Vieuxpont Academy for the Supernatural {IC}

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Provolik. Is there something you wanna tell me?" Volita asked, cocking an eyebrow at the older fairy, whose hands were gripping the steering wheel of their ironic VW Bug.

"Nope." He grumbled, trying his best to sound nonchalant, but the words seemed like they were practically forced passed his lips.

"Are you sure? Cause you look like you're gonna cry." Volita pressed, screwing her lips to the side. They were parked right in the parking lot of Vieuxpont Academy, and had actually gotten their kind of early, but Provolik had yet to unlock her door and the master lock was broken on her side.

"I'm not gonna cry." The male muttered. "But...You know, maybe Alice was right. Maybe you should be home schooled." He said in a rush, referring to the earlier words of the witch they lived with on the outskirts of the meadow.

"You can't do home school for college, Provolik. Besides, what would I even major in? 'How to be a shut in forever and ever and ever' with a minor in 'loser-ology'?" Volita snickered at her own joke and her mentor cracked a tiny smile. "Listen, everything is gonna be great. And with me out of the picture, you can finally get it on with Alice." She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively while mimicking bed spring sounds. Provolick's dark skin flushed completely red for a moment and he hastily unlocked her door.

"I don't--that's not--Shuddup." He grumbled under his breath, waiting for her to get her stuff out the back before peeling out of the parking lot. Volita laughed loudly, and grabbed her things, which wasn't much really. Living with a witch who used to work in retail had it's perks, so her two bags were packed efficiently and with charms to make them take up less space.

And now to find her dorm! Volita weaved through the crowd of students, and headed for the female wing.

Vor'Zul was in the library, it was both hard to miss him, and hard to spot him. Once he made himself known it was pretty hard to miss him. He was drifting about 12 foot off the ground between cases, picking and choosing books seemingly at random, the topics ranged from practical application of magic in its most basic forms right the way through to infinite complexities of fusing magic and modern technologies. He spotted Sable and paused, It was rare to see a student in here. He made a gesture and the massive collection of books he'd chosen disappeared in a soft 'wuf' noise of displaced air.

He lowered himself to the ground, His clawed food-pads clicked softly as he touched down a little behind Sable and smiled, not that you could see it, His face was eternally inscrutable as were the rest of any of his features. due to his standard mouth-parts being built for devouring skulls and brains he spoke through telepathy, his voice just formed inside Sable's mind, giving a vague idea of direction "Greetings....." There was a pause and Sable felt something, or someone rifle through his mind "Student Sable. You are in the Library, yet you do not have your reading list, Do you seek to do research?" He asked. He was wondering how Sable would react. He KNEW that Sable had never seen a Illithid, or lich, Let alone a Alhoon like himself.

divider9.png
"And I am Anael, I am an archangel." The angel spoke. He felt no need for students to constantly call him formally. He knew it was a long name, and he didn't mind being called by his own name. "While I mostly only run the school, I do teach a Combat Against the Undead with the High Arch-Lich Vor'Zul." While he was on the opposite spectrum of their Alhoon friend, he respected all of his professors, and therefore called them what they wished to be called. It was unnecessary spite to not do so. If Vor'Zul wanted to be referred to by his full title, he had no reason not to respect that wish.

Anael did not comment when she mentioned her "sex fests". He just felt relieved that she seemed at least moderately responsible. "Ah, no, I should be getting back to my duties. It seems most everyone is finding their way around. I need to prep for the school gathering. It will be soon, I'll send out an announcement." He mentioned, nodding lightly. "Yes, Lucifer is quite... Mortifying. I do wish our brother would have stayed as beautiful as he once was, but it was not to be." He nodded to her. "I will be going. It was a pleasure." And with that, he turned and left.

He made his way back into the main area, and to the gymnasium. Some of the staff members were decorating it with simple streamers and balloons of black and gold. A podium stood in the middle, with chairs to each side for the professors to sit. One one side, bleachers had been pulled down for the students. This was where the opening ceremony would take place. Nothing very fancy, but he thought it was a good step in making them feel like it was a real school.
@LoliNinja

post-divider.png
Urzul towered over him, though the look on her face was nothing threatening. In fact, it was a bit of a smile. "Okay, I assume you need to find your room?" She asked, then held out her hand. "I can take you to the dorms. Do you know your room number?" She asked. "Should have been in the papers you were sent." This wasn't an uncommon occurrence, someone getting lost. It was a huge school. She got lost a few times when she was a student here.

