Vines

Status
Not open for further replies.
The forest was eerily calm. There were no animalistic sounds present, only an ominous creaking every once in a while. Other times, the thud of something plodding through the forest disrupted the silence. It appeared as if all life but the wood itself had died or faded from existence.

Vener listened to the quiet, and then the plop's through the woodland, his eye's staying open, though somewhat droopy, he knew he had to stay awake, however the cool was beginning to make him tired, he shifted his head a little bit, the stood straight up, he couldn't fall asleep, he began to pace a bit, his hand on his sword, ready to draw, if that was the case.

The creaking and moaning didn't cease, but eventually, whatever had been trodding through the forest was still. The branches and leaves rustled overhead, ever-shifting dark figures that blotted out the sky. Slow, steady breathing came from the tent, as Amy had finally fallen asleep.

Vener looked around, gazing around the immediate area, then gave a sigh of relief once the movement's had stopped. Vener put his blade back in it's scabbard, whatever was around, if it came to close and posed a threat; he would kill it.

The night dragged on with no particularly memorable event occurring, and any night watch the pair may have set up would have been for naught, as no threat ever presented itself.

When the morning shine arrived Vener opened his eye's and gave a yawn, he had fallen asleep a few hour's after having kept watch, he sat straight up, hopefully Amy had not seen him sleeping on the job, what would she think of him? He got up and went toward the tent, to check on her and see if she was still asleep.

She was sitting up, untangling her hair. Amy looked up. "Morning." She propped herself up on her knees. "I guess it's my turn to cook, eh?"

He smiled a little bit, "Your better at cooking than I am, but that's not saying much." He said jokingly, and came over beside her, sitting down, "Do we have anything left? Or shall I go look for something?" He asked, his eyes focusing on her face.

She made a funny face at him, before letting the cooking comment go. "Heh, we set traps for a reason. And after breakfast, we'll stretch and be on our way, alright? It isn't that far." Amy rolled out of the tent and sprang up onto her feet. She looked back to see if Vener was going to go out and check the traps before reaching for her bag to retrieve a pan. "You check the traps and I'll get firewood and water?"

Vener nodded a bit at what she said, sounded reasonable enough. He smiled softly and went to go check the traps, maybe of they were lucky they could get something bigger than a squirell.

Amelia went off and collected firewood. She left the wood by the campsite and collected water. She returned carefully; her footsteps were well placed. She did not feel like spilling the water.

Vener looked around, walking to every trap that they had made, most of which were empty, however, two of them had a turtle, or a tortoise, because of it's size, and a hare. He smiled a bit and grabbed both creatures, the hare, which was already dead, and the large heavy tortoise.

Amelia lit a fire in the same area that she had used last night, although this time she used a different style of construction. With the log cabin structure set, she lit the fire using her hand bow as she had last night. Once it was burning, she put the pot on top of the flames and waited for the water to boil.

Vener took somewhere around 30 minutes to get back to Amy. A small smirk on his face as he approached her, though his face was red from the weight of the tortoise.

Amy looked up to meet Vener's eyes once he returned. "Hey you slowpoke," she remarked sarcastically, a grin on her face. "Oh, and you brought a friend. Wonderful," she said, nodding to the turtle. "Is he still alive? I can't imagine that a rock killed it."

Vener nodded, "Yeah ... unfortunately I couldn't pierce his shell so I thought maybe you had an idea." He huffee a bit. His eyes meeting hers, as he also held out the rabbit.

"Mm. Heh, I hate to ask you to carry the turtle back, but I think he'd serve better as dinner." She smiled bashfully, aligning one pair of canines. "So, uh, take your pick: I'll carry him back and you can gut the hare, or vice versa."

He thought for a minute, "I'll carry him back ... okay?" He whispered, he had thought they would be able to make something out of him, but he guessed not. "Probably shouldn't have even brought him." He shook his head a little bit, picking the tortoise up.

She took the rabbit by its hindlegs in response. "Heh, nah. The turtle will be dinner. Actually, as it seems there are very few predators here, you could probably just drive some sticks into the ground to make a pen, and keep him here. Your choice. Turtles are just slow, in movement and in cooking."

He thought for a moment, looking back toward the direction in which he had found the tortoise, it was a bit of a walk after all. Vener smiled softly and nodded, "I'll make a cage for it." He smiled gently, "That's way too far back."

Status
Not open for further replies.