Vigilance: Blood And Justice [OOC/Sign-Ups/Chat]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will make time to review this sheet in the morning! upon completion. Want to do some moderating on the thread as well.

Last edited:
Fortunately, due to a mixture of spare time, determination, and the fact that the sheet isn't big and intimidating as I thought, I might have my character up soon.

Reactions: Lord Wraith
Fortunately, due to a mixture of spare time, determination, and the fact that the sheet isn't big and intimidating as I thought, I might have my character up soon.
Sounds good! As I stated above, if it's up by morning I should have time to review it then. If not I'll likely be looking it over Thursday morning.

• | NAME: |
    Olivia Katherine Badulence

| ALIAS(ES): |
    Lone Wanderer, The Fool, Dissolved Girl

| PLACE OF BIRTH: |
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania​

| SPECIES: |
    (No-)Homo Virium (Hyperhuman)​

| D.O.B.: |
    September 19th​

| AGE: |
    24​

| SEX: |
    Female​

| SEXUALITY: |
    Asexual​

| APPEARANCE: |
    A distinct woman, indeed. Olivia is somewhere around the average female height, at 5'4, but she has rather thick bones from her racial descent. Which gives her body a bit of width. She's thin, but she has some muscle tone on her limbs. Which is a left-over from her rather athletic upbringing mixed with her rather active lifestyle. She isn't exactly blessed with a super muscular body, but what she has is fairly tight. A tight stomach, and limbs devoid of body fat. However, most wouldn't know because her outfits obscure her body. To most people who look at her, she's a simple thin woman, unaware of the fact that she's rather in shape. She doesn't exactly have the long legs that people idealize, nor does she have long arms (that'd make her look disproportionate). Her legs and her body appear to be the same length. With large, strong, rather masculine hands. Olivia's racial identity isn't obvious at a first glance, as they interpret her as an African-American woman. And her facial structure, skin-tone, and hair do everything to suggest that she's black to. However, her eyes and high, pronounced cheekbones are distinctly Asian. There are plenty of different cultures in Olivia's roots. To be incredible specific, she is Egyptian, Moroccan, Nigerian, Thai, and Japanese. As it's been stated before, it's hard to tell which is which, since some of those roots are rather deep. Not exactly apparent. Her skin is clear of blemishes and scars, aside from a few small scars (Thankfully she's been able to keep scars off her face). However, on her shoulder is a tattoo of a cover to an album she liked in her youth (Psst, she only has the lady). On her back, she has the following phrase in Japanese tattooed "グッド仕事、あなたはいくつかのくだらないオンライン翻訳者を使用して、このすべてを翻訳した。これで、本物の大きな男のように感じる必要があります。メダルをしたいですか?クッキーをしたいですか?私は田舎者の白人野郎のパンのように'日を分配だから。". Olivia's aforementioned facial features are Asian, but her head shape is distinctly oval shaped. Rounded at the top, but gets thinner as it goes down, leading up to a rather round jawline, and a medium sized chin that blends into the jawline somewhat. She has thick lips that are common-place to those with her racial identity, and poke out a lot. They are a light color and don't appear to have any makeup on it. She has a pronounced nose, merely because of the tip pokes out somewhat, with small nostrils in comparison. Her ears are large and rounded, but point inwards, they have creeks and crevices that you would expect of ears of that type. Her cheekbones are high, and round, but the rest of her cheeks blend into her face. However, when we get to her eyes is when we get to another peculiarity of note. She only appears to have one eye. Her other eye is an empty hole, merely a socket. It's usually covered by a black cloth with a red cross on it, wrapped around her forehead to the side of her head. There are some violent slashing scars all around her eye, suggesting it was violently carved out. However, her other eye is perfectly fine. A nice small, brown colored eye. Her forehead is small, and has somewhat of a crescent-moon shape. Olivia's hair is a dark-black color, has an afro-texture, and is straight. They're a bitch to maintain, but Olivia keeps her hair in thick dreadlocks, because she naturally has a lot of long hair.