"By the way, I'm Miss Bloodsong. Call me Urzul though. I only make no good slackers call me by my last name." She gave a grin that said she was totally serious. "I run sparring matches and teach Physical Education classes. So, you'll probably be seeing a bit of me, especially if you come to watch matches." She started off, leading him to the dorms. They weren't far off at all.
@TragicTrees

699f0e01c4efb8cb0de74b40c47e79f7
As Paris walked, she noticed that this place wasn't quite as busy as her last school. It made her a little sad, because she loved large crowds, but she'd deal. "I know you think large crowds are dumb." She spoke softly to seemingly nothing. She shook her head and laughed a little. Having enough of a romp, she decided to continue exploring in the buildings. She made her way towards the dorms again, this time seeing someone that caught her eye. "Whoa, are you a fairy?" She asked the girl with the beautiful wings. "Your wings- They're beautiful." She gushed, eyeing them. She knew she couldn't touch them, obviously. They were butterfly wings.

"I'm Paris." She said, holding out a hand, her French accent pretty obvious. "I'm a Light Mage. It is good to meet you." She loved the creatures of the light, especially fairies and mermaids. Her cousin was a mermaid, so it only made sense.
@Thingtastic

blood-divider-01.png
Taking a book off the shelf and flipping through it, Sable quickly closed it again when he felt a presence behind him. He turned, looking up at the creature before him. His mind raced for a explanation of what he was. He eventually decided on Illithid. He had read about them and seen rough sketches, but he had never actually seen or met one before. He looked him over, noticing his presence felt like his own; very dead. Perhaps an undead? He definitely wasn't a demon.

"I was actually looking around." He spoke simply. His deep red eyes scanned Vor'Zul, before finally settling on his face. "I find libraries to be calming. I'll likely be spending much time here." He added, book still in hand. It was one dedicated to Herbology. He actually didn't mind the theories and looking at some ways to plant specific plants. It was interesting to him. He turned, and put it back. "You know my name, may I know yours? I'm afraid I can't read minds like you." Sable wasn't completely adverse to mind readers. Though, he did feel bad for them if they managed to dig far enough into his head. There was always something nasty brewing there, whether it be his human counterpart that was locked away and screaming, or his very own memories from Hell.
@EddiEddi

divider.png
After finishing up fixing a shirt's button, Nicholas stood again, and left his room. As he passed another, he heard someone, a professor from the sound of it, talking about what he taught. Magical Arts. So he'd likely see whoever it was in the days to come. As he walked past, he glanced into the room, but didn't stop. Instead, he decided to head into the library, maybe find some books about his abilities that he could read.

As he opened the door, he froze at the sight of an Illithid. He knew of them. He was warned about them growing up. Not taking any risks, he immediately used his own telepathic abilities to block his mind. It was an art he had been practicing for some time, with his father around. He had nearly perfected it. Perhaps this was fate's way of testing his skill. He felt confident, though. He wasn't too worried. There may have been information he didn't want stolen, but he kept that locked in the furthest reaches of his mind. He stiffly walked past the two, towards the books that were advertised as Spellcasting. Scanning through them, he easily found one that had to do with lightning and electricity. Just what he wanted.
@EddiEddi

Reactions: Mundane Monster
@Tarieles

"Ah, I see. Browsing for the sake of browsing, Well at-least you're not here just as a place to be." He said and smiled "I am The High Arch-Lich Vor'Zul, I teach Advanced magical Theory as well as Undead and Combat against them, Rather ironic." He said and paused as Nicholas passed him he sensed the shielded mind, now THAT would be a learning exercise all of its self. "I do hope to see you in my classes, we discuss some very interesting topics, Though you may be having lessons with Professor Leone before you have lessons with myself." He drifted in to the air and nodded. "Oh and if you do have a lesson with myself..." He looked down at Sable, "Tardiness will not be accepted." He said in a stern 'tone' or as much as one as you could get with a mental voice. With that warning he drifted off heading after Nicholas

Vor'Zul was pleased, while a strong mental barrier was key to a good defence the often blunt and 'brick wall' style that most humans used to fight other humans "battering ram" style of mental combat lacked....The true finesse of mental combat, the dodge and dart of the mind against thought. He floated above and behind Nicholas and watched. He was careful, cold and collected. AH, there, a crack a gap in the mind wall, Normally in a mental battle that would have been it, He would have driven a mental spear straight through the crack and devoured the boy's mind. As it was he simply spoke.
"Well boy, Your mind armour is strong, but it is no where near strong enough to fight me. However, I am not here to fight. I am High Arch-Lich Vor'Zul, and a Professor here. You have nothing to fear from me, Lest you decide to get in to a fight with another student." He paused and touched down on the ground slowly. "And your name is....Nicholas I believe. And I would be Right?" He asked, this boy was interesting, He was very tempted to offer to train the child, but he did not hold that position at this school. That was admittedly mostly because there was not enough psykers or Psionics at the school to make that worth while. He tapped his chin making a mental note to talk to Aneal about that whole deal.

