Village by the Sea [18/ 28 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Everyone -
I have updated the first post with some stuff, please look at it.
There should be a link to all the submitted profiles, some are still a WIP, that is fine, but it is marked for people to know.
Please make sure that your roles are marked, I might have missed them.

I would really appreciate it if all of you had all profiles up in the thread by Wednesday night, it can be a WIP.

[ N a m e ]
Zahra Karim Armstrong

[ N i c k n a m e ]
Zahi (Father Only)
Ze

[ G e n d e r ]
Female

[ A p p e a r e d - A g e ]

[ A c t u a l - A g e ]

[ R a c e ]
Half Human, Half Djinn

[ S e x u a l - O r i e n t a t i o n ]
Demisexual

[ F a m i l y ]
KarrnArmstrong [ The Blacksmith ] - Father
Inas Karim [ NPC - Nomadic Priestess ] - Mother

[ B i o g r a p h y ]
Twenty years ago Zahra was born to the blacksmith [Karr Armstrong] and a nomadic priestess [ Inas Karim ]. The couple was overjoyed with the introduction of her in their life. Her father was over protective of her and her mother was the laid back one. As a toddler she always went to her father, she was always, and would always be a daddy's girl. The child watched her parents closely. Her father was frequently in the forge and her mother would either praying, looking at books, or off in the forest somewhere. First she started to pick up her father's trade. Karr would constantly give Zahra things to do while he was in the forge but she always sneaked in while he was entranced with his work and he could not hear over the sound of metal. At first the noise was hard to listen to, it was so loud, but then it soon became like white noise to her, it soothed her.

One day when he father wasn't paying attention to her she walked over to one of his hammers and tried to move it - they were very heavy. She tried pushing, pulling, and turning, but none of it worked. No matter what she still tried and she was so focused she didn't hear the clanking stop. "Let's go play outside." Karr said to her and she pursed her lips and shook her head so violently that it shook some of her body. "I wanna be here!" Zahra told him in a pouty voice. He managed to get her out but she still kept coming back, so to entertain her he let her try to move his smallest hammer.

Because she had been messing with the smithy items for so long it was noticeable that Zahra was a lot stronger than the other children and she bragged about it. She showed them feats of strength and just like her father, challenged them to arm wrestling. Zahra was not one to pick a fight but she didn't stand to let anyone walk over her and her friends. It didn't take long for Zahra to get the reputation of one of the village's strongest kids. Zahra primarily hung out with the boys her age, save for a few girls, and when she went home from the elementary level of school she was often covered in scrapes. Karr worried a little bit but knew that his daughter was strong and Inas didn't mind it, she said children would be children, as long as she kept up with her school work, and Zahra did. Zahra admired her mom because she was able to tell her about so many things and she heard so many different stories. But it was noticeable to both parents that she cared more about roughhousing and even protecting people from anything. One day her Karr came to pick her up from school for the evening and saw her with a stick pointing in one direction. A few children stood behind her. "BACK BEAST! DON'T WORRY I WILL PROTECT YOU!" Zahra started to imitate the monster attacks, ones that she had heard about from the knights and what Old Man John did.

[ P e r s o n a l i t y ]
Blunt - If you ask her a question, she will give you her honest opinion. Sometimes it isn't the nicest thing to say.
Protective - It is not common for Zahra to attach herself to people really quick, but to those she is close with she cares immensely for them. She will not allow any harm to come to them, even if that means she will be hurt in the process.
Dependable - If Zahra has made a promise to you, she will keep that promise at all costs. Also, if you need something to be done and are unable to do it, if you ask her for help she will do what she can.
Hard Worker - Zahra is dedicated to be a knight. When she is on the job she doesn't dilly-dally. When she is at work, she is there for the job and nothing else.

[ P o w e r s ]
Martial Arts Training (Kelikore) - In her ancestral clan, the Djinn have a hidden form of martial arts that they teach the children of the clan. It is a very difficult art form and it takes a while to master it. Though Zahra has done really well in learning the martial arts, she has come nowhere close to mastering it.
Earth Magic - Again, like the rest of Djinn tribe she has acquired Earth magic. Her mother, Inas, was a priestess of the clan and taught her what she knows. Zahra doesn't care too much for using magic, she would rather use force, but she will if the situation arises.

