Vigilance: Rise of the Mavericks [The Epic IC Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Angel..." She repeated, playing around with the name in her mind, observing his outfit. "Somewhat ostentatious, you don't think?" Aava answered, warily eyeing his hand before carefully lifting her own to shake it, hoping he didn't feel too much nausea from touching her carved, Nox-rich skin. That was as far into introductions as she felt comfortable going. She wasn't sure how she felt about this...organization. Her draw to Maki seemed to be the only incentive she held thus far; she had felt disconnected from this city and its people ever since she left just over a decade ago, her last remaining blood-bond passing away in her absence. But there was that light that emanated from these men, the light that she had followed, that Maki had implanted within her...an inspiring gold against the darkness swirling both within and out. She resolved to buckle up. She was strong - stronger than she knew - and with no ties to bind her, she had just one simple choice: herself, or others?

The voice growled inside again. Aava thought of Maki.
She chose others.
Time to dip into that gold.

"My name is..." She stumbled on her words, unable to force them out. Maki knew, through a connection deeper than either understood; but she wasn't ready to just give up that knowledge, that intimacy, despite having no one to protect with her secrecy. Still... "I'm afraid I don't have a cover like you, or your erstwhile friends. Perhaps you'll uncover a suitable one. As far as 'well enough', that's subjective - but I'm capable, if not entirely willing."

Aava paused. She hadn't spoken so much in quite some time. The last few days had rushed by - coming home, encountering Maki, sealing the avatar...and now she was tagging along behind Heroes, self-appointed guardians of a city long past saving.
"And no, I can't fly. But I can leap and glide - stay low and I'll follow you on the rooftops. I can keep up."

She hoped that was acceptable enough for the ethereal man. She imagined a low flight would appeal to his obvious sense of theatre.

Reactions: Blacksam and Stein
The black mass that was Raja seemed to glide up the stairwell of the empty school campus, the length of his burqa trailing up the steps behind him. The ruby on his forehead glimmered in unison with his emerald eyes as he slid through a silvery sliver of moonlight and slipped into the first-floor corridor. His movements were full of purpose as he marched on, each confident footstep echoing slightly and quietly bouncing down the long, empty hallway.

He shot a quick glance into the various classrooms he passed; it perhaps wasn't the most thorough investigation of the campus, but Raja surmised that there would be little point in inspecting each and every room without good reason. He didn't feel like wasting his time rooting through meaningless files and documents in search of some sort of vague lead; Raja considered himself to be many things, but a time waster was not among them. Especially not when someone's life was on the line. That said, he had no idea what he was looking for, either... He didn't have any magical senses that would allow him to pick up some sort of scent; he smirked to himself as he imagined his teammate downstairs, on all fours as he sniffed around the various lockers like a bloodhound. No, Raja's abilities were a far cry from those of Feral. He had no doubt that the latter was a real action hero, bursting to the brim with tricks and tactics applicable to any situation. He quite liked him, actually. But Raja's gifts afforded him no such advantage; the gender-bending Indonesian was perhaps best suited to one area of expertise...

Espionage.

He stopped before a door that was different to the others he'd passed; whilst most of the classrooms had featured glass windows through which their interiors could be viewed, this door was solid wood. He squinted in the darkness and was able to make out the words "STAFF ONLY". It was practically an invitation. He grinned to himself beneath his hijab as his slender fingers gripped the cold metal handle and twisted delicately. Click.

The door whined as it was opened, creaking without any of the subtlety that Raja preferred. He scowled, mentally wishing various pains and cruelties upon whomever had opted against oiling the door that so obviously required it. He hated laziness. Deciding against closing the door behind him, the shadowy figure pressed further into the corridor. There were no windows in these quarters, and it was only in retrospect that Raja appreciated the pale moonlight that swam over the classrooms. He withdrew his iPhone from beneath his garb and flicked on the torch.

As he continued along the hall, the white flashlight hovered over each doorway he passed. It was a largely nondescript assortment of offices and meeting rooms, and when Raja reached the janitor's closet he tutted loudly, deciding that there was little of interest in this area. He turned to leave, before his gaze fell upon one of the remaining doors. Had he not been wearing his burqa, the toothy grin that spread across his face would have outshone even his makeshift torch in the darkness. Printed across the door in imposing sans-serif were the words 'SURVEILLANCE ROOM'.

Bingo, he thought to himself, twisting the door handle. "Oh, you have got to be fucking kidding me," he cursed under his breath. The door was very firmly locked. Raja had little time to complain further, however, as a second and regrettably unfamiliar voice broke the silence he had grown used to.

"Pete?" the man's voice questioned, as Raja saw the beam of a flashlight in the corridor he'd explored earlier. He instantly stashed his phone beneath his garb, extinguishing the light with seconds to spare as a large, shadowy silhouette appeared in the open doorframe. "Pete, is that you?"

Raja remained silent. Impersonation of people he didn't know was unfortunately not a skill he was able to list on his C.V. Instead, he turned and faced away from the man, figuring that his attire would at least aid him in blending into the shadows - and hopefully bide him some time. The man soon grew suspicious. "Who's in there? Show yourself!" he ordered. Still, Raja remained silent. He was holding out for an opportune moment...

"The school is closed!" the man announced, as me made his way into the corridor and began scanning the area with his torch. "Show yourself immediately or I'm calling the police! You're trespassing!" the man wheezed. From the sounds he was making; all heavy footed and breathy, Raja assumed the man was fairly overweight. Probably some sort of security guard working nights to deter thieves, or something along that line. He allowed the man to draw nearer before finally complying to his demands.

"Very well," Raja replied, spinning around and revealing his eyes to the guard, who let out a yelp of shock and recoiled. "Unfortunately, I'm not Pete," Raja mused. "I do apologise if this comes as a disappointment, but I'm sure the two of us can have just as much fun." he purred. He wasn't taunting the guard as much as he was displaying his own confidence; it was an intimidation tactic.

"Y-you can't be here!" the guard stammered with unconvincing force. It seemed that all his training amounted to nothing in the face of an actual intruder; a fact Raja would normally complain about, had it not worked to his advantage.

"Relax," Raja cooed casually. "I'd just like to use your surveillance room." he explained, in a matter-of-fact tone that riled the guard.

"Don't be ridiculous!" he barked. "You cannot be here! Get out now!" he demanded, moving forward as if to grab Raja. It seemed that angering the guard turned him into more of a threat, but luring him closer was exactly what Raja wanted. As soon as he found himself nose-to-nose with the guard, Raja gazed into the man's eyes with those enticing emeralds of his and allowed the magic to happen.

"No, you really don't understand," Raja explained politely, whilst intensifying his eye contact with the man. "I'd really like to use your surveillance room." he repeated. His voice was deep, soothing... Hypnotic. The guard seemed increasingly dazed as the seconds flew by, and replied with only an indiscernible mumble. "Perfect," Raja said, as he sifted through the guard's thoughts and retrieved a name. As he spoke, there was something unnatural in his words; his voice was the same as it always was, low and raspy from too many cigarettes... But there was something unplaceable in the words themselves; as though they were loaded and crackling with a certain power. "Now, Bruce, I hate to rush you, but I'm on quite the tight schedule. Would you mind unlocking the door for me, please?"

Bruce obliged without contest, withdrawing a large ring of keys from his pocket that jingled and rattled as he searched for the correct one. Despite his glazed eyes the fact that he seemed to be focussing on absolutely nothing at all, the zombie-like man produced the key, slipping it into the lock and undoing the securities in place on the door. Raja quietly beamed with enthusiasm. "Oh, wonderful!" he exclaimed, in a tone of forced politeness drenched in sarcasm as he passed by the guard into the room, flicking on the lights. "Thank you, Bruce. You're a star."

He began tapping at the various controls around the small office, watching as the various screens responded differently to his touch and soon figuring out how to begin rewinding the footage around campus in search of any leads. The school's CCTV system was quite expansive, with multiple views of the area where Ms. Yeoman was last seen, and Raja was more than certain that the footage would provide him with something that he and Feral could follow up. It was just a matter of scrolling through the past hours of footage in search of that something.

"Bruce," Raja purred, turning from the console and fixing his eyes upon the guard's once again. He didn't say another word after that; he simply sat in silence, staring with an unblinking discipline that was somehow as tranquil as it was fierce. Raja's powers of hypnosis were limited, and he couldn't risk the guard regaining his own consciousness and putting up a fight. It was better to simply deactivate him and eliminate the threat.

It worked: the fog over Bruce's eyes seemed to dissipate, though he didn't seem to gain any consciousness as his eyelids began to droop and sag. Soon enough, the security guard was but a snoring heap in the corner of the room, having a particularly vivid dream about a squeaky door in need of oiling.

Raja, meanwhile, mashed away at the keys and dials in search of evidence.

• Love
Reactions: Stein and Blacksam
Shaking her hand, he could sense that she was different from others. Through his armor, he could still sense the energy that existed within and around the girl. Smiling under his helm, Angel nodded when she commented the outfit and the name. "Even with the name, wings and the.. Colorful outfit, some still ain't gettin' the message." She mentioned not having a cover - not wanting to spill the beans on her name, it was a choice the Maverick understood and respected.

"And no, I can't fly. But I can leap and glide - stay low and I'll follow you on the rooftops. I can keep up."

