Village of Mages - Armies of the Conjurers

DarkElf006.jpg

((Chaotic Neutral for this girl+18+Some magical talents but, she's a physical fighter. She DOES have the ability to levitate.. and move around in the air. She has a panther summon but I'll bring that in later.))

Her name was Verawe. She was alone, she was always alone. A dark elf who had no past, nor a future. She briefly wondered why that was, and if she'd had her memory erased at some point during her lifetime. She had no home. No birthplace. No family.
To her knowledge she had never stopped walking, always towards something but never a specific location. And her heart could bear no more of this foolish journey with no end. She had only just turned eighteen a few weeks ago and felt blessed that she remembered even that much.

As a dark elf she fared well with the darker arts, and the scimitars she wielded made any stomach turn at the thought of them ripping through flesh; with sharp teeth at the ends, she laughed when her enemies felt the first cut.
The scimitars were an extension of her body. While her enemies cower before her bloodlust, screaming and suffering, liquids from blood to urine streaming from their bodies, she seemed to be dancing on air. Untouchable. Beautiful. Dangerous. Her hair flowing furiously fast behind her, her eyes distant but sharp, she'd made an example of anyone who sought her out, no matter the intent.

Gently swinging off the side of a roof she landed lightly on the ground and began walking around the village. A voice suddenly made her stop dead in her tracks. It was the voice of a man, younger but a man nonetheless.
"I specialize in Alterations - changing ones body to become more suited to a situation - adaption some might say. From transmutation and abjuration magic, naturally,'' Something clicked in her mind after that last sentence, it sounded like a dark elf. Just like her. "Some might find it a bit... unpleasant-''. Slowly she whispered a quick prayer to Lloth and steeled her gaze on the man's face. It was time she made her introductions. ''No more hiding in these dark shadows..'' She whispered. '' I want to shine brightly in them..''.

She walked up to the group of people gathering around this man and stopped before him. ''Hail brother; May I ask, if not too informally, what do you seek in these parts? Or maybe a better question, what should I be seeking?''

(( Okay, Sir Basil, glad to know that the Rp is continuing. Is Reeve going to be a NPC, are you going to take him over or are we just going to slowly get rid of him? ))

Mana smiled at the girl, Bree, nodding automatically. She blanked out, thoughts consuming her, thoughts of hunger and food mostly, but a few important things beside. Such as Bree's quiver, the short little arrows or darts, presumably for her crossbow. A strange weapon, although I'm hardly one to talk. A sword, dagger and a manipulating aura. All very different and confusing. Mana smiled and refocused her senses just to hear Reeve say,
"Lunch sounds excellant." She cast her mind back and seemed to remember him briefly explaining his powers. She was glad to see that both of the boys seemed to be fine with Bree and the prospect of eating lunch with her. Mana was pleased about that.
"It does indeed. I suggest we go and grab some food, before I faint on the spot." Mana turned to face the most crowded area, a short queue already formed.

She whirled back around as she heard another set of approaching footsteps. Thankfully this time, no doors were crashing into them, but an older female, approached them. Or more specifically, approached Reeve. She was a dark elf, Mana could tell, like Reeve, and she spoke strangely. Formally.
"Hail brother; May I ask, if not too informally, what do you seek in these parts? Or maybe a better question, what should I be seeking?'' Mana didn't understand what she meant. But looking around, she wasn't too sure if anyone else did either. She scared Mana slightly, the clothes and the hair, so unlike Reeve. Smiling awkwardly, Mana edged backwards.
"Perhaps we should leave those two to it?" Mana aired the suggestion warily, aimed at both Bree and Aleron.

(Reeve is going to be phased out. I don't really know what Frost intended him to act like, and I don't feel comfortable playing him. :) We have enough of a cast as it is )

Aleron glanced at the heavily armed, dark skinned girl. Another dark elf. Aleron knew a little of dark elves from the legends in their country, dark skinned and fair haired - prone to acts of violence and sadomasochism - not nearly as organized as his own people or as tyrannical. But evil, mostly, evil of a different breed than that of his own people. Then again, Aleron shouldn't judge too swiftly, after all, his house was a misanthrope amongst his race. The young man ran a hand through his thick hair and glanced at Mana. He listened to what the dark elf said and tried to suppress a laugh - despite the fact that his skin was shuddering. It seemed as if the young woman was attempting to give off a vibe of mystery and inner darkness and was utterly failing at it - Aleron had seen young women attempt this at numerous social gatherings in order to make themselves exotic.

Aleron grinned, not being able to help himself, and like all of his expressions, it had an edge to it. He glanced between Mana and Bree, "It might be for the best," He murmured, and he glanced up at the female dark elf, "You're welcome to lunch with us, though you might find it a dull affair, I'm afraid." Reeve glanced up at the other member of his race and frowned a little, "I'm going to school here. It's a school for magic. I'm here to study," His tone had faltered a bit - as females of his race were known more for their violent tendencies than the males, "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have food to get to..."

Verawe slowly made her hands lie limp by her sides and assumed a smirk. For all intents an purposes she thought this approach to be a tad better
than scaring them away. "I apologize, I'm not overly used to socializing. I'm a traveler, honing my skills as I walk the path we all walk." As the words came out she bit back laughter. "Of course you don't have many dark elves appearing out of nowhere to say hello , so again I apologize for my rudeness. I would enjoy accompanying you of course." She slowly shifted stance and approached the dark elf with pained naivety. " Would you allow me to walk beside you?" she inquired without a seconds thought.

