Vigilance: Blood And Justice [OOC/Sign-Ups/Chat]

Status
Not open for further replies.
For example he could pick up a torch and it would become an LED flashlight. He could pick up a glock and it would become a laser pistol, or he could get into an old Ford Model T and it would become a flying car. However, once he stopped touching it it would revert back to what it was before.

For example he could pick up a torch and it would become an LED flashlight. He could pick up a glock and it would become a laser pistol, or he could get into an old Ford Model T and it would become a flying car. However, once he stopped touching it it would revert back to what it was before.
I'm going to have to say no to that one I think. It has the potential to get out of hand all too quickly, I'd be afraid of him picking up a knife and turning it into a lightsaber.

For a 'superhero alias', I'm thinking either Predator or, yes, Star Fox.

For a 'superhero alias', I'm thinking either Predator or, yes, Star Fox.

Star Fox seems like something an Earth hero would dub him especially if he's like Rocket and doesn't see himself as similar to the Earth creature.

Minor Announcement: On the CS example it states that your Alias should not be your codename. This is an error of my own carelessness due to reusing a CS from a previous game. Your alias can in fact be a superhero codename should you want one for Vigilance. Apologies for any confusion!
Since Emma is still part of PRCU I doubt she would have a super alias. Though she'd probably introduce herself as Em which in conversation would sound like she is giving the alias 'M'. So she might go with that unless someone dubs her something else.

And with the newly-added sample post, as bare minimum as it is, my sheet is officially complete. Believe it or not, you can still find it here, and I invite any and all to read, and then either criticize or compliment, whichever option feels more natural.

And with the newly-added sample post, as bare minimum as it is, my sheet is officially complete. Believe it or not, you can still find it here, and I invite any and all to read, and then either criticize or compliment, whichever option feels more natural.
Woot!

Naturally as I have been anticipating this sheet, accepted!

Score!

does this mean i can start my second sheet​

Well its depressing that other people get accept 1st try no problemo, and then there's me xD Anyway if you have the time or patience to check my bio, it should be ready... again.

• | NAME: |

• Hannah Madison Vickers

| ALIAS(ES): |
    N/A

| PLACE OF BIRTH: |
    Crescent City (New Lilith), California, U.S.A.

| SPECIES: |
    Human (Homo-Sapien) / Hype (Homo-Virium)

| D.O.B.: |
    July 18, 1991

| AGE: |

| SEX: |
    Female

| SEXUALITY: |
    Bisexual

| APPEARANCE: |
    Blond, blue-eyed, slim and svelte, Hannah's mother envisioned her as a future beauty queen or trophy wife. Of average height and build (5' 6" and 128 pounds), she is pretty enough but doesn't stand out in a crowd. She is more likely to cover her face with a hood.

| CLASSIFICATION: |
    Tech / Hype: CUPID

Last edited by a moderator:
Roman. My biggest problem with your sheet is that it took you damn long enough to make it. It's pretty enjoyable and a novel concept you've gone and put together. I appreciate the attention to detail you've given the position of the Alpha and the second names. I'm just curious who could possibly fight him, as if a normal lion wasn't enough of a challenge. Not that he's overpowered, persay, bus as soon as he adapts to his local environment, both of his weaknesses are pretty much taken care of. But, um, yeah. I'm not really sure what he'd want to do on Earth. You've probably got something in mind, but I didn't really get a sense of where you'd go from there. Of course, there's the IC for that, but just some of my observations.

Seems I've managed to completely mess up the code you so graciously provided. It's getting late, so if I can't fix it quickly now, I'll do it tomorrow. So ignore this post for now (just consider it a placeholder)! Not sure what's up with the double tabs, but hopefully I can fix that tomorrow.

The tabs from Backstory on are works in progress, but if you can it would be great if you could let me know what you think so far, just so I know I'm on the right track, ie. I hope it's okay I made her a tech and a Hype (if it's not I can easily take out the latter).

• | NAME: |
    Hannah Madison Vickers

N/A

Crescent City (New Lilith), California, U.S.A.

Human (Homo-Sapien) / Hype (Homo-Virium)

July 18, 1991

Female

Bisexual

Blond, blue-eyed, slim and svelte, Hannah's mother envisioned her as a future beauty queen or trophy wife. Of average height and build (5' 6" and 128 pounds), she is pretty enough but doesn't stand out in a crowd. She is more likely to cover her face with a hood.

Tech / Hype: CUPID
The Hype and Tech part is fine due to the Hype abilities truly being the definition of secondary. The CS is looking pretty good so far, when completed I'll likely file it under the Tech section on the OP since that's her primary designation.

