming in! I repeat, Blue is coming in!!" he yelled. He need to get this done, he needed to get the people down their safe so he can assist Virden Core "Grey! Almost their!" he screamed. He looked up and then down. And repeated.

He looked down and saw the fire coming from the ship. And soon, they touched down on the surface, it was Chaos and mayhem. He looked around and jumped down from the head of the Mech and started running forward. "I'll stand in the front lines, and cover y'all. Grey, I'll call if I need assistants." he said as he ran toward a team that seem to be taking fire and charged, He grabbed his pistol and ran toward a guy and grabbed the back of his head and pulled back and fired in his back and began to use him as a meat shield. He threw the guy down and fired at those standing and then covered "Sanders? I'm Sargent Liam Anderson, we are you cover and support. Lets get these people to safety." he said with a chuckle. His suit looked nothing like theirs. "Captain, we have Sanders, I repeat, we have Sanders. Orders, sir?" he asked.

Grey grinned as the barge doors fell open. Bullets and lazers pinged off his mech's armor as he guided it into the open and let it stand up to its full height. "all right boys. Attack pattern Hell on Earth." With an affirmative from the other two mechs Grey pushed his mech to run towards their objective. Enemy soldiers were crushed under foot as Grey opened fire on an armored column that had appeared over a hill. His autocannon sent AP shells straight through several tanks and a salvo of viper missles took care of the rest. "HQ this is grey. En route to target. ETA, 10 minutes"

Reactions: 3 people
Capitan kelt stood up slightly woozy from his head injury. Pulling up a overhead image of the colony as his troops had indicaters ob them making them appear as blue dots, the mechs as blue triangles. He was admiring the handywork as soon as they dropped in assisting the ground forces. Sgt. Anderson came across the net giving his position and requesting orders. "Anderson, cover the civilians with the platoon take your orders from Sgt Sanders. The blues will retreat but not after they know they have lost. We have won mostly here just do your job." He winced when an operator called for his attention when escape pods from the both blue ships began to abandon the destroyed vessles to the planets surface. He didnt relish it but he knew what had to be done. "destroy those escape pods." The ships guns were trained on them and open fire. Several made it to the planet surface but many did not. Less to worry about. "Get me a first aid box." An operator picked one off the wall and walked over to him and began to open it then put rubber gloves on then began to tend to his wound. They were not going to open the bridge till it was deemed safe. Just then there was a shudder inside the ship as one of the doors buckled from an explosion, he brushed his hand away as he stood and picked up his rifle, "Get ready to defend yourselves..." He cocked the rifle and took cover beside an one operator. The door finaly burst open and a contingent of Blue skinned aliens firing plasma blasts into the bridge. He shot down two as the rest of the bridge engaged in close quarters combat.

(ooc: before you read this listen to this peice Freedom Fighters by Two Steps From Hell. I think it fits perfectly.) "Yes, sir!" he said as he stood up and looked at Sanders "Ma'am. I need you to stay right under my ass. I will give you and the Civilians cover to the Mech, don't break the line." he said as he got up and began to fire at Blue. Bullets whizzed around them, explosives going on near everyone. "Stick together!" he said. He was leading Sanders and her men and everyone toward the Mech "Grey, we need you up here no....." his line cut off due to explosive impact near him when off and sent him flying through a house. He was hurt pretty bad but his suit could manage. He stumbled to get up and began to jog out their. He saw everyone stopping "Don't stop! Go!" he yelled and fired more at them, he kneeled and reloaded. He was taking heavy fire from all positions. He knew if the Mech didn't get here soon, he was going to lose everyone...including his life. "Maaaghh..." he groaned as he sat up after reloading. "Sanders! Get everyone in the building. I need your troops to hold this position till the Mech get here!" he said as he laid down fire to cover everyone. "Captain, we are taking heavy fire down here. I have secured the Sanders and everyone here in a building. I'm holding down the position till the Mech and Strider come through for support. Requesting a alternate route to get through!" he said over the Com. He was taking heavy fire. They were coming from everywhere. "Grey!! I need you here now!! Requesting support from all Strider 1, 2, and 3. Requesting back up! I repeat requesting back!" he yelled. Grenades and plasma bolts came everywhere. It was like the ultimate stand. The last stand for survival. He looked around and could see that if nothing happened, the mission would fail. "Grey, I need you to cover Sanders and the civilians. They won't last for much longer. Don't wait on me. I have to do something. Tell the Captain and my family I'm sorry if I don't make it" he said as the Coms to HQ was still on. Liam stood up jumped over a large rock and stood out in the open and started firing at Blue. His Com was still on "You will not take these peoples lives!!!!!" he screamed and began fighting up close and personal. He was an expert at CQC, he knew what he was doing. He fought as well as he could. He landed the punches and kicked them, shooting, using their bodies as meat shields. The more they fought the more he came. He looked back and could see they were holding their own. "Good.." he said.