((Hey guys, just to say that I'm going to miss out Reeve's intro and just move on, as he's being phased out, if that's okay.))

"It's lovely to meet you," Bree grinned with relief when the boy spoke, shaking his hand gladly. "My name is Aleron, Aleron Libon, as if it matters," He said cheerfully before drawing attention to the bracelet Bree had already noticed beforehand. "Summoner by talent, swordsman by trade." he announced and Bree nodded, acknowledging his talents.
"Summoning and swordsmanship. You would know your way around a battle then!" Bree grinned, lightening the mood. She intended to speak again, before quick, light footsteps interuppted her. A dark-skinned woman appeared, her aura forcing up Bree's defences as she whirled in, directly addressing Aleron - her own kin. Bree shifted, a little uncomfortable. She had no direct problem with this female, but she got the impression that she wouldn't be as easy to get on with as the others. Nevertheless, she smiled politely, heading in to the lunch hall with the small group.

Aleron shrugged his narrow shoulders, and in reference to the comment, the young man rolled his eyes, "My people are rather more warmongering than I would like. I blame our King," He shrugged again, and walked with the little band into the sprawling lunch-hall, a wide grand room filled with equally long tables and benches. Young men and women of all races and types sat at the table - talking and eating happily. The tables themselves were loaded with foods of all sorts, and Aleron quickly scanned the tables for food from his own country - particularly a small bowl of a thick dark brown-green porridge that looked horrible, but was homey, a food that he could recall all the way back to his earliest days. Once more, it wasn't on the tables. Aleron sighed, and sat down at an empty seat, beckoning with his arms that the others follow suit, and sit with him.

He smiled slightly, though the tinge of cold and the tinge of sharpness didn't leave his face,
"I was hoping for a bowl of Lishaĭnik Keeri, but i suppose it would be difficult to import the materials for it - considering the king's... ridiculous export and import policies," He shook his head, "But I won't get into politics. If I got into the politics of my homeland - we would be here for some time." He glanced down at his sword, the lower one with the heavy sheathe and the complex patterns that he never could get open. It seemed to glare right back at him, as if condeming him for saying such harsh words about the king. The strange, slightly blue skinned humanoid resolved that reflecting on the sword would do no good, and thus, grabbed a turkey leg.

Mana followed the group to the table and took an empty seat to the left of Aleron. She took in the dishes, of such variety from every land around, and was thankful that she recognised most. Although it wasn't particularly surprising, after all, Mana had grown up in this land, just a few miles north of Rohtal, in fact. Eagerly, as she was rather hungry indeed, Mana took two slices of freshly baked white bread from a nearbly platter.
"I was hoping for a bowl of Lishaĭnik Keeri, but i suppose it would be difficult to import the materials for it - considering the king's... ridiculous export and import policies. But I won't get into politics. If I got into the politics of my homeland - we would be here for some time." Mana heard Aleron say, as she was ladelling berries onto her plate. She had a particular craving at that moment for blackberries and cheese.
"Politics are dull." Mana said, for she paid little interest to the subject. Politics didn't really affect villagers, except for when war was about. "You're right, let's talk about something more light-hearted over lunch." She said trying to change the subject.

As she was digging into her food, mature cheese in little chunks, Mana thought, The food here is fantastic. I love coming in here, though it's much nicer with people you know, even if it's just a little. Not so lonely this way. I wish I could take some of this home for my family. Although they'd never take it, too proud by half. Mana smiled fondly as she piled slices of roasted ham onto her bread. "Ah ha." She exclaimed suddenly. "Roast potatoes. My favourite." Mana stood and walked a few steps to claim the dish of thinly sliced, perfectly roasted potatoes in garlic. She brought it back to her place and scooped a generous helping onto her plate. "I love these, my father used to make these at home for me and my mother. It brings back good memories." She explained, then offered the dish around.

Bree sat reasonably quietly, smiling a little as she thought about how nice it was to eat a leisurely lunch with friendly people, rather than grab a quick bite to eat as a necessity before heading back out to the training grounds. Tuning back in to the conversation she figured she should probably be listening to, Bree just caught Mana on about roast potatoes being her favourite. Bree took a hearty scoop of them when the dark-haired girl offered them around, also loving potatoes, probably more than most. After grinning and thanking Mana, Bree looked around the tables, searching for a particular food. Just like Mana's potatoes and Aleron's lishaĭnik keeri, it was a part of her childhood and life before the Academy and bought back good memories of her family.
Mountain hare stew. Stringy at the best of times, damn near inedible at the worst, Bree grinned at the memory of the taste. But no matter how bad it tasted, it had always been warm and filling, the perfect dish for the cool mountain climbs Bree was used to. Sighing when she didn't see it, but not really surprised, she turned back to the table and helped herself to some cold chicken haunches, along with a few tomatoes. It was stupid to hope for something as meagre as hare stew in the Academy. Located in the much warmer, much wealthier southern region of Pokiel it had no need to serve food that's main appeal was temperature. Unless it was cold that is.
Anyway, Bree grinned at her lunch companions, deciding to interact a little more.
"Well, this food boasts greater appeal than the staple fare I was used to in the mountains," She said light-heartedly, taking a bite of chicken as she awaited her aquaintances' replies.