Vieuxpont Academy for the Supernatural {IC}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caoimhe Hambledon
Time: 10:45am
Interacting with: @Tarieles

"Very nice to meet you, Caoimhe. That's a name I have not heard in some time." He said, smiling a bit. Caoimhe smirked back, smoothly replying with "Aye, because Caoimhe is a REAL common name. Like Susy." Presumably, the other man didn't understand her, because he responded with "I'm Sable. I am just called Sable." Caoimhe made a mental note of the name, struggling to hear him through the throng of students headed towards the gym.

"So, Scottish then? I once was friends with many." He said, slowing his pace towards the gym. First good sign; the bloke likes scots. Caoimhe didn't really feel like prowling around on her own, so it seemed promising. The second good sign was the face he had slowed down a little, which meant he wasm ore interested in the conversation. "If you don't find it too forward, may I ask what manner of creature you are?"

"Selkie, born an' raised in the South-East. Deceptive, I know - I havenae got the physique to be half walrus." With that, Caoimhe let loose a ripple of rambunctious laughter and shook her mass of frizzy hair in amusement. "What about you, though? Wait, no, lemme guess - elf, right?" she asked curiously, grinning with enthusiasm.

"I myself am a demon. Though don't worry, I don't harm the living unless I have to." Contrary to the expectations of Sable, Caoimhe's eyes lit up with amazement as she started to hop excitedly from foot to foot, an excited chuckle of disbelief escaping her lips. "A real life demon?! I was thinkin'...horns an' fangs! Thick black fur! The uh, the big forks an' stuff! But yer a REAL looker, Sable, I was certain you were an elf!"

Sold - there was no way a demon would be averse to rule-breaking, in Caoimhe's biased opinion. She decided to get right down to business, slowing down to pretty much a stop, more of a very slow stroll. "Uh, listen, Sable - yer not...actually thinkin' of going to this silly welcome-speech thing, aye? 'Cause I heard the weird telepathic thing and I realised that, well-..." Caoimhe trailed off, reading Sable closely. She started to have doubts - for a demon, he seemed remarkably 'goody-two-shoes' for her linking. "Everyone in the Academy's going to this meeting, right? Even the teachers. Which means the whole place is gonna be empty for a good hour or so 'till people filter out an' start doing stuff."

"Now, before you get uppity, hear me out," added Caoimhe hastily, smiling warmly at Sable. She knew all too well how people may be reluctant to break rules - half of her friends started off with the uncertain, wary face that she was expecting to crop up on Sable's angular features any moment now. "A school like this is bound to have some secrets. Not dangerous stuff, mind you, else they wouldn't have opened the Academy in the first place. I'm talkin' about the kitchens, or some sort of unauthorized area in the library with really important books, or some magical bathroom. Y'know, like Hogwarts. And besides," Caoimhe spread her arms out in a grand gesture, looking around the corridor searchingly for dramatic effect. "Are we breaking any rules at all? Creepy mind-man jes' said to 'be ready to meet' in the gym, he never said anythin' about actually going. And, uh, between you an' me, I think an 'access-all-areas' tour of the Academy would be WAY more useful than watchin' a bloody powerpoint presentation."

Caoimhe was proud of her little speech. For her, tiny little things like these were brilliant indicators of who she should extend alliances to - if Sable wasn't gutsy enough to do something as safe as this, then it would only be wise of Caoimhe just left him to his own devices and didn't get him caught in the cross-fire. "It's your choice, but make it quickly, 'cause I'm not going to wait up much longer."

"Kiara...Quite a pretty name, I must say. You can tell a lot about people by their names," Enzo commented. He was about to say something else when one of the staff members came up to him, displeased with the fact that he'd left his door duties to talk to a student for an extended period of time, leaving them with the job to greet the masses of students flooding in. The professor sighed and rolled his eyes, patting the staff member on the back.

"Oh, come now. I don't even have any more of those little-" Enzo stopped midsentence as he looked down at his hands which were grasping a stack of Vieuxpont Orientation pamphlets that he hadn't realized he was still holding onto.

"........."

Enzo turned back to Kiara, scratching his head and laughing, all the while embarrassed at how unaware he'd been.