Thomas scoffed. "Lots of guts to claim that. I like it." Turning away from the girl, he spoke into nothing, rather, he spoke to everything - the entire house. "Glitch. She can't go out like that. 'Boss' Would kill us if she wasn't wearing armor." Glitch let out a 'One moment.' response, before a panel in the wall slid open, revealing a reinforced jacket with a similarly armored hood and face mask armed with a communicator. "Thank you, Glitch. It's not a uniform, but it should stop you from dying immediately to a bullet." Thomas mentioned. "I don't know what sort of powers you've got. But if you want it, it's yours." He mentioned.

Turning around towards the door, he opened it and with his eyes beginning to light under his helm, the six golden wings spewed from his back, a soft glow to his skin as he lifted his foot, walking several feet into the air. "They're heading south-east on the highway. They're shooting out of the vehicle, Angel." Glitch informed him, as Thomas nodded. "I'll stop the car, you keep civilians and the officers safe, have my back and I'll have yours." Thomas promised her, looking down from the air. "This way." He said, pointing towards the best free running route to their destination.

Reactions: Stein and Blacksam
As Mindfuck slid off, quickly melding into the shadows, Makarios set off on his own path, his instincts telling him there was more to be found. It felt good, being on the hunt again, and this time without a Nox infused berserker in his sights. Things were starting to feel…normal. Well, as normal as the life of a Maverick could actually be.

He delved within himself, resonating with a familiar tone. At once, his nose became flooded with chemicals, sweat, dust, mold and all manner of "pleasantries" as the power of the canine settled on his being. How did dogs enjoy this life? It took a short moment of adjusting each time Makarios adopted the full capacity of their olfactory senses and this time was no different. Finally, with a steadying breath, he looked up in the darkness, his eyes losing the last bit of their purple glow from the transition into this power-set.

Makarios worked to concentrate solely on the sense of smell bestowed upon him, blocking out the other more…canine impulses. He focused on the locker, smelling once again the Coco fragrance. But, something didn't seem right. Though the scent led to the locker, it didn't seem to be her scent. Had the Bloodhounds adopted a female into their ranks for this mission? But that didn't sit right with Feral. That scent, such a high fragrance, was an unnecessary luxury that no female – if she was in the Bloodhounds—would take.

What was he missing?

Why would the Bloodhounds go after such a high profile target? Especially in an area such as their city? Smuggling her out of the city would be next to impossible, and being caught could likely lead to a toppling of the entire organization. The risk didn't correlate with the potential payout.

Unless…

"Feral! Simone was wearing Victoria's Secret Bombshell—"

Feral paused in his tracking, which had taken him to the outside of the school. "Did you say Bombshell? Are you sure?" That didn't make sense. That wasn't the scent he kept picking up on. "Something isn't adding up, Cal. I'll keep you posted shortly." He was certain that the fragrance that stood out the most was the Coco Mademoiselle. What did that mean?

Outside, in the grass bed of the school, he found his answer. The scents wafted around him, but he was able to focus and watch as fortune smiled on him. In the midst of the grass lay a shoe and a glove. Closer inspection revealed that the shoe belonged to her. Makarios allowed himself a small smirk as he held the shoe. "Smart girl," he muttered.

Picking up the glove as well, he garnered that one of the assailants must have forgotten it. Another stroke of luck for the Mavericks tonight. Makarios just had to hope it hadn't come too late. He took a large whiff of the glove, filtering through the fumes of sweat. But, something gave him pause. It wasn't a particular scent, but the lack of one scent and the presence of another.

"Ill, Feral checking in. I don't think they're at the harbor. I repeat, they are not at the harbor. And I've got a feeling someone else might be behind this."

Feral took off toward the school, heading for Mindfuck. He found him with a few moments. "C'mon my friend, we've got a night to ruin. We're riding out now." As he turned on his heel and took off down the hall, he called back to Mindfuck. "Did you find anything else?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Raja
[The latest in a series of flawless collaborations, brought to you by Stein and Raja.]

Raja surveyed the footage with a scrutinous eye. It should have been difficult for the man to spot the young lady, considering he had no idea what she looked like, but as soon as he saw her--Raja knew. Perhaps it was his third eye, that psychic sense of his that granted him the upperhand in situations like this. Or, perhaps it was because this particular young lady was being man-handled by two large brutes, clad head-to-toe in black stealth gear, out on the school's lawns. It was most likely the latter.

As Raja smirked to himself, celebrating his success and whipping out his phone to record a copy of the footage, he noticed a fourth figure enter the frame. This was a shorter and daintier presence; irrefutably female. She was dressed in a similar fashion to her cohorts, albeit with a refined style and a certain chicness that the man beneath the burqa could not help but appreciate.

She approached Simone, and some sort of scuffle broke out between the two as the latter tried to break free. Within seconds, she had been neutralised and carted out of the frame. Raja moved his gaze to a neighbouring screen, showing a large, black van; into which the hostage was stashed before it sped off into the night. Raja noted down the registration.

"C'mon my friend," came a voice from behind him, startling Raja. His focus on the monitors, combined with Feral's intrinsic stealth, had caused him to be taken off guard. He swiftly followed Feral down the corridor, stopping only briefly in the doorway as he called back to the slumbering security guard.

"Don't forget, Brucie; oil the door!" Raja chimed as he slammed it behind him; the resulting noise easily loud enough to wake Bruce from his trance. He soon caught up with Feral, who asked whether he had found any evidence.

"I did indeed," Raja replied. "I happened to make acquaintance with a most charming individual, who kindly let me into the surveillance room." he said, his eyes flashing a mischievous glint. "It seems Ms. Yeoman was taken from the campus at around three forty-five. Two males and a female; there was some struggle on the lawn. Took off in a black van." he said, reciting his information to Feral as the pair hurried outside. "I'm no good with cars, so I can't tell you the make or model. Registration N78 B80."

"Good job," Makarios congratulated his Maverick apprentice. "I'd wager that your powers of....persuasion are probably even better than IllAdvised's. And of course, it's always good to be able to make friends while on the job," he added with a touch of humor. As they made their way to the exit of the school, Maki stopped, Mindfuck's recount resting on his mind.

"Did you say two males and a female?" He asked Mindfuck, stopping suddenly. There it was again, that elusive female who couldn't have been part of the Bloodhounds, but yet...she had been smelled and seen at the scene of their mystery. "I know they were probably garbed, but is there anything you could pick out about the woman from what you saw? Anything at all?"

Makarios knew he was putting a little bit much on the new recruit, but he'd found something interesting and it was a lead that could help them break this mystery down.

Raja summoned the images he'd viewed moments ago back to the forefront of his mind in response to Feral's question. "You are correct in that they were garbed," Raja noted. "As is tradition in this business. However, I did seem to notice some blonde curls slipping from beneath her balaclava. The artificial tone of her hair and the way in which it is styled suggest a woman of class, no?" he said, presenting the footage on his phone to Feral. "It also seems that she lost a glove," he pointed out, highlighting the visibility of her caucasian hand following the scuffle.

"Great work!" Maki complimented. It hadn't taken much prompting on his part for Mindfuck to delve into the abstract thinking that this line of work took, and he seemed naturally adept at it. Though Makarios couldn't say he was too surprised. There was something spectacular about each of these recruits. As they neared the bike and donned their helmets once more, Maki addressed his comm link.

"Feral checking in. Mindfuck and I have found more on the kidnapping. We're dealing with a third party being directly involved in the heist, Ill and Angel. I've got the scent to follow, and we're going to be heading out now. Angel, we may need you on standby, if you can manage it." As he spoke, he revved up the engine, getting a final scent of the glove and the particular fragrance, mixed with sweat and the mystery woman's unique body odor.

"Mindfuck," Makarios spoke over the hum of the engine, easing it back onto the street. "What would you say our next step should be? We've got a location via my nose and we've got the assailants. But the woman adds another element to the mystery. With our trusty AI on deck and ready to go, what would you propose our inquiry be to get more intel on what we're dealing with?"

Raja was thankful that Feral's eyes were on the road ahead, as he doubted that the look of curiosity he bore would have been easy to mask from the Maverick in control of the motorcycle. The complements, the consulting, the questions... The way clues were mysteriously and conveniently falling into place. This had to be some kind of test; a hoax investigation to ensure that Raja was qualified... Surely, life as a Maverick couldn't be this theatrical and exciting. Raja's prior dabblings in vigilantism had been one thing, but his burgeoning career as Mindfuck looked to be something else entirely. In the back of his mind, he realised that he wasn't entirely opposed to the idea.

"Well," he exclaimed, following some thought. "I'm not sure what your AI is capable of, but it would be convenient to track down the van, considering that if our suspects have any sense they'll have changed the plates; possibly even the vehicle." he noted. "We can't be sure that the female you've a scent on is still with Ms Yeoman, and our priority should be retrieving her and ensuring her safety." Raja reasoned, hoping not to offend the Maverick, whom he was growing quite fond of. The two bounced off each other rather well, which surprised the lone ranger.

"Aside from that, it might be worth finding out if Ms Yeoman or her family had any bad blood that might provoke an act like this. Though, once we come face-to-face with our suspects, I'm sure I'll be able to get them talking," he said, chuckling. "It's quite the skill of mine."

