Vice & Virtue [Interest Check] (Canceled)

Primula

Edgebabby
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences

Vice & Virtue
Marzec's Legacy

OST: STICK UP

PRIM & POPE PRESENTS

Action / Anime / Crime / Drama / Fantasy / Modern / Urban Fantasia.

PREMISE​

Aaken City, home of the brave and the cowardly. In an age where underground criminals hold more power than the law, it seemed as if the city had taken control of its own fate. But even the audacious must abide by the necessities of prudence and the laws of nature - all that began must end. For the last twelve years, criminal activities persisted and flourished under the Pact of Honor, of which had guaranteed peaceful coexistence between the prominent Seven Families and their subsidiary branches. With the declining intervention of law enforcements, prevalent criminal settlements attributed to the well-earned name of badge-bearers as the "thin blue line." Helpless in the face of overwhelming crime syndicates, Aakenites turned to the Seven Families. Now, with Aaken City absent of its icon, the Seven Families are keen on seizing this chance to control Aaken for themselves. Among the unsung legends, the Griffon Cartel is wary of her associates. Yet, unbeknownst to the Seven Families, a new threat arises. Through vice and virtue, what story will you write in this historic age of opprobrium and honor?

GRIFFON CARTEL​

The Griffon Cartel was founded by an enthusiastic and crafty Luna Ylaris almost more than five decades ago. A brutal but effective gunrunner from Lugo, the self-sustained lady clawed her way to the top. The Cartel's roots started out as a logistic company that earned a reputation for themselves as effective smugglers. Ylaris earned the moniker "La Reina" of 29th and Nyxis for her unrivaled control and absolute influence in The Basilisk. The head of the Cartel would since be addressed as thus. After a few territorial wars that left the Cartel weakened and vulnerable, Ylaris fell ill and eventually ceded her position of power to her entrusted sicaria, Preisig. Following a few events that involved Marzec's arrival and rise to power, Preisig aligned the Cartel with the man and began to expand their fields of craft. Piggybacking on the success of the powerful mage, the Cartel prospered. With Marzec's backing, Preisig's rule was legitimately recognized by the other Families. Under the rule of La Reina Preisig, the Cartel grew out of the Basilisk, poised on securing the industrial Sangrissa & 47th.​

UNIQUE CHAPTER CONDITION​

The Griffon Cartel members are able to vote on their preferred mission details from the set of contracts that come their way. These contracts may open up a variety of underworld networks and connections that can enhance the Cartel's influence, while giving them access to advanced weaponry and supplies. Silent Contracts are special missions assigned by anonymous members among the Seven to further their ambitions. While Silent Contracts can greatly increase the Cartel's influence, it can also invite unwanted troubles from certain factions and entities - a double-edged sword.

ADVISORY​

Hello! Primula here. This is my first RP here on Iwaku, but I have about 5 years of RP experiences under my belt as a player and occasional vice-GM. Alas, we all have rooms for improvements. Exciting!
Vice & Virtue is a standalone, fantasy organized-crime RP that I would like to share with you guys and gals here. In this story, we will follow the development of the Griffon Cartel's presence within Aaken City. While V&V belongs to a broader fantasy universe, I've adjusted several elements to let us maneuver about more freely. With that said, do not be intimidated by the preestablished locales and namesakes. As the story progresses, all will be revealed in-character and lore-complemented with time. With that said, I will be requesting the following compliance from y'all:

- (Casual) Literary Level, comprehensible grammar and spelling mandatory. No one-liners!
- Designed and written specifically with anime-aesthetics in mind. Thus I will only accept anime FCs.
- Minor substance consumption & violent themes. Viewer discretion is advised.
- Please file an absent-notice prior to dropping or taking a break. Common courtesy.
- Deposit any questions you may have in the replies below, and I'll be sure to answer 'em when able.
- Iwaku rules and common sense apply.

I look forward to your replies.

Reactions: Esmeray
What's the technological age of this fantasy world you have constructed?
Hello!
To answer your question, it is equivalent to our contemporary technology irl, with some magical elements and arcanetech-infused apparatus.

Reactions: Ur Degaton