@Tarieles

Oh. Oh. She was a teacher Alright, he hadn't known that before, as he had just made the assumption she wasn't, and hadn't bothered to look and see if there was anything that indicated otherwise. And she was a sparring teacher? As in, fighting? Well, she definitely looked the part (and her last name? THAT was something) , but he wasn't about to say that out loud.

At least he had met one of the teachers now, though. That was a good thing. And, he even knew her first name, which was a bit odd. He was pretty sure he'd turn out to be a 'no-good slacker' at some point in the year, but he could apprieciate this while it lasted. Might as well, it isn't as if he planned on slacking immediately anyway.

He pondered briefly about how fighting matches even worked here, considering the wide variety of species, but decided just to introduce himself. He followed after her, combing another hand through his hair as he glanced around. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Bloo-" he coughed, cutting himself off so he could correct the error "Urzul. I'm James. And, I'm pretty sure I have my number. One sec."

He rooted through his bag, frowning, before digging out a slightly crumpled paper. Ah, here it was!

"I'm in dorm number 2. I think that's what this says, unless I'm reading it wrong. I don't think I am." he said, smoothing out the paper a bit.

Hanging from the top of the gymnasium rafters, Enzo and his clone were hanging up the Vieuxpont Academy school's banners. They'd spent most of the morning decorating the academy; blowing up balloons, setting up chairs, etc. It was a bit of work, but they didn't mind. After all, this was one of Enzo's favorite days. He loved having new students join the school, because it meant that more supernaturals would be safe.

After finishing with the banners, Enzo dropped to the ground and merged back with his clone. Taking a step back, a satisfied smile spread across his face as he viewed his handiwork. There were still one or two minor things left to take care of, but for the most part it was ready to go. Happy with the work he'd done, he ran up to the podium and looked at the bleachers, imagining them filled with students ready to become extraordinary. He couldn't help but feel a bit giddy.

As he scanned the room, he realized that Dean Vieuxpont, or Anael, as he was called, was there. Preparing for the opening ceremony, no doubt, he thought to himself. The Dean was one of the few people Enzo had the utmost respect for, and although they were very different from each other, Enzo had always felt a sense of kinship with him, however small it might be. Stepping away from the podium, he walked up beside him in a friendly manner.

"Looks like its about that time again, eh Anael?"

@Tarieles

[fieldbox=On the Way to the Library, blue, dashed]
Jude walked rather slowly as he saw people beginning to appear. He wasn't really sure what to expect from the new academy, but he knew that it would be an interesting adventure. Not only was his headmaster an archangel, but the plethora of students added to the uniqueness of the academy. Jude kept his hands in his pockets and his head down. He wasn't worried about people seeing him like he was on the streets, rather he was afraid of touching them. As long as it wasn't skin to skin contact, he'd be fine. Jude had on a t-shirt with a sweat jacket over it, worn vans, and jeans to match. The entire outfit was rather ordinary. The only thing that people found really interesting was his piercings, but they were covered by his dark brown-black hair. He also had a backpack on which carried his tablet and his notebook. Both were for his class, Survival and Integration. He was going to the library to make plans for the new class. This would be his first time teaching, and he was rather nervous, but mostly excited.

As he walked through the corridors of the building, Jude wondered what the rest of the students thought of the place. His deep blue eyes scanned the area as he made sure the skin on his arms was covered. Standing at 5'10", Jude didn't draw attention to himself in anyway, which came with the territory of being created as an Angel of Death...people overlooked his rather negligible presence. This was good and bad; good that he didn't have to worry about people picking him out of a crowd but not good when people bumped into him. Jude pulled out a piece of paper with the directions to the library. He wasn't exactly great with directions, especially since he usually just wandered or flew places, but he could get by.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:

Volita halted in her quest to locate her dorm when a pretty girl with long white hair. In answer to her question, Volita fluttered her wings a bit, briefly rising from the ground. "You betcha! A butterfly fairy to be exact!" She exclaimed, with a wide smile. "Thank you, I love your hair." She marveled at the lack of pigment. Unfortunately, as she had a delicate constitution, she was unable to dye her hair at all, let alone bleach it. She took the girl's hand, and shook it daintily, wondering what kind of accent that was. Did all light mages have them? Volita had never had the opportunity to travel until now, so her knowledge of regional accents and other magical species, was severely limited to witches and the one other fairy she knew.