"Well then! Ms. Duffy! It has been quite a pleasure to meet you, however it seems I am still terribly busy and must still meet everyone else! There are still quite a few students I have not introduced myself to. Speaking of which, you should probably grab a seat before they all fill up! Anyways, it was nice conversing with you, and I do hope you decide to show up to my class! You are always welcome!" With a quick smile and a little wave, Enzo bounded back into the crowds, unknowingly dropping pamphlets on the ground as he went. Withing moments he was back to shaking hands and greeting students, just as he'd been doing only moments earlier. Only this time, his smile was a little bit brighter, and a little more genuine. His conversation with Kiara had left him in a positive mood, as well as a reflective one, and although he would have loved to finish his conversation, there were other still many other students to attend to. He had a feeling, however, that they would chat again soon.

@XxCalypsoKittyxX

Interactions: Professor Verillian (@QuakeUPSB ) -finishing conversation-

Kiara blushed a bit, a grin spreading across her face ear-to-ear. When the professor turned back to Kiara after being approached by another staff member, she nodded understandingly and waved as he bounded away. "Yes, sir! I'll be sure to attend your class. It was nice talking to you, too." Kiara strolled over to the bleachers, reading the pamphlet Professor Verillian had handed her. She couldn't wait to start taking classes, especially his. Luckily, Kiara didn't walk into anything (or anyone) as she read. She took a seat in the third row, still reading as other students conversed with everyone around them. She wasn't interested in anymore chit-chat, not with any of the students at least. She knew a teacher would be at least somewhat respectful and kind, but the students were a different story. Kiara didn't really like the unpredictability of some people, it just irked her. She looked up from the pamphlet for a brief moment, glancing around at all the staff, to Professor Verillian greeting students, to the decorations. She felt much more comfortable after that conversation, and she was glad she had decided to be extra-cheery on this first day at Vieuxpont. It was shaping up to be a pretty decent beginning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Quake
11:00

divider9.png
Checking his watch, and noticing that most of the students had arrived, Anael cleared his throat, turned on the microphone, and tapped it. It was indeed on. "Well, first I'd like to say, welcome to Vieuxpont Academy." He started quickly, the chatter quieting down as he spoke. "I am your Dean. My name is Anael Vieuxpont. I am an archangel. I have been the Dean of this school for many decades." He looked to his professors, and smiled a bit. "This place is where young students like you come to learn about yourselves, and achieve your full potential. It is also a safe haven, even for those who do not attend. You will be protected inside, and outside, of these walls." He gestured to the professors. "All professors are here to help you. I am here to help you, as well." He looked down at some papers. "Here at Vieuxpont, we do not shun students for being themselves. We are a very open community. That being said, we do also have rules and policies in place. Nothing that people shouldn't be able to follow, mostly things about not murdering fellow students." He gave a soft chuckle. Noticing his small joke was not well received, he moved on.

"This," He held up a bright blue sheet of paper, "Is our rules and regulations. You will be given a packet on your way out. It will hold this information." He held up a white sheet. "These are classes, times, and where they will be held. You should have already signed up for them. If not, you can talk to someone in our admissions office, and they will be able to help you." He then held a yellow sheet up. "These are times of when food will be served, addresses of popular places to eat in the nearby town, and on the back are times and places for extracurricular activities." He gestured to the large orcish woman near him. "You will notice that there is sparring available. If you are interested or have questions, please ask Miss Bloodsong here. I assure you, she is much more friendly than her name suggests." He chuckled again, looking to the bleacher full of students. "Does anyone have any questions so far?"

post-divider.png
Needing to leave, Urzul simply jotted down directions for James, and announced that she had to get going. She made her way to the gym, giving Enzo a respectful nod as she went to sit in the line of chairs next to Anael. The chair creaked under her weight, but held firm. She was smiling pretty much the whole time. When Anael mentioned sparring, and joked about her name, she laughed, giving the kids a wave. She knew her name sounded scary. She embraced it. She also allowed them to call her Urzul, leaving her scary last name for those who misbehave. They knew, if she ever told them to call her Miss Bloodsong, they were in deep shit. And that was exactly how she liked to keep it.

