1. Male
  2. Female

Welcome to Vieux Mors

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Banana-senpai
JW4tWv1.png

[glow=white]Wake up

The voice tugs at the edges of your consciousness. You squeeze your eyes shut, resisting the melodious beckoning.

Wake up

The voice seems to clear some of the fog from your thoughts, dusting cobwebs to the side and you can focus a little better now. Your eyes are still closed, but it doesn’t feel like you could drift off to sleep again now.

Wake up!

These words are more emphatic, practically a shout. They startle you and your eyes flutter open. Bright candlelight dancing close to your face blinds you a little, causing you to turn your head away from it instinctively. That’s when you catch sight of a pale face smiling down at you. They move the candle away, straightening to stand and you realize that they had been bent over the sides of a coffin, your coffin.

“What’s going on?”

The realization that you are lying in a coffin, struggling to remember anything about yourself, spurs you into blurting out your question. The man smiles as though he’s heard it many times before. He steps backward and extends a hand to you, ostensibly to help you out.

“Come with me and I’ll explain.”
JW4tWv1.png

[/glow]​

Welcome to Vieux Mors

You have recently woken in the land of the dead, though your memory seems to have quite escaped you. Still, your mind and personality seem (mostly) intact, aside from perhaps those few quirks that might have stemmed from that whole dying nonsense.

Vieux Mors looks like your average town... in approximately 15th century France. Not that you would know the difference between it and anything else, as you can remember little more than your own name. Still, you wonder if the ideas for these buildings all came from the king himself.

You were not the first to be awoken in the village and more have trickled in, slowly filling new houses that seem to rise from the ground itself overnight. Slowly, you have been adjusting to this new life, trying to remember the things that you are good at to contribute to the town.

Today, however, is a special day. You have been summoned to the castle, though you don't know why. Still, here you are, standing in front of the imposing wooden door that reaches far above your head. This new adventure is beginning.​

Policies
  • One character per person
  • Goal posting of once a week, that way the posting order doesn't die with you. I'm not going to be setting a timer but going over without mentioning a reason is a good way for your character to mysteriously vanish.
  • The posting order will be set from the order in which you post initially. It isn't inflexible - those who wish to continue a conversation/interaction may post more frequently rather than waiting for posting order.
  • Best foot forward! Make things that you are proud of!

The Undead

Those who wake up after death will find themselves... not quite as they recall. Most will find themselves brought back to life in one of three forms.

• The Draugr looks astonishingly like a living person, though the distinct odor of decay accompanies them. They are the most fragile of the dead, with their flesh still mostly intact. They are also the strongest, however, possessing superhuman strength. They are the most similar to a living person, including tending towards being the least magically gifted.

Combat: Good physical classes, strong. Very rare magic, going to manifest as Augmentation (making themselves stronger) and Defensive (making themselves harder to hurt). However, not an ideal magic candidate.

• While the ghosts look identical to their living selves, they are incorporeal in form. This gives them the advantage of being hard to harm in a fight (though magics could probably do the job) but the disadvantage of being mostly unable to affect the physical world. Through willpower (and magic, probably) many are able to will themselves into being tangible for brief periods of time - about a minute every two moon cycles, though whether that increases forever remains to be seen. The oldest known ghost in town is only about twenty moon cycles old, after all. This form is frail and trying to move a body again takes some getting used to, though! All that willpower and magic also takes its toll on a ghost, so most use it sparingly.

Combat: Not really a good warrior choice, thanks to the incorporeal aspect. Nearly all can tap into magic to some degree to make themselves temporarily solid (as previously mentioned). More choices look like: Illusion Creation, Life Draining, and Temperature Manipulation (limited ice mage type things).
  • It's harder to hurt a skeleton than a draugr - though it can be done. They are able to heal themselves up slowly but this process takes a lot of time depending on the size of the breaks. One broke a femur in a fall and had to lay repairing for almost a whole moon cycle! While neither as invulnerable as a ghost nor as strong as a draugr, skeletons find a nice middle ground. They are absolutely resilient and able to influence the physical world, though they lack true strength. Skeletons are a fine asset in water or even, for short bursts, in fire. Shame about that face, though.