"I'm Volita, it's nice to meet you too. Now Paris I have a big question for you!" She paused a minute for emphasis. "Do you know where the female dorms are, cause I am L - O - S - T, lost!" She flushed a little. "Sorry, I tend to morph into a cheer fairy when I get excited."

Reactions: Goddess of the Moon

divider9.png
Anael stood by the podium, looking through the papers there to be sure everything was in place. He had map printouts, class schedules, welcome sheets, and other things. He had them in neat piles on top and in the cubby. He turned to look at the decorations, and watched Enzo and his clone finish decorating. He had done a fine job, as always. He nodded to the man. "Indeed it is. Another year." He looked to the shifter and smiled a bit. "Hopefully we can get some of these young creatures started in their lives as powerful adults."

He turned back to the podium, sighing softly. "Well, we'll be starting shortly. I'd give it another half-hour or so. I'll send out the warning now." He said, focusing his energy on telepathically sending the message throughout the school. "There is to be a meeting in the Gymnasium in a half-hour. Please be ready to meet in that time. Thank you." He turned back to Enzo. "I left you out of it, as you can see. You're here already."
@QuakeUPSB
@everyone

post-divider.png
Urzul watched as he dug through his pack. Unorganized. That was already a slight mark in her book, but nothing that would condemn the boy to her personal hell. Just a small annoyance. She peered at the paper, and nodded. "Yep, room two." She spoke, entering the building. "Nice to meet you James. Am I going to be seeing you in any of my classes?" She asked, grinning a bit. He looked a bit wiry to her, so if he was, it would be an interesting semester.

She looked up as she heard the Dean's voice in her head. Same thing every time. She got to the boy's dorms, and gently tapped the doorframe of room two. "Here you are. Room two. Now, if you want, I can take you to the gym once you've gotten everything settled in there." She tapped her own head. "The Dean sends important announcements through telepathy, so you'll be hearing that occasionally."
@TragicTrees

699f0e01c4efb8cb0de74b40c47e79f7
Parisa smiled as the wings fluttered. She touched her own white hair, and smiled. "Oh, thank you. It's in my blood." She spoke. Her parents, especially her mother, would be very disappointed if she changed the color of her hair, so she kept it the way it was. As a bonus, she was usually talked about more in a positive light. "I don't think I've ever met a butterfly fairy before. You're lovely."

When she asked about the dorms, she nodded. "I'm actually headed there now. Follow me." She spoke, gesturing for her to follow. She laughed a bit. "No worries. I like a cheerful person. So much better than being a stick in the mud." As she walked to the dorms, she jumped a bit at a male voice in her head. Apparently there was to be a meeting. She knew of telepaths quite well. She had an unfortunate run-in with one years ago. However, this voice was kind. "I also know where the gym is." She added, opening the door to the girl's dorms. "Here we are. I'm room number one." She said, pointing to her door.
@Thingtastic

blood-divider-01.png
"Indeed, I will. I signed up for the class. I am quite eager to learn of these theories." Sable spoke, then nodded. "Well of course. I would hope tardiness wouldn't be accepted." He added, watching as he left. He turned back to the books, browsing over the titles, seeing if any interested him. He froze when another voice entered his mind. He first thought it was the Lich, back to speak with him. However, this voice was much different. He could feel the good in the voice, kindness and warmth. He perked up at hearing about a meeting. That would be useful, so they could know what to expect. He could only assume this voice was the Dean.

Sable continued through his books, finding one on demon summoning. He thought it odd they would have one, considering summoning a demon was very risky. He put it back, and continued looking around. It was a huge library, and he knew he'd be getting lost here at some point or another. However, now was not the time for that. He sighed softly, and made his way out the doors. He should get to the gym.

divider.png
Nicholas was skimming the pages of the book he had picked up. It was teaching mostly the basics of electricity control, something he didn't need. He had finally reached some of the more advanced things, when he felt someone feeling around in his head and slithering through the cracks. Then, a voice. The Illithid. So he had sensed him. He turned to the creature, then nodded curtly. If nothing else, he may as well be polite to him.

