Village by the Sea [18/ 28 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Nano
So, I was working on my character's profile and I had an idea. I need an event that would spark her training in combat, and Estelle and Ellie are close to her age. Maybe they had decided to run off to the forest or plain and have some fun. Well the fun quickly turned into trouble, and because the two were really close friends of Zahra, she was determined to protect them. One of the sisters could have run back to Aelcastle for help while Zahra was trying to get to the other one. The thing is that I want only minor injuries, if any, to occur. Would you be up for planning something like this?
Oh yes yes! Elodie would most likely be the one to run back, knowing that her abilities are far from capable when it comes to combat (Even though she could try projecting magic from faith, she doesn't know how to do that yet). Estelle would be the one staying back and defending as well, seeing that I'm giving Estelle the ability to induce minor hallucinations (minor being a small period of time) along with limited deception. The most that she could do is conceal Elodie while she flees until she gets out of range, then she can try to assist Zahra in a way that she can reassure that any sort of beast doesn't cause many injuries, if at all. How does that sound >w>?

@Tarot
Sorry, but I won't be able to take on Mayor. I don't think I'd be able to handle three characters. But that also opens up that space.

@Nano
I'll have my characters made today sometime after I go climbing, which should be soon. Thanks for being patient Q~Q Youz so understanding

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
@Nano
Oh! I forgot to specify that this was during their childhood (because her mother is apart of a Nomadic Tribe).

@Dubs of Stigma
That is fine, freeing it now~

@Tarot
I'm just about done my character sheet - it took a lot longer than expected, so I'm sorry for that!

I'd like to take the spot of Mayor, if that's okay?

Ok, Blacksmith's CS has been updated and finished with better history that has been passed down the Armstrong line for generations!

Since everyone will know everyone, small village, if anyone is interested in friendship with Karr, let me know.

Ok, Blacksmith's CS has been updated and finished with better history that has been passed down the Armstrong line for generations!

Since everyone will know everyone, small village, if anyone is interested in friendship with Karr, let me know.
John and Karr would probably be well-acquainted, perhaps even drinking buddies.

@Circe
I will add you for Mayor. Also, don't worry, I don't think this is going to get up right away because a lot of people are busy and there is a lot of plotting involved in this role-play.

@Liky
@DeadAxl
So Zahra is going to know Old Man John for a long time, because she just hangs around her father often. And if they are drinking buddies, then they are most likely friends as well so your character (Dead) will probably have met Zahra before as well.

• Thank You
Reactions: xLarius
539x1000_10830_Clio_Water_Elemental_Changeling_2d_fantasy_mermaid_elemental_picture_image_digital_art.jpg
[ Ilyana Asherah]

[ Water Maiden]

[ Female]

[ 32 ]
Looks like she's 20. Nereid age slower compared to most races.

[ Nereid ]
Nereid are a race of water nymphs that typically live in the ocean, are all female, and build civilization in the depths. There are tales of them swimming inland and walking continents as myths or legends, but they are commonly encountered by sailors and pirates. Nereid are typically identified by their blue skin, and can breath underwater and above land without any assistance, but Nereid on land periodically need to soak in a body of water or else they will die. They are of course excellent swimmers and they are all naturally inclined to the elemental nature of water with few exceptions. Nereid are reclusive but are always extremely helpful, and have been known to guide lost ships and help stranded sailors. It is this helpful nature which has earned them a good reputation among land nations.

[ Bisexual ]

[Asherah Clan]

[ Doctor ]

[ "You couldn't truly fathom my history unless I drag you to the depths." ]
Ilyana is a Nereid born in the Kingdom of Mutiny, located underwater many miles from the coast of Aelcastle. Nereid are by virtue of species and dwelling, isolated from the world above. This Kingdom is operated by a Queen, a Queen which belongs to a particular clan, and that clan acts as ruling council over the rest of Mutiny. Ilyana's clan, Asherah, have been in power for the last few decades, and the internal state of Mutiny has become dismal. No one is quite sure how it happened, but their current Queen, Ilyana's cousin Norico, seemed to be plighted with madness, and the Asherah clan have allowed her temperament to reign, despite the growing unrest. Nereid kind are not used to this kind of deterioration within their Kingdoms, specifically the way that Norico began to use punishment and force to enact her will.
To not spoil too much, Ilyana was persecuted because of her elemental affinity for fire instead of water, something that previous to this state of decay wasn't viewed with any stigmata. So she fled, swimming to land and finding her way to the small village of Aelcastle in which she has lived for the past couple years, acting as a doctor because of her peculiar ability derived from her uncanny elemental affinity for fire.
[Will fill in more later after I've discussed it with Nano]

[ P e r s o n a l i t y ]
Ilyana can appear cold and distant for most people. She still has trouble dealing with humans even after living among them for so long, so she tends to avoid her neighbors in the village. Power is her dominate aspect, and anyone who works with her will understand this. She's hands on and can be short and succinct with her choice of words, seeming rude to those unfamiliar with how she works. But she's not controlling, and will certainly listen to a good idea, and let someone argue for their position, but she's incredibly capable and self sufficient, and this comes across in her demeanor and work ethic.
Underneath this powerful exterior is someone who truly wants to be held, taken care of, and made to laugh. She has a cute and bubbly side that craves fun banter and play.

