Vikings! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Temptress_Akumu

Original poster
I have been watching a lot of History channel and have been watching this show called Vikings and well have fallen madly in love with it and have came up with an idea of sorts kind of based on it...

Name: Runa
History: Runa was born in Ireland in a time where warfare was rife and the country was unstable, for vikings raid towns and villages all the time. Runa's father was a great worrier and taught his child how to hold a sword and to fight. Her mother taught her the healing skills. Her father had died in a battle two years ago and Runa helps her mother take care of the farm and helps with her younger brother and sister.

Plot: For a time raids have stopped and people have become less fearful and a little more at ease. However one day they return and attack Runa's town and attack their small farm. Runa of course doesn't just lay down she fights back and this is surprising for she is a women and the worriers are not used to seeing a women hold her own. One man, the leader of the worriers, is surprised and finds her fascinating and decides he will not kill her but take her back to his land. At first he keeps her as a slave but he finds him self falling for her and wants her for his wife and fighting partner.

Now we can discuss this further work out any bugs. I am thinking that there is a women he goes to that tells his fortune and tells him he is going to be become a great man, like a king, and Runa is a big part in that and that just reinforces his want and need for her.And yes I need someone willing to be forceful and who is a hard and tough viking

And if you do not mind I have a picture of the man I would like you to place >.>

So just message me here or PM me!

I could get down with this, I love Viking lore. Though I'm a little confused. When you say "Worriers" are you meaning "Warriors"?

Ops yes! Sorry my computer tends to do its own spell check! XD do you have any questions?

Not so many, I assume the time frame is that of ancient Vikings, 1000AD or further back in time? Also, I'm assuming its simlilar to the world we live in, so no magic, dragons, etc...? Only other thing, you say you need the male to be "forceful" I'm kind of new to RP forums, so if you could outline what you mean by forceful I'd appreciate it :) I can write fairly lengthy post though

Yes that is correct and no dragons or magic to speak of though you know they believed in that sort of thing and that is where the old medicine women comes in. I was thinking that the Male Viking you will be playing believes deeply in the fates and in the medicine women’s words.

When I say forceful I was thinking that he might rape Runa (Only if you are ok with that) and that there would be some violence towards Runa, only at first when he is trying to tame her wild spirit but things shift as he finds himself falling for her spirit and her sound knowledge.

Great! I can to, though there are times when it’s a little harder for me because of things going on around me and I just get brain dead so my post can get a little short but not to short!

Awesome, I'm not a big fan of rape though that is something that Vikings did, A LOT lol. So I'm not against it happeneing for the purpose of the story. I can definitely be forceful in other ways as well.

Ok sweet! Um are you ok with the guys picture or would you like to use something else?

And just to clarify, I'll be playing a highly decorated warrior within an invading Viking group? And does he come into contact with the mystics before or after he meets Runa?

Yes, I was thinking he is the one that leads the raid and it is his idea to come to the country. I think it would be best if he did go to the mystics to see if the raid will go good and they tell him about a mysterious figure that he will find that well help him in his travels. Though they don’t tell him it’s a women.

Alright, cool, cool. So do you wanna do this thread style or PM? I'm good with either.

I like thread style! And would you like to start it?

thread is good. I can start it but im not very good at it, could you?

Im still unsure of my ability to start a thread.

Give it a try! It can't hurt to try and I am kind of tired of starting things! XD I bet it will be great!

hah, ok. ill give it a shot as soon as im done eating lunch.

Its great! Lol its great when one gets carried away and sorry if it take a while for me to get back...but I am starting to write right now! XD

All gravy, I'm glad you like it, confidence booster :P

Status
Not open for further replies.