"It's something I've been working on." He said softly. "Yes, I am Nicholas. A Wizard." He explained closing the book but keeping a finger in his spot so he could read it later. He would need to get a library account at this place. He let his barrier fall a little. He didn't need it at the moment, considering he could read him anyway. That, and it was a bit taxing. He never knew when he'd need his full strength. His father kept him prepared for anything. As he stood there, another signal came through. This one was still weak, from the slight barrier he still had. He tuned into it further, listening. It was something about a meeting in the gym. What kind of meeting, he had no clue.
@EddiEddi

Reactions: Mundane Monster
Caoimhe Hambledon
Time: Mid-Morning

"Aye, I'll focus on my studies. But no promises on the behavin' part, that's up for debate still," negotiated a young lady in a rusting 1992 Ford Fiesta, her phone crammed haphazardly in the cup holder. She ran a hand through the mass of frizzy ginger hair and picked at her ear whilst listening to the crackling voice of her father scolding her over her lack of obedience, comparing her to her older brother Robert. "Yer breakin' up, Dad! Listen, I'm gonna go an' settle in and I'll call you tonight, yeah? Yeah-...aye, I'll try and make a friend. Aye, I'll tr-...a week? C'mon, you think I can hold off that long? Look, it's not my fault they suspended me, that was ol' Connie and his stupid fireworks." She approached the front gates of the academy in the car, took one look at the plethora of supernaturals, and felt a tight knot in her stomach. There were simply too many people to deal with so early in the morning, especially not without a pick-me-up. Grunting, she slammed the handbrake down and turned the car around. "Yeah, I'm coming up to the gates now. LissenI'llcallyebackseeya."

Caoimhe took the rustbucket down an old dirt path which was most likely a footpath. Not like it mattered; the area was pretty much abandoned. Even if it wasn't, Caoimhe would have hardly been concerned with the complaints of a stranger, since her mind was too preoccupied with the shimmering lake before her. She pulled up and immediately tugged off her sweater and jeans so she sat in her underwear, tugging off her boots and leaving them in the car with the rest of her stuff. As a precaution, she locked the car and hid the keys near one of the wheels as she pelted it towards the lake, diving into the clear water.

As soon as Caoimhe's body hit the water, the familiar rush of cold and the sudden distortion of sound sent a wave of euphoria through her veins. She explored the murky depths, every nook and cranny she could find, the feeling of the water weeds brushing against her skin reminded her of home. Everything was much calmer and felt familiar to her; much better than trying to be buddy-buddy with some git in a hall, decided the Selkie with confidence.

Once she had calmed down, and the stresses of travel had all but melted away thanks to her swim, she glided up to the surface and squelched onto the mud with her pale, mottled legs and bare feet. Caoimhe rubbed her neck, wringed out her hair and started getting dressed again outside her car, unfortunately too used to the clammy feeling of cold underclothes to realise that she'll look positively idiotic when she arrived in the Academy.

Time: Mid-Morning
Interacting with: Sable (@Tarieles)

"This dorm is better than I expected."
Caoimhe had to hear it out loud to believe it. She was so used to bunk beds, grumbles, snores and thuds in the night that having her own space seemed like nothing short of paradise. After unpacking (read: tossing her clothes haphazardly into the cupboard and the drawers, then stuffing her suitcase under her bed to deal with the rest of it later) and opening the window, she became aware of a sudden voice in her head, which prompted a little snort of surprise and a thud as she stumbled into the bedpost. A meeting in the gym in half an hour? Caoimhe could not think of anything more soul-crushing than a welcoming speech, and set herself the goal of avoiding it and finding her first 'escape route'.

A professional troublemaker like Caoimhe should, in her opinion, have a handful of routes planned out from the get-go just in case things went spectacularly terrible and she had to make a speedy exit. Since she was not one of the few blessed with flight or teleportation, it was imperative that Caoimhe knew the halls like the back of her tail-fin.

As she wove through the crowds of centaur, mermaids, fairies and all manner of mythological creatures, Caoimhe couldn't help but wonder how many new types of non-human species there were that she had never even heard of and would find out about. The excitement of being exposed to these new people gave her the courage, especially since one of them caught her eye as being remarkably humanoid in appearance, with striking red hair. The echoing words of her father in her mind, she filed in beside Sable and peered up at him. "You don't look half as interestin' as the other folk here, if you don't mind me saying. But y'know what they say, God loves a redhead...I'm Caoimhe. Y'can just call me Kee."

If she was lucky, she could probably persuade the poor bloke into bunking the petty 'Welcoming' crap and they could give each other a good tour of the Academy without the teachers lurking about. If worst came to worst, Caoimhe could just ditch him at the doors and go her own way. Either way, she wasn't entirely keen on following a would-be friend into 2 or more hours of boredom and readings of the information which she could probably find in a brochure at some reception office near the front door.