Last edited by a moderator:
sanders had just ran out of ammo in her rifle and was down to her sidearm. her and her men were holding their own in the building she looked over at liam a guy was coming up behind him with a shotgun. she used her last bullets to shoot him. he fell to the ground. and then she heard the fateful sound a sniper rifle had just been fire and bullet went through her shoulder. she was knocked onto the ground.

He heard the shot and Sanders hitting the ground. He turned and looked at her. "Shit." he said as he was fighting two people and spartan kicked on through a door and then snapped another neck. He charged for Sanders and jumped over the large bolders and rocks as an explosion came around him. He crawled to Sanders and pulled her up in his arms "MEDIC!!" he yelled and a man came toward them. He looked at her wounds "You are going to be, okay. It's through and through. Private, patch her up." he said as the Medic did as commanded. The Medic pulled out a can that looked like a CO2 can with a obtic tube with a point. It would plug up the would so she could use it. He looked at Sanders and chuckled "This is going to hurt." he said as the Medic stuck it in her wound and squeezed the foam like substance and plugged up her wound, for now. He gave her his rifle and his mags and looked at her "I will get you out of her. Stay hold this pos..." he stopped as he was hit by another sniper. He shot him in the lower back, but by his side. He slammed into the ground and groaned "Mmmmmmmmm......damn it!" he yelled as he got up. He got on the Com "Damn it! Where is our support!" he yelled as he grabbed his pistol and started firing. "Grey, where the fuck are you!?" he screamed. Soon, a Mech came out of nowhere, it wasn't theirs. "Captain, they have upgraded Mechs!" he said as he ducked as missile came their way and blew up, he shielded Sanders but sent him flying once more and slamming on the ground. The helmet of his suit was shattering. He was bleeding. "Maaaaghhhh.." he said as he got up and charged toward the Mech and maneuvered around it to find it's weak spot. "Damn it..." he said as he saw it's Core near the head. He jumped on broken cars and buildings and jumped on the top of it's head and hung near the Core and pulled out a plasma grenade and stuck it and jumped down. Soon, it exploded, landing near Liam. He stumbled to his feet and jogged near Sanders. "Come on, guys. We can hold this. Lets give them all we got!" he yelled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bethany heard the call for supplies and already made arrangements for them to be delivered at the first chance the crew got. Things were really getting hectic and Bethany could feel her nerves fraying. The fighting was getting closer to the bridge and she was beginning to realize she may need to use the plasma pistol she kept latched underneath her desk. But she couldnt fret about that now. "Trying sir!" She shouted as she frantically trained the manual controlled guns onto the enemy ship. They still had some time before the Virden Core could fire again. Just needed to stall a little longer...

Kelt mentioned evasive maneuvers and at first Bethany was confused. Then the thought struck her that he meant to get closer to the enemy ship so the Virden Core would rip right through it. It was an insane idea and she couldn't help but to voice her opinion. "This is ridiculously dangerous! I didn't sign up for this I-" Before she could finish her thought there was a call to brace for impact. She pressed herself flush to her desk, gripping the metal edges so tightly her knuckles hurt as the Virden Core was fired. The close proximity caused the blast to shred the enemy Blue, just as Kelt had likely anticipated. There was violent shaking as the aftermath of the explosion rocked the ship. Bethany was impressed with the helsman flying. She looked and could see the man was pale and shaky and gave him a grin. "Nice flying mate!" She turned back around in her chair, checking to see if the supply drop she ordered was ready. Noticing that it was, she gave the order to go ahead with the drop picking up the comm to the ground forces to let them know. "Supplies and ammo on the way. Keep it up guys!"