[ L i k e s ]
Swords
Fighting
Tests of Strength
Gems
Baked Potatoes
Milk
Loyalty
Smithing
Exercising
Earth [ Element ]
Glass Items
Mysteries

[ D i s l i k e s ]
Bows
Signs of Weakness
Bullying
People's Whose Feelings Get Hurt When They Have Asked Her, Her Opinion
Sweets
Creatures That Try to Attack Aelcastle
Unnecessary Killing
No Purposes
Babying Someone
Dresses and Skirts

[ S e c r e t ]
She has seen a ghost of some sort many of times in the swamp.

[ F e a r s ]
Something Happening to Her Family
Getting Lost Forever

[ O t h e r s ]
The Martial Arts Training is Based off Kalaripayattu.

- This is a WIP -
I read that bit about her imitating monster attacks, and thought of Reinhardt
I then thought "What if everyone really just overexaggerates his actions that day, and the only really impressive thing he did was 1v1 the monster, because he happened to be there?"

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to push back putting up my CS. I've been a bit busy today, and for some reason I am having a difficult time picking important details for my characters (so many pictures and names...) I will be able to have it up by Wednesday, thought the details may be switched around a bit.

@DeadAxl
I may be a total loser that lives below a rock, but who is Reinhardt? XD
Also, that doesn't matter, all that matters is the stories and that he helped in some way, right?

@Karo
That is perfectly fine, as long as there is a WIP by Wednesday it's fine.

[bg=#666362]
SUPER ULTRA MAJOR WIP

[ N a m e ]
Cordelia duBois

[ N i c k n a m e ]
Delia

[ G e n d e r ]
Female

[ A c t u a l - A g e ]

[ R a c e ]
Human

Heterosexual

[ F a m i l y ]
- Insert; Please Work with Others to Create This -

[ R o l e ]
Baker

[ B i o g r a p h y ]
An orphan, Cordelia was abandoned and left alone in an alley when she was an infant. She was found and adopted by a childless baker named Ben, who was on his way to deliver bread around town. Ben took the baby in and named her Cordelia; adopting her and treating her like his own daughter. Cordelia had a happy childhood helping and learning around the bakery. Her adoptive father s told her that she was gifted when it comes to baking, and that he's willing to pass down the bakery to Cordelia once she was in the appropriate age.

Cordelia was soon sent to a pastry school in a far away land by her father for her to broaden her knowledge and be the greatest patissier ever dream of her father for her), not knowing that her father was sick and dying. Her father soon retired and died while she was in school, leaving her alone in this world. Clover automatically inherited the bakery and began managing it on her own. It was hard at first but soon, she got the hang of it and slowly became a great baker/patissier. Her breads and pastries was so sought after that even those outside the village came to her bakery.

That's how she met Howard, a simple yet ambitious guy who easily captured her heart. Cordelia easily fell in love with him and as time goes by, they moved in together with Howard living with her. They were together for a few months until Cordelia got pregnant. As soon as Howard discovered that Cordelia was pregnant, he just vanished out of thin air and never returned again.

Cordelia was so heartbroken and hurt that she didn't know what to do. She had thought of killing the baby but never really got the guts to do it. As much as she hate what Howard did to her, she just can't hate the baby inside her. Thus, she decided to be a single mother and just hide the truth. Cordelia lied to the villaga about how she got pregnant. She told the village that Howard and her was married and that Howard died in an accident. The truth is they were never married, and that Howard ran away from her.

Hardworking
When it comes to work, Cordelia doesn't shy away from it. In fact, she believes that work gives her purpose. It also distracts herself from thinking and worrying too much. She works hard and works even harder just so she can give everything that her son wants. She resents lazy and privileged people or generally anyone who ever had things come easy to them.

Caring and Affectionate
When it comes to her son and to those she really cared of, Cordelia will not hesitate to show how much she love and care for them. She would hug them every now and then, kiss their cheek and even put their needs first beside hers. She wanted those who are important to her to feel what she really feels about them.

