Vengeance

Raphael nodded his head and grunted when Zakuro pulled away from him and ran out of the house. He certainly didn't expect himself to react towards Zakuro like that and he wasn't sure if it was right - to seem like hitting on a girl who's boyfriend, who was a teammate of his just died recently.

Raphael strolled out of the house after Zakuro, and he travelled there together with Zakuro. Once they arrived, however, they went their separate ways - Zakuro wanted to go to the hot tubs, which Raphael wanted to go to, too but just not yet. Instead, Raphael headed for the gym. There were .. A lot on his mind. The prospect of going on this journey which they had a high chance of not surviving, the amount of fighting that they would have to do and .. this sudden attraction for Zakuro.

It wasn't something he could afford to have. Not now!

At the gym, Raphael put on the boxing gloves they had provided and he threw his fists against the training dummies and punching bags for those who practiced a martial art. He lost himself doing his moves, going through every combination with a mechanical efficiency that he could see was the envy of the other practitioners, who were after all, non-magical and had no magic to help them along in terms of their physical capabilities. When the time for dinner came closer, Raphael, with his muscles burning with exertion went to take a shower and he changed into more presentable clothes - a button up shirt and pants. Raphael went to the restaurant in the resort and he got a table for two, sitting down patiently with a book while waiting for Zakuro to arrive.

Zakuro didn't know where to begin when she arrived at the restaurant. What would they talk about? Surely talking about Fairy Tail would only serve to make them more depressed then they already were. Now was a time to relax and not have to worry about anything. A day like this before they left would be perfect! That way they would be in tip top shape to fight the dark guilds.

Zakuro pulled out her only shirt that had sleeves and looked semi-casual, but yet had a nice v-neck shape, indicating it could be used for causual and dressing up purposes. She looked in her back and found that Raphael hadn't really packed all her make up and she certainly wasn't expecting him too, but she did find a couple things of foundation and lipstick. She put it on lightly as to not look too overdone, yet not look lazy. She then pulled on a nice pair of jeans, brushed her hair out nicely and headed off towards the restaurant.

As she arrived, she could see Raphael in the corner of the restaurant, his face buried in a book. She laughed to herself as she told the chef they were together and went to sit next to him. Zakuro cleared her throat as she sat. Raphael looked nice. He was in casual clothing. She was glad she decided not to put a crap load of make up on. That would only serve to make her look over dressed. She was glad she only wore a casual shirt.

"I'm here...so put the book away for now and let's try and relax...try to get to know one another so that we aren't pulling each other's hair out!" She laughed a little, placing her head in her hands which were propped on the table. She ushered the chef to bring her her usual dish, teriyaki chicken over rice. He nodded and headed back into the kitchen to prepare it.

"So, Raphael, anything you want to tell me about yourself that you think I should know? Don't hold back, I need to know a lot so I don't get on your bad side or anything! You do and I'll tell you everything I can about myself..." her ears perked up and her tail, sticking off the back end of the bench began to lazily swish back and forth.

While Raphael waited for Zakuro to arrive at the restaurant, he pored over the book that he had taken out. It was a small, pocket sized novel that was magical - he had gotten it as a reward after a job where he chased off a bunch of fanboys who was angry at an author for killing off their favourite character. The book could keep downloading books and its memory wouldn't ever run out. Or did it just have a huge memory? Whatever it was, it was good for Raphael.

Raphael glanced up when he heard Zakuro clear her throat and he smiled. He definitely didn't smile at being interrupted halfway through reading but it was just how Zakuro looked then. She was .. pretty. Not a beauty queen, but more of a girl next door kind of pretty. At the woman's request, Raphael closed the book, noting that the corner of the page he was on automatically folded up when he did so and returned it to where it belonged in his pocket. "Done." Raphael grinned at the woman and waved both of his empty hands at her.
Raphael nodded to the chef as the man walked away - he had ordered before Zakuro arrived, and the nod was to tell the man that he wanted their food to be served together. He had ordered a nice, big juicy cheeseburger and a mound of fries dribbled with melted cheese. If this was going to be his last meal before he went off on a mission he might not return from, he was going to let himself indulge a little.

Raphael locked his fingers over each other and he leaned forward too, subconsciously drawn towards how Zakuro was also seated. He didn't realize how he was mirroring her actions. "What I like .. ?" Raphael's voice trailed off as he tried to think up a couple of things to say. "Reading. Training. Writing. Girls - Don't judge, I'm a guy." Raphael grinned at her at the very last part before he found his gaze pulled towards her swishing tail.

"And your tail. It is very .. cute." Raphael gave her a sheepish smile, having not found the right word to describe Zakuro's tail with.

Zakuro giggled at Raphael's comment about her tail. She moved off her hands and layed them on the table in front of her.

"Thanks! That is what Gray told me too when we were just about to start dating...although I think he called it intruiguing. I got my tail and my ears from my father. My father is a wolf who can transform into a man. He can speak like a man, walk like a man, but he is full blooded wolf. When he was a wolf, he was trying to figure out a way to make the kind woman he cared for fall for him. He studied magic and soon found a way where he could turn into a man. He learned it and perfected it before he even told her that he could do that. Before she had known it, she had fallen for the wolf she had been taking care of since it was a pup...They got married and my father stayed in human form for a while so they could have a chance at having a normal human child. But instead, they got me...half wolf and half human...Sorry to ramble on, just thought I should let you know my backstory...."

Before she knew it, her chicken teriyaki over rice came out. She also took the liberty of ordering some garlic bread too. Before she dug into it though, she played around with her chicken a little. She then looked back up at Raphael, her tail still swishing back and forth slowly.

"I don't judge easily by the way.....As long as you act and seem like a nice person to me, you generally are...You seem like a nice person so I find it easy to trust you. Oh and one more thing about my tail. You are absolutely not to touch my tail...It hurts really bad if you do...plus i get angry if it is touched and/or injured..."

She took a drink of water that had been placed in front of them and began to eat some of her food slowly. She looked up at Raphael again. Her face then turned a light shade of red as she asked the good looking Raphael this embarrassing question.

"Um...You don't mind my tail and ears do you? Some people do and I don't want to hang around if they are only going to annoy you and drag you down....I don't want to be the cause of my own comrades demise simply because he can't stand to look at my tail and/or ears....It sounds silly, but i've had it happen on more than one occassion. My comrades seriously got injured because they were distracted by my ears or my tail..."