Vigilance: Rise of the Mavericks [The Cheeky Banter Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what I'm seeing is Vong stepped out and literally days after that, we decide to give every founder a mentee. And EVERY mentee is a female....

I just...

Honestly guys,
anigif_enhanced-buzz-16693-1373393154-34.gif

.. You are right.

All joking aside. I think Makarios or Thomas are fit to have two trainee's. Maki because he's awesome, and Thomas because he's had a lot of experience, and I have a lot of free time.

The definition of Irony has now been changed :D

Damn Chad... if you only knew...

Are there any mentors who would be particularly interested in a specific student, or believe a certain pair-up would be most likely IC?

Also, my internet is back. Praise be!

• Love
Reactions: Lord Wraith
Well we have two Magni, a Hype and an experimented on Hype.

Roanna is actually likely best paired with Chuck.

Thomas and Maki could choose between Aava and Irene leaving Lisa as a bit of a wild card. Although I think Maki and Chuck would both be better mentors than Thomas for her.

Realistically the three remaining Mavericks would all have a hand in training each of the new recruits but I think those are the best matchups for primary mentorships.

Here's the big question though: would someone like Irene (@Craftsdwarf character) even NEED a mentor? Or would she even accept one? I'd assume that once you hit the 100's mark, you stop seeing yourself as a novice compared to a bunch of 20-somethings.

Here's the big question though: would someone like Irene (@Craftsdwarf character) even NEED a mentor? Or would she even accept one? I'd assume that once you hit the 100's mark, you stop seeing yourself as a novice compared to a bunch of 20-somethings.
That's a fair point.

I really need to read character sheets.

And a poitn I was actually considering myself, though also for some slightly different reasons. I could definitely work with that, and it'd make the whole mentor idea a bit easier to manage.

And a poitn I was actually considering myself, though also for some slightly different reasons. I could definitely work with that, and it'd make the whole mentor idea a bit easier to manage.
So, you'd prefer not to have a mentor then? And I would almost see mine and Roman's character working together as well as Maki being a mentor to her. That's just a light idea though.

I need to re-read up on Blacksam's character though.

It's less that I don't want Irene to have a mentor, or don't want to take part in the team dynamic (I actually think it's a good idea!), but it would both make some sense for her not to want/have one due to her character (and not just because she's older then the rest of the cast combined), and be easier to actually pair the everyone up, since we'd have three mentors, three pupils, and one pupil who wouldn't really want a direct mentor.

Reactions: Stein
So, you'd prefer not to have a mentor then? And I would almost see mine and Roman's character working together as well as Maki being a mentor to her. That's just a light idea though.

I need to re-read up on Blacksam's character though.
Maki and Aava might be a good fit - only problem is, Aava's a walking conduit and has Nox flowing through her very skin. Might make their interaction a bit uncomfortable on Maki's end.

Reactions: Stein
It's less that I don't want Irene to have a mentor, or don't want to take part in the team dynamic (I actually think it's a good idea!), but it would both make some sense for her not to want/have one due to her character (and not just because she's older then the rest of the cast combined), and be easier to actually pair the everyone up, since we'd have three mentors, three pupils, and one pupil who wouldn't really want a direct mentor.
I'm pretty much on the same thought train.

Maki and Aava might be a good fit - only problem is, Aava's a walking conduit and has Nox flowing through her very skin. Might make their interaction a bit uncomfortable on Maki's end.
Yeah, I was thinking that, but I've still got to tweak Maki a little bit.

I love how easy Roanna was for this lol -sits back and watches-

I'm I the only one thinking that pre-deciding which founder should mentor which recruit is kinda putting the cart before the horse. Would it not be far more fluid to just play that sorta stuff by ear as the RP unfolds?

I have to be with Sam on that one. We can theorycraft all we want, but in the end it comes down to what kind of chemistry is built in the IC.

Speaking of which. Stein, Wraith. How are your schedules looking in the coming week? I can write just about every night my time, if you guys are available.

It is actually a valid point that we should likely wait for in character interaction. Would be hilarious if none of the pre-determined pairings worked out.

Reactions: YoshiSkittlez
I have to be with Sam on that one. We can theorycraft all we want, but in the end it comes down to what kind of chemistry is built in the IC.

Speaking of which. Stein, Wraith. How are your schedules looking in the coming week? I can write just about every night my time, if you guys are available.
I'm always busy but if you or Stein want to either add to what I started in the pad or start from scratch let me know and shoot me a link so I can contribute when I'm not working.

You're not black enough to drop a mixtape.

Though, that sheet is straight fire.

I should prolly upload the backstory for Thomas. Did you see his updated powerset, btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.