699f0e01c4efb8cb0de74b40c47e79f7
Paris had made it to the gym just in time. She grabbed a pamphlet, and made her way to a spot near the front, where no one seemed to want to sit. Not as soon as she planted her butt had the Dean started his speech. She listened intently, noting how young the man looked. He said he was an angel, so that did explain things. She looked around the gym, looking at all the different people. Everyone was so different. It was nice, that creatures could just come together and work as a whole. She cast her eyes on the orc woman. She had never met an orc, but assumed they were all brutish thugs who raped and pillaged. Apparently not all of them.

blood-divider-01.png
Sable laughed a bit at her excitement of him being a demon. "Well, I can definitely look scary if I want to." He told her. "Horns and fangs, but not black fur or big forks." He then nodded understandably. "Aye, I'm often mistaken for an elf or some other such creature. Which is good. Better an elf than a demon in public." He looked her over. "Haven't met a Selkie. Then again, I stayed away from the shorelines for the most part. Never met many sea creatures at all. So I wouldn't exactly be the best judge of what you should look like." He listened to her speak, talking about not going to the meeting. He was at first going to protest, but he thought about it for a bit. She was right, they technically wouldn't be breaking any rules. He was already signed up for his classes, and he could find his own way around.

"Bugger, why not? I'm a century old. No real harm could come of this." He nodded. "I'll come with. Can even hide us in case of emergency." He said, then veered off the path. "Where would you like to start?"

divider.png
Nicholas made his way into the gym, finding a place in the back. He crossed his arms, and listened. He tuned out a little, not really caring all that much, but he still got enough of the information. Sparring would definitely be fun. He was also glad about being able to leave campus. The last school he was at treated them like inmates. They weren't allowed to leave the grounds except with very specific permissions. Everyone ignored those rules, but it was still really annoying if you got caught out trying to get a milkshake. Of course, the teachers could leave when they wanted. But not the students. He perked up a bit when he asked about questions, looking around the room.

(Sorry to all I was talking to and brushed off, but we have to get going.)

Reactions: :Cosmic: and Quake
Kiara looked up from the pamphlet at the Dean, who had begun speaking. She smiled, enjoying how he spoke about students being themselves and being protected. Kiara laughed a little when he said not to murder other students, but quickly stopped as she noticed no one else had really found it funny. She cleared her throat, pretending she hadn't found it funny either, just to look a bit more..."Normal", you could say. If anyone attending a school for supernatural beings could be considered normal in any way. As he mentioned Miss Bloodsong, Kiara looked over, smiling. Despite the fact that others may have found her name frightening, Kiara thought it was lovely. The orcish woman looked very pretty, although Kiara couldn't exactly look over all her features from where she was sitting. She did indeed seem friendly. Kiara had never met an orc, in fact, she had mostly only encountered other spirits, goblins, and witches. There was an occasional pixie back in Waterford hanging around the castle, but there weren't many. Kiara tapped her feet, her hands neatly folded on her lap as she looked around when the Dean asked if anyone had questions. Kiara didn't know what she would ask, or if she really had any questions that couldn't be answered by a little reading.

Enzo was leaning against the wall, arms crossed, smiling. He had meant to be up near the podium with the rest of the instructors, but he'd gotten caught up ushering students in and hadn't made it in time. Considering the orientation had started, it wouldn't be professional or respectful to just walk up while the Dean was speaking. So he simply watched from the back of the gym. As his eyes panned across the room, he noticed that it was quite full. He knew there would be more students this year, but he hadn't realized it would be this many. Hopefully there weren't any incidents this year. He looked up as the Dean asked if anyone had questions. It was clear that there was a bit of an uncomfortable aura in the air, and Enzo hoped someone would break the silence with a question.

divider9.png
With no questions, Anael returned to his speech. "Well, none of you have to worry about a large scale introduction. However, I will introduce our professors..." He glanced around the room, noting some of them were not around. "Well, those who decided to show up, anyway." He sighed softly. The fact that some weren't there made him worry a bit. Hopefully the students wouldn't think badly of the school. He picked up some of the papers, using his telekinesis to send them to the students. It was the map. "You can have this one, the ones in your folders at the door will be a spare. However, the other information will have to be from the folder." He cleared his throat, then gestured to teachers. "Alright, well this fine young lady is Urzul Bloodsong. She will be your physical education professor and sparring overseer." He looked around for Enzo, then saw him at the back. He gestured for him to come forward. "Enzo, come on up. This is Enzo Verillian. He will be teaching Anti-Magic, such as how to resist spells and other magical effects." He nodded, then gestured to himself. "I teach Combat Against the Undead, and my co-teacher is High Arch-Lich Vor'zul. We will prepare you for encounters with dangerous undead."

