Variate//Wirklichkeit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blood Strength: 100%

As the flames appeared from the forest direction Astere doubled over, sheltering his small form and protecting the sword with his body. Cristoph was much calmer, having no reaction whatsoever as the flames whooshed above his head. He watched the fire hungrily latch onto others within the large group, noting with a chuckle they only hit the non human members. It appeared they had a rather racist being nearby with a particular control over flame. Two of the group escaped, one digging down into the earth while the other simply vanished from view. The burning group members were quickly helped out by the others as ice magic smothered the fire and a giant lizard attempted to add his own 'water'.

Deciding that the event was over for now he called out towards where he guessed the flame had come from, "Please come out Mr or Mrs Racist and finish what you started, or surrender, we're quite busy here." He then turned his attention to the current star of the moment, the shapeshifter who had gleaned an eagle eye view of the surroundings. Sticking true to form and ignoring the words the others had spoken Cristpoh opened his own mouth, "Out with it shapshifter, what did you see? Quickly now, before the racist returns to finish you and your friend off. The rest of us need to be moving on and we need that information."

Rant's digging to the forest began to speed up causing the ground to tremble yet again. The tunnel started to become large enough for him to at least crouch which was all he needed. Blow for blow the ground continued to shake. The soft topsoil above Rant began to cave again and sure enough did, but this time it did not catch the Sand Rat for he had reached his destination. A loud war cry was heard as a tree was slowly uprooted. When the roots of the tree could be seen clearly it wobbled unsteadily and only the flames of hatred could be seen gleaming in Rant's eye. The rat slowly shuffled out of the hole, small patches of fur ruined now recolored by the dirt coat he now wore. Rant's first breaths of fresh air were wasted on a loud war cry that was followed by loud crash of the tree being slammed on the ground breaking the top half off.

"Damn mage come out! I'll make this quick if you do!" Rant went berserk dragging his tree around knocking down any cover of foliage in his way. When his old tree broke he replaced it with a fresh one. Rant stopped for a moment focusing on sound trying to find even the slightest hint of another being. As Rant focused he began to calm down losing his will to find the mage, but before he went to chew out the lizard he took one last look around. When he saw and heard nothing he chucked his log forward letting it crash into another. Rant hopped back into his hole (even though he could've walked over) and dug his way back to the group. When he punched through the cracked soil he shook the dirt off himself and looked around. They all seemed to be talking to the druid, but Rant's focus was on the lizard. "Hey lizard man! You're making up for this." Rant's tone dropped and he pointed to one of the various marks on his body. He stomped creating a small enough crater for him to dig underground again except this time the hole was large enough for someone to step in and open, this however was only so Rant could hear and cool off at the same time.

"My hands burn like hell." Rant sighed as if he blew a cloud of smoke and leaned against the wall of his rabbit hole. "How is it friend?" He lightly touched the necklace around his neck and felt instantly at ease. He took deep breaths thinking about the events that have transpired. He thought about his behavior and the title he should be upholding, but realized he was doing everything except help at the moment. For now he didn't really care. "... I hate the lot of 'em." Naturally the deeper Rant fell into his meditative state the more his detective mind began to think about how he was hit. He started to recollect the various things others said while he digging for the mage. "...I'd assume that she's not part of this biome place. Ya know, 'cause this is a forest, and that was fire magic. Which means, she was one of the sleepers..." Rant hopped out of the ground with his back to the group staring at the girl who started a fire. "I'm an idiot." He drew his sword and points in the general direction of the girl. "Only 16 remain. Two of which these sleepers had seen the girl and one so kind to give us the name. One drowned the noise from my hearing, but the next doused the flames. Now I've figured out the puzzle. You ain't gonna hit me again. Actually to my surprise I'm the only one who did not remain calm due to your attack. If not for that simple fact I would have resolved this sooner. I applaud you for that." Rant started to walk toward the brush. "Let me give you a hint on your situation. You're hiding in a sea of leaves. Unlike water this sea is really loud when you move. I have you in checkmate."

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: IceChateau777
A bright, blinding light invaded her vision. The girl faun was set ablaze only to have the flames doused by a healing spell. This was a magical and crazy place. Ignorance seized Lucifera, for she had no business to test her powers.

She could have killed everyone! Her realization angered her, her wings flapping up and down. Brynhildr didn't even flinch, as she tried to stay back. She looked at Kyoya, believing "birdman" was aimed at her. "Birdman" sounded disrespectful, even to someone with wings. "Me? What bird of a man?" The valkyrie inquired to Kyoya, wondering who that was. Seeing no other winged humanoid, the answer stared at her face. Staying on the sidelines could hurt her. Finally, she decided to make her presence known.

In her head, she chanted the words, "Let the light shine, for I am free and whole." A bright, golden light emanated from her fingertips, floating off into the dungeon like a fairy. The incandescent orb hovered around the adventurers, not sure of what to expect. Finally, she saw someone was shapeshifting from a hawk. Just thinking about trying to fight the unstable made her physically sick. Valkyries had little time to spare for babysitting. She looked at the lizard man and asked, "Why are they acting like that?" She felt disappointed at Rant and Luci, for they chose to ignore this party.

Brynhildr didn't have a hard time socializing as long as it wasn't a huge group. Sixteen adventurers, including herself, proved too much. "How noisy... very, very, very noisy..." She slurred under her breath, her Norse dialect coming to light. All of this nature wasn't from Earth's gifts. In fact, the trees and the plants looked alien to her.

