Vigilance: Blood And Justice [OOC/Sign-Ups/Chat]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My character isn't fully complete, Wraith, but I've got a good chunk of it done at this point, if you'd like to check it out. I'm on mobile, so linking it is kind of a bitch

@Stein I'll have to give it a closer look after work. On break on mobile myself haha.

@Salsacookies To be honest I'm very hesitant. The Magni aren't locked into a power like a Hyperhuman. They have the ability to learn and manipulate the Nox to their will. As such your character would be consciously just screwing with people. A Magni should be like a Mage or Wizard as opposed to a genie.

If i dont have my CS tonight it probabbly means I either fell asleep or Im not joining anymore, hopefully its the former xD But yeah I'll try to hace it up by tonight (like all those other times >.>)

Updated my CS. It's not entirely done, but close to. Enough to give pointers as to whether this will work in the RP or not.

Backstory for my cs is completed. It's short, I know, not anywhere near the essays I usually write, but for this character all the detail of his history doesn't need to be spelled out in the sheet. I'll either get the sample up tonight, or tomorrow; won't be anything major, just a couple paragraphs so I can get to posting in the IC, assuming I get accepted.

I finished my Biography however I have doubts that it will be perfect so whenever you got time after checking the other guy's CS sheets.

I'm home from work and reading through everything you all have kindly pointed me towards. I'll have answers o all your questions shortly.

In the mean time enjoy this wonderful song from two very talented ladies.

• Love
Reactions: WanderingSpirit
I'm home from work and reading through everything you all have kindly pointed me towards. I'll have answers o all your questions shortly.

...Lindsey Stirling... I approve of this message :rotfl:

Reactions: Lord Wraith
@Stein I'm loving this character and the work you're putting into her abilities. Makes me wish I made a Magni haha! Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see a specific conduit noted? Also, this might be because of my rewrite, but the Eyes of Artume would only need to obscure the wearer's features to any individuals within viewing range as Magni can't be seen or capture by any sort of recording device. Backstory is off to a good start, interested to see where you go with it and if I'm right about Avina performing the 'Dark Rite' on her own sister.

@cider I love the CS. Thank you so much for reading the entire OP and adding those nods into your CS, it's very much appreciated. I see nothing wrong with the CS and because it's a Hyperhuman you don't actually need to submit a Sample Post unless you'd like to. I am definitely digging how 'grey' the character is and can't wait to see what you do with him going forward. At this point, he's accepted as soon as you say the sheet is complete.

@Salsacookies Stein's sheet is a good place to started. Magni magic is versatile, you could focus on elemental magic throwing fireballs, ice or lighting, you could focus on illusion making, you could focus on enchanting or alchemy. It's a versatile build and several other examples are listed in the Magni description and ranks.

@Shroud The sheet looks good to me, loved the Pop tab story. As noted above, Hyperhuman sheets don't need a sample post so if the sheet is finished beyond that detail then you're accepted as well!

@WanderingSpirit The sentence structure in your sheet is really rough. Notably in your first paragraph you used the word 'have' instead of 'had' and in other place it's just awkward feeling. An example of this is the very first sentence which reads a lot smoother when changed to "Being born to a Magni family is not an easy thing for a child to understand." Due to this, your backstory is difficult to follow and fully understand. Having read through it, the most jarring error is the performance of the 'Dark Rite'. A Magni would definitely need to be able to perform Novice level manipulation of the Nox to be able to perform the Dark Rite. If Markus' father was dying, the easiest way for Markus to gain his powers would be to allow his father to simply pass away. If he can't cast any magic, he can't cast the Dark Rite. If you really want to have Markus kill his father, then I'd suggest smothering him with a pillow or something. This would accomplish the same effect and line up with the lore correctly.

@WanderingSpirit The sentence structure in your sheet is really rough. Notably in your first paragraph you used the word 'have' instead of 'had' and in other place it's just awkward feeling. An example of this is the very first sentence which reads a lot smoother when changed to "Being born to a Magni family is not an easy thing for a child to understand." Due to this, your backstory is difficult to follow and fully understand. Having read through it, the most jarring error is the performance of the 'Dark Rite'. A Magni would definitely need to be able to perform Novice level manipulation of the Nox to be able to perform the Dark Rite. If Markus' father was dying, the easiest way for Markus to gain his powers would be to allow his father to simply pass away. If he can't cast any magic, he can't cast the Dark Rite. If you really want to have Markus kill his father, then I'd suggest smothering him with a pillow or something. This would accomplish the same effect and line up with the lore correctly.
Well, I guess it time for Edition #3! ~Grabs a pillow and some ink before plucking out a feather and begins to work~

((Also sorry for my interesting choice of words for making my difficult Bio :P))

_EDIT LIST_
Killed Mad Father ~Check~
Revised First Paragraph ~Check~
Review the Bio and probably add more Mistakes ~Check~

Hmmm give me tomorrow or latter tonight for me to check my bio again for the third time before I say you can check. Or you can just check it either way im gonna be the really bad Background writer.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Stein I'm loving this character and the work you're putting into her abilities. Makes me wish I made a Magni haha! Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see a specific conduit noted? Also, this might be because of my rewrite, but the Eyes of Artume would only need to obscure the wearer's features to any individuals within viewing range as Magni can't be seen or capture by any sort of recording device. Backstory is off to a good start, interested to see where you go with it and if I'm right about Avina performing the 'Dark Rite' on her own sister.

[

Oh yeah my bad! I meant to include that! I thought I was missing something lol. And yep, I meant to take the glasses out.

I have listened to that song waaaay to much over the summer haha.

@Lord Wraith Thanks! I've now finished the CS. Added a few more NPC:s, changed some minor details in the bio and added a section under Thomas' "combat applications".

@Lord Wraith Thanks! I've now finished the CS. Added a few more NPC:s, changed some minor details in the bio and added a section under Thomas' "combat applications".
Alright I'll give it a quick once over but judging from what I read last night I'm sure it's all good.

@cider You're free to make your first post in the IC at your earliest leisure!

One time Lindsey Stirling liked my comment on YouTube. Still working on getting Lzzy to notice me though... Those two women are my ultimate girl crushes.

Room for one more? If so, would a super power based around rapidly accelerating technological evolution be too much?

Room for one more? If so, would a super power based around rapidly accelerating technological evolution be too much?
Room for more indeed, though I'd need a contextual example of your power to give you my honest opinion. From the name alone it doesn't sound like something that would work but I'd like an example before giving a definite answer.

Minor Announcement: On the CS example it states that your Alias should not be your codename. This is an error of my own carelessness due to reusing a CS from a previous game. Your alias can in fact be a superhero codename should you want one for Vigilance. Apologies for any confusion!

Status
Not open for further replies.