[ P o w e r s ]
- Insert; At Max Four -

[ E l e m e n t ]
Water

[ L i k e s ]
Pastries | Tea | Children | Books | Cats | Rain

[ D i s l i k e s ]
Liars | Rude People | Laziness | Dirt | Molds

[ S e c r e t ]
- Insert; Your Character Knows One Secret About Aelcastle, What is it -

[ F e a r s ]
Her son dying
Being alone in life
the town or her son knowing about her secret

[ O t h e r s ]
Has a pet cat named Cream puff

[/bg]​

Last edited:
@DeadAxl
I may be a total loser that lives below a rock, but who is Reinhardt? XD
Also, that doesn't matter, all that matters is the stories and that he helped in some way, right?

@Karo
That is perfectly fine, as long as there is a WIP by Wednesday it's fine.
Character in Overwatch

School Teacher
[fieldbox="Nahima Alexandraeh, purple, solid"]
cfc614db8ec90fe6caa304bd2a2c7266.jpg

[ N a m e ]
- Nahima Alexandraeh-

[ N i c k n a m e ]
- Alexan, Nahim, Aae-

[ G e n d e r ]
- Female -

- 27 -

[ A c t u a l - A g e ]
- 27 -

[ R a c e ]
- Human/Apkallu -

- Bisexual -

[ F a m i l y ]

[ R o l e ]
- School Teacher -

[ B i o g r a p h y ]
- Nahim is the product of an apkallu and a human. TBC -

- Nahim is extremely hard-working, taking her role as the village's school teacher very seriously. She believes the majority of the village's problems come from a lack of knowledge and enlightened understanding, and tries to solve this problem through the education of the children and village people. With her students she is strict, but reasonable, and very caring. She is quite fond of both quiet and argumentative children, finding them to be all too similar to herself as a child. She struggles with her patience, often losing her temper at those she finds ignorant or unreasonable. Her hot-headedness and passion gets her into many arguments with those in the village, and has made her many enemies. -
TBC

[ P o w e r s ]
- Linguistics: Nahim is skilled in spoken and written languages, able to learn and replicate any language she encounters in a matter of minutes (including dead languages).

Reading People: Observing body language, tone of voice and facial expressions, Nahim can read most non-verbal cues, a skill that comes in handy in many of her arguments. She is best at noticing when someone is lying, though she is also fairly adept at guessing the emotions and thoughts of those around her.

Memory: Nahim has an almost perfect memory, recalling even the smallest and most insignificant details. While most memories influence her subconsciously, some have to be actively recalled. When she actively recalls a memory, she can enter a total fugue state, where she can reimagine everything she saw, heard, etc, and do everything short of interact with the objects in this memory. She can remember otherwise impossible things, such as the darkness of the womb, or the taste of her mother's milk. However, some of the memories from her childhood seem blurry or inaccurate, and she can never quite summon them. -

[ E l e m e n t ]
- Water -

[ L i k e s ]
- Reading, children, poetry, ancient cultures, languages, swimming in the sea, saltwater, -
TBC

[ D i s l i k e s ]
- Ignorance, decisions reached by vote, grudges, eating fish, -
TBC

[ S e c r e t ]
- Nahim has knowledge of corruption going on within the village. -

[ F e a r s ]
- Loss of control
Never having children -

[ O t h e r s ]
- Insert -[/fieldbox]
Farmer's Daughter
[fieldbox="Elyla, lightyellow, solid"]
1zdss9g.jpg

[ N a m e ]
- Elyla d'Avre -
TBC

[ N i c k n a m e ]
- Lyla, Lyle, Eila -

[ G e n d e r ]
- Female -

- 17 -

[ A c t u a l - A g e ]
- 17 -

[ R a c e ]
- Human/Fairy/Vila (?) -
TBC

- Bisexual -

[ F a m i l y ]

[ R o l e ]
- Farmer's Daughter -

[ B i o g r a p h y ]
- Insert; At Minimum One Paragraph; Please Work with Others to Create This -

- For the most part, ____ is a bubbly and care-free girl, who often acts on a whimsy. Valuing emotion over logic, she is prone to many reactionary and irrational decisions, often landing her in trouble.

Bubbly, free-spirited, cares strongly about her family and friends, hates letting someone else have the last word, hates when people get away with things, cares more about emotion that rationality, high-energy, can't stand to sit still, -
TBC

[ P o w e r s ]
- Wind Control: ____ can manipulate the wind to an extent, though her power can be quite exhausting when used on a large scale. Small changes in the wind, such as creating small dust devils on the doorstep or rustling the leaves around her are easy to do, and take little thought or foresight. However, large changes, such as switching the direction, speed or force of the wind can leave her weak for a matter of days to weeks, depending on the action. She does not yet have the power to create windstorms.