Combat: Functional physical class. Not a typical choice for a tanky sword-swinger but a capable rogue type. Magic is not rare but not common - more like pretty uncommon. Manifestations look like Restorative, Temporary invisibility, and Barriers.

Last edited:
Characters
divider-000.png

Character Sheet
divider-000.png
Name:
Character Name

The Undead usually retain their physical selves... though skeletons sometimes play games.

Number of Moon cycles since you awoke - the eldest in the town are around 20 moon cycles old

Undead Type:

Personality:

Two to four positive personality traits with an equal number of negative ones. If you want to elaborate more on the traits, you are welcome to do so.

Appearance:

Memento:

In your grave was one item from your life among the living, placed with you to be carried to the afterlife. Tell me about it and what it means to your character, even if they'd don't remember much about its origins.

Last edited:
Name:
Prince Fiore de Magari

Undead Type:
Draugr

Personality:
+ Astute
+ Confident
+ Observant
- Austere
- Impatient
- Detatched
Appearance:
[spoili]
sabin_duvert_by_fuchsiart-d3ky4fn.jpg

[/spoili]
Memento:

The pendant around Fiore's neck is his sole reminder of his life among the living. The metal is smooth at the back, worn down by many years of being pressed against mortal flesh. An inscription on the back of it is all but worn away but the words "Love, Masina" can still be read. The center of the star on the front has a single small ruby set into it and the whole thing is held by a black ribbon, which is always around his neck.

Last edited:
Name:
King Wilhelm Siferd

Undead Type:
Uncertain

Personality:
+ Composed
+ Principled
+ Magnanimous
- Hesitant
- Overtrusting
- Solitary

Appearance:
[spoili]
wolnir_by_wolnir-d8jw2i9.png
[/spoili]

Memento:
There is little that Wilhelm prizes more than the tome that he keeps locked away in his chambers. Not even Prince Fiore is certain what words are written on its pages but it looks as though it could be as old as Wilhelm himself, with its battered leather cover and the patina of dust. The dust is especially curious for Fiore, as it indicates that the tome is not often looked over, merely kept close. The words etched on the front are not in a language that Fiore understands, further deepening the mystery.

Imma try this. I'll make a Draugr.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems draugr have more appeal than the others cause they're vampire-like. Also, question: these people woke up in a different dimension type of thing? I mean, they didn't just travel in time to old France, they are in an undead town that looks like old France yeah? So everyone in town is dead, or town is mostly empty?

This is not the normal world, no. The location looks very similar to the mortal world but the town, aside from the castle which has been there since the beginning, has been slowly built up as new undead are awoken. Everyone in the town is undead - it's a fairly small town. Some of the ones who have been awake the longest have begun to create shops from their hazy memories, so you have a few outlandish tailors and such.

Hopefully some people take an interest in the others - each one is designed to have its own strengths and weaknesses!

• Thank You
Reactions: Mglo
This looks quite fascinating! I might be the skeleton you are looking. But let me ask a few questions. What would be the goal of the roleplay? How does magic work? Can skeletons use magic?

The goal of the roleplay is going to be a quest of sorts, which is the errand you're going to be asked to undertake by the king. Some investigating strange happenings and learn a bit more about how Vieux Mors was founded.

With the benefits of "limited memory" the intention is to allow the characters to "pick" their classes before the quest and have some chats about it. All the races can use magic but the rarity of it and manifestation is different.

My outline for "class/race" combos looks like:

Draugr - Good physical classes, strong. Very rare magic, going to manifest as Augmentation (making themselves stronger) and Defensive (making themselves harder to hurt). However, not an ideal magic candidate.

Skeleton - Functional physical class. Not a typical choice for a tanky sword-swinger but a capable rogue type. Magic is not rare but not common - more like pretty uncommon. Manifestations look like Restorative, Temporary invisibility, and Barriers.

Ghost - Not really a good warrior choice, thanks to the incorporeal aspect. Nearly all can tap into magic to some degree to make themselves temporarily solid (as previously mentioned). More choices look like: Illusion Creation, Life Draining, and Temperature Manipulation (limited ice mage type things).