| CLASSIFICATION: |
    Hype-(Train)​

• | ABILITIES: |
    Sand-Transformation. Olivia can break her body-matter down, partially or completely, into sand sentiments, allowing her body to become light, flexible and extremely durable, while not to the extent of stone. Fortunately, for modesty her clothes and possessions also transform with her. This is a subconscious ability to transmute matter into sand and back without causing any damage. She is remarkably powerful in this form, because of a few abilities. In this state, Olivia has near-limitless control over her body, she can shape it into whatever she pleases. From weapons, to a cloud of dust, to scattering herself over a wide radius, Olivia can do it all. Because of her composition, she is remarkably quick and agile, capable of outmaneuvering humans. So there's a lot of things she can do in the mobility area. She can merge with sand from the environment to her body to give her more size. At the most, she can attain the size of large houses if she has enough sand. As for the offensive uses, they're fairly obvious. Defensively, she is immune to most attacks, is immune to biological based attacks, and dodge rather efficiently. Most importantly, her entire body is homogeneous, meaning no part of the body is any more important than the other. Turning her hands into weapons allow her to smack opponents with remarkable force. Turning into a sandstorm to allow her to slice opponents to bits and pieces. That kind of stuff. One technique she's known for is turning her arms into giant sand clubs, or shooting bits and pieces of her body at high speeds. Another thing I should note is that Olivia's sand body has a bit of strength if she manages to combine with enough sand. Not to say that she'll be throwing haymakers that'd knock down walls.​

| SKILLS: |
    A few of Olivia's skills had stuck to her. She was a natural born athlete. Her upbringing had her participate in sports over feminine things. She played plenty of soccer and basketball... but it hasn't exactly stuck to her since she hasn't played either of them in years. The one thing that has stuck to her was gymnastics. They called her a gymnastic star when she was in school. They said that she would go pro. Because of a few key events in her past, it was deemed necessary for her to learn martial arts. She got into karate at a young age, and wasn't too far away from getting her black belt. However, she's loooong out of practice. But, street fight to street fight, it has stuck to her.​

| LIMITATIONS: |
    All of her abilities are limited by her stamina, and it's much more exhausting than physical activity. The furthest she's able to scatter herself is around ten meters.​

| WEAKNESSES: |
    Yes, yes, Olivia is a beast... in the deserts. Let's be real here, while her power has a lot of potential, most of it's more powerful applications can only be used where there's a large quantity of sand nearby. Otherwise, her abilities are limited. Olivia has a weakness to water. First, if she's drenched in her normal form, then she will be unable to transform. If she's wet while transformed, then she will be susceptible to damage, and her immunity to damage will wear off. Olivia needs all the sand she was made of to transform back. If she doesn't... well, that'd be a missing piece of flesh. Which would bleeding, and extremely painful. While her ability to turn back into a human form is subconscious, it is possible for her to screw up her form when she shifts back into her human body. It's only really possible when Olivia is extremely stressed or emotional. If she turns back into human form all screwed up... well, it ain't gonna be pretty. Since sand is a lightweight and loose material, strong winds can blow her way. Which can give way to the other weakness. The biggest weakness (And the most nonsensical one out of all of them) Olivia has, is that, while she can technically stay transformed indefinitely, she still needs air. If she transforms for too long, she will suffocate and die. Which is why she needs to take a moment to turn back into a human. Fire and ice can also be a problem. Obviously, Olivia retains her temperature when she transform into sand and back. Soooo, if she's too hot/cold, that could present some problems once she transforms back into flesh. The other thing is that an extreme enough heat can melt her into glass and instantly kill her, or destroy a good piece of her body. It depends. Ice can clump her body together and also make her vulnerable to physical attacks.

I should note that the fact that she's missing an eye should be a weakness.​

| APPLICATIONS: |

- Offense. While turning into sand might sound like a strictly defensive abilities, it has plenty of offensive uses. Such as... do you know how it feels to be hit with hundreds of pounds worth of sand? Or getting blinded by a living sandstorm? Yeah, thought so. The one thing she does is turn her limbs into weapons, such as blades, or tentacles with maces at the end of them. One thing you don't want is sentiments coursing through you.

- Defense. Naturally, Olivia has a bitchin' defense. Attacks don't do damage to her. They merely scatter her sand, or break up her current form like your sand castle after your asshole cousin kicked it over.

- Movement. However, her greatest potential has to be her movement. Since sand is extremely flexible, there's plenty she can do with it. Such as flight! Or scattering herself. She's capable of .

- Stealth. Turning into sand has a ton of stealth capabilities if you think about it. Once she turns into sand, she will be nigh-undetectable, as she'll be silent and scentless as sand can be. It's hard as hell to track, anyway.

- Minor Sand-Manipulation. While she can't purely manipulate sand, she's managed to come up with a way to at least shape it. By combining with the sand, she can shape that sand into constructs, such as simple statues of people, walls, and etc. And once she detaches from the sand, she'll have a perfect sand construct.