Bethany continued her work, though when Anderson came back on the comm she noticed something that she had felt earlier but didn't pay much attention to. He just sounded so...familiar? But she knew it couldn't be the Liam Anderson she knew. Sure their names were similar but it wasn't her friend. He had never mentioned joining the army or going off into space whenever she talked about it. "Liam I...is that you?" She could feel in her gut that it might be him, but she needed to be certain. Unfortunately it wasn't the time or place for a reunion as the doors to the bridge were sustaining heavy damage. Kelt calmly informed the crew to prepare to defend themselves. Bethany felt a cold shiver run down her spine as she reached for the pistol. 'Please please please...' She prayed to whatever gods there were to keep her safe long enough to find out if it really was her Liam. The door gave a final groan as it was blown inward, Blue soldiers flooding the bridge. She took up position behind a computer, but not before a shot was fired in her direction. She felt a searing pain in her thigh where the bullet had grazed her and fell to her knees behind cover. "God damnit!" She hissed, pressing a hand to the bleeding wound for a moment before leaning out to pick off a few of the Blues. She just hoped they would be able to defend the bridge. Without the center of command, their efforts here would be for nothing.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
After the initial shock of the blast and entry the blues became more weary of their foe. He began to take shot by just simply firing blindly into the bridge. He was growing tired of simply hoping to settle this. He looked at he fellow soldiers and then made a motion to have one flank left and then one flank right to see if they could get a shot off at the blues by the door blast entrances. the first guy was to fast and on the left dropped dead, he cursed but the other lined up a shot and dropped the blue then gunfire erupted again. this time the blues began to back up, he didn't know where they would go...both of their ships were destroyed and well they would either fight or die. But maybe for once...he could take them prisoner...then again it would be an unnecessary problem that could arise. He would have to kill them all. He steeled himself and began to advance on the door followed by four other Operators who had barely held a rifle other then having their yearly rifle examinations. He looked around the corner quickly and saw that the Blues had hunkered down. waiting for them. He shook his head at the flaw of it all. A team like they most likely are is to quickly and efficiently take a bridge of an opposing ship but they hadent met a ship more drilled in emergencies then the Glory. He Made a motion of his hands that the Operators looked baffled. He sighed. New thing teach crew sign code. he explained what to do. He was going to roll into fire as the group would suppressing fire. One perator stood his ground and told Kelt. "Ill be the distraction...your to valuable sir." he looked at him and well he trusted his aim more then he trusted theirs. He nodded. "Ill have to commend you..." he got into position then the operator rolled into the hallway and opened fire then Kelt wheeled around the corner and poped four shots in succession dropping the four blues left he thought there would be more...it stands to reason he guessed instead of taking the bridge by brute stregth of arms which was their normal MO but now he understood they had taken to much damage and the breach and clear they attempted ended in disaster. He walked up to the now deceased Blues. He fliped the rifle to safety and slung it over his shoulder and walked back onto the bridge to examin his XO. "Are you ok Bethany? he said looking at her while a operator tended to her wound with what was in the first aid kit.

jasmine picked up the rifle she positioned it so she could have it supported while she fired. her left arm was useless to her. Even though she had one arm, she was still just as accurate. As the grenades started exploding around her she looked at liam and the her crew. She gave a sigh and then yelled out her orders. "liam, take my team and fall back with the civilians. Im going to stay here and cover you." she had a look of forlorn on her face' she was going to have to give up her life to ensure we dont lose more lives than needed. "captain kelt, this is sanders i have ordered my team and liam to fall back with the civilians. i will cover them to the best of my abilities, but i fear i wont be coming back. It was an honor to serve you sir." She waited for liam and her team to be ready to fall back.