Anael spent the rest of the time introducing the professors that were around. It took the remainder of the time there. "In closing, if anyone has any questions, just find a professor, and you can ask whatever you need." He then gestured to the door. "Otherwise, I welcome you to my academy, try not to terrorize the staff. I'll see you on Monday for classes. Don't forget to pick up your folder." He stepped down from the podium, and headed to the door, where he could better answer questions. People were already filing out and picking up their information folders that were being handed to them. It was so far running quite smoothly.

The time is now 12:00

post-divider.png
After the speech, which Urzul thought was wonderfully spoken, the orc woman also went towards the doors. Here, she would stay to answer questions about sparring. She nodded to Anael, who was shaking hands of people as they went by. Occasionally, some would ask her about sparring. She was excited for the next couple days. She could plan out her schedule, talk with some students, get to know new professors, and talk to old friends. It was an exciting time for her. This was her main source of social interaction, after all.

Paris stood, going out of the doors, and grabbing a folder as she left. She walked outside, basking in the sun, all while reading some of the papers. The maps would definitely come in handy. She generally got lost pretty easily. She was also excited about sparring. She wanted to keep her skills strong. She hadn't trained since before she started to pack for the academy. That had been roughly two weeks ago.

As she was walking, Paris wasn't paying too much attention. She glanced upward, however it had been too late. She crashed into a person that had been walking in front of her. "Oh mon Dieu!" She exclaimed, taking a quick step back. "I am so sorry!" She apologized, clutching the literature to her chest. "I didn't see you there. My apologies." She added, giving an apologetic smile.

blood-divider-01.png
After a small amount of exploring with his newfound friend, Sable soon saw people were starting to seep out from the gym. "Seems our adventures are at an end." He muttered, then sighed a bit. He would need to find someone to see if he missed anything. That wouldn't be too much of an issue, though. He looked over at the red head, smiling a bit. "Well, it has been fun." He told her, starting to head in the directions of the dorms. "But I suppose I should find someone to see if I missed anything important. Doubtful, but there is that chance." He turned, gesturing for her to follow. "You can come with if you'd like. If not, I suppose I'll see you around."
@Ythania

divider.png
Nicholas stood, grabbed the folder from the people at the door, and left the gym, going outside. He decided to just stay in his dorm for a short while. While there, he practiced with his lightning a bit. He arced it from hand to hand, gently stretching it and shortening it. He touched the light socket, and the light in his room dimmed. He pulled away, making it brighter again. After a short while, he went to the mirror he had hung. He took a deep breath, and left his room. He should go socialize.

He stood outside for a while, just staring at the sky and the clouds meandering by. He then looked around the campus. It had gotten busy again, lots of people wandering around. He vaguely wondered where that Illithid went but the thought went from his mind almost as quickly as it came.

With the orientation over, Enzo headed out the bay doors and strolled down towards the cafeteria. He hadn't eaten breakfast because he'd been so busy, and now he was quite hungry. Normally he'd eat in his classroom, but as this was the first day of the new school year, he figured he'd try something different.

Arriving at the cafeteria, he grabbed a couple fruits and a platter of salad. After seating himself, he pulled out a small book from his coat pocket and began reading to himself...

[fieldbox=On the Way to the Library, blue, dashed]
Jude checked his watch. Orientation should be over by now. Besides, he had most of his work done now. He gathered his belongings and stuffed the papers and notebook into his backpack. He wasn't sure where he was supposed to go now since he had finished and the students were being let out of orientation. Part of him was excited while another terrified. This would be the first time he's taught non-human students. The experience would be invaluable for the future, or at least that's what Jude imagined when he accepted the position. Jude exited the library without bumping into anyone. Part of being an angel of death...sorry, ex-angel of death was that his presence was diminished even to non-humans. Jude was able to slip through the halls without anyone really noticing him. Most overlooked his presence, while some simply didn't notice him at all. He sort of enjoyed that aspect of his being.

