Video games you STILL love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Levusti

Original poster
There are some video games you can play for hours on end without tiring or games you can pick up anytime and feel like you're really enjoying it, no matter how long away you've been from it. What games are those?

For me it's always been the Tales Of series of games. With Tales of Symphonia being my first foray into the series, it was my introduction to JRPGs and I absolutely LOVED IT. I have since played quite a few JRPGs but the Tales Of series has ALWAYS been my favorite. I have Tales of Xillia 1&2, Tales or Symphonia and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Tales of Graces, Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Legendia, and Tales of Phantasia. I can pick up any installment of the game in ANY generation of console and find myself absolutely enthralled with the game. I really really want to get my hands on Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Zesteria and, if possible Tales of Hearts and Tales of Rebirth. Ugh. The FEELS.

What are your favorite games/series of games?

*RESPECT NODS AT LEV*

AWWW YEEEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

As for me, I never tire of playing tactic based games like Ogre Tactics, FF Tactics, Fire Emblem, etc, because of the different paths with classes, skills, etc. Also any RPG that is nonlinear, like SaGa Frontier, because of the same reasons.

*RESPECT NODS AT LEV*

AWWW YEEEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

As for me, I never tire of playing tactic based games like Ogre Tactics, FF Tactics, Fire Emblem, etc, because of the different paths with classes, skills, etc. Also any RPG that is nonlinear, like SaGa Frontier, because of the same reasons.

SaGa Frontier

SaGa Frontier!

Fuck yeah.

For me it's always been the Tales Of series of games.
Pokedex entry #132; Ditto.

But also a slew of other games. For instance I just started playing Rise of Nations again today. I also replayed Jade Empire recently. Star Wars Battlefront is a good staple for me too. I have played through Knights of the Old Republic (both of them) multiple times. I keep coming back to Fallout: New Vegas as well, but half of that is to go through mod content.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: 1 person
A video game I still love is Sonic adventure 2 Battle. I NEVER get bored of this game. In fact, its a stress reducer to me. Am I annoyed/angry? Put it in, and I am nearly instantly calmed down and back to normal ol me.

Any Pokemon game

Oh and Avalon Code; because shaping reality according to your whim never gets old.

Minecraft also.

Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire -- A very underrated game, but one that I can pick up any time and play for hours. Once you get the hang of it, keeping the ball in the game starts to feel like a secondary goal, as you become far more focused on capturing, hatching, and evolving Pokemon. And I think that's just a brilliant idea for a game. Plus, since your pinball is a Pokeball, I find it almost hypnotizing to watch the ball spin around in 3D the way it does (something you wouldn't be able to see on a single-colored ball). I don't know, the physics just feel so fluid to me.

Any Rhythm Heaven game -- Another underrated franchise.

Any Super Smash Bros game -- Nothing else needs to be said.

Reactions: LunaValentine
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I play it through it every year or so, never get tired of it.
Morrowind.
Also this. I actually just bought it on Steam because I lost my Xbox copy. XD

I still sometimes play Baldur's Gate from time to time, and Morrowind and Daggerfall. I've got my old copy of Link's Awakening that I play occasionally, whenever I feel like playing a game from my "classic" Zelda collection.

Oh, and Majora's Mask. Good stuff right there.

Pokemon, I don't think I'll ever get too old for it.

Final Fantasy X, Final Fatasy X-2 and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time are three games that hold meaning for me.
Same with the Kingdom Hearts series, lots of affection there.

I do wish I could find again the Harvest Moon game that made me fall in love with the series. I know it's either a GBA title or Gamecube title. ... Better start looking I guess ^^

Reactions: Rilette
Harvest Moon: It's a wonderful life and Fable 2

Reactions: Midian and Minibit
Half-Life and Red Alert 2 will always be games I can play over and over again and enjoy every waking moment of.

Reactions: Dipper
I'll never not enjoy playing Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart, Harvest Moon, or Link's Crossbow Training.

As big as a Gamer I am, I don't think I have any game that I'll never tire of.
There's always moments I won't like playing a certain game.

So the next best thing would be those I tire of the least.

Which would probably be Civ 5, XCOM, Mount and Blade Warband or Dark Souls.

Let's get all the obvious ones out of the way; Earthbound, Final Fantasy VIII to X, Skyrim, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Tekken Tag Tournament 1 and 2, Silent Hill 2 Dynasty Warriors series and its license spinoffs, etc etc.

Borderlands 2 - The only FPS game I play now, everything else is either dumb MP focused Millitary Gray shooters or just overly realistically realistic shooters. Both are just not my cup of team but Borderlands 2 I can play for a long ass times, though I will have bouts of not even looking at it.

Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen and Defiance - One of my all time favourite franchises ever. Sadly, Soul Reaver 1 and 2 have not aged that well. But at least the first and last game are still playable.

Zone of The Enders 2: The Second Runner: favourite Mecha Game of all time easily. It's super fun to play and still plays solid and good.

There's plenty of games I can list that I still play and love.

There are some video games you can play for hours on end without tiring or games you can pick up anytime and feel like you're really enjoying it, no matter how long away you've been from it. What games are those?

For me it's always been the Tales Of series of games. With Tales of Symphonia being my first foray into the series, it was my introduction to JRPGs and I absolutely LOVED IT. I have since played quite a few JRPGs but the Tales Of series has ALWAYS been my favorite. I have Tales of Xillia 1&2, Tales or Symphonia and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Tales of Graces, Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Legendia, and Tales of Phantasia. I can pick up any installment of the game in ANY generation of console and find myself absolutely enthralled with the game. I really really want to get my hands on Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Zesteria and, if possible Tales of Hearts and Tales of Rebirth. Ugh. The FEELS.

What are your favorite games/series of games?

Ahhh! The tales of series is awesome! I don't here of too many people who like it, so that's great. :)

Because of nostalgia, The Kingdom Hearts Series is one I can play a lot and usually never tire of.

Also, there's an old game called Dark Cloud for the ps2... god... I can play that for hours! ^^

Games set in the Elder Scrolls universe. Those games were always delightful, even if you had to boot the computer in DOS Mode to play. There was also the Zork series.

As for console types, I also love the Mario series, as well as the Mega Man series.

sam032508_5547.gif

Pajama muthafuckin' Sam. Every so often I'll play the copy I have on Steam because for some reason I can't outgrow it.

I would play Spyro: Year of the Dragon over and over again too if I had a functioning Playstation system. That game and I had some good times together.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.