Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha, I'd love to see our characters interact lmfao

Lmfao that's a whole foot of height difference. If it's going to be a fighting scenario then I'd probably laugh while reading/writing.

||NPC Character Sheet||

46c6c8598cc6d1e8c4f6d62cd1eb85c1.jpg

Holmstein Rotinn

||Rank (Profession//Title)||
Helper - Farmer

||Other||
Rotinn has been said to have development disabilities

• Love
Reactions: Justin
||NPC Character Sheet||

46c6c8598cc6d1e8c4f6d62cd1eb85c1.jpg

Holmstein Rotinn

||Rank (Profession//Title)||
Helper - Farmer

||Other||
Rotinn has been said to have development disabilities
My younger Sibling would probably be someone that would want to help Holmstein out a lot with his disabilities and everything. I need to get both of them up by tonight, which I will since I only have a few rps I need to work on, damn me and being such a forgetful person/procrastinator.

Reactions: -QT-
@-QT- Just wanted to let you know that its not Gustaff. It's Gustaaf.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: B l u E s
Hmm, seems that the new update doesn't take kindly to the fact I use my mobile since it hasn't alerted me to any of these posts. Aha. Either way. After Llama posts I'll throw up mine next.
Nice to see some more interest gather in the thread though. :)

Reactions: Wolverbells
Hmm, seems that the new update doesn't take kindly to the fact I use my mobile since it hasn't alerted me to any of these posts. Aha. Either way. After Llama posts I'll throw up mine next.
Nice to see some more interest gather in the thread though. :)
I should be able to post something once the trio aiding to Rotinn get to Melkorka's house :)

Hello! I have a couple questions. Will the GMs be able to have our consent when killing off characters? I may have misunderstood the rule, but it sounded like we don't have a choice on whether or not our characters get killed off. Also, I may have missed this, but I don't remember seeing it. How often are we expected to post?

• Useful
Hello! I have a couple questions. Will the GMs be able to have our consent when killing off characters? I may have misunderstood the rule, but it sounded like we don't have a choice on whether or not our characters get killed off. Also, I may have missed this, but I don't remember seeing it. How often are we expected to post?
Character deaths will occur. This includes both NPCs and Original Characters (PCs). For storyline purposes and progression of the RP, you as a role-player are giving your GMs consent to kill of your character if necessary. Of course, we are not hungry blood savages that desire to kill you off and will most likely not happen until you are ready for it to happen, but be aware that it is possible.

By accepting the rules, we give our consent to the GMs to kill our character if necessary. This means they can decide to kill your character if you go MIA (you disappear from the roleplay) if they believe it is unrealistic for your character to survive, and many other reasons.

But they also precise that they will only kill your character when you feel ready to part with it.

It's basically a rule for them to be able to control the progression of the roleplay and keep it realistic. Or at least, this is my understanding and the rule is quite straightforward.

Hope this helped :)

• Useful
Reactions: junebug
@B l u E s It sort of helps, but not exactly what I was asking for. I appreciate the info though! Now, I know another reason why they might be killled off, but I need a more direct answer because little ole me is terrible at reading between the lines.

Character deaths will occur. This includes both NPCs and Original Characters (PCs). For storyline purposes and progression of the RP, you as a role-player are giving your GMs consent to kill of your character if necessary. Of course, we are not hungry blood savages that desire to kill you off and will most likely not happen until you are ready for it to happen, but be aware that it is possible.

By accepting the rules, we give our consent to the GMs to kill our character if necessary. This means they can decide to kill your character if you go MIA (you disappear from the roleplay) if they believe it is unrealistic for your character to survive, and many other reasons.

But they also precise that they will only kill your character when you feel ready to part with it.

It's basically a rule for them to be able to control the progression of the roleplay and keep it realistic. Or at least, this is my understanding and the rule is quite straightforward.

Hope this helped :)
Thank you!! Way better worded than what I usually say lol.
@B l u E s It sort of helps, but not exactly what I was asking for. I appreciate the info though! Now, I know another reason why they might be killled off, but I need a more direct answer because lil ole me is terrible at reading between the lines.
Hey! Yeah pretty much what Blues said applies to killing off a character.

Speaking from my perspective only, since I can't really speak for QT, I would never randomly kill off a character. NPC, yes, if it goes with how the story is progressing. I always ask the writer for their permission in killing off their main character though. As for player killing off player, well that is really up to y'all. I would hope that we can all be adults about the death of our characters and take the initiative of asking another fellow writer if it would be okay in doing so. I hope I'm answering your questions fully, or at least helping out. I just finished taking an exam online for math and my brain has been completely torn to shreds.