Feral nodded his head in agreement. He'd never taken himself as much of a teacher, but the case was presenting itself as a learning experience nonetheless. "I'm almost certain that they've switched cars, due to the cop chase Angel is heading up on Overtown, but it'd be worth it to look into regardless. Glitch?"

The AI's response was swift as she set about sifting through electronic records. "And don't worry, one of these days we'll show you just how much our favorite AI can handle," Feral told his passenger. "I particularly like your second avenue. If it isn't bad blood oriented, it's at least to send a message to the Yeoman family."

Once again, as Makarios hit the streets of his city, he manuvered the bike in ways most humans could only dream of. Cutting corners at the last second, narrowly snaking through traffic. And all with an apparent ease. He found himself slowing often to pick the scent back up. He noted them nearing a much wealthier part of town, and his suspicions began to narrow while still remaining vague and as shadowy as Mindfuck's first appearance.

Finally, a thought hit him. "Glitch, Mindfuck is right. See if there have been any stories or releases on Councilman Yeoman, particularly in a negative light. Exclude all things that have to do with the general public and focus on situations that involve high-profile individuals."

"Of course, Maki. One moment please," Came Glitch's response. They were nearing their destination, Maki could feel it.

As Raja listened to the mutterings within Feral's helm, something struck him: the AI had just referred to him as Maki. Was that Feral's real name; what he called himself away from this bizarro world of foolish heroics? It was unlike any name Raja had heard before... Which was rather fitting, considering Feral was unlike anyone he'd ever met. Yes... Raja mused to himself. His name is Maki.

***​

They began to near the illustrious Hotel Andromeda, notable as one of the oldest and most lavish hotels in the city. Standing at 20 stories, the Hotel garnered the attention of the most wealthy and prestigous. So, it was no surprise that the scent seemed stronger as Feral and Mindfuck came up to the hotel. Banking right at the last moment, Makarios found a side alley to stow their vehicle and plan out their attack, waiting for Gltich's response. The AI chimed in only a moment later.

"It took a little digging, Feral, but I was able to find something." Gltich opened the channel to include Mindfuck's helmet as well. "There was a deleted police report I was able to recover involving the councilman and a sexual solicitation charge."

"I can't even feign surprise," Makarios stated, earning a chuckle from Mindfuck.

"Here's the interesting part, though. The charge involved a minor. The report doesn't give her name, but it does include a mention of unregistered immigrant. Which could probably indicate--"

"A sex slave from a foreign country," Raja interjected, figuring out where the AI was going.

"Correct."

"Don't hold out on me, Glitch, I know you've got more," Makarios prompted, as he slid off the bike and held a hand out to help Mindfuck.

"Of course. Further searching has shown a few charges lodged against Yeoman during his campaign. All of them referring to 'alternative' sources of revenue to fund his campaign. All of these charges were dropped mere days after they were filed." Glitch said.

"It would seem that councillor Yeoman is less-than-innocent in this operation," observed Raja, as Maki helped him to dismount the motorcycle.

"Which means this heist of his daughter was almost certainly inspired by revenge. It reeks of it....almost literally." said Maki, turning up his nose at the thought.

Raja nodded in agreement as the three of them collectively put together the pieces of the puzzle. "Then we should move quickly," he suggested to Feral and Glitch. His tone was grave and serious. "Those with an axe to grind are prone to make rash decisions."

Reactions: Stein
W
ith the press of a button, the Predator came back to life as IllAdvised recalled the vehicle. Without a word, he wrapped an arm around Fury, the exoskeleton in his suit boosting his strength as he leapt out the window toward the ground. The canopy on the heavily armor vehicle opened up as it swallowed the two vigilantes. With a heavy 'THUD', IllAdvised's suit absorbed the impact of the landing before he released Fury and moved into the driver's seat despite Glitch having already set the vehicle into motion towards their desired location.

"Ill, Feral checking in. I don't think they're at the harbor. I repeat, they are not at the harbor. And I've got a feeling someone else might be behind this." Feral's voice came in over the Maverick's private comms as IllAdvised raised a gauntlet to his cowl.

"Follow it up, I trust your instincts. But without anything solid I'm going to chase this lead too, Fury and I are headed to a known Blood Hounds clubhouse in Santiago." IllAdvised's voice took a steely edge as he finished his sentence. The Blood Hounds were a thorn in Larissa's side that IllAdvised had long sworn to remove. However more pressing matters usually ended up taking precendence over them, allowing their virus to spread and infect more and more neighbourhoods across the city. Perhaps IllAdvised was giving into something of a personal vendetta, but tonight was as good as any night for knocking out a few of their teeth.

With the timeline getting tighter with each moment the Mavericks wasted, IllAdvised realized it was time to forego the rules of the road and shifted the Predator into high gear. Reaching above his head, IllAdvised engaged the Predator into pursuit drive as the vehicle launched down the road. The controls retracted from his reach as Glitch took control, her software plotting out the path ahead in order to avoid collisions. At these speeds, IllAdvised couldn't trust his human reflexes not to hit a civillian.

The trip to Santiago didn't take long at the black vehicle's top speeds as it skidded around a corner, Glitch descreased the speed returning control to IllAdvised whose foot slammed the pedal down once more.

"Feral checking in. Mindfuck and I have found more on the kidnapping. We're dealing with a third party being directly involved in the heist, Ill and Angel. I've got the scent to follow, and we're going to be heading out now. Angel, we may need you on standby, if you can manage it." IllAdvised nodded to himself before responding to Feral's communcations.

"Acknowledged, Fury and I have arrived in Santiago, I'm going to storm the Blood Hounds' clubhouse. Will pass along any useful information." IllAdvised said before turning his attention towards the quickly approaching building.

"Boss, I feel it crucial to let you know you're on a collision course with the wall that's rapidly approaching." Glitch's voice filled the cabin as IllAdvised nodded before his thumbs pushed down on two buttons on either side of the steering wheel. Rising out of either side of the Predator's hood were a pair of araments as they began to riddle the opposing wall with holes before the Predator collided with what was left. Bursting through the cloud of dust, brick and rubble, IllAdvised turned the wheel sharpely, bringing the heavy vehicle to a skidding halt.

"Hold a moment." IllAdvised ordered as he raised a hand to signal to Fury not to exit the vehicle as the dust began to settle. "Where are they?" He muttered as the room appeared to be empty.

"Glitch, scan for infrared signals." IllAdvised ordered as he exited the vehicle. Suddenly a bolt of lightning struck him from behind. While his suit had been insulated, the amperage was still high enough to temporarily lock it up as IllAdvised fell forward, fighting against the exo-skeleton that was now a hindrence instead of an aid.

"Hello Lover boy." The sight of a high heel leather boot filled IllAdvised's heads up display before it suddenly went to static following a swift impact. "Did you miss me?" The sing song voice teased as IllAdvised felt a name escape his lips in a single hushed growl.

"Allison."

"Yes Caleb dear?" A weight sunk down on his pelvice region as the display returned to IllAdvised's cowl and he found himself face to face with his former teammate and lover as she leaned over him before pinning his arms back and removing his face mask. Her lips touched against his as he struggled to keep his jaw shut. Her teeth playfully biting at his lips and neck before she spoke again in a taunting tone.

"I recall you being a rather big fan of this position."

"Go to hell." IllAdvised spat back only to feel Allision painfully push her hips against him, electricity escaping her body as it rode up and down IllAdvised's before finding a grounding point to escape to.

"Ah, ah ah Caleb. I hold the power today." She teased. A small smirk turned up at the corner of IllAdvised's mouth as he looked at Allision's expression suddenly sink as IllAdvised opened his mouth.

"Fury, NOW!"

• Love
Ill didn't have to tell her twice. In fact, he barely even had to tell her once, as Lisa was already on the attack before he'd called out to her. She popped out the passenger side door, thundered over the prowler's chassis, and dropped behind Alison, all before you could even say 'Fury'.

She'd never moved so confidently. So purposefully. So fluidly. So quickly. Definitely too quick for Ill's assailant, anyway, as she'd barely noticed Fury, much less reacted to her.

Lisa had just enough time to be squicked out by how vaguely erotic the heroes and villainesses potions were, before starting her attack. One black booted foot crunched into the back of Allison's unprotected head, more than enough force behind it to send her careening off from Ill'Advised's prone form.

"Looks like you might'a loved him, but I think you're gonna come to hate me!" Lisa snarled, stepping over the Mavericks leader to deliver a few more bone crunching kicks to her enemy's ribs. Might not be the most honourable of things, kicking an enemy who was down, but even Lisa was experienced enough in street fighting to realize that it was an advantage that she just couldn't turn down.

Sometime after the third strike Fury realized that she recognised her victim. She'd seen her in the papers a few years ago, some wealthy socialite who had hit the party scene hard, before being cut off from mommy and daddy's money. The papz had had a field day with her story. What on earth was she doing here, in an empty clubhouse that was supposed to be filled with Blood Hounds, attacking Ill-Advised?

There was something going on here that went deeper than any kidnapping.

Lisa would look into it, just as soon as she was done rearranging Allison's face.

A
s Fury's boot collided with her head, Allison was knocked from her riding position on top of IllAdvised before being laid out flat on the ground, the new vigilante's wailing fists threatened to rearrange her face.