Jude sauntered to the dining hall and quickly picked out a salad. Since forever he's been vegan. It's a choice that most didn't care for too much. Jude simply doesn't like the taste of meat and dairy has always posed a slight problem for him. He never understood that though. Despite being an angel, he had stomach issues. With the salad in hand, Jude took a seat at an empty table. He placed his belongings at his feet beneath the table and poured dressing onto the greens. With another plate, Jude mixed the dressing into the salad. By now, he had salad dressing down to a science; not too much, not too little. Once he was satisfied with his meal, Jude took his fork and began to eat.

[/fieldbox]

Interactions: Nicholas (@Tarieles )

As Kiara began walking out the doors, she took a folder and continued on, deciding to go outside. She was startled by the amount of people that were strolling about the campus. She pushed on, though, walking up to a man who was staring up at the sky. Kiara stood next to him and began staring as well. "Lovely, nach bhfuil sé?" Kiara smiled, looking over at the man for a moment. Her eyes widened and she lightly hit her forehead with the palm of her hand. "Oh, sorry! Don't mind the Irish, I just wanted to say how lovely the weather is." Kiara continued staring up, squinting against the sun as her long, wavy red hair hit the bottom of her back. She had forgotten to get sunglasses from her dorm, but it was too late now. A conversation had already been started. She looked at him again, mostly because her neck was beginning to ache from staring at the sky. "Oh, I love your hair! Sorry if that sounds dumb, it's just so wonderful." Kiara felt more awkward than she had all day saying this, but she figured it would help to be nice.

12:30 PM

post-divider.png
Seeing that no one else seemed to be on a need to know basis about sparring, Urzul made her way to the cafeteria. She got a pretty balanced lunch, though got more meat than average. Her plate was enough for roughly three people, as that's what she needed. Looking around, she saw good ol' Enzo. She plopped down next to him, starting in on her food. "Well, first day went off without a hitch, eh?" She said, glancing around again. That's when she saw Jude. She raised her hand in the air. "Yo Jude! Should c'mere and sit with us!" She called over to the young man.

Urzul was a very friendly woman, and it showed wherever she went. "Gonna be glad to get back into the groove of teaching and training. And I'm excited for refereeing." She gulped down a hunk of beef from the stew. "You gonna be participating in spars, Enzo?"
@QuakeUPSB @abalint

divider.png
Nicholas glanced over at the girl who had approached him. He nodded slowly. "Yes, it's quite nice out." He told her, not entirely confused about the Irish. He had heard some when he lived in England, so he knew what it sounded like. He didn't know what anything meant, but he could at least identify Irish when he heard it. He put a hand up to his hair, looking down a bit sadly, but returning his facade to normal. "Thank you. It took a good long while to get it to this length." He held out a hand carefully. "I'm Nicholas." He figured he could at least be nice.

Reactions: :Cosmic: and Quake
[fieldbox=Eating in Cafeteria, blue, dashed]
Jude looked up at the sound of his name. He glanced over in the direction of the voice and noticed Urzul and Enzo. He met them briefly when he applied and when teachers had meetings. If his memory was correct, the half-orc was the PE professor and the shapeshifter was the anti-magic professor. Since there wasn't much else to do, Jude decided to join them. He didn't get a chance to really talk to anyone yet [with exception to the head-master who hired him]. Jude picked up his lunch and back pack and walked over to the other two.

"Hello," he said politely, a smile appearing across his face. It was a genuine smile that most seemed to trust. His hair hung loosely about his eyes, forcing him to push it back. He took his seat and began to listen to the conversation. Obviously Urzul was excited about something. He wondered if it was just the start of school or was it something more? Nevertheless, Jude didn't say much. He ate his salad much like anyone else. There wasn't anything really fancy nor barbaric about him. @Tarieles @QuakeUPSB

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Enzo greeted Urzul and Jude when they sat down. "Yes, I suppose today did go rather well," he replied, putting his book away. It was nice to see his fellow professors. The day had been quite busy, leaving them with little time to talk among themselves. Now that everything had slowed down, it felt good to share a meal with them.

"Yes, I suppose I will. Last year I sat out for personal reasons, but this time? I don't see why not. It will be a good bit of training. I honestly have been feeling a bit rusty as of late, so it will make for good practice," Enzo replied. Grabbing a small napkin, he wiped his mouth before finishing the remaining pieces of food he had left. "What about you, Jude? Will we see you out there?"