I think I could make a ghost for this roleplay. I'm very interested. I may ask questions later when I start trying to make a CS about it.

Reactions: Kitti
full
Name:
Libitina Mabuz

Undead Type:
Ghost

Personality:
Libitina is a gentle spirit, but she is prone to a darkness she harbors in her heart that is rarely shown.

Kindness:
Gentle Libitina is a girl prone to helping others on her own, and the kind of person to go out of her way to assist someone in need. She would be willing to help a stranger being hurt by another. Despite her shyness, she is always glad to assist someone being wrongly affronted.

Determination:
Although quiet and timid, Libitina isn't weak of heart or will. Having great drive, she is capable of accomplishing things through sheer perseverance if nothing else. Once Libitina has her heart set upon something, she will typically work to that goal until it is acheived, unless she is rendered incapable despite her best efforts.

Analyzing:
As a very intelligent girl, Libitina is highly capable of problem solving as well as developing plans of her own. Although not particularly prone to manipulation, she does have the capacity for such, and will not hesitate to do so, should the situation demand it. It is hard to tell whether her ability to discern the intentions of those around her is a good or bad thing. It certainly doesn't help with her trust levels.

Ruthlessness:
Malevolence is a small part of Libitina's personality, not often seen. As she finds herself tormenting someone she deems as deserving, the girl gradually becomes more cruel. Cold to those she harms, as she simply views it in the light of her inflicting what she believes to be justice, in a world full of unfairness. She is not afraid to kill.

Timidity:
Libitina is a girl not prone to much action, instead her mind will analyze the situation to great lengths before actual activity. She is afraid of the people around her, fearful of what might come of her darkness and of the people themselves. Libitina will not often approach someone to simply speak to them. She is a quiet individual and will not often take initiative within a conversation.

Distrust:
Trust is not something Libitina is familiar with. She expects none, and gives none. To truly befriend Libitina is a hard work in and of itself, an extremely rare case. She will not hesitate to use someone she doesn't value if she finds no empathy for their situation.

Appearance:
Libitina retains much of her looks from before death. Petite, pale and sickly in appearance. But she is a beautiful young girl, her paleness giving her a bit more of an eerie beauty. She tends to have gentle expressions, gradually growing cruel and twisted over time. Her eyes are as red as the blood that stained her white hair.

Memento:
A beautiful cameo brooch that belonged to her grandmother, the only person who showed affection to Libitina in life, although she is unaware of this. It is a dark blue base, with a delicate silver border and an ivory cameo silhouette. The piece indicates she probably came from nobility of some sort, based upon it's quality. Libitina has no recollection of it, but she knows it is precious.
Notes:
Okay, I forgot to ask questions... XD
So, if I need to correct anything, please do let me know. Thanks!

Reactions: Kitti
95e8223276ab6118afca96db1e1c3fb7.jpg

Name:
Kelari (Surname scratched off of her urn, and she does not remember it)

Undead Type: Goast

Personality:
+Gregarious
+Honest
+Full of energy and adventurous
-Occasionally out of touch with reality (in more ways than one)
-No respect for personal boundaries
-Scatterbrained and forgetful

Appearance:
No one claims to have seen her face, and her body was cremated ages ago so no one could try to piece it together either. She instead wears a blank mask, but gesticulates more dramatically to show expression with her words. Her ghostly image is mostly flowing blue silk and glinting silver, fitting vaguely over the form of a young woman. Whether she can remove this visage and see what she once was is unclear, as any questions as to 'What is under that mask?' are answered with 'I'm not sure'. She moves like she speaks,-- airy, light, and calm as the morning mist.

Memento:
A ceramic mask from the last event she attended. (I'll be... working on this a little more)

Last edited:
I decided I would make a Gorst. I would've loved to make a Skeleton, too, but it looks like one character per person. So, you know. Gowst.

She looks like a nice "lurking beneath the surface" type of gal, Jello! I don't see any problems with her.

Azaryin, one per for now, yes. I'm glad you thought that they both seemed interesting, though. I look forward to seeing Kelari's personality!

I think it's got something to it now.

Bump. I think this could use a few more players.

oh snap, mine should be up tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.