He shook his head "No!" he yelled "I will not fail this mission! We have orders to protect these people!! You will have to shoot me, to make me leave!" he yelled as he looked at her. Her troops were ready to leave and retreat and he yanked the guys back "Get back here!! Now! We never leave anyone behind!" he yelled at the troops. He looked deep into Sanders eyes and grabbed her arm "We stick together, do you hear me! I am not going to lose you! I have my orders..we protect. We have to protect these people. WE, Sanders. Hold your ground. You are more valuable than my life!" he said as looked around. "For Glory...for Virden Core." he said as he looked at her and held out his hand. He hoped she'd understand.

As the shooting continued it quickly became clear to Bethany that this storming of the bridge was an ill-fated last ditch effort by the Blues. The behaviorist in her was both terrified and enthralled by this suicidal decision. The Blues were resilient and determined, not unlike their human counterparts. Also incredibly foolish and maybe even a bit brave... She could not feel any sympathy or connection with them, no matter how similar she was finding them to be to her own species. Especially not when she watched as men and women she'd grown to respect and care for were being shot dead right in front of her. Bethany continued firing, adding an angry roar of her own to the growing noise on the bridge. She could see Kelt and two others were devising a plan and though she wanted to help could not leave her spot without offering herself up as an easy target. The burning wound on her thigh was intense and left her a bit woozy; she was stuck where she was as Kelt and the other two finished off the last of the Blues.

When the smoke cleared there was so much death on both sides of the field. Bethany felt hot tears pooling in her eyes, so dismayed by the bloodshed. But this was war, intergalatic war and she damn well needed to get used to seeing scenes like this if she hoped to remain at Kelt's side. A captain like him had no patience for weakness probably. She slumped to her knees, resting her head against the cool metal of a machine next to her as she watched Kelt approach. She straightened up quickly and put a brave face on but her tears chose that moment to spill over, trailing down her cheeks. "I-Sorry." She whispered, wiping them away with her sleeve. Kelt had used her first name when addressing her and for a moment she didn't really know how to respond. "Fine sir... I just... could really use some tea right now." Bethany laughed lightly then pressed her fingers to her lips to stiffle a whimper of pain as he cleaned and tended her wound. He was gentle though and she appreciated it. "Thank you sir, really I'm fine." She tried to reassure her commanding officer by standing to her feet. It wasn't easy but she managed it. "What about you? Are you ok?"

As Grey and the two mechs sprinted towards the power facility he heard Liam's desperate call for help. Growling in frustration he skidded to a stop. "Strider 2 and 3. This is strider actual, continue to the power relay, I will go provide fire support to the pinned down troops." Turning the hulking mech around Grey sprinted towards the direction of Liam's signal. "Anderson hold tight. Strider 1 is en route." But as he went to broadcast Grey realized his comm had been hit by a plasma charge. He could receive comms but he could not broadcast. "Dammit, stupid kid..you cant get soft and abandon the objective.." Grey Muttered to himself as he pushed his mech to the limit. The ground thundering as the giant powerhouse sprinted towards the beleaguered group of pinned down soldiers.

