Victims (Surpysoup x towerofpimps)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke kept his gaze fixed on the menu. He'd seen the red hair, and felt a pang of unintentional and indirect hatred. His fingertips were white, he was holding the menu so tight.

Barely registering the rhetorical question posed his direction, he glanced up at Jason. A forced smile bent his lips. "Yeah, I know what you mean. Five years is a long time to be on the run.."

He hid his face behind the menu, pretending to search it for something appetizing. He was trying so hard not to remember that the girl had red hair, or that his mother also had red hair, and red everything the last time he saw her. She was a terrible person, but that doesn't mean every red-head needed to suffer, right? Wrong! Red hair. The genetic link that could lead every red-head to the path of abusive personality! Even your best friend had his moments! But that wasn't because of his hair. His hair wasn't even completely red. Doesn't matter! Red hair. It brings back so many memories, doesn't it?

"D-..do you know of someone I could talk to about.. uh.." he suddenly stammered, setting the menu down. "I mean, I know this is out of the blue. And I hardly know you. I just. There's a thing.."

He wrung his hands. No, he shouldn't say anything else. He let out a pathetic little laugh, a breathy exhalation of air, and rubbed his forehead and eyes with a hand. He shook his head, lifted his menu, and glanced up when the waitress came back.

"You boys know what you'll be getting?" She asked, in a perky manner almost required by all waitresses.

Luke nodded, casting a glance at Jason. "I'll take a water and just a big cheeseburger, medium cooked."

His attention became focused on Jason now, wondering if the man was going to pursue the train of thought Luke had abandoned. It would be best if he didn't, but for some reason, it felt like the FBI wasn't one to overlook something so... out of the ordinary like that. Why did he say anything? Therapists didn't help. The first one met an untimely termination from her career...

Jason eyed Luke wearily when the waitress came by. Luke was acting odd around her, his stress of her being around noticeable even if Luke was trying to hide it. Then there was the odd cut off question that made Jason more suspicious. Red hair was very much a trigger in the series of murders Jason has been following.

The agent had to wait until the waitress was gone after he ordered a milkshake and a Philly cheesesteak. "What were you asking before we were interrupted?" he asked nonchalantly "About seeing someone about something?" he leaned forward, eyes trained to pick up the slightest discomfort and to some extent a lie.

Jason has been trained somewhat to read body language which was a great asset on the field. He can tell when to go a different route when he could see someone is agitated or when to push more when people become closed off. It was little things like that that allowed Jason to become a good investigator and allow him to talk to people.

Luke blinked, bringing his gaze back to Jason. He frowned slightly, looked away, then turned back to him.
"Mental issues," was all he said, quietly. He couldn't look at the FBI agent, not after that. He rubbed his face with his hands, flinching. He had so much to say! But he couldn't say any of it.

Their drinks arrived, and he was trying so hard to shrink into his jacket.

"Maybe we shouldn't hang out anymore," Luke said quietly, glancing up at Jason sheepishly. "It's... well, I have a feeling it won't be a good time. There's a reason I've been on the run for five years. And things in my past that just... no one needs to know about."

He ruffled his hair beneath his hands, roughly, and then downed almost half of his water. Damnit, things always get in the way. His mother had a way of messing up everything, even from the grave.

"She'll never leave me alone, will she? She's been dead five years! Why won't she go away!?" He hissed, practically curling himself into the seat while holding his head in his hands.

Oh man this was not what Jason was expecting when he was going out today. What has he supposed to do with a man literally having a mental breakdown in front of him without being prepared for it? He quickly looked around and spoke in a low voice to Luke "It's all right Luke I don't think any less of you" he said before changing seats "Come on we should get out of here before anything bad happens" he suggested to the curled up man.

He carefully laid a hand on Luke's arm hoping to get him to break out of his ball. Jason was nervous, distraught and mentally unstable people weren't particularly easy to handle, especially by himself. He carefully tried to coax Luke out of his ball so he could talk properly and not bring a large amount of attention to both of them.

Luke's eyes had squeezed themselves shut, his face reddening some. He was still clutching at his skull, hands pressing into it as though to keep it from busting open. He looked like he had a bad headache, really. He jerked away from Jason's hand when it touched his arm, like someone would do when burned. Then he fell still, and his eyes opened slowly. They seemed blank, like Luke had just..checked out. Then they hardened and focused, turning to stare sharply at Jason. He sneered, baring teeth, and pushed Jason away.
"He doesn't need you. He doesn't need -anyone- but me. I'm all he's ever had, and things have been going just fine!" He laughed, holding his arms wide.

The waitress returned with their food, setting the plates on the table. She gave the two men an awkward, but still smiling, glance before hurrying back to the kitchen. Luke's eyes followed her hungrily, eagerly. He smirked, then bared a full on grin.
"And I'd keep an eye on her, if I were you."