• | WEAPONS: |
    Olivia does not carry any weapons on her. Unless you would call her cane a weapon....​

| TOOLS: |
    Olivia walks around with a wooden cane that's a family heirloom to her. A thick, dark-brown, natural walnut-wood cane. She uses this to a variety of purposes, from walking around to bashing in a mook's head.​

| ATTIRE: |
    Olivia doesn't exactly have access to a Supersuit or anything. She dressed herself up in a cheap outfit. An all-black robe, with combat boots, and a motorcycle helmet.​
  • | BACKSTORY: |
    There's not much to say about Olivia's early life. She didn't exactly grow up in the best parts of her home city, Philadelphia. Because of circumstance being in a low income family, Olivia had to live in a low income neighborhood. A small apartment in a corner. Being an only child, it was comfortable enough for her and her family. While they still longed for more. Olivia was sent to school and her time there was enjoyable. She made friends, and was pushed into masculine activities by her father, such as sports. She became rather tomboyish in school. Though, she was always picked on for various reasons. Such as her mixed ethnicity, or her rather masculine hobbies. It was something that drove her crazy in school, but her father taught her that lashing out against them was the best way. He taught her a little bit of what he knew of martial arts, specifically karate, as he was bullied too. It put the idea in her head that the best way to handle problems was to sling her fists around and establish it by force. It got her a bit of a reputation, but she continued, as it was something that worked. So why fix it if it isn't broken? Her life continued, but it took a turn, a drastic turn, on her thirteen's birthday. When her latent powers had developed in the worst way possible. She woke up one night, feeling strange. Like she was falling to bits and pieces. She got out of the bed, as her body fell to bits and pieces of sand and roamed towards the bathroom. However, by the time she got there, she had completely turned into nothing but a pile of sand. She was still alive, but couldn't move one bit, it took her days before she realized that she could move her sand, and gathered herself together to form her body. It was a scary and eye-opening experience. Her parents were relieved to had found her; they had suspected that she was kidnapped. Olivia told her parents what happened, and they were surprised to know that their daughter was a Hyperhuman. They had no choice but to tell the police that she had ran away.

But, this was where her life took a turn for the worse. You see, her father has a very bad past with Hyperhumans. All stemming from a very traumatic event at a young age. Putting it in short, he watched his mother was eaten alive by a monstrous Hyperhuman. It bred his fear of Hyperhumans, and had lead him to meet Olivia's mother. He had renounced Olivia, and had done everything he could to get rid of Olivia. He physically abused her, and attempted to take her out of school. Fortunately for Olivia, her mother had acted as a guard to prevent her father from abusing her. She done her best to stop it completely, and convince him that Olivia is still her flesh and blood. But that didn't work, all it did was stop him from doing so in her presence. Olivia on the other hand was conflicted. She couldn't bring herself to fight him like she did anyone else. Her mother had encouraged her to practice her power, but behind closed doors. She didn't know what would happen if word got out that she was a Hyper. That's what it became, a hobby on the side for her to practice and master. Another thing, she was signed up for karate lessons to help her defend against her father when he decides to attack her. Along with an outlet for her angered emotions. Whatever kept her away from her father.

No matter what happened. Living in the same house as him was certainly uncomfortable for Olivia. Whenever she tried to talk to him, she'd get pushed away. On her seventh's birthday, her life took another downturn. While Olivia was at school, her mother was the victim of gang violence. Men broke into their apartment, and violently attacked Olivia's mother. They had beaten her badly enough that she had received brain damage. They left her there, fortunately the police and an ambulance was called - they had left long before either arrived. But Olivia didn't know a thing until her father had abruptly taken her out of school and to the hospital. Olivia was heartbroken... and angered. She didn't know what to do, she had more or less dropped out of school (She continued her karate lessons long as she could). Her father had turned to liquor, but Olivia had taken up other hobbies to deal with the grief. Put that superpower and karate training to good use. Night after night, Olivia set out to go find any thug and criminal she sees, and beat the living daylights out of them. She used her power to discretely arrive and leave, so it was hard for them to track her. It was so cathartic, making these criminals feel the pain that she had felt. She did this for months, as her mother's state had decayed more and more (Her father was keeping her on life support, hoping some miracle cure will come around). However, one day, it all changed. She came home one night, and tried to slip into bed, only for her father to attack her with a knife. Blaming her for all of his problems. It was a desperate struggle, and Olivia was so scared that she had forgotten all about her training. He managed to carve out her eye with his knife. Before her father could carve her to pieces some more, the police had kicked down the door and arrested him. She stuck around the police station until she used her power to sneak out the bathroom.