"You hit like a girl." Allison snarled in retort to Fury as the other girl's blows were met by a electric force-field hovering just above Allison's skin. "You're not the only one IllAdvised taught." She taunted only to expand the force-field and send Fury flying off of her in a wave of electricity as Overload displayed her namesake move.

With his mobility regained, IllAdvised was back on his feet as he boosted across the room, jumping off the wall before catching Fury and placing her on the ground. In a single slick movement, IllAdivsed back-flipped over his partner and landed facing Allison with his hand outstretched. The suit was already responding as his gun flew from his thigh to his hand, IllAdvised firing several rounds immediately towards Overload as his fingers wrapped around the weapon. Despite the perfect aim, the nerve darts sizzled against her electric force-field before falling to the ground useless as Allison smirked towards the Mavericks' leader.

"You're going to need new toys Lover." She smiled with a raised hand as she let loose another bolt of electricity, except this time IllAdvised was ready for her. Already reaching as Allison had raised her hand, IllAdvised reached behind his shoulders, unleashing his chakram as the circular weapon was thrown in the path of Allison's lighting. Attracting the current, the weapon steered the attack away from the pair of Mavericks as IllAdvised reached to his belt and hurled a small pellet towards Allison's hand.

"I know your moves too." IllAdvised growled as he charged forward. The pellet exploded as a foam began to pour out, expanding as it adhered to Allison's hand.

"No!" She yelled as panic began to set in. "Hounds, kill them!" She screamed as the room suddenly began to fill with gunfire, the hidden Blood Hounds emerging from their hiding spots as Allison desperately tried to shake the foam from her hand as she retreated.

Looking towards Allison's escape route, IllAdvised cursed his luck as he doubled back to Fury amidst the gunfire before stepping in front of the girl in order to shield her. Unlike Fury's homemade costume, IllAdvised's suit was loaded with toys. Specifically his suit's gyroscope which was currently deflecting the gunfire away from both of them.

"Ready to vent some frustration?" He called to Fury over the drowning sound of automatic weapons and ricocheting bullets.

"I think your associate would lend credence to my...'guts'," Aava replied, trying to sound jovial but coming out like the cracked veneer of a poorly-programmed android. She watched as Angel spoke to thin air, and thin air responded, before it slid open a wall. Nooks and crannies. This lighthouse hid nearly as much as Aava did.

Armour, a black hooded jacket, similar to hers but without the length and the self-styled scarf attachment, and a plain black mask. It looked threatening, dark and full of menace, garments of a singular purpose. She accepted the gift graciously, thanking both Angel and the voice he'd spoken to as she shed her own coat - revealing more of the true extent of her carvings as she did so - before donning the armour, which sat heavy but sleek on her frame. The voice purred as she slid the mask on and pulled up the hood. Aava nearly purred herself.

Instead, she followed silent and wraith-like behind Angel as they left the lighthouse, and watched as he stepped out onto open air like Aava would concrete. He was ethereal, wings splaying out in the light, floating like it was all he had ever done.
"I'll stop the car, you keep civilians and the officers safe, have my back and I'll have yours."
Aava nodded.
"This way." He directed, gesturing before he moved. Aava exhaled once, and then broke into a sprint toward the edge, throwing herself over into the air Angel had stood in mere moments before, and then pulling the air from above her and throwing it beneath in a channelled stream. Not flying - but close enough. She touched ground, bolstered her Nox, and did it again, effortlessly sailing over gaps, vaulting over obstacles and bouncing off walls. She kept Angel above her, always in sight, following dutifully, both of them heading southwest at blinding pace, racing to do their duty as self-appointed protectors.

Aava hoped she would do better this time.

If a person had been waiting in the lobby of the Hotel Andromeda, looking at the elevator at precisely 8:47 PM, they would have been graced to the sight of a smiling couple, engaged only in each other's world. Their refined air would have hinted at graced aging to their 40's. They would only give off the smallest air of inebriation. To anyone around, they would represent the epitome of a happy couple ending a fabulous evening of love, romance and intimacy.
But oh, how deceiving looks can be.

The Devian couple, Portia and Leopold, were excited with a sinister air and deviant aura of sexual tension. Leopold seemed more drunk on the air than actual spirits, while Portia whispered sensual something's in his ear. Portia Devian, wife of foreign dignitary Leopold Devian, was more than just a powerful man's arm candy. She was forceful, sadistic, cunning, driven and overall—loyal. For all intents, she had made Leopold the man he was. And her goal was to keep him at his peak, pleasing him however she could.
Including kidnapping Simone Yeoman.

They rose to their top floor Royal suite. An entire floor dedicated to the most exclusive of guests. It was there that an unconscious Simone Yeoman rested. The silken shroud of lingerie that covered her figure and tranquil face betrayed the grotesque and perverse situation she was currently in. Luckily she still slept, keeping the Devian couple at bay.

***​

Makarios took a moment to calm himself, focusing simply on the core of himself. In that core he managed to strike the tone of his Nox and felt the beasts within him respond. Externally, he began to wisp tendrils of purple, mystical energy.

Glitch had finally been able to find a tenuous connection between Mr. Yeoman and a certain Mr. Devian. Following that connection eventually led to an enlightening of the situation. With all they needed to know about their opponents, Makarios asked Glitch to hack the cameras of the hotel to locate the targets. Upon finding them, Glitch reactivated their deactivated cameras, giving Feral and Mindfuck a visual layout of their battleground.

"Now," Makarios started, flexing his fingers and loosening his joints, "we can take the long route to their floor, or we can use a more…direct approach. Which would you prefer?" he asked Mindfuck, the corner of his mouth twitching upward ever so smoothly.

"We've got armed security combing their entire perimeter. Unfortunately, the cameras don't go throughout the entire hotel so we don't have full visuals. We don't know where the room is. When we go in, we've got to go in hot. I'm going to draw fire for the first wave of security that hits us. I want you to pick off stragglers and newcomers. We'll have to move quickly to avoid them harming the girl. I'm ready when you are."

Raja observed with quiet appreciation and Maki's body seemed to exude power; wisps of shimmering purple energy slipping from beneath his skin like some kind of brilliant, otherworldly steam. When the Maverick asked Raja's opinion yet again, he simply resigned himself to the fact that this mission was indeed some kind of induction; an endeavour to test Raja for his worth. Whilst he didn't like the idea of being strung along, he had the upperhand in that he had seen through the facade: with this knowledge, he was sure to impress. Then maybe they'd take him on a real mission. He decided to give them what they wanted: he was to perform.

"As exciting as breaking and entering sounds," admitted Raja, feeling his very bones itch at the idea of an all-out siege. "I've always believed there is a great deal to be said about the element of surprise. We should sneak up on them and try not to cause any fuss unless we need to." He said, looking up at the cursive sign of the Hotel Andromeda. "I've visited here before." Raja noted casually. "A friend of my father's was staying in the Royal Suite. It's right up the top." He explained, beckoning for Feral to follow him as he made his way towards the front of the hotel. "I'd wager a substantial sum of money that we'd find our suspects there."

"Of course, it's not as easy as simply waltzing up there and knocking on the door. The Royal Suite is only accessible via a private elevator, which drops us off on a security floor. This is where the guard's that your friend mentioned come in." explained Raja, referring to the Mavericks' AI. "I'm sure if I ask nicely enough, I can get us that far." he said, smizing mischievously. "After that, there's little point in waiting for them to deal the first blow, so we'll go ahead with your strategy as soon as those doors open." By the time he'd finished speaking, they had arrived by the front entrance. "Your costume would draw us too much attention," Raja stated, before pointing at a pair of doors beside the reception desk. "That's the staff elevator. As soon as it opens, you're only gonna have a matter of seconds to join us in the lift." he said. "Wait here and be ready." And with that, Raja whisked himself off into the lobby, black garb trailing behind him.

Due to the time, the lobby was largely empty save for a few stragglers. One lone lady was working the night shift at the front desk; he approached with an undetectable silence, glancing at her nametag before speaking.

"Hello Debbie," Raja said, startling the young woman.

"Oh my goodness!" she exclaimed, catching her breath and trying to laugh off the situation. "You almost gave me a heart attack! How can I help?" she asked with an efficiency that satisfied Raja.

"I have a reservation for Mindfuck." he said, to which Debbie shot a puzzled expression. "It's a stage name." he laughed. "I'm in the Royal Suite."

Debbie typed at her computer briefly, before frowning. "I'm sorry Mr. Uh... Mind, but the Royal Suite is currently occupied." She said, looking up at Raja. He stared into her eyes fiercely, something stirring within him that seemed to ride his line of sight through the air and penetrate her mind. Her face fell into a look of mild confusion.

"Oh, don't worry about that," he purred. "There must have been some mistake. You can just operate the elevator for me, and I'll be on my way."

Obediently, the receptionist rose to her feet, clearly in some kind of stupor as Raja did his best to maintain eye-contact. She wandered, seeming rather aimless, towards the elevator, punching a string of digits into the console and causing the large, bronze doors to slide open. With startling speed, he whipped his head around to face the entrance as Debbie fell to the floor and began to regain consciousness.

"FERAL, NOW!" he yelled, stepping into the elevator and hitting the button for the top floor.

His spell over Debbie broken, she rushed back to the desk and began to call for assistance. There had been a security breach at Hotel Andromeda.