[fieldbox="Library: Mid-morning, blue, dashed"]
Jude finally found his way to the library. It was rather impressive to see the books lining the shelves. While it wasn't the largest library he's ever been in, it definitely wasn't the smallest. Glancing around, Jude found an empty table where he could sit and spread out a bit. He didn't like working in small desks where things were clustered together. Everything had a place and Jude liked it that way. As he made his way through the library, Jude noticed a few other people there. No one he noticed of course. Continuing to the table, Jude proceeded to take off his backpack and unzip it. Jude placed his stuff on the table as he emptied his backpack on to the space; one laptop, one notebook, a couple of pens, and a watch to manage time. Jude needed to get things done on a schedule since he planned on eating at a reasonable time.

Once everything was set, Jude went to work. His first priority was setting up his class schedule and his office hours. Next was his plans for the class. Already he had notes written out for the first class, but they had to be looked over and organized in a more proficient manor. Jude knew that while time mattered, he needed to get stuff done. Jude scribbled notes in the notebook and typed blurbs on his computer. His class schedule still needed to be confirmed with the headmaster, but it was good enough for the time being. Now, Jude was working on the lesson plans for the next few weeks and possibly the next few months. Once Jude got into something he was fully engrossed.[/fieldbox]

Leone Tenjin Kyvak
Inside Nox's Room -> TBD
Late for something... as usual...
Nox @EddiEddi

"Well, that's a tough question. You know how most beings can only tap into so much of their brain power? I think that it's a bit like that, from what I've seen and studied." Leone explained with his typical smile. "Some people have more access to the magic inside them and around them." His smile disappeared when the dean's announcement derailed his train of thought. He checked his watch and stood up. "I'm sorry to cut this discussion short, but I'm afraid I've lost track of time. Feel free to come by my office if you want to continue this some other time." He spoke with a smile as he finished his tea. With that, he hurried out of the room.

@Tarieles

James walked in "Well, that's.....sorta weird. I'll have to get used to that." he said, putting down his bag "And I'll take you up on that, if that's fine with you. I still have no idea where I'm going."

He grinned sheepishly, dusting himself off, which he had a habit of doing for some reason. Oh, yea, if he went to the gym by himself, he'd totally get lost, and he knew it. He probably got a map or something to direct him around the place, but he also probably lost it after looking at it once.

"That I am," Enzo chuckled. Anael's statement of the obvious amused him, and he wondered if he'd said it as a joke, or if he was simply stating a fact. He was a peculiar creature; the Dean. But Enzo didn't mind. "Well, seeing as this is about to start, I suppose I'll head over and help the rest of the staff usher people in. There seem to be quite a good amount of students this time. I'd say it's shaping up to be one hell of a year." With that, he turned away and headed towards the gym's entrance. He'd catch up with Anael at a better time.
As he stepped away, his mind wandered back to some his latest thoughts; his class, new students, the new year. But that wasn't all that was on his mind. He also wondered about the state of the school, as well as the future. Everything had seemed to go so well for so long. While there were the occasional scares or incidents, it'd been pretty quiet these past couple years. Enzo couldn't help but feel like something bad was going to happen. He just didn't know what. It's probably just paranoia. Old fears popping up, he thought to himself. Determined not to dwell on it any longer, he turned towards the doors, where students were slowly beginning to trickle in. Putting on his friendliest smile, he immersed himself among the students, offering a warm greeting.

"Welcome, welcome! We are so glad to have you. Please take a seat anywhere you'd like. We'll be starting soon."

@Tarieles

Kiara lay sprawled across her bed, her left arm and leg hanging off the side. She stared at the small lotus flower tatooed on her left wrist, thoughts spiraling into unavoidable randomness, as they usually did any time it was quiet. Then, she heard a kind male voice in her head, interrupting her thoughts to make an anouncement. Of course Kiara thought this was odd, but she was in a school for the supernatural. There was no doubt that the Dean was supernatural, so he could've sent a telepathic message or it could have been a teacher. Whatever, just go. It's not like anything horrible will happen. Kiara slowly sat up, rubbing her neck and blinking a few times. Slipping on her shoes as she walked, Kiara went over to the full-body mirror she had put on the back of her door, looking over her appearance. She turned around and grabbed her black and white varsity jacket to complete her outfit.
minus the glasses, although she occasionally wears fake ones. (and of course she's not carrying around blueberries, a camera, hair products, etc.)
Normally, Kiara wouldn't be so concerned, but to her at least, this was a very, very big day. She had already been brave enough to slip a note under the door of someone who she had only said "hi" to just to ask if they could hang out. It irked her to think about the possibility of that guy laughing in her face (or worse, behind her back to his new friends). She took a few deep breaths, then opened the door and marched down the hallway, pausing anxiously to see if there was any activity in the right wing. Kiara knew she should just forget about the young man, let him reply on his own terms, but it was just very nerve racking to wait for someone who could turn out to be a very close friend. Kiara continued to rush to the gymnasium, surprisingly fast for someone in high-heeled boots.