Roman. My biggest problem with your sheet is that it took you damn long enough to make it. It's pretty enjoyable and a novel concept you've gone and put together. I appreciate the attention to detail you've given the position of the Alpha and the second names. I'm just curious who could possibly fight him, as if a normal lion wasn't enough of a challenge. Not that he's overpowered, persay, bus as soon as he adapts to his local environment, both of his weaknesses are pretty much taken care of. But, um, yeah. I'm not really sure what he'd want to do on Earth. You've probably got something in mind, but I didn't really get a sense of where you'd go from there. Of course, there's the IC for that, but just some of my observations.
You can't rush perfection, son.

Yeah, I had a lot of concepts to really flesh out both the planet and the culture of the species, and I really wanted to implement as much of them as I could, as streamlined as I could, in order to really give the Martraxi an element of feasibility. It's all fine naming your planet but I really wanted to show how the Martrax had evolved their biology and culture around the planet, as well as give them a social structure that felt animal-like in nature but not overly amoral or bestial so that it was clear they were at least semi-sentient. Pride and Nobility were key themes in writing them, and I hope that shines through.

In all honesty, initially I wasn't overly concerned with what Taro wants to do - at least on Earth, if that makes sense. Taro has his natural, instinctual drive to be Alpha - that's why he challenged Bovay, and it's what he feels is his right, so he's going to have interesting interactions with other characters (as you can see from the sample, he's already established dominance over some of the local wildlife). However, as I made clear in my writings on Martrax culture, being Alpha, and wanting to be Alpha, comes with a degree of responsibility - it's not a power position, once you understand what being Alpha really means. Taro's being Alpha means he's responsible for the well-being of his pack. Who his pack is, or will be, will be interesting to find out. There's also Taro's inability to block out the signals of humans right now, and in the state that Crescent City is going to fall into, there'll be a lot of distress.

And finally, as far as combat goes, Taro has no ranged options, and while I'm well aware how easily he will slaughter humans, I'm fairly certain that Hypes, Magni, and other Celestials will have their own bags of assorted tricks. However, Taro's offensive power is perhaps something that will need curbing.

At work for another 5hrs. Will reply to everyone after that point.

All right, now that I've got my hands on a laptop, I'm going to clean up and finish the CS. Completion incoming!

Reactions: Lord Wraith
Updated Abby's CS to include a codename. Not going to lie, Brave did have a bit of an influence on it.

Updated Abby's CS to include a codename. Not going to lie, Brave did have a bit of an influence on it.
Will update the OP to reflect that change.

@WanderingSpirit I'm going to PM you after I'm off work about your CS. I'm on break currently replying but I will be done in just about two hours.

• Do note that this is a vague representation of what his body looks like. He does actually have a face. Trying to find something that looks "right" however, is elusive as hell.
    | NAME: |
    Ira Per Hawkins

Current Identity: Wade Cormier is used in place of his real name. Also known in the media as Hyde, Scales, or The Monster on Gurrard.
    Previous Identities:
    Mason Ferrel (1969-1978), Jack Briggs (1978-1982), Liam Zurba (1982-1989), Wade Macneil (1989-1990), Cieran Liles (1990), Joe Thoms (1990-1995), Arne Tomassi (1995-2003), Alan Dussault (2003-2010), Kyle Nells (2010-2012), Wade Cormier (2012- )

Durango Colorado
    Hyperhuman
    September 02, 1950
    Male
    Straight
    Cubic is perhaps the best way to describe Wade Cormier. Standing at a stocky height of 5'6", and weighing in at over 370 lbs, Wade seems nearly as wide and thick, as he is tall. Yet, his mass is not sagging fat, but dense muscle, bone, and his armoured dermal layer. It is of course, that dermal layer that is most defining. His skin long ago replaced with thickened, tough keratin web holding together hard nodules of bone and chitin in areas of flexibility, while portions of his body which flex little are sheathed in textured slabs of enamel covered chitin, all in a pale tone of sand with some darker striations. His face seems something more akin to a jigsaw puzzle of nodules that shift within the keratin-dermis, his heavy set brows making it seem like his reddish-brown eyes are sunken. His nose is broad and flat, while a thin break in the armour denotes his lips as best it can. Being covered in thickened plates of biological armour, Wade has lost all of his hair in his continuing transformation.

Juno

Last edited by a moderator:
@Shard merely out of curiosity; how come Layne has an English name?

Status
Not open for further replies.