@Tarieles @abalint

12:35 PM

divider9.png
With the meeting concluded, Anael made his way out of the gym. It was a beautiful day, and it would be just a shame to spend the whole day inside. He took a deep breath, and put on a small smile, walking towards the parking lot just to make sure that no one else had arrived and was lost. Today had gone as smoothly as he could have hoped. No questions, meaning that everyone hopefully understood. It was probably one of the better starts of the year.

post-divider.png
Urzul nodded to Jude. "Hey there. How are you liking our fine little establishment?" She asked, referring to the school. "Can seem a little intimidating at first." She added, turning to Enzo and giving a smile when he said he would probably join in. "Nice. Jude, you should definitely join in on the sparring. It gets pretty intense and fun. But don't worry, I'm there to make sure things don't get out of control."

She rather quickly finished her meal, but kept her area clean. She may have been a barbarian, but she enjoyed keeping things clean (even if she was a little bad at it). She had the need to visit her favorite patisserie for some cake, but that would come later. Perhaps that night.

blood-divider-01.png
After the meeting, Sable walked outside. The sun was bright, and he didn't like it. He decided to scurry away into the library again. There were many interesting books that he wanted to look at, but didn't get the chance to. He found a small section on shadow magic, which was similar to his own demonic shadows. He mostly wanted new ways to use his abilities. Shadow travel was nice, but he felt he could do so much more with it.

Paris stood, going out of the doors, and grabbing a folder as she left. She walked outside, basking in the sun, all while reading some of the papers. The maps would definitely come in handy. She generally got lost pretty easily. She was also excited about sparring. She wanted to keep her skills strong. She hadn't trained since before she started to pack for the academy. That had been roughly two weeks ago.

As she was walking, Paris wasn't paying too much attention. She glanced upward, however it had been too late. She crashed into a person that had been walking in front of her. "Oh mon Dieu!" She exclaimed, taking a quick step back. "I am so sorry!" She apologized, clutching the literature to her chest. "I didn't see you there. My apologies." She added, giving an apologetic smile.

[fieldbox=Eating at the Cafeteria, blue, dashed]
Jude didn't consider and wouldn't consider sparing. It was too dangerous in his opinion. His powers would make it difficult for him to fight properly and he couldn't guarantee the safety of the opponent. Now it wasn't like Jude was saying he was a better fighter, heck he was probably one of the worst since he was so out of practice, but he didn't like the thought of causing an accident. [If he makes physical contact with anyone he 'steals' their time, ultimately death] With a smile, Jude replied, "No, I think I'll pass. I'm not a fighter really. Besides, I have enough on my plate as a first time teacher." He didn't want to disappoint his colleges, so he added, "I will make appearances to watch though. I think that would be a good trade off don't you?" The question was directed at either of the other professors sitting at the table.

Jude finished his salad and put the fork on the empty plate. When they left, he'd throw away the trash. It was a good salad. He also enjoyed the large space of the cafeteria. It was much nicer than what he was used to on the streets, but then again he enjoyed when more people were around. At least now, he could enjoy the company of the other two professors.

[/fieldbox]

Interactions: Nicholas (@Tarieles )

Kiara turned, noticing his extended hand. She shook it, smiling. "My name is Kiara. It's a pleasure to meet you, Nicholas." She let go of his hand and rocked forward on her tip-toes, then slowly fell back on her heels before standing normally again. Her right hand seemed to become a bit translucent, but Kiara quickly noticed and snapped her fingers a few times to make it return to normal. She let out a nearly silent awkward chuckle. "Anyways... Would you be interested in joining me for lunch, by any chance?" Kiara shrugged a bit to herself. Why not? The worst this guy could do was say "no, thank you". Kiara didn't think this way quite often, though, and immediately after she asked her heart had begun thumping so loudly in her chest that she could've sworn Nicholas would be able to hear it. Her hands shook as she folded them behind her back. The spirit thought of the most horrible ways to be rejected, believing that that's what would happen. Her eyes widened as she said this word in her mind. Rejection. Rejection. Rejection. Leave me alone! The little Spook, rejected by her peers and left to her science and silly knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.