Not open for further replies.

Chat Noir

Wolfstar
Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
Online Availability
I'm online pretty much most of the day, unless I'm working, then I'll be off from about 10am to 3:30, or from about 5pm to 11pm (UK time)
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
  4. Futanari
Genres
Fantasy, Real-Life, Modern, Magical, Romance, Fanbased
"Violent delights have violent ends.."

Jay Morrow recited to himself as he replaced his books into his locker and got out his drama club folder. He had drama next, and was especially excited because they'd be doing auditions for 'Romeo and Juliet' - aka, Jay's dream role. He had been doing supporting roles in drama club productions for three years, and now he was determined to get the leading role. He NEEDED that starring role on his resume or he'd never get that NYADA audition.

He glanced at the inside of his locker at the NYADA poster, and smiled. The New York Academy for Dramatic Arts was his dream school, and the only one he was considering, so he had one chance.

With a sigh, Jay closed his locker, and headed down the hall to the drama theatre. He was going to get Romeo, and he wasn't going to let anyone take that from him.

Jonna Elstar was determined.

The school was actually doing a worthwhile play for once. Romeo and Juliet was a classic, as were most of Shakespeare's works. Sure, Grease was good, and On the Town had it's perks, but Romeo and Juliet? He loved the language in it. Old English was a blast to use, and the sense of humor was great.

And the chance to get a lead role, of a idiot who picks a random girl, then dies on stage? He's in. He's so in. This was a great chance for him, and he intended to take it. He had already been practicing lines for the audition.

Usually, he'd be fine with getting a secondary role. But for this, no way. He wanted the part of Romeo, and he intended to get it. Even if he had to dye his hair back to brown. Which would be a loss, but he'd do it.

He ran down the hall, ducking in and out of the crowd. He needed to get to drama now.

Jay entered the theatre, and headed down the steps towards the front, his eyes on the stage where the Juliet auditions were taking place. He sat in the front row, still reciting his lines from his monologue on his head. Nobody would take this from him - nobody. Otherwise he'd throw a Britney, and that wouldn't be attractive.

"O God!.O nurse, how shall this be prevented? My husband is on earth, my faith in heaven; How shall that faith return again to earth..." A girl recited in a monotone on stage, making Jay wince.

"Butchering it." He muttered under his breath, and glanced up when he heard the doors open and footsteps down the steps. Ah, Jonna - possibly the only competition Jay might have, if he thought Jonna would ever be interested in a role like Romeo.

tumblr_o2q0h9L0UF1rxhkl0o4_400.gif

Hoo boy, was Jonna interested in that role. As he walked, he studied the lines, biting his lip in concentration. He moved, sitting down in a seat slowly, before deciding to actually check out the possible Juliets.

He winced at the one happening at the moment. Jesus, they really needed better female actors. This was sort of pathetic. He leaned back in his seat, crossing his arm. If they messed up this play, he'd be a bit annoyed. Seriously, the one time they do a favorite of his, and the only people willing to try out for a main girl role where talking like robots.

"Okay, thank you Beth." Professor Piper politely said, and looked at her clipboard. "Okay, lets have the Romeos on stage - Jay Morrow, and Jonna Elstar." She read out. "Here's hoping we get some talent on this stage."

Jay's eyebrows rose - Jonna was auditioning for the Romeo part?! Oh hell no. As cute as the blue-haired boy was, there was no way Jay was letting go of this. He got to his feet, and headed onstage. He stood centre stage, smiling confidently.

Oh. That kid was trying out. Jonna stood up, getting on stage with his hands in his pockets, and looking Jay over. It wasn't as if he hadn't noticed the guy before, he just didn't really talk to him ever. He didn't see a point to it. But, he knew that Jay was a decent actor at the least.

This only hindered his plans a bit. He was sure he could still get the role. Besides, he'd been practicing for weeks. What could go wrong?
Nothing. Nothing was about to go wrong, and Jonna was going to make sure of it. He rocked back and forth on his heels, waiting patiently for the next instructions.

"Let's go through the garden monologue. Jay, you go first." Professor Piper instructed, sitting back in her seat. This would be interesting to see who came out on top here.

Jay cleared his throat, and looked around for someone he could pretend was the Juliet to his Romeo. He looked at Jonna, and was suddenly inspired. It was a risky thing, but he wanted this part a lot.