A blue mech had just flanked around the group of soldiers and had stopped directly in front of a group of civilians. Screaming in terror the women and children fell to the ground and covered their eyes as the Blue mech raised its weapons. Suddenly there was a mechanical howl and Grey's mech slammed into the the enemy mech like a train tearing into a truck. The two mechs went tumbling to the ground but grey righted his mech and pointed his autocannon staright at the downed pilot. "Open up you piece of shit". His auto cannon thundered and the shells tore into the cockpit, reducing the pilot into a puddle of entrails. Pulling his mech around Grey stomped towards the building where Liam was holed up. Pressing the button to activate his loudspeaker Grey shouted at the building. "ROOKIE! THIS IS STRIDER 1. MY COMMS ARE OUT. USE YOUR LASER DESIGNATORS TO SPOT TARGETS FOR ME!" Grey's voice blasted out of the giant mech like an angry god. A group of blues were storming the entrance of the building and Grey aimed at them. "ALL FRIENDLIES! DANGER CLOSE, DANGER CLOSE!" Waiting a few moments to make sure any friendly soldiers took cover Grey unloaded the rest of his autocannon magazine into the blues. The shells exploded all around the aliens, sending gore and blood flying everywhere and coating the hull of the mech in alien guts and blood.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Liam was so happy to hear the voice of the Mech "About time!" he yelled."Everyone get your asses inside, now!" he yelled as he grabbed Sanders and picked her up bridal style and carried her into the building and sat her down "Now don't go play hero now. Let Virden Core take care of this." he said as he laid more ammo for her. He patted her good shoulder and took off "I got you, Grey." he said as he charged out front and through several plasma grenades across the way to mark the targets and used his Sniper Rifle and lasers all the targets "FIRE!!!!" he screamed as everyone saw him and was taking fire, until another Blue Mech came out of nowhere "Grey, at your 9 o'clock! Another Blue Mech." he yelled as he threw a Grenade and blew out the legs of it and charged and did a backflip and landed straight through the cockpit and smashed the head of the pilot. "Fucking scum.." he grunted as he stepped out of it. He kneeled as the explosions went crazy around him. He got on the Coms and radioed HQ to Kelt. "Sir, we have Grey and are soon to evacuate the civilians and Sanders, requesting immediate extraction, sir. I repeat. We have Grey and soon to evacuate all civilians and Sanders. Requesting immediate extraction. Send the birds!" he said. He jumped and took the rifle of the dead pilot and jumped on the top of Greys Mech. He tapped the hood "Lets do some damage!" he yelled. He fired along side with Grey, like brothers in arms. Like True Soldiers. Like Brothers.

(sorry for not posting. im a senior in highschool and i enlisted into the us army, so if i dont post its probably do to that.)
Sanders wanted to punch liam she hated being carried more than anything in the world she positioned her self so the rifle could be operated with one arm she was aiming at the rooftops picking of enemy snipers. she ducked behind cover when a grenade exploded just in front of her cover she popped back out and continued to take out the snipers. she looked over at liam and grey who were fighting off the mechs. She set down her rifle and pulled out a laser designator she began laser designating the heav y machine gun emplacements that were pinning them down. "strider this is sanders i have designated 3 heavy machine gun emplaces that need to be taken out before my men can push forward."

Reactions: Dunruffle
Kelt nodded but could tell his XO was emotionally drained but everyone was. He looked to the situation planetside. "Get back on the console, Our problems are over but our ground forces are still in the thick of it. Get the guns ready and tell the ground support the green light for us to use artillery. Ill have no friendly fire only fire on spots they paint." He walked back to his command chair and wiped the blood from his eye as he began to move preparations. The people from engineering were calling up with a status of the warp drive as well as environmental systems, and gravity systems. He was processing all the information as fast as humanly possible he looked up to three operators and then pointed to a fourth, "You four guard the hallway. who knows if there are any more blues." The group moved into position down the hall on both sides and set up a barricade. He picked up the ships intercom and began an update. "Crew of the Glory we have won out the day by defeating two blues ships...our engines are running hot so we will turn half of them off and restrict power usage to the minimum, Guns, and Life support. We have taken heavy losses but they to have suffered. I am Proud of all of you. But our job is not yet done...we have friends and innocent people on the planet that are still locked in combat. I am still counting on all of you to dig deep and pull through this...Kelt out." He placed the phone down and sighed. he would have a few years taken off his life for the amount of stress this single battle had caused him. He Herd the coms alight with combat on the surface and then he straightened his back and cocked his chin with a second wind and began to issue orders to get coms with command, establish a tactical picture of the ground forces as well as get ready to give aid. " Sinclair!, Tell That Rookie to pull the people back and Make a HQ on the ground we cannot look after people here, to much on our plate already adding civilans would just hamper us. Tell me the status of the Mech advance." then he looked to a single operator. "You, go into the room behind the bridge and make a pot of tea...."

Status
Not open for further replies.