Something about the way IllAdvised was fighting around her, shielding her, keeping her from the worst of the action, was chafing Lisa raw. Like she was a child that needed protecting, something small and fragile that couldn't be let out of his gaze. It was uncomfortably close to how her parents had treated her when she was a sickly girl, and just the merest hint that Fury might fall prey to the same kind of mollycoddling that plagued Lisa both terrified and infuriated her. She knew she had to put a swift end to this now, otherwise it stood a chance of affecting the future of her career with the Mavericks.

She pushed past IllAdvised, planning to charge the rifle armed bikers and show her hero just how capable she was. She'd taken no more than three steps before the first bullet hit her. It no more than skiffed her right bicep, but the pain of it's kissing sting was enough to make her gasp in shock. It burnt like raw fire, and she had just enough time to realize the mistake she'd made before the second bullet smashed into her chest. Then a third. The fourth hardly broke the skin, while a fifth rebounded off like she was carved from steel. By that point it didn't matter too much to Lisa though. By that point she was nearly mad with pain.

A bestial cry tore itself from her throat, more rasp to it than an old file, and she threw herself at the Bloodhounds. The gunmen concentrated their fire on the slight woman, but things had gone long past the point of their guns having any hope. Might as well be throwing pebbles into the sea, trying to stop the tide.

Fury's first 'victim', see that animalistic hunch to her shoulders and hearing the unintelligible noises she was making, realized that she wasn't going to be pulling her punches. The Bloodhound backpedaled as fast as his legs would carry him, managing to dodge the brunt of Fury's attack. A punch that had all the potential to powder bone merely brushed against it's intended target, and instead of being mashed into goo the lucky Bloodhound was merely thrown unconscious from his feet.

The rookie vigilante spared him no more thought, rushing on to his friends, bashing and clawing, a dangerous and temporarily unhinged creature of chaos. She spore no thought to restraint, could spare no thought. Pain induced rage left no space for thinking, the only urge was to inflict the kind of hurt that had been visited upon her. Savage and animal reaction. Lisa Walker was gone, locked inside her own head. Fury reigned supreme, and she would make the most of her moment.

Kicking out at the knees of the nearest biker. Bone breaks, and a cry wails out. The unthinking Fury steps forward, ready to silence the voice for good, but is distracted at the last moment. A burly Bloodhound, braver, or perhaps more foolish, than the others, upon realizing that ammunition wasn't working decided to step forward and smash the butt of his rifle against the back of Fury's head. It was a titanic blow, enough to split rock. If she had been a normal person it would have cracked her skull like a sparrows egg, spilling grey yolk all across the floor.

But she wasn't. She was a meta. And now she was madder than ever.

With an ear-splitting shriek, the kind that could shatter glass, she spun and lashed out, striking her assailant, crushing his shoulder, breaking ribs. He fell heavily, but unlike her last victim he didn't wail. He didn't have the wind for it. He only looked on in horror as she stooped over him, one foot poised above his face, ready to come crashing down. . .

The Cops were driving down the street as quickly as their engines would allow them, keeping up with the turbo-boosted engines of the Bloodhound gang. And when the cops did gain on them, they were met with a salvo of bullets from the gang's high-powered SMG's. The five gang vehicles had taken down four police cruisers and wounded half a dousin officers throughout the high speed chase, breaking through roadblocks thanks to the armor on their cars and the skill of their drivers.

Coming up to the freeway on the outskirts of town, the police had chased the gang away from the civilian population of Larissa. On the highway the Hounds used precision driving to remain in two lanes, thus making it almost impossible for the cops to shoot at them from any angle. For the police, there seemed to be no other option than to call in their armored vehicles to give them a fighting chance against these thugs.
Luckily, support of a decidedly different nature was in close pursuit.

Angel and Aava were gaining on them from the rooftops below the highway, Aava leaping while he soared above her. He could see the flashing lights on their right, and he kept them straight and true, aiming to cut across the Bloodhound's vehicles. Angel dipped down above Aava.
"I'll make them stop, and immobilize their vehicles. You focus on keeping the cops out of harms way and take out any stragglers." He ordered, breaking away from the recruit, dashing up over the highway, about 100 meters infront of the Bloodhound gang. The fog of the night made it hard to see him, and he made sure to keep his wings as dim as possible - until he was ready.
Stragglers. Said the voice. He thinks you're weak.
Aava hushed it, saying nothing to Angel and only nodding to acknowledge her instructions. She would do what was needed of her to help. Angel knew better than she did+.

About 15 meters in the air, Angel waited for the vehicles to come his way, and when they did, he held his breath for a minute, focusing. His six wings stuck to his torso, around his arms, his shoulders, abdominal and back, giving him a bright blue glow - and when the Bloodhounds could see the glowing figure crashing towards them, it was already too late for them. Stretching his arm out as he came towards the two leading vehicles, the three wings on either side stretched out, latching onto the car's frontal axis, pulling them both off from right under the vehicle, taking away the ability to steer, forcing both vehicles to flip onto the road.

Aava didn't see much as she scrambled from rooftop to vault over the lip and onto the highway, but what she heard was plenty: engines roaring, a few potshots, squealing tires - and then Angel, floating serenely above them, a blue glow turning the night air into an ocean, unleashed a measured, righteous fury. Wrenching metal and shocked screams of frightened men came next, and then Aava was watching vehicles pirouetting through the air before the car immediately behind it slammed into the wreckage. Armoured though the vehicles were, the immediacy of the violence - and the cause of it - forced dogged instinct into the Hounds, and they slammed their brakes. The police were still a few seconds out, and it was these seconds that Aava chose to bask in the scene before her - a dark night on an empty freeway, the inky blackness illuminated by an Angel and the burning wreckage of his display, thugs silouhetted against it, orange on their backs and blue on their faces. And then the gunfire began.

Angel was exhausted and already in cover, his reign of the sky aiding a sharp getaway - Aava was not so lucky, and whether the gang members she faced identified her as their attacker's companion or not didn't seem to matter - muzzles swung in her direction and then flashes lit the road. Aava had mere moments to react - but she managed it. Tapping into her Nox, she threw her hand in a semi-circle before spreading her arms, a quick warding spell that served her well - bullets flew towards her but plinked against the air, bouncing away. The cops were closer and some of the Hounds had turned their attention to the black-and-white cars that skidded to a halt, peppering the sides with gunfire - and as others reloaded, Aava took the opportunity to pull at the fire that blazed behind her assailants. It burst, hot air and flame surging forwards, sending thugs flying with third-degree burns. Magic rushed through her and her runes grew warm, eagerness welling within.
You are not weak. Said the voice. Show them your strength.

As the cars flipped over, fire erupted and the cops closed in, Angel was met by the gunfire of the Bloodhounds coming his way. His wings protected him, but the pit in his stomach grew when he saw Aava in the range of fire, but it quickly went away when the girl proved herself more than capable of handling the rapid gunfire.

Using the environmental hazards Angel had caused, she tossed the thugs around like bales of hay - bales of hay on fire. He noted that she was aggressive, not cautious - he'd have to make sure she would work on that - and her style was risky, opting for fast results instead of thinking it all the way through. They were like his own instincts – fight first and ask questions later. Angel's wings broke away from shielding him as the thugs stopped to reload, latching onto two of them, pulling them closer to the seraph's person. As they were tossed to him, they were met by a double clothes line sending them both to the ground, knocked out cold. His wings allowed him the reach to take out the gunmen who hadn't been charred without a lot of hassle, even if he was running out of energy.

Two of the thugs managed to crawl out of the car amidst all of the chaos and were making a break for it, running as fast as they could, shouting something about freaks. Thomas looked towards the police and saw that two officers were in pursuit of the thugs, and he thus stayed his angelic visage from the scum of the city's underworld, instead turning to Aava.
"We had better leave." His voice boomed, as a thug behind him raised his gun to put a bullet in the back of his head – to be struck down by his wing, the tendril snapping like a whip onto his face, leaving the guy holding his face, crying out in pain, cursing before the cops ran over to arrest the knocked out thugs.
We shouldn't have held back. Whispered Aava's heart. They didn't deserve it.
Again, she only nodded, quickly following Angel as they fled, Angel tapping into his comms, Aava's own receiver crackling into life.
"Feral, Illadvised," Angel spoke, Aava hearing him in delayed stereo, "We've taken down the Bloodhounds - They turned out to be just a decoy." He spoke before ending the transmission, awaiting response.

Makarios stood impressed in the wake of the new recruit's adaptation of his plan. It certainly seemed a little less jarring to execute and would allow them to strike the beast at its neck, instead of hacking at the legs. Either way, they had to move quickly, as he was sure their time was less than limited.

"I like your intel and quick-thinking. You'll need that to keep up in this line of work," Makarios stated as he heeded Mindfuck's directions. This was a good time to take a step back and see what he could do. There was a mysticism that still hung around the new recruit that was fascinating to the Maverick. He still didn't have a concrete concept of the recruit's ability set, but this would be his moment to learn a bit more.

Standing off to the side, Maki took the precious moments he had to collect his tones, synchronizing himself and entering into a state of calm. A slight worry still plagued him over whether he might lose control as he did back at the harbor, but he tried to give it little room to grow. Instead, he trained his eyes on Mindfuck, ready to intervene in the event that the former male balked in any sense.