He walked towards the other boy, his eyes on him. "But soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the East, and Juliet is the sun! Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon, who is already sick and pale with grief, that thou her maid art far more fair than she. Be not her maid, since she is envious. Her vestal livery is but sick and green, and none but fools do wear it. Cast it off. It is my lady; O, it is my love! O that she knew she were!"

He lifted his hand to Jonna's cheek, and rested it there. "She speaks, but she says nothing. What of that?"

Okay, the guy was good, but what the hell? It was one thing to really want the part, and another to start touching your opponents cheek. He couldn't have just used the air? He could pretend, couldn't he?

But, Jonna would stay resilient. He wasn't going to let this get to him. Hot Theater Guy #1 was NOT going to get this part, and if Jonna freaked out over this, well, it'd probably be game over. So, he'd wait it out, and wait for the guy to finish. Then, he'd do the same. Hopefully he could pull it off better, and then he'd get the part, and everything would be alright.

So, he stood there stiffly, eyeing Jay suspiciously.

Professor Piper quirked an eyebrow up with interest, and nodded to Jonna once Jay had finished. "Lets hear you do the same monologue." She sat back in her seat, watching them. An idea was forming in her head, but she needed to see how Jonna responded to the role.

Jay lowered his hand and slid his hands in his pockets. "Sorry mate -I just...yeah." He sheepishly said, and stood to the side of the stage.

He's saying sorry? Really? Well, too late now. Now, Theater Guy was going to have to deal with this.

Jonna cleared his throat, before beginning. "But soft! what light through yonder window breaks?" he began, addressing Jay, but not approaching him. Instead, he stood where he was, just gesturing to him with a determined look upon his face. After all, the scene was supposed to play out with Juliet near a window. He hadn't forgotten that bit.

He continued on, grinning, "It is the east, and Juliet is the sun! Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon, who is already sick and pale with grief, that thou her maid art far more fair than she: be not her maid, since she is envious; her vestal livery is but sick and green, And none but fools do wear it; cast it off. It is my lady; O, it is my love! O, that she knew she were! She speaks, yet she says nothing: what of that?"

Jay watched Jonna's performance, an eyebrow raised. If this guy thought he was going to steal Romeo from him, he had another thing coming- Jay was prepared to kill to get this role.

Once it was over, Professor Piper leapt to her feet, her eyes bright with excitement. "You both were absolutely brilliant, and I can't possibly choose between you two, so I have had the ingenious idea to rewrite the original script to make it more modern. With two Romeo characters instead of a Juliet. Same themes, same basic plot, but modernised with a queer twist." She beamed. "Congratulations, you both got the role. Now, I have rewrites to do." She swept out of the room, singing to herself happily as she left two dumbstruck boys behind.

"What?" Jay gaped after her, and turned to Jonna. "What the frack just happened?"

Jonna crossed his arms ".....You have ears, right? Play. Rewritten. Totally gay." he replied simply, before shrugging "Well, guess I don't have to participate in kissing a girl. One good thing that came out of this situation."

He stretched a bit, before glancing at Jay " 'Sides, you saw the Juliet candidates, right? I could have played a better Juliet. It was a disastrous try-out."He bent down to retie his shoe, blowing some hair out of his face. As far as he was concerned, this was great. He didn't really want to kiss a girl, he just wanted to be Romeo. And now, he was part of a win-win situation. He didn't see how this could get any better, really. He just hoped that the teacher stuck to the story aside from the whole gender swap going on.

"Yeah I guess." Jay glanced sideways at Jonna. "I've been studying this play since first year - it's my dream role - so I want to get it right. If you do anything to jeopardise that, I will make you regret it." He flatly said, and headed offstage. He grabbed his bag from his seat before leaving.

As he left the theatre, he spotted his oldest and best friend just down the hall. "Hey, wait up." Jay quickened his pace to catch up. "You'll never guess what just happened. I barely believe it either."

Jonna watched him leave, before rolling his eyes. Yes, of course, because he would mess up the kids part intentionally. Obviously that was his master plan! Oh, it's too bad someone found out about it before he could put it into action. What a shame!

In his opinion, the guy needed to chill a bit. He walked out of the theater, stretching. He'd had enough of play for the day. All he wanted to do now was head home, but, of course, he still had the rest of the school day to go through. Bed survive, but he wouldn't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.