@QuakeUPSB (Enzo)
As she reached the doors to the gym, Kiara slowed down, smiling at one of the teachers who was greeting students. "Dia duit, a dhuine uasail! What's your name? What class do you teach?" For once, Kiara didn't notice herself beginning a conversation in Irish, and she didn't even care about her accent. Everyone seems so nice...Hm. Better stay a tad suspicious, just in case shit happens... Kiara looked around at the students filing in, some already in the bleachers, then to the gold and black balloons, then to a group of teachers and a man who, she assumed, was Dean Vieuxpont. He seemed quite attractive, but Kiara didn't have any plan on ever talking to him one-on-one, unless there was an emergency or something. Honestly, Kiara thought everyone she had seen so far was at least mildly attractive, but that didn't mean she would go around trying to get super friendly with everyone. She wasn't going to be a slut, she didn't have enough confidence to do such things, actually, she was just observant. She glanced back to the teacher she was talking to, a smile still plastered across her face.

Reactions: Quake
10:45 AM

divider9.png
Anael nodded to Enzo. "Yes, that would be best. I'll talk with you another time." He waved to him as he left to help students. He carefully watched the students file in to the gymnasium, making note of their faces. He kept his mental hands to himself, keeping out of their heads. It was a habit he had worked hard to break, and it wasn't one he wanted to go back to. The students deserved privacy, as did teachers. He never dug around unless he thought they had something of importance to hide.

post-divider.png
"It does take a little getting used to." Urzul said, waiting outside his room. "Not too big of an issue though. It gets to be second nature after a while. It freaked me out when I first came here. I come from a people not too well versed in mind magic. Or any magic, really." She laughed a bit. "Orcs aren't very well versed in anything other than beating people up." She waited patiently for him, watching other students pass by, chuckling as she heard them talking about how the voice was weird. "Alright, we can head out whenever you're ready." She told James, pushing off of the wall softly.

blood-divider-01.png
Sable was broken from his trance, hearing someone beside him. He blinked, looking down at the red-headed girl. He inwardly laughed. He hadn't seen that attitude or hair since he left the isles. He nodded politely. "Very nice to meet you, Caoimhe. That's a name I have not heard in some time." He said, smiling a bit. "I'm Sable. I am just called Sable." He told her. "So, Scottish then? I once was friends with many." He said, slowing his pace towards the gym. "If you don't find it too forward, may I ask what manner of creature you are?"

Sable was always curious about new and interesting creatures. He loved learning about people, especially what they were. This was no different. "I myself am a demon. Though don't worry, I don't harm the living unless I have to." He put a hand up, as he knew most people's reaction to him being a demon was to immediately become wary, or just to leave his presence entirely.

divider.png
Hearing the voice, Nicholas stood, and put his book back. He was intending to come back for it. "Well, it has been a pleasure, but I should be going." He told the Illithid. He gathered his things, and went on his way. He wasn't looking forward to this meeting. He knew he should go, but he really didn't want to. He first made a pit stop to his dorm, dropping off a couple things he didn't need. As he looked out the window, he couldn't help but notice how glorious the day was. Of course, there was something missing. He couldn't quite put his finger on it. It'd change, he knew.

He took a deep breath, and left his room to head towards the gym. It was indeed beautiful out that day. It was a good day for training out in the fields, with the sun warming his face and the wind tousling his hair. Of course, it was hard to train his abilities by himself. However, he managed sometimes. A good dose of meditation never hurt anyone.

Enzo was a bit surprised by the Irish language. He hadn't heard it often, but it was a bit refreshing. He had spent a couple years in Ireland, and they had been the most peaceful years of his life... at least until he was discovered by hunters and forced to go on the run again, which had led to him arriving at Vieuxpont Academy. But that was a story for another time. Turning towards the voice, he noticed the female student standing before him, and couldn't help but be impressed by her fashionable clothing and way she carried herself.