A certain wander traipsed over him as he saw Mindfuck in action, and his nose picked up that scent again: the scent he equated with Hyperhuman powers in full swing. Mindfuck's gave off a particularly rich and psychedelic scent, one laced with power and raw intensity. Feral got the sense that with just a little training, Mindfuck would grow to be a truly devastating force.

As the woman moved from behind the desk, Feral saw his opportunity coming. His form became slightly more crouched and his legs tensed, building energy for his moment. He closed his eyes, focusing only on the pure synchronization of the Hare.

"Feral, now!"

There it was! With a huff, Feral took off, launching himself from his readied position across the hotel lobby. His body was blur and it moved with precision and agility as he darted around the pillars of the lobby, his pace unaffected and no movement wasted. In the three seconds it took for the doors to close, Makarios bounded across the entirety of the Hotel Andromeda lobby, dodging pillar and obstacle alike. As he entered into the doors, he turned just in time to flash a smile to the lobby attendant.

They were on their way up.

"Since they've been alerted to our presence, we'll have to move quickly," Feral told Mindfuck. "New plan: I'll make the ruckus on the security floor, you see about making it to the girl and getting her out of here as quickly as possible." The elevator rose quickly, giving them little time to catch their breath.

There was a ding, signifying the end of their ride and the opening of the doors. "Get ready," he told Mindfuck. He struck another tone, synchronizing with another animal.

A burly man met them at the door. His dark suit and sunglasses indoors informed Makarios immediately that he wasn't typical security personnel.

"Good evening," Makarios started, "We're part of a city focused procurement team. It seems to be that you have something that—" his statement was cut short by man producing a gun from his suit jacket and pointing it at the pair of vigilantes. He barked and order at them, his foreign accent thick.

"Fine then, we'll do it the easy way," Feral stated. With the Fox laced in his movements, he spun to the side, his hand grabbing the goon's armed hand and twisting it to disarm him. In one fluid motion, Feral heaved the man over his shoulder and slammed him to the ground of the elevator, delivering a swift jab to the man's head, subduing him.
Immediately he heard shouts behind him and looked up. A light began to dance in his eyes. He wasn't going to hold back this time.

Leaping from the elevator, Feral lived up to his name letting out a guttural growl as he landed on the chest of the next incoming goon. His weight carried his opponent to the ground, where he made quick work of subduing him. Before the third and fourth armed men in the room had a chance to make sense of what they were seeing, Feral charged them.

His movements seemed to slink together, one leading to the next as his charge melded into a butterfly kick that sent the next goon flying. The other one found his gun snatched from his hand and it's butt swiftly connecting with his head. Makarios heard the others coming and prepared accordingly.

Releasing the clip from the gun, he tossed it behind him and spun to kick it at the first incoming goon. It hit the man square in the throat, causing him to drop his gun in shock. With force, Makarios chucked the emptied gun at the man with precision. He fell as the sixth goon entered. Feral risked looking over his shoulder to see the room that the third and fourth goon had come from. A side supply and storage room with just enough empty space for him to continue his controlled rampage. Leading the majority of the armed men there would likely create a window for Mindfuck to move on.

The sixth goon eyed him warily, and Makarios took the moment to release his current tone. He picked the next tone circling his head from prepared Animals and adopted a different stance. He held up his hand to the sixth goon and the men piling up behind him and beckoned them to him as he smirked.

"Come, friends. Let's get better acquainted."

As the doors slid open, Raja allowed Maki to handle the situation that awaited them. And handle it he did; within the blink of an eye, the security agent was decidedly neutralised by the swift and instinctive movements of the Maverick. It was most impressive; especially as Feral leapt out of the elevator and gracefully terminated any obstacles that got in his way. Raja observed as the animalistic Maverick lured a large portion of the guards down a side corridor, leading a path for the psychic to slip through. Maki's instructions had been simple: Get the girl.

He slipped out of the lift like a shadow creeping along a wall, making sure to accidentally step on the fingers of the first guard Feral had taken care of. The coast seemed reasonably clear, but Raja maintained alertness as he swept down the hallway; his black garments trailing over the unconscious bodies that littered the floor as he delicately stepped over them. He allowed his memory to guide him along the corridors towards the stairwell as he hastily rounded a corner... And came face to face with a lone guard but a few feet away.

Raja wasted no time in firing a blast of psychic energy at the man, lighting the entire hallway with brilliant pink light as the guard was knocked to his feet. Instantly, he leapt up, producing an automatic M16 from his jacket and aiming it in Raja's direction. Raja hurried to lock eyes with the man, rushing to muster some illusory power at short notice. The guard watched wearily as his opponent began to duplicate before his very eyes. Had he been drugged? Or were there really ten-or-so burqa-clad silhouettes before him? The answer seemed irrelevant to him as he began peppering the small crowd with bullets, causing Raja to dive out of the way and forcing his conjurations to dissipate with instant effect. Focussing on the gun, it became engulfed in pink light and was yanked away from the guard, who maintained a firm grip and wrestled with the invisible force. Raja seized the opportunity, taking out the guard's knees with a single swing of his long, slender leg.

He wasn't about to wait for the man to recover; he was certain from the ruckus he could hear down the hall that Feral had everything in control. He dashed up the staircase without looking back.

The top floor of the Hotel Andromeda was calm and quiet in contrast to the chaos that swirled beneath; it seemed the entire security sect had been deployed to handle the threat downstairs. The two Mavericks had been underestimated, it seemed; an amateur mistake, but one for which Raja would not complain. Silently, he approached the singular door on the hallway; all varnished mahogany and gold filigree, the words 'The Royal Suite' emblazoned on an expensive-looking plaque. Pausing briefly to compose himself, Raja knocked daintily on the wood.

Inside, voices could be heard, speaking in a language foreign to the Indonesian multilingual. Soon enough, a large, portly man answered. Raja, prepped for the occasion, locked eyes immediately. No words were exchanged between the two, as the air between them seemed to thicken and expand; smothering the wealthy-looking man, whose eyes began to droop and whose legs soon followed suit as he dropped to the floor unconscious. Raja grinned at his handiwork and stepped over the slumbering body.

"Leo, what's taking so long?" came the voice of a foreign lady, who entered the grand hallway of the suite and stopped dead in her tracks, freezing solid as she watched the tall, garbed man gently close the door behind himself. She seemed to compose herself, and reacted with a calm confidence that rivalled Raja's own. This unsettled him. "I take it you aren't room service." she said, suppressing her accent. Raja bolstered his own façade in retaliation.

He chuckled. "I'm afraid not, Madame. I do hope this isn't an inconvenience," he said, drawing closer to the woman. "I don't intend on overstaying my welcome, but you have something of interest to me that I'd like to collect." he explained bluntly, not taking his eyes off the woman for a moment. Something about her was... Fierce, strong. There was a wall there behind those eyes that she was actively holding up, preventing his powers from getting the better of her. Minor details slipped through; her name, brief flashes of memory... But it seemed that as far as bending her to his will, Raja would have to handle this the old fashioned way. "So, Portia, if you'd just direct me to Ms Yeoman, I can be on my way."

Portia Devian smiled. "I understand,' she said, in a tone of defeat that didn't entirely strike Raja as being genuine. He remained alert for the entirety of the woman's pause for thought. "Certainly, I'm sure I can accommodate that. You are a guest, after all." she said, mimicking Raja's own dialect. He scowled beneath his hood. "Right this way, Sir."

She lead Raja through a small hallway, through some large double doors that lead into an ornate lounge area. There was Simone, tied to a chair n the middle of the room and her mouth bound with tape. Her eyes widened at Raja's appearance. "Here she is," announced Portia, with a mix of pleasantry and venom.

Raja stared into Simone's eyes, communicating non-verbally with her through his powers. "Don't panic, Ms. Yeoman." he said telepathically, which surprised the girl. "My name is Mindfuck. I'm here with the Mavericks. We're going to get you out of here." To Raja's annoyance, the girl showed no sounds of calming, and instead seemed to become even more frantic as she writhed around on the chair, mumbling like a lunatic beneath her taped lips. A deep cough behind him caught his attention.

He turned to face Portia, and his eyes became wide in shock. She was surrounded by six or seven guards, each as fierce as the one he'd fought downstairs. "Oh, I'm terribly sorry," said Portia, smirking like a smug child who had just gotten a playground nemesis into trouble. "I forgot to mention I had company."

Knowing he was outnumbered and overpowered, Raja gulped. He was going to need a miracle.

I
lladvised cursed to himself as Fury shoved her way past the protection of his magnetic fields. If Fury didn't want his defensive measures, at least it freed him to go on the offensive. With Allison still in the building somewhere that was an important factor to keep in mind.

"Glitch, time to go on the offensive." IllAdvised ordered as the Predator came back to life, the A.I. inhabiting its systems as gatling guns filled with nonlethal rounds rose out of the vehicle and delivered suppression fire on the Blood Hounds. Moving swiftly across the room, IllAdvised jumped into the air, carried forward by the thrusters on the back of his boots while his cowl tracked the life signs of the numerous Blood Hounds.