Leaving Olivia all alone.

With no mother or father, Olivia had little reason to stay around. Her mother would surely be taken off life support, and Olivia didn't want to be bounced around the foster care system for the few months she had left until she was eighteen. She went back to her apartment and grabbed everything that had value to her, breaking everything that had value to her father. But in the middle of her vandalism spree, she had called her Aunt, who had lived in Crescent City on the West Coast (WORD!) and made one desperate plea for a place to stay. They accepted it, and paid for her plane tickets over there. She left, but, as one last insult to her father, she took her Grandmother's old cane with her as she left. If that bastard took her eye, then she'll take the last thing he has to remember his monster. Olivia left Philadelphia, leaving behind her past for a new one. She arrived in Crescent City, hours later. It was a new and unfamiliar city, with people she only knew from family reunions, but they've taken her under their wing. Olivia's life got much better here. She was eighteen, and couldn't go to college really, but she took a job as a waitress to save up money for her own place to stay. The next few years that went went by relatively well. Nothing eventful.

By the time Olivia was twenty-one, she moved out of the house and into a low-end apartment - whatever she could buy with a waitress income. The weather storms that ravaged the city took a toll on everyone. Except for the criminals that had preyed on them. Olivia learned that her Aunt and Uncle were attacked by a gang and sent to the ICU. Olivia was, once again, outraged. She had no choice, with all these criminals out here, but to take action herself...

• - Strangely enough, this song inspired me to make Olivia. So I guess it doubles as her themesong.

• | [CHARACTER NAME] | [IMPRESSION] | [RELATIONSHIP] | [BRIEF SUMMARY OF RELATIONSHIP] |

Last edited:
Classification is supposed to mention what type of hype or magni they are. Like, Juno (I think that's your classification here) :)

Classification is supposed to mention what type of hype or magni they are. Like, Juno (I think that's your classification here) :)

Eh, I think it's more of a Neptune since sand is kind of an elemental power. The CS really treats it like an elemental more than a biological manipulation. An Orcus would probably be closer than a Juno but I really think that Neptune is the true classifier here.

Fair enough, I'm not quite familiar with the Neptune, Orcus, and such XD

Hype train isn't a classification? =(

Neptune it is, then.

I like trains.

Today I found out that chocolate and a gym circuit both help you feel better when you have a cold. Still feeling a bit crap, but better than I was this morning.

Reactions: Lord Wraith
Yeah! An IC post!

Oh in case it wasn't clear by my last post, the storm will be increasing in fury. The temperature will be dropping as well so freezing rain and sleet and will be new weather effects to watch out for as they begin to coat the city in a layer of ice and slush.

I edited out the posting bit because I was like "wait, should I? Don't want to get too ahead of the timeline" but I've evidently gotten the go ahead so cool.

I edited out the posting bit because I was like "wait, should I? Don't want to get too ahead of the timeline" but I've evidently gotten the go ahead so cool.
Well I mean as long as its clearly stated where you are in the timeline I don't mind unless you end up a week ahead. But I mean if for whatever reason you need to go into Tuesday feel free to do so. You're not affecting anyone else at the moment so it shouldn't be a problem. I'll sync us all up again when necessary.

Noted for future reference. I probably will post then, because if i don't, my cold will probably develop into a full blown chest infection or flu or something that leaves me too sick to post, knowing my luck. Hopefully it doesn't though, because I've got work experience next week. Although it is in a pharmacy...

Noted for future reference. I probably will post then, because if i don't, my cold will probably develop into a full blown chest infection or flu or something that leaves me too sick to post, knowing my luck. Hopefully it doesn't though, because I've got work experience next week. Although it is in a pharmacy...
Herbal tea is your friend! I recommend peppermint tea personally.

Pretty sure that all we have in the house at the moment is regular tea. My sister is the only one who would really drink herbal tea and she's at uni. I'll dose up on hot drinks and make sure to get a decent night's sleep, I tend to get over these things quick enough. Except for that time I had a cough for like a month straight, but I wasn't sick with that.

Funnily enough, it cleared up after a week working in a pharmacy.

Man, Abby works in a violent place.

Nah, he's just an asshole. Although that taunting probably wasn't the nicest thing to do. And I wanted to get across a bit more of Abby's personality and start building the idea that all is not as it seems.

But yeah, in hindsight, there was a lot of slapping in that post. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.