[Ember of the Water Maiden]
This ability allows Ilyana to channel elemental fire through her water-bound physiology, which can revitalize cells and repair injury. She has fine tuned her technique over time, but it still remains a lengthy process which takes time and patience in order to heal wounds depending on their severity, but so far there is not an illness or disease or injury she has not been able to deal with yet.

[ Fire ]

[ L i k e s ]
Fish
Sweets
Playfulness
Competency
Music
Swimming
Thoughtful Gifts

[ D i s l i k e s ]
Arrogance
Mammal Meat
Birds
Heights
Crowded Places

[ S e c r e t ]
"It wouldn't be a secret if everyone knew what it was."

[ F e a r s ]
Birds
Being found by her clan after she fled

[ O t h e r s ]
She wishes to return to the ocean eventually, but for now she's enjoying her unique experience on land.

THIS IS A WORK IN PROCESS​

Last edited:
@Tarot
I will finish both my CS tonight, I just need to make food Q~Q i pwomise. Let me know if everything is okay.

@Nano
Now that my doctor CS is up (WIP, but still up) we can toss around more ideas.

I guess I should ask you this @Tarot before I continue writing my character. Would it be alright if I gave my character the power of future sight? It wouldn't be a strong one, just something she gets from time to time and it would show something that would happen from a few hours to a few days when it activates. Like the Monado from Xenoblade Chronicles that gives the bearer the ability to see into the future and avoid something bad from happening. I also did planned on her sometimes seeing far into the future during some very emotional and stressful times. And it always ends with her seeing something catastrophic, a death or something worse rather. Oh and she can see other's misfortunes through the future sight too. Could lead to some interesting situations (Of course, I can discuss with them about it to see if they are okay with it).

If not, I can figure something else for her.

@Circe
I will add you for Mayor. Also, don't worry, I don't think this is going to get up right away because a lot of people are busy and there is a lot of plotting involved in this role-play.

@Liky
@DeadAxl
So Zahra is going to know Old Man John for a long time, because she just hangs around her father often. And if they are drinking buddies, then they are most likely friends as well so your character (Dead) will probably have met Zahra before as well.
Sounds good, I guess.

Pretty sure most people would know Old Man John, due to the DARING DEFENSE he did years ago that got him into this little town.

@Dubs of Stigma
That is fine, only a handful of us have been talking so we need to get everyone to talk lest I make them NPCs.

@EternalInfinity
I don't mind the future sight but I would like it if your character could see good times as well and what the cost of the good times are. I don't mind if you don't want to do that, I will look at your profile and see if it works, so do what you feel works.

@DeadAxl
Very true, maybe your character is one of the reasons why she wanted to become a knight?

@Dubs of Stigma
That is fine, only a handful of us have been talking so we need to get everyone to talk lest I make them NPCs.
Thank you for understanding :D I should have my merchant done tonight or tomorrow. I only work 3 days this week, so I should get plenty of time to put him up.

@Dubs of Stigma

@EternalInfinity
I don't mind the future sight but I would like it if your character could see good times as well and what the cost of the good times are. I don't mind if you don't want to do that, I will look at your profile and see if it works, so do what you feel works.

@DeadAxl
Very true, maybe your character is one of the reasons why she wanted to become a knight?
Maybe. And perhaps he acts as a somewhat strict, though still caring, mentor to her.

@EternalInfinity

I was thinking about that idea, but wasn't sure if it would be beneficial. But if you want it, i'll gladly incorporate it in. Would you be alright if she could see far in the future when she is extremely happy are full of joy then? The future sight does sorta tie in her family and backstory so it should work fine unless you want to change something. I was thinking of having both bad and good ones show up randomly in her life and she can either botch it or leave it be depending on the circumstances. If you want something different in terms of the cost, let me know and we'll figure something out.

@DeadAxl
Because of the type of worker she is, she would follow the strict protocols; it wouldn't bother her one bit.

@EternalInfinity
I think you can totally work that out in your character's story. And a reason why it could be beneficial to have happy things appear in visions, is it can be happy for someone else, but maybe not your character or someone your character is close to, thus she faces a dilemma.