"Fly true Quorra." IllAdvised muttered as he launched the chakram form his hand, the circular weapon spinning through the air as it became a blur before bouncing off of the skulls of several of the gangbangers, dropping them to the ground. Watching as Fury tore through Hound after Hound, IllAdvised decided his energies would be better spent bringing down Overload as Quorra returned to his hand. Boosting to a nearby mezzanine, IllAdvised ran across the steel balcony, bursting through a window before rolling onto a low lying roof. Coming back up onto his feet, IllAdvised took a leap before bringing his feet together and smashing through a sky light. Hitting the ground, IllAdvised came face to face with Allison who delivered an open palm to his chest, a blast of electricity putting distance between the two of them as IllAdvised skidded backwards.

"Lets even the odds." IllAdvised growled as he threw a vial towards Allison who magnetized the glass before pulling it to her free hand and pouring it on the foam that had expanded over her arm. Lightning rippled down both arms as Allison began to flex her newly free arm as the foam began to fall away. Smiling wickedly at Cal, she taunted him again.

"You always did like it rough, ready for to go again Lover?"

"Round two, electric boogaloo." IllAdvised retorted as his staff unfolding in his hands, the ends crackle with electricty as he spun it through the arm. The weapon humming as it whirred through the air, the pale blue glow of electricity illuminating the dim room. Crackles and sparks fell through the air as Allisons blows were countered by IllAdvised's. The two fell into familiar patterns, moving almost in syncronization as he spun around only to be blocked by an open palm.

He had taught her that.

Stepping back, IllAdvised spun the staff before making a wide spin, sweeping towards her feet. With cat like agility, Allison rolled forward, twisting her body into the air as she gracefully cartwheeled over the attack, landing behind IllAdvised.

Feral had taught her that.

With her feet back on the ground, Allison came on the offensive delivering rapid blasts of lightning from her finger tips as IllAdvised was forced to dance around the blows. Rushing forward, Allison swung her left arm as IllAdvised moved to knock it away with his staff only for Allison to catch the weapon and deliver a quick blow with her right hand to his throat. Stunned, IllAdvised barely had time to react as Allison brought her head down forcibly into his.

Angel had taught her that.

Raising his legs up, IllAdvised kicked off Allison's chest as he propelled himself backs, somersaulting through the air before landing. Winded, Allison staggered backwards before finding IllAdvised nearly on top of her as the hooded Maverick flew through the air, swinging his staff down towards her. Lighting crackled at her finger tips as it began to circle around her before the energy exploded outwards, knocking IllAdvised back as he skidded across the ground.

Vanguard had taught her that.

Anger began to seethe through IllAdvised's body as the taste of blood and betrayal filled his mouth. How dare she use Xander's techniques, how dare she slander his memory when it was her who caused his death. IllAdvised moved foward again, his staff tucked under his arm as Allison began to shoot blasts of lightning towards him. Zig zagging as he ran, IllAdvised expertly avoided the blasts before swinging his staff around and jamming it into the ground. Allowing the momentum to carry him forward, IllAdvised twisting his body around, bringing his legs forward as his heel collided with Allison's jaw, dropping her to the ground as her forcefield shattered upon impact. Standing over Allison, IllAdvised pushed his staff to her throat before Glitch's voice distrubed the triumphant moment.

"Boss, you need to get back here, Fury has lost control. Someone is going to get hurt."

"Glitch, neutralize her before she does something she'll regret tomorrow." IllAdvised roared as he broke off with Allison. Opening her mouth to laugh, IllAdvised pulled the Picard from his side and fired a tranquilizer dart into Allison's neck before he grappled through the broken skylight back towards Fury. The sound of gunfire continued to come from the main warehouse as Glitch fired suppression rounds from the Predator towards Fury. Despite knocking Fury off balance, Glitch quickly realized the pain was only making Fury stronger as the girl turned towards the vehicle, her eyes burning with uncontrolled rage.

"Fury, no!" IllAdvised yelled as he dropped from above. Raising his own firearm, he armed it with a tranquilizer dart as he pointed the weapon towards the girl. "He's out, stand down."

Makarios was vaguely aware of Mindfuck's form taking advantage of the commotion and slipping off.

Good, now he could fight without worry. He could lose himself for just a moment with no one to critique him later. An excited and shaky breath left his body while his eyes narrowed. There would be no maddened frenzy today. The echoes of his Tone settled through his body, the reverbs calming his bones as he felt his strength increase. His thighs seemed to tense and his neck muscles pulsed with a directed rage. This Tone was risky, the Bull, as he wasn't fully familiar with its presence in his body. But as the synchronization finalized and he felt his two halves become one, there was a sensation of relief.

'Go time.'

"Fine," the first goon finally spoke up. His Russian accent was thick and purposeful. Makarios immediately pegged him as the leader of the group. "You wish to die a man? My men and I, we give you a man's death. No guns, only body and fists. I would say I am sorry for your fortune but—"

"We both know that would be a lie," Makarios finished with a small smirk. "But, I can at least say, with resolute honesty, I apologize for any lasting damage I may cause." He crouched slightly at that point, shifting one foot behind the other and raised his fists. His eyes focused on each man in his vicinity. With his back clear, he could focus on his incoming opponents.

The first one charged him, and Feral didn't even take the time to dodge. He caught the man's punch in his hand and jerked the goons arm down, bringing his own free fist up. The connection to the goon's jaw was almost sickening and the man fell back, shock preventing him from hollering in pain. The second charging man was met with a duck and a jab to the throat. Feral kicked at his knee, displacing it and using it as a step launch himself up, bringing his knee to the second man's face. He twisted his body around, swinging his foot out to connect with the jaw of the third goon who was foolish enough to rush him. The force was such that the man's whole body spun once as it fell to the ground, mirroring his head.

Makarios landed with his back to his attackers, but his instincts told him to duck as right hook sailed over him. He kicked back with a bovine intensity, hearing a series of cracks where his foot impacted the man's leg. He turned around with both hands interlaced, swatting the fourth goon to the side. He exhaled ferociously, feeling his thoughts and sights narrow. A snarl escaped him as he spoke up to the remaining hired muscle, their leader included.

"I can keep going and I will not hold back. Flee now or not at all."

Two of the remaining eight actually balked and in a panic they stumbled their way from the room, no doubt heading for the elevator. Their leader, infuriated let out a bellow and cursed in Russian, pounding his fists together. He charged Makarios. 'Bad idea.'

Makarios lowered his head and pawed the floor once before taking off to meet the man head on. His speed increased and he could feel the magical bulk of an enraged creature surrounding his body. He met the man, shoulder connecting with his chest and launched him back. The leader flew to the adjacent wall, slapping against it with an unpleasant sound. The only audible noise he could make was a groan as he sunk to the floor.

Feral turned his head to the remaining five men and rushed them, his arms spread to catch the two nearest him. The force of the Bull carried them back and he lifted up, tossing them back. He felt pain sear across his shoulder and turned with a right hook, clocking the goon that had just swatted him with a nightstick. The man stumbled back, dropping the stick. Feral reached out, grabbing him by the shirt and pulled him in for another punch. The man was unconscious before he hit the ground.

Turning his attention to the last four, Makarios narrowed his eyes once more. "Leave, now!" he bellowed, spittle flying from his mouth. The two men he had thrown earlier were actually the first to the door, hobbling with a fervor. A third was in tow but the final man eyed him dangerously, producing his gun. Feral snarled, daring him to lift it.

As the gun began to point at Feral, the final goon barely had time to question his decision before Feral was upon him, hand at his throat. He slammed and lifted the man to the wall.

"I said leave." With that, he tossed the man toward the elevator, but not before taking the gun from the man delivering a swift punch to his stomach. Trying to catch his breath, the man crawled for the elevator doors.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry, I forgot to mention I had company."

Makarios approached the room of the Royal suite with the commotion as Portia Devian spoke.

"So did he," Makarios spoke up. The first of the men to turn around was immediately disarmed and subdued. Feral stooped down, sweeping his leg out to take the feet out from the second guard. He lunged to Portia Devian before the others had a chance to react and shifted his stance behind her, using her as a shield against the remaining hired guns.

"Good job, Mindfuck. I'm sure Miss Yeoman has seen enough tonight, wouldn't you say? So, why don't we wrap this night up?" He tightened his grip on Portia Devian's throat. "As for you, you may have diplomatic immunity, but your goons don't. And I'm sure they would be a little worried about the Larissa Police headed here as we speak. So…tell them to leave….now." His last words were more a snarl than actual words, but Portia acquiesced all the same and soon the room was clear.

"Mindfuck, would you mind getting Ms. Yeoman out of her restraints. We're heading out." With that, he delivered a swift and light jab to the back of Portia Devian's neck. She sunk to the ground, unconscious. The tips Caleb had taught him were getting more and more useful.

"Feral to the Mavericks," he commed in. "We've secured Simone safely and…unchanged. Mission: Accomplished."

~A Collaboration between BlackSam and Lord Wraith~

T
he slightly built girl who had just dismantled a cadre of hardened criminals and bikers with her bare hands spun on IllAdvised, lips hitched back in a feral snarl. Her fists clinched tight, and for a moment it seemed she would continue her assault on any and all that met her gaze by way of the Maverick's leader. But then the seasoned vigilante spoke up, and Fury wavered. It seemed IllAdvised's words were getting through to her. Her shoulders slumped, like all the fight just flowed out of her.