Temperature Control: With a little effort, _____ can lower or raise the temperature of the area immediately around her; the change only affects a three-foot radius around her given spot. In order to change the temperature of a large area, she must combine wind and temperature control together. The process is complex and can take anywhere from days to weeks to complete, depending on the size of the area. She can directly feel the effects of a large temperature shift, as she often has to tap into her own body temperature to really achieve her goal.

Air Control: This is the least developed of her abilities. ___ can change many factors in the air around her, such as its density, pressure and oxygen concentration, but it takes an extreme amount of concentration to do correctly. If she is not fully focused on her task, she can easily slip up, producing the exact opposite of what she was aiming for. Currently, the most impressive thing she can do with her ability is make increase the density of the air beneath her feet enough to allow her to hover an inch above the ground, for a collective two minutes. Everything else is accidental, and virtually inconsequential.
TBC

[ E l e m e n t ]
- Air -

[ L i k e s ]
- Potato and leek soup, baking, breezes, fairy tales-
TBC

[ D i s l i k e s ]
- Cloudless days, still weather, brussel sprouts, -
TBC

[ S e c r e t ]

[ F e a r s ]
- Her family dying
-
TBC

[ O t h e r s ]
- Insert -
[/fieldbox]
My very WIP WIP. Watch me WIP...

Last edited:
Just gonna go ahead and put up my WIP character so that it's there for Tarot to look while I finish this Character up later.

[WIP]

086e36c8fd4db4dc8060d60b2e16173b.jpg

[ N a m e ]
Annabelle Flair

[ N i c k n a m e ]
Anna, Bella

[ G e n d e r ]
Female

[ A c t u a l - A g e ]

[ R a c e ]
Human

Bisexual

[ F a m i l y ]
- Unnamed Father
- Deanna Flair (Mother)

[ R o l e ]
Carpenter

[ B i o g r a p h y ]
(Biography in progress)
(Loading...30% Done)

Soft-Hearted
Innocent
Scared
Cautious
Overprotective

(Will be changed/expanded overtime)

[ P o w e r s ]
Future Sight
Earth Manipulation

(Will be expanded upon)

[ E l e m e n t ]
Earth

[ L i k e s ]
-Changing a bad future into something good and feeling proud of the results
-Sleeping
-Reading
-Oranges
(More TBA)

[ D i s l i k e s ]
-Being Used
-Arguments between two people
-Unnecessary Violence
-Failing to prevent a bad future from happening
(More TBA)

[ S e c r e t ]
During one of her emotional breakdowns, she saw the future of the destruction of Aelcaste. She doesn't know when it will happen, but she is looking for a way to prevent it.

[ F e a r s ]
-Losing someone very important to her through future sight and not changing it (Has happened once, could happen again)
-Being used by someone she trust

[ O t h e r s ]
(Will be added if I find something to add here)​

[ N a m e ]
Genji

[ N i c k n a m e ]
Gen

[ G e n d e r ]
Male

[ A c t u a l - A g e ]

[ R a c e ]
Greater Demon

Heterosexual

[ F a m i l y ]

[ B i o g r a p h y ]

Precise -
Punctual -
Respectful -
Wise -

[ P o w e r s ]
- Insert; At Max Four -

[ L i k e s ]
Order
Compliments
Clean Things
Pomegranate
Red Wine

[ D i s l i k e s ]
Chaos
People Who Talk Back
Dirty Things
Liquor
Beer

[ S e c r e t ]

[ F e a r s ]
Not Fulfilling His Duties
---

[ O t h e r s ]
- Insert -

WIP​

Last edited by a moderator:
Yurrick ____ - WIP

efd120a0d6cdb32329796ad273c4af37.jpg

[ N i c k n a m e ]
- Insert -

[ G e n d e r ]
Male

- Insert -

[ A c t u a l - A g e ]
- Insert -

[ R a c e ]
WIP

Heterosexual

[ F a m i l y ]

[ R o l e ]
Waiter

[ B i o g r a p h y ]

- Insert; At Minimum of Three Traits -
a4827114072ac3eabd517da957813429.jpg

[ P o w e r s ]
- Insert; At Max Four -

[ E l e m e n t ]
- Insert; There Is Only One Innate Element That Your Character Aligns With-

[ L i k e s ]
- Hearts
- Coffee with Loads of Sugar
- Books
- Fireworks

[ D i s l i k e s ]
- Insert; At Minimum of Five -

[ S e c r e t ]

[ F e a r s ]
- Insert; At Least Two -

[ O t h e r s ]
- Insert -

Last edited:
Sorry that both of my characters are WIP.