Lucifera Ignus
Lucifera watched as the brilliant streak of orange pillared from the sky and set ablaze the hawk which flew within the air. Given the subsequent cries of pain and urgency, it was blatantly obvious that further individuals had become victim to the flames, yet from the perspective of source, there was little to no concern for any consequence of her action. The spell was hardly aimed; thus, such bitter lack of awareness was certainly the victim's own undoing. Besides, if her basic cast was enough to void the life of any prospective adventurer, then their hopes of ever fulfilling a dream within the endless dungeon was null..with or without her magical assistance. A small yawn escaped her lips as she shifted her gaze up towards the sky in observation of her spell's results. The faded fog was an obvious success, yet from her perspective on the ground, there was little within her field of vision. Only the sight of a floating castle was discernible in a particular direction from where she stood. Without better choice in destination and an obvious conflict to withhold her return to the group, Lucifera began moving in the direction of the structure; her footsteps light and nimble as she attempted to withdraw without garnering unnecessary awareness to herself. Nonetheless, her efforts proved to be in vain as the sound of rupturing earth quickly diverted her attention away. At first, only the sight of a hand, reaching from the earth, was visible to her eyes, yet quickly, the rest of the body emerged with the sudden formation of a mediocre sized crater. The figure was certainly peculiar, being bipedal, yet rat-like in nature, but more pressing was the sudden blade of steel pointed her way. Lucifera's immediate response was to assume a combative position in the case of the newcomer's assault, yet his sudden divergence into a speech of his deductions calmed herself into a state of passive amusement. Out of respect for his efforts, she remained half-attuned to his words; all while fiddling her necklace as she inspected his disheveled appearance. From the context available, it was quite obvious that he had been a victim of her flames, but even further pronounced was the stupidity which brought him, alone, to the source of his suffering.

"Thine power, Infernus, blue flames of corruption.
I invoke thee now, the Seal of Corrosion."

Lucifera's incantation was quite frankly, without warning, as she suddenly spoke at the conclusion of the rat-man's speech. Immediately, any appearance of orange flames quickly changed to blue as she invoked a conversion from Caelum to Infernus. Unlike the spell from before, the present cast was without a theatrical presentation as a simple rune, formed from blue flames, appeared in the air before her. Were the magicks to successfully cast, the rune would transfer to her target, in particular, the rat-man before her. A grin encompassed the girl's face as she directed a sweet smile the opposition's way; all while speaking in a tone that felt mixed between amusement and pity.

"As advice for the future, providing you survive...Act before talking.
Oh and by the way...Checkmate...

32zib6g.jpg

"Hrm...?" Ouro let his arms slump to his sides when the faun moved in for a hug, the small nimble thing she was. Up close, the big guy realized she was the most adorable thing, and as surprised and confused he was at the moment, he couldn't help but wonder what someone like her was doing in the Endless Dungeon. Adding to his relief that she turned out fine, there was nothing off to the scent of the air around her, nothing except the stench of the forest already all around them anyway. The little faun girl had a bit of the smell of fresh leaves and crisp, autumn air to her, along with the undeniable yet never fully explainable perfume of magic that he found tend to be different from person to person. His eye studied her figure carefully even as she moved back as quickly as she approached.

That was when the masked young man came to her side, and Ouro realized they were fairly acquainted with each other through their exchange of words, and the scents they shared between them. The young man spoke respectfully, and Ouro watched as he worried for the girl, then turned to everybody else including Ouro himself. The saurian came to head and nodded when Thaylin thanked him, though that was as much as he could afford while he still weighed the situation. For one thing, the masked lad had mentioned the 'mist' around them, but in what context was lost to Ouro. Just to make everything around him seem like a dream even more, a small furry being punched through the soil at that time and loudly mentioned 'lizard' for some reason or another. Ouro caught the glimpse of the being's body before he popped back underground. Ah, he needed to sort this out quickly. To that end he intended to keep to himself for a bit, and see how far the dream goes. Getting to the end was all he needed to see if it measures up.

"No, no..." Ouro seemed to try to say before he pulled out a lighter layer of fur clothing from under the makeshift windbreaker he'd draped over one arm. He held it out to the faun girl without another word, but his head had turned towards the two that were talking to each other in one direction. Or, at least, the blue-haired ice sorceress was the one doing the talking. She seemed to be telling the bright-eyed lad all about his magic, but Ouro couldn't follow much of it.

After a while, the sorceress spoke up again, and then the younger sorceress did follow up on her, asking for, strangely, a 'chickenman'?. At any rate, before long everyone seemed to be spewing words across at one another. Ouro could make out much of what they said, but he wouldn't be able to return to them with as much fluidity. His eye followed and studied each of them who offered their own words. The orb of light that one of them - the tall, serene figure of a winged woman clad in armored garment - served up in the clearing definitely helped. Jumping from one to another, Ouro couldn't study them all very much at the moment. But he gathered enough that they were involved in different magics. He found it strange even, that he couldn't trace one small scent somewhere in the clearing to anybody in his field of vision, even if it didn't smelt like it was far away. Looking around, Ouro stared a bit at the silent girl clad in the robe, the furthest away from the group's center. What was she going to do next?

Surprising Ouro as he contemplated the person, however, the furry being sprang up again, and soon was the pointed end of his weapon aimed towards the darkened brush further away. Ouro could follow; the source of the fire attack earlier was hiding in that direction? The dream, he felt, started to move more quickly with apparently the first threat appearing already. Perhaps a bit too quickly, in fact. Luckily for him, the