"I. . . " She began, but never got the chance to finish before she was interrupted by a Bloodhound, one forgotten by all but who had sensed his moment to strike, so sudden that neither Maverick could move to stop him.

"BURN, YOU PSYCHO BITCH!", hurling a bottle at Fury, burning rag trailing from the open top. His aim was true, and the projectile shattered against the girl's back. The effect was instant.

Fury screamed, so loud that it seemed the earth itself must surely have been ending. Flames consumed the vigilante, licking out and devouring her with frightening speed. Mindless rage resurged, concious thought once more retreating into the safe confines of her being, leaving nothing but an animal drive. An animal drive that was trapped inside a hell of it's own burning skin, the stink of burning flesh thick in it's nostrils. The only recourse was to lash out, at the first thing, or person, that made itself available.

IllAdvised still stood in front of her. He'd do.

The shriek heightened in tone as Fury threw herself at the Maverick leader, as much a stumble as a charge, as hindered as she was by the flames. Her cry was deathening as she struck out, a fist charged by the pain of immolation rocketed towards IllAdvised's face, burning sleeve making a sparkler-like arc in the shadowed building that may otherwise have been called pretty, if not for the dire circumstances.

IllAdvised's training by the hands of the Black Lotus Society kicked in as he twisted his body around the seemingly rocket propelled fist before following through the movement as he flipped into the air and landed soundly behind Fury. Holstering his gun, IllAdvised moved his hand to his belt and threw a handful of capsules towards the girl. Upon impact they exploded, expanding into a rapidly hardening foam which would both imbolize Fury and extinguish the flames, hopefully minimzing any burns. The girl was still going to need medical attention especially around the impact area however, IllAdvised noted. Spinning around, IllAdvised raised a roundhouse kick as a proximity sensor went off in his mask. Dropping the last Bloodhoud to the ground with a harder than necessary 'THUD', the Mavericks' leader turned his attention back to Fury.

"Stand down recruit." He ordered. "Reel in that temper, clear your head otherwise a couple of second degree burns will be the least of your concerns."

The foam spread almost as fast as the flames, though were the flames had promised pain, the foam whispered relief, instant and gratifying. It still hurt, darn did it hurt, hurt more than she ever thought she could bare. But it was better, and that counted for something. And as the pain faded, control returned, like the two were on a scale, one waxing as the other waned.

Man, what just happened?

Lisa tried to look around and get her bearings, only to be stopped by something. She quickly realized that there was some sort of gunk covering her, though it was stiff and limiting her mobility. She wasn't sure she wanted to know what it was. She just wanted it off. With a surge of movement she straightened out, the gunk falling off her like a butterfly shedding it's chrysalis. That much moving hurt though, especially on her back. In fact, it felt like the skin had been flayed off, or at least that's how she imagined it feeling.

She turned, still groggy and confused, and spotted IllAdvised. He looked mad. Or madder than normal, at the least. In fact he looked like he might just be mad with her. Oh, but that couldn't be good.

"Urgh, what, uh. . . what. . . " She started, then her legs went jelly and she collapsed to her knees. She had to brace herself with her hands to stop her going face first into the dirt ". . . Happened?" It almost sounded like she was asking herself.

"Situation is resolved here." IllAdvised started as he kneeled down to extend a hand towards Fury. "Your abilities threw you into a blind rage, suiting given your chosen alias. You were hit with a molotov cocktail, hardly a fun night out." IllAdvised paused, a slight smirk crossing his lips. "However your body has likely suffered from numerous second degree burns in a best case scenario. I need to return to base in order to properly dress and begin repairations to your body." He finished helping Fury to her feet. "In the mean time, ingest this. It will help negate the pain both easing your suffering and helping you stay in control I would assume. Burns tend to pulsate pain and I don't want you having another episode espeically inside an armored vehicle." IllAdvised added handing Fury a small capsule from his one of his belt's pockets.

Molotov cocktails? Second degree burns? Ouch, but now that he mentioned it she could really feel the burns, pulsating away, blistering sore. She accepted the capsule and swallowed it without question. Usually she'd be a bit warier of pills from men she'd just met, but she guessed IllAdvised wasn't the type to drug a lady. It didn't taste great, but she assumed it wasn't designed for it's delicious flavours.

"Urgh, I wish I could say I've had worse, but. . . I really haven't. I didn't hurt anyone, did I?"

"No one that didn't deserve it." IllAdvised stated in response as the armored sides of the Predator opened to receive its passengers.

"IllAdvised to Mavericks, congradulations on a mission accomplished. Fury and I will rendez-vous with you at the base." He replied upon hearing Feral's broadcast. Climbing into the driver's seat, IllAdvised spun the vehicle back around to where they had entered as he turned to Fury again. "Try to relax your body, it'll help relax the inflammed flesh. I'll have those wounds treated immediately as soon as we return to base."

T
he garage door smoothly slid shut behind the Predator as IllAdvised boosted into the Maverick's hanger beneath the antique lighthouse. Out in the Larissa Bay, the segmented bridge retracted into the night's gentle waves as IllAdvised lowered his hood and climbed out of the large vehicle.

"Glitch, prep the medical bay for a burn unit." The Maverick leader ordered as he pulled his mouth covering off the lower half of his face. a well chisled chin was illuminated under the light of the garage as he rubbed an armored hand along with dark stubble.

"Fury, if you could follow me please?" IllAdvised asked as a locker raised up from the ground as he removed his jacket and belt. The red armor underneath shifting as it retracted from his arms and compacted into his chest piece. Closing the locker and keeping the rest of his armor on, IllAdvised made his way towards the medical wing as he stood beside Fury on the lift from the garage to the main floor of the lighthouse.

"IllAdvised to Mavericks. I need an E.T.A. on your arrival. Also if our new associates could please inform Glitch of your preferred pizza toppings. Mission accomplished means pizza around here." He added with a smile before toggling the communications channel to just Feral and Angel as he turned away from Fury before speaking.

"I ran into Allison working with the Blood Hounds. Allison escaped in the chaos and if she's working with the Hounds, she's still working with Locke. I'm afraid our element of surprise will soon be gone." IllAdvised added. "With that note, watch your backs on patrol from here on out. We all know Locke is ready to employ any means necessary in order to bring us down." The lift came to a stop as IllAdvised motioned towards Fury to follow him. Entering into the medical wing, IllAdvised retracted the armor from his hands as he ejected his gauntlets. Slipping on a pair of black latex gloves, he pointed towards a nearby bench.

"I'm going to need you to sit on there and hold still. I need to cut your clothes off around the afflicted area. All goes well I'll have you patched up in a couple of minutes." IllAdvised stated as he opened a steel cabinet to find the necessary supplies.

The rest of Feral and Mindfuck's time at the Hotel Andromeda was filled with prepping Simone for the police. They wouldn't be able to stay on the scene, but they made sure she was safe, bringing her down to the lobby. Luckily unharmed, she still seemed slightly shaken. An understandable response to the events of the night.

Portia Devian tried to put up more of a fight, but was easily subdued by Makarios. Her diplomatic immunity saved her from any legal recourse, but Maki would be damned if he was going to make it easier for her. As he left, he turned around. "And please Miss Devian, don't think I haven't noticed your husband conveniently missing from the scene of the crime. Let's see how long it will take him to come to your aid. Remember, your kind of filth is easily replacable."

Leaving the building, Maki looked at his new recruit, mustering a small smile. His body and mind were slightly tired from the night's exertions. He still wasn't fully acclimated to the vigilante life just yet and it showed in the slight sluggishness of his body. "So, how did you like your first shift with Mavericks Inc.? I recognize this night was relatively fast-paced and low impact but just know, most nights won't be so clean cut." He gestured to the bike and climbed on, starting up the engine. As he started it up, they received IllAdvised's transmission and Maki could feel the end of the night coming. With relief, he spoke into the comm link.

"Ill, this is Feral. Mindfuck and I are about fifteen minutes out…ten with my driving. Looking forward to the pizza. Make sure you get extra for Mindfuck, he did great work tonight." Feral risked a look back at Mindfuck as he drove. "At the base, pizza usually goes quickly with how much we eat, I hope you can keep up there as well." It was true, his abilities made him ravenous and he, Thomas and Cal had often gone on pizza eating contests. One incident involving nine and a half pizzas made him chuckle fondly.

Cal's next words made Maki bristle, however. "What!?" he hissed into the comm link. Images of the traitorous woman flashed through his mind. He worked to suppress a growl before speaking again. "Fine then, if the venomous scuff of shit wants to rear her head, I'll be waiting with bell's on to greet her. Give me the word and I'll hunt her down, Caleb. On all that I believe in--" he had to stop himself, realizing this face felt flushed and his eyes stung. A tear of anger he hadn't noticed rolled slowly down his cheek. "She...she can't get away again. She can't"

Arriving at the base, Makarios took off his helmet and ran a hand through his hair, tussling it and mentally removing the stress of the night. He needed to talk with Caleb, and soon. "Glitch, would you keep me updated on Ms. Yeoman? Just for the night, please. I want to make sure she gets home safe. Maybe her father will think better of his actions next time."

He turned to Mindfuck, proffering his hand to help the male off the bike. "You can let go of your tension for the night. It was a smooth mission because of your efforts and I personally think you've got the makings of a great Maverick."

Status
Not open for further replies.