I'll try to notify when they're done.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I'm really sorry, but I think I'll have to drop out of this roleplay. I'm a lot busier than I thought I would be and I just don't think I'll have enough time to participate in this.

Sorry again, and good luck!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
When will we have an IC thread? Soon after all the characters are finished or...?

Work In Progress -#- WIP
image.jpeg

[ N a m e ]

Bill duBois

[ N i c k n a m e ]

"I only allow nicknames for my mother, and several close friends. If you aren't my close friend, or, at a low chance, my mother - don't use them"
"Billy", "Cupcake" (With additional "Adorable" or "Angry"), "Arms-From-Butt!", etc

[ G e n d e r ]

"It would be extremely hard to be baker's child, being a woman"
Male

14-15

[ A c t u a l - A g e ]
"I look older, do i?"

[ R a c e ]

Human-Warlock
(Half-breed)

"Sometimes... I can love someone else than women..."
Pansexual

[ F a m i l y ]

Cordelia duBois ~ Mother
Howard ??? ~ Non-married Father

[ B i o g r a p h y ]
Growing in bakery was everyday challenge for him at first: take the eggs, take the flour, mix it up, put it in the furnace. He never understood the logic of baking at that age. But as time gone, he started to notice consistent pattern in baking. It became... Well... Kind of his hobby.
Nearly at age when "DafuqIsBakery" ended, he noticed to have several strange abilities. When he understood what it was, he was shocked...
Word "Magic" came in his life like a badass Viking: crushed everything that was in his head before; broke morale and other rules; brought destruction on his personal life. But, when he understood how to close magic channels, the chaos when objects were randomly moving from table to table ended. Although, it would be great to tell his mother that he possesses ability to destroy objects around him, he didn't. Last 3 years were years of fear, and nightmares. He saw limitless in imagination nightmares, each showing possible outcome of every situation he imagined. He often walked around bakery, emotionless. Usually, he just sat by his mom, and cried on her back, unable to control his emotions.
But now, Bill is somehow calmed down, and is back to his optimistic-pessimistic state.

Extrovert with Introvert alter-ego
Bill is quite of extrovert. He loves to talk, discuss various problems, but only with friends. He may be "explosive" sometimes, and he can burn you with his stare, trust me, he can. But, when friends go away, he feels that he is alone. When mother is around, it isn't so bad, so he can still keep up an Extrovert mask. But when mother leaves, he locks inside, and forgets about anyone or anything.
Idealistic
Once, when Bill was young, his mother taught him: if you can't do something, do it again; still can't do it? Do it again and again! Bill took that ideology in his heart, and started to work until his legs can't hold him. If he wants something, he will achieve it, no matter what he will need to do for it.
Psychopathic
Even though Bill lived in peace and love atmosphere, he can be inaccurate in his feelings, and unable to control his emotions. If he sees you lurking in his house - Bill can take any choice: stab you with slicing knife; pour hot oil on you; knock you out and then burn you in furnace; etc. He actually doesn't control himself in situations of stress and fear. So please
Never
Break
In
His
House.

[ P o w e r s ]

"Studying - level" - Semi-hard spell/ward/charm casting
"Newcomer - level" - Channeling magical energy via non-elemental techniques (Telekinesis, Levitation, etc)
"Trying - level" - Elemental magic

[ L i k e s ]
"Well... I am more of calm person...
Okay that was a lie"
Loud music // Loud speech // Sometimes, Slow Dances // Books // Magic

[ D i s l i k e s ]
"Well... There's no need to lie about this..."
Homosexuality (No, Pansexuality is different) // Pathetic words // Work

[ E l e m e n t ]
Earth (Via metal only right now)

[ S e c r e t ]