The not-Luke pat Jason on the shoulder before pushing past him on the seat, moving out of the booth. He took a fry and ate it, then walked out of the diner.

Jason sat there a little dumbstruck from what just happened. He took out his wallet and paid for the un-eaten meal before rushing out of the diner. He looked up and down the street looking for "Luke". The agent spotted someone that looked like him and quickly walked down the road tailing them.

This wasn't good, a direct reference to three red haired murders and a distinct personality change. Oh split-personality disorders aren't usually this drastic of a change... Jason turned down the road he saw the figure go down and blended with a crowd of people to keep out of sight. Something told him that if he was spotted the consequences would not be good.

'Luke' had fished his keyring from his pocket, spinning in around a finger as he walked. He walked casually, without a care in the world. He didn't care if someone was following him. He was only taking Luke back home. It wasn't safe out in public, after all. Besides, it was far too early for him to be roaming. He grinned and laughed quietly to himself, imagining what fun he'd have later tonight with that bouncy little waitress. Ooohhh, what fun.

He turned down an alley, taking a short cut to get back to his slummy apartment. Once home, he figured he could just eat something from the pantry since he let that whole meal go to waste. It was a pity. Luke really liked that agent guy. Shame. He'd probably have to die after this, anyway. Can't have anyone recognizing his face, after all.

As he thought about all of this, he let his guard down, sure. He was whistling a happy tune when he dropped his keys just at the end of the alley, causing him to pause as he picked them up. He didn't even care to look over his shoulder. He wasn't worried at all. Besides, if the FBI guy wanted to find him, he -knew- where Luke lived, right?
"He'll probably call a squad to watch the place. Well, damn. If that's the case, may be a little difficult to get out later tonight.." He mumbled to himself as he continued on his way.

Jason followed "Luke" all of the way to his apartment. He couldn't call a squad because investigators needed proof before they do a stake out. He tapped his foot and looked at the dingy apartment from the street. He could stake it out on his own but highly doubted that it would work by himself. He might fall asleep and miss "Luke". He frowned and shifted his weight from foot to foot having a debate with himself.

He should probably stay and watch but it would be easier to stake out the apartment in his car. Jason turned back to get his car from the dog park and sighed once he got in. He needed supplies. Jason went to his hotel room and grabbed his camera, extra food he had and went through and drive thru for a warm meal before settling in a small corner of the street to stay watch.

He quickly called in the threat that "Luke" gave the waitress and stayed vigilant. He would have to give the privilege to go to the bathroom until he absolutely needed to. This was probably going to be a long night.

Once inside the apartment, the not-Luke heated up some food, ate, and decided a nap was a perfect idea. Let some time pass before he goes out again. He wasn't counting on Luke taking advantage of a nap and forcing himself out of the subconscious. Other Luke usually only came out when he felt threatened, scared, or.. memories of his mother resurfaced.

Luke sat up on his futon with a groan, rubbing his forehead. He pushed his hair out of his face and breathed deeply. What was he doing at home? He was supposed to be hanging out with Jason today. He looked at the microwave in the kitchen as he wandered his apartment, trying to figure things out, and blinked when the green numbers read 5:51. He'd slept the afternoon away? He frantically pulled out his phone and stared at the numbers there, then checked his text messages. No, he'd met with Jason. What happened that he was home and not still with him?

Rubbing his face, he groggily left his apartment, yawned, and looked up and down the street. Did they get in a fight? He fished his phone out of his pocket again and selected Jason's number from his short list of contacts. He typed 'What happened?' and hesitated, then added 'Did we get in a fight?' before sending the message. Best not flood his phone with texts if they did get in a fight. He frowned at his phone as the message went on its way. That would be an awfully strange message to receive, but he really couldn't remember anything since sitting down at the diner. Oohhhh, did he even get to eat his burger? Dangit..

(Oh wow this is so crappy im sorry)

Jason started when he received the text. "Jesus" he muttered to himself looking down at the phone. Luke was going to be a problem in his life now that Jason knew about the split personality. Jason himself is not a doctor to diagnose a problem like that but with it being so obvious it was hard not to. The agent tapped his foot and thought about how to go about this.

'No we didn't fight, you said you didn't feel well so I took you home' he sent. It was an obvious lie if Luke remembered everything but he took the chance anyways. Jason chewed on his lip worried that this whole thing would back fire on him. "How do you feel?' he sent after just to keep the illusion up.

Luke leaned against the door to his apartment. He didn't want to go back inside yet, it was stifling in there. He felt like he needed to get some air so he started walking. Didn't have a destination. Just walking.. His phone buzzed in his pocket, and he fished it out to look at the notification. He read Jason's message and frowned. That must've been why he was taking a nap. Sure.

'I feel fine now. Napped. Just a little groggy. Can we meet up? Feel bad for leaving early.' He replied, still frowning at the situation in general.