"Hello, young one. I'm Professor Verillian," He smiled, holding out his hand as a greeting. "I instruct the Anti-Magic Classes over in Room A450. Considering you're here at this orientation, I take it you're new to the Academy." He handed her a open pamphlet containing a map of the school as well as that day's orientation schedule. Stepping forwards, he looked down at the sheet and pointed.

"See? Right here is A450, about a stone's throw away from the cafeteria."
He scratched his chin and smiled. "I wonder, will I be seeing you in my class?"

@XxCalypsoKittyxX

Interactions: Professor Verillian (@QuakeUPSB )

"Most likely, yes. It's very nice to meet you, Professor Verillian. And uh, yeah...Pretty damn new..." Kiara broke eye contact nervously and her grin had shrunk a bit, mostly because it was starting to hurt her face. Kiara looked back to the professor, chuckling. "I've never been around so many people before, it's pretty nerve racking. I'll be expecting a panic attack some time soon." She brought herself up on her tip-toes, then stood normally. This was a habit Kiara had due to basically everyone she ever met being taller than her, even when she wore heels. Kiara, getting a tad warm, removed her varsity jacket, exposing her tattooed shoulder and wrists. She took a step aside, to get out of the way of the wave of students pouring into the gym. Kiara began to fade into her transparent form, hair and eyes getting lighter with each moment until they were white. Her skin now looked glass-like, and the professor would be able to see the other students behind her entering the gym. "Dia diabhal é! Sorry, sorry, this happens a lot when I'm nervous or something..." Kiara stared down at her see-through palms, grimacing as she tried to calm down and revert back to her solid form. After a few moments, her skin went back to its original paleness, her hair became dark red, and her eyes were deep blue-green again. God, you're an idiot. Stop being so fidgety and nervous and maybe this would only happen when you wanted it to! Kiara sighed, "I apologize, sir. I'm working on controlling that."

Enzo smiled. This student was quite...quirky. But he didn't mind. Noticing her embarrassment on turning transparent, he remained calm and held out his hand, transforming it into it's natural form: A large, green, grotesque claw covered in scales. It was not a pretty sight by any stretch of the imagination, but Enzo brought it out to make a point. His attitude had shifted from warm and welcoming to a more concerned and caring attitude, and it was apparent in his eyes and the way he spoke.

"Young one. In your time here, you will learn many things. You will learn how to survive, how to protect yourself, and how to control your abilities. You will learn about other beings, and what makes them special; their abilities, their culture, their history. But most importantly, you will learn about yourself. How to accept yourself. How to understand what makes you unique. And hopefully by the end of it, you will learn to love every part of who you are, because you will understand what makes you 'special.' "

By the end of his little speech, Enzo's eyes had a very distant look to them. He was remembering home; his old life. Flashes of old memories trekked through his mind, and for a moment his eyes began to tear up. It was then that Enzo remembered where he was, and he quickly transformed his hand back to it's human state before wiping his eyes. Upon clearing his throat, the warm smile returned to his face.

"So anyways, don't apologize! I'm just glad to have you here! This is a magical place, and anything can happen. Hell, you might even grow a few inches!" he laughed, fixing his collar which had gotten a bit loose during the hustle and bustle of the day, and now dangled below his chest.

@XxCalypsoKittyxX

Reactions: :Cosmic:
Interactions: Professor Verillian (@QuakeUPSB )

Kiara stared at his now large green hand, but not with disgust. Interest. She raised it to her face, examining it with wide, wonder-filled eyes. Then, realizing what exactly she was doing, she dropped it and kept her hands by her sides. What the fuck is wrong with you, Kiara? Kiara gazed into the professor's eyes for a moment, noticing the caring look there. As he spoke, Kiara felt more at ease and understood. Then, she noticed him tearing up at the end of his thoughtful little speech. Kiara patted his shoulder and smiled.
She laughed at his last comment and said, "Oh, I doubt it! One can only dream. My name is Kiara, by the way. Kiara Aislinn Duffy." For the first time all day, Kiara noticed that she hadn't seen anyone at all that was her height. In fact, Professor Verillian was (not surprisingly) much taller than her. She shrugged a bit to herself, not worried about something so meaningless like her height. Kiara already liked this professor very much, but she wouldn't say he was her favorite until she actually met the others here. He was a very kind man though, and she couldn't help but feel protected near him. Not from mortals, necessarily, just in general. From emotional situations, other students. It was a very nice feeling, one Kiara hadn't felt since she had been in Ireland with her family about three or four years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.