[ N a m e ]
Zahra Karim Armstrong

[ N i c k n a m e ]
Zahi (Father Only)
Ze
Hari

[ G e n d e r ]
Female

[ A p p e a r e d - A g e ]

[ A c t u a l - A g e ]

[ R a c e ]
Half Human, Half Djinn

[ S e x u a l - O r i e n t a t i o n ]
Demisexual

[ F a m i l y ]
KarrnArmstrong [ The Blacksmith ] - Father
Inas Karim [ NPC - Nomadic Priestess ] - Mother

[ R o l e ]
Knight

[ B i o g r a p h y ]
Twenty years ago Zahra was born to the blacksmith [Karr Armstrong] and a nomadic priestess [ Inas Karim ]. The couple was overjoyed with the introduction of her in their life. Her father was over protective of her and her mother was the laid back one. As a toddler she always went to her father, she was always, and would always be a daddy's girl. The child watched her parents closely. Her father was frequently in the forge and her mother would either praying, looking at books, or off in the forest somewhere. First she started to pick up her father's trade. Karr would constantly give Zahra things to do while he was in the forge but she always sneaked in while he was entranced with his work and he could not hear over the sound of metal. At first the noise was hard to listen to, it was so loud, but then it soon became like white noise to her, it soothed her.

One day when he father wasn't paying attention to her she walked over to one of his hammers and tried to move it - they were very heavy. She tried pushing, pulling, and turning, but none of it worked. No matter what she still tried and she was so focused she didn't hear the clanking stop. "Let's go play outside." Karr said to her and she pursed her lips and shook her head so violently that it shook some of her body. "I wanna be here!" Zahra told him in a pouty voice. He managed to get her out but she still kept coming back, so to entertain her he let her try to move his smallest hammer.

Because she had been messing with the smithy items for so long it was noticeable that Zahra was a lot stronger than the other children and she bragged about it. She showed them feats of strength and just like her father, challenged them to arm wrestling. Zahra was not one to pick a fight but she didn't stand to let anyone walk over her and her friends. It didn't take long for Zahra to get the reputation of one of the village's strongest kids. Zahra primarily hung out with the boys her age, save for a few girls, and when she went home from the elementary level of school she was often covered in scrapes. Karr worried a little bit but knew that his daughter was strong and Inas didn't mind it, she said children would be children, as long as she kept up with her school work, and Zahra did. Zahra admired her mom because she was able to tell her about so many things and she heard so many different stories. But it was noticeable to both parents that she cared more about roughhousing and even protecting people from anything. One day her Karr came to pick her up from school for the evening and saw her with a stick pointing in one direction. A few children stood behind her. "BACK BEAST! DON'T WORRY I WILL PROTECT YOU!" Zahra started to imitate the monster attacks, ones that she had heard about from the knights and what Old Man John did.

[ P e r s o n a l i t y ]
Blunt - If you ask her a question, she will give you her honest opinion. Sometimes it isn't the nicest thing to say.
Protective - It is not common for Zahra to attach herself to people really quick, but to those she is close with she cares immensely for them. She will not allow any harm to come to them, even if that means she will be hurt in the process.
Dependable - If Zahra has made a promise to you, she will keep that promise at all costs. Also, if you need something to be done and are unable to do it, if you ask her for help she will do what she can.
Hard Worker - Zahra is dedicated to be a knight. When she is on the job she doesn't dilly-dally. When she is at work, she is there for the job and nothing else.

[ P o w e r s ]
Martial Arts Training (Kelikore) - In her ancestral clan, the Djinn have a hidden form of martial arts that they teach the children of the clan. It is a very difficult art form and it takes a while to master it. Though Zahra has done really well in learning the martial arts, she has come nowhere close to mastering it.
Earth Magic - Again, like the rest of Djinn tribe she has acquired Earth magic. Her mother, Inas, was a priestess of the clan and taught her what she knows. Zahra doesn't care too much for using magic, she would rather use force, but she will if the situation arises.

[ E l e m e n t ]
Earth

[ L i k e s ]
Swords
Fighting
Tests of Strength
Gems
Baked Potatoes
Milk
Loyalty
Smithing
Exercising
Earth [ Element ]
Glass Items
Mysteries

[ D i s l i k e s ]
Bows
Signs of Weakness
Bullying
People's Whose Feelings Get Hurt When They Have Asked Her, Her Opinion
Sweets
Creatures That Try to Attack Aelcastle
Unnecessary Killing
No Purposes
Babying Someone
Dresses and Skirts

[ S e c r e t ]
She has seen a ghost of some sort many of times in the swamp.

[ F e a r s ]
Something Happening to Her Family
Getting Lost Forever

[ O t h e r s ]
The Martial Arts Training is Based off Kalaripayattu.

- This is a WIP -

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.