He shoved his hands in his pockets, shrugging his shoulders up against a chill wind that blew in the evening. It might rain again tonight. He hoped it didn't.. Maybe he could convince Jason to keep him company if it does storm. The thought brought an amused, and albeit embarrassed, smile to his face.

(( It's okay! I'm not expecting super-fantastic-uber-spectacular posts every time. @_@ Sometimes you just have to post something simple to keep the ball rolling. And I'm absolutely loving this so far. x3 ))

Jason turned on his car and pulled into the street and drove a little whiles away. He felt his phone buzz and looked at it before pulling over to answer.

'Sure I can pick you up around 10 minutes?' He sent turning off his car. He shoved all his food in the back seat of his car and sat forward, thinking to himself. Jason didn't know if it was safe to meet up with Luke now and if he should keep his gun on him. That could make Luke nervous if he noticed the handgun strapped to his torso.

He slowly pulled out his gun from his glove box and strapped it to his chest slipping the restraints into a comfortable position. He slipped his jacket on as buttoned it up before going in the rode again to pull up the street infront of Lukes apartment 'Here' he sent.

Luke had been walking around the block, wasting time. Ten minutes was a long time, or so it felt. He was restless. He was just rounding the corner to get back to his apartment when his phone buzzed in his pocket and he noticed the car pull up in the street. He jogged the rest of the way, trying to keep from getting too excited to see Jason again. What had happened, really? It was bothering him, a nagging feeling in the back of his mind like something was said or done that he would regret. He stopped next to the car, breathing a little heavy, and smiled, tapping lightly on the window to the driver's seat.

"Hey," he breathed, relief flooding into his lungs just as the air was. "Would..Would you like to come inside?"

Jason felt anxious but agreed anyways to go up into the apartment. He could protect himself from Luke easy enough (hopefully) but he knew that Luke was potentially a ticking time bomb. He locked up the car and followed Luke up to the apartment. Once inside the agent began to inspect his surroundings. It wasn't very homelike but it was kept clean other than misplaced items. He looked over at Luke and sighed.

"So how're you feeling now?" he asked looking Luke up and down "Did you want me to go grab some food?"

Luke let out a breath once they were inside. He was nervous, almost giddy. He'd never had company... Well, not in 5 years, at least. He fidgeted at the door, looking around his apartment to make sure there wasn't anything lying around. He didn't own much, so the place was pretty spotless. He scratched the back of his head, moving toward the futon.
"Umm, yeah. I'm feeling fine now. Come on in, make yourself at home."

He started moving pillows and blankets off of the futon, piling them on the floor next to it instead. He didn't sit just yet, still awkwardly watching Jason. Something felt off, like the agent was hiding something. It worried him, and he chewed on his lower lip as he watched the man.

"I'm not really that hungry now.. but if you want to go get something for yourself, that's fine. I don't want to.. uh.. keep you if you need to go."

He looked away, forcing himself to focus on something else for a moment. He really didn't want Jason to leave. He felt so much.. safer with him there.

Jason shook his head "No I was just making sure you didn't need anything" he said moving over to the futon. The agent looked the futon for a moment before he settled down on it. He sighed a bit and scratched the back of his head acutely aware of the pistol strapped to his ribs. He was unsure what to do and how to act around Luke now. What was the man's triggers? What sets him off?
Jason shifted around to get comfortable. He looked for something to say and couldn't really find anything at the moment.

Luke nodded slowly as he shuffled on his feet. Then he sat down, rather stiffly. It has been a long time since Luke has had any kind of company, he wasn't entirely sure what to do. He wrung his hands for a moment and took a deep breath. Gotta get something off his chest and the silence was killing him.

"I.. I really enjoy hanging out with you." He blurted hastily, letting out a nervous little laugh as he cast a shy glance at Jason.

He felt all giddy inside, shifting on his bottom as he tried desperately to think of something to talk about. Just anything, anything to have Jason speak to him..

Jason couldn't help but smile at the other man. The agent had to admit he had liked hanging out with Luke before he realized the man may or may not have a murderous second personality. "Me too" he said playing with his own fingers in an attempt to distract himself. "I'm glad I gave you my number."

Jason bounced his leg in an effort to dispel the nervous energy inside of him. He was acutely aware of the gun pressed cold against his ribs. He did not like using guns whatsoever. They were loud, violent contraptions that left him with an odd sense of derailment in his mind. "So Uh... How do you like it here?"

Luke swallowed, pressing his hands tightly between his knees. He felt like a nervous schoolboy, which was silly.

"It's alright. Cosy town. Everyone seems nice," he answered slowly. "Do you ever miss home?"

His voice was so quiet, as though he were afraid that if he spoke too loudly, he'd scare Jason off or ruin the moment. He tried his hardest to keep his stare away from the man. His grey eyes blinked to Jason's leg, noting how it just kept moving. That made him look up at the FBI in confused wonder. Did Luke make him nervous? He didn't want Jason to be nervous...

Hesitantly, Luke touched Jason's knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.