Veritas Region

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dashe & Leon: Once the Pawniard's attack connected, the young boy fell silent for a second. Shock filled his visage as he noticed the damage that was caused with the single attack. Quickly covering up his surprise, his shouting fit began again.

"What a weak pokemon! It can't even take a simple attack like that!"

Pawniard still hadn't moved from when he used his initial attack. He seemed just as surprised as his trainer. Dashe's yell surprised the Pawniard and caused it to take a step back. Then with Jehuty's leer, Pawniard seemed struck with fear as it took another step back, bladed hand slightly extended to try and cover eye contact between the Scyther and itself.

"What are you doing, Pawniard?! Get in there and attack again! This battle isn't over yet!!"

The group around the two novice trainers battling and artist continued to grow. There was now about twelve people floating around the battle to see what was going on. An elite trainer could even be seen watching over the battle.

DJ, Anne & Jimmy: Once DJ turned to the side, the girl tried to keep reaching. What DJ said seemed to just go over her head, but Jimmy's words caused her to stop. Her eyes cut to face him as he continued to talk to her about what she was doing "wrong." Once Charmander began to pitch in to his trainer's rant, the Oddish at the girl's leg could be seen shaking. A Sweet Scent began to encompass the area the group was in.

"The ONLY person harassing anyone is YOU. No one was speaking with you in the first place. An ELITE trainer? BAH! You can hardly consider yourself a trainer. You want to have a pokemon battle? Okay. If I win, I can hung and play with that baby pokemon all I want. If I lose, I'll consider you an elite trainer. Well, and since we put him in this deal, let's let him have some way to sway the battle. We will make this a two on two. You and him versus my two pokemon."

The girl glared at Jimmy as she spoke and smiled and glanced at the baby pokemon when she mentioned winning and DJ participating in the battle. Waiting on the answer to her new challenge, she glanced at the group and noticed Anne was there as well.

"Oh! How rude of me. I'm Alexis. Who are you? Maybe you can be my partner instead, if you want!"[/hr]

DJ & Jimmy: Jimmy wiped his face as his fiery spirit seemed to dwindle to nothing but a smoldering ember. "YEA I'LL Ta- take... your challenge" He seemed to become more docile as the sweet scent filled the air. This also had an effect on the small Chamander, as Smores shrugged its small shoulders and stood less defiantly across from the Odish. Charmader mutterd a questioning growl, in a mellow tone.

"Yea DJ, how about joining me in teaching this lady a lesson? We can call our tag team attacks the BackHand," with a thumbs up and grin at his old friend.

As DJ watched the situation unfold into a worse one, he was surprisingly calm, given how against this he was. Even Jimmy's attempt to let out a joke didn't break his demeanor. In fact his face was as straight as it could be as he replied to the situation that was unfolding between them.

"I refuse this battle, and I refuse to let you involve me and my pokemon in your argument. If you guys wanna battle, that's fine, but I want nothing to do with it."

DJ moved away from the group to opening that he came from originally, sitting just next to it against the wall along with Shinx.

Pokemon were a unique existence, caught somewhere between animals and man. This duality could easily be read as caught somewhere between instinctual living and free thinking. Like humans, they can relate back to their instincts, but unlike them, its a good assumption that their closer ties to the common animals gives them increased instincts. At the core of instincts is fight or flight.

Jehuty was now in a state of pure instincts. The pawniard's attack was devastating largely because Jehuty over thought. That over thinking couldn't be brought into battle. Dashe would soon learn it's the trainer's job to be the one thinking, not Jehuty.

But Jehuty didn't need to think anymore, he needed to act, and he did just that. He jumped into the air, trying to get outside of the pawniard's reach, then spun. The scyther's blade's cut through the air, resulting in the air around him wailing in protest. A few spins was all it took for the wailing to drown out the crowd, and just as it got to the point, the scyther stopped and gave a final lash at the air with his scythes. This final slash caused the air to explode forth in a near visible air wave which aimed to come crashing down on the pawniard.

Vacuum Wave

DJ & Jimmy: With the lack of answer from Anne, the girl turned away from her as DJ and Jimmy responded to her challenge.

"Hmm.. I guess that's fair enough. Regardless, though, let's do our battle, Charmander Trainer. We'll have to go to the top deck to do it."

Once she finished speaking, the girl took off toward the stairs with the small Oddish latched on to her leg.

Dashe: Once the Scyther jumped into the air, the small crowd took a step back and fell silent. The Pawniard and his trainer seemed awestruck at the sight and sound that emanated from the pokemon. As Scyther finished spinning, Pawniard got into a defense position to prepare for an attack. The slice in the air didn't seem like anything to the dual-type or his trainer. It wasn't until a resounding thud could be heard from the attack connecting with the dark and steel-type pokemon that the trainer knew something occured. The Pawniard fell forward and remained motionless as did the crowd.

"Pawniard! Get up! We aren't done yet! You can't let such a pathetic pokemon beat you in battle!"

The young boy continued to speak to his pokemon and ran up to him. Nothing seemed to wake or move the small pokemon, though. The pawniard's trainer's voice began to crack as he continued to talk to his pokemon, but the Elite trainer in the crowd stepped in before he began to cry. With out word, the elite trainer pulled out an item from his pack that looked like a small crystal and placed it on the pokemon. The crystal absorbed into the pokemon and the pawniard woke up. Once the dual-type stood up, the elite trainer walked away.

"... You got lucky this time. We'll win the next one..."

The young boy returned Pawniard to his pokeball and took off running down the stairs. The small crowd around Dashe began lightly cheering and congratulating him on his first victory.[/hr]

Dashe was breathless. In the moment that Jehuty attacked, the world stood still. He had never seen Jehuty attack anything before. When he hunted, he hunted alone. It was exciting, awing, and terrifying. The attack landed and seemed super effective, enough to knock the bladed Pokemon out. Another trained stepped in and seemingly revived the Pokemon, as Jehuty slowly descended. Dashe waited a moment, still unsure how to deal with his powerful Pokemon, but that moment was fleeting as he saw his friend bleeding on the deck. He ran forward and grabbed the green part of Jehuty's bladed arm and pulled him past the crowd.

"Move! I have to get him to the center!" He called out amid the crowd that had gathered. For a while after that, he and Jehuty seemed quite, not quite sure what to say to each other. To them, there really wasn't a victory. Sure, they seemingly beat a bully, but at the cost of a large attack on Jehuty.

"How do people do this for fun...? It's so cruel..." Dashe said breathlessly to mainly Jehuty. Truth was, Dashe felt a little scared of Jehuty.

DJ and his new friend looked from a safe distance to see how the situation would unfold. The mood was calm and happy given the spores that were still in the air and the jubilation that he was still feeling from his freshly hatched pokemon. After staring for a second he looked down as him only to be greeted by his very own stomach growling. It was so loud in fact that it startled shinx. DJ laughed it off before speaking.

"Sorry about that buddy, why don't we go get some food, I'm sure you're just as hungry as I am. Jimmy! Have fun with your battle we're gonna go grab a bite to eat, let me know how it goes. Don't you go losing in your first battle."

Teasing each other was kind of their thing and now was now different. He genuinely wanted to see his friend succeed though and that feeling was apparent. Hunger was always precedent though, and it could not wait a second longer. DJ began to move towards the mess hall for a bite to eat at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.