As for the posting, honestly I don't think you'll be doing too many posts a day/week. We're all understanding of situations and so far the rp has been going at a good pace. I would say that if your character is not interacting with anyone, then you can post as little or as much as you'd like, as long as it follows our two paragraph rule and has good content in it. When it comes to the character interacting with someone else, probably about a day or so. If you're interacting with more than one other person, there's usually a natural posting order that goes in place and sometimes it may take longer than a day to get a post up.

For example, I haven't posted in like two days (sorry Kross) because in my post there are two others which I am waiting for. SheriffLlama and Proxy will post before I do unless they tell me to go ahead without them.

Am I making sense because I feel like I'm rambling??????

@Wolverbells You're quite alright. I appreciate the help. I just want to know if I'll be asked permission first before my character dies. I don't mind my character dying no, but I would rather be asked "Hey, would it be okay if we killed off so-and-so?" then they insert reasons why, and we come up with a plan on how they die, instead of being like "Hey, we're going to kill your character to help move the story forward" and just killing them without my say. I'm sure it's all fair and square here, but I just need clarification if I'll be asked first and it's consensual since it didn't sound like that's what happens in the rules. Just a simple yes or no would suffice. Thank you!

• Useful
Yes, we will ask for your consent before killing off your character. The rule....

"Character deaths will occur. This includes both NPCs and Original Characters (PCs). For storyline purposes and progression of the RP, you as a role-player are giving your GMs consent to kill of your character if necessary. Of course, we are not hungry blood savages that desire to kill you off and will most likely not happen until you are ready for it to happen, but be aware that it is possible."

.....was simply set up as a fail-safe. This would act against roleplayers that:

- Have gone AWOL for an extended period of time (a month+) without warning or a doctor's note.

- Have lost interest in the roleplay and wish to leave.

- Lack the contribution to the roleplay (hardly ever post).

Though now I need everyone to understand that this rule also includes something a little more complex. This roleplay is very story driven - a story driven forth by our characters and ideas I myself have already developed. By no means does this imply that things are set in stone. Everything I have thought out can and will change because I do not know how all of you will respond to what I have to offer.

BUT! There may come a time where we (the GMs) believe a character(s) must die for the story and roleplay to progress altogether. Character deaths will not be in vain, they will be very thought out and expressed beautifully through writing. Now this gets to what I believe @Isla is more concerned about. When we as GMs believe your character must die for story progression, you will be notified and asked. If you dictate that your character must live on, we will counter your opinion with that of our own. We will express our ideas as you as a roleplayer will express those of your own, and we will come to a conclusion together (to kill your character, or to let them live on). Ultimately, we simply want you guys to be open minded to your character's possible death. Just because you're giving us consent does not insinuate that your character will die so please don't take it that way.

Like stated in the rules, we're not hungry animals looking for blood. Do not sweat the idea because even though character deaths are likely, it is unlikely that we'll force your character to die if you don't want it to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much! literal person right here lol

I'll think about joining then! You guys seem like a great bunch then! (:

@Wolverbells @-QT-
How many characters are left to be filled? I'm considering making a male character but I might wait... Just to see how this goes.

@Wolverbells @-QT-
How many characters are left to be filled? I'm considering making a male character but I might wait... Just to see how this goes.

I don't see anything wrong with you making another character. I think it's safe to say that everyone, for now, can be limited to two main characters (I think that's written somewhere in the original post but I'm too busy/lazy to look). NPC's we can make as many as we need.

I don't see anything wrong with you making another character. I think it's safe to say that everyone, for now, can be limited to two main characters (I think that's written somewhere in the original post but I'm too busy/lazy to look). NPC's we can make as many as we need.
Yeah it's two charries :) but I wasn't sure if you reached your quota of characters for the story atm.

Thanks!!! :)

Reactions: Wolverbells
Well yesterday my dog gave birth to pups in my room (fun seeing that...) xD so was at the vet all day so life distracted me again from getting cses up but tonight I will close myself off from the world to get my cses up I don't want to be further behind then I am right now, and since my sibling vikings are going to be great I really gotta get them up.

Well yesterday my dog gave birth to pups in my room (fun seeing that...) xD so was at the vet all day so life distracted me again from getting cses up but tonight I will close myself off from the world to get my cses up I don't want to be further behind then I am right now, and since my sibling vikings are going to be great I really gotta get them up.

Share the puppy wealth with me

• Love
Reactions: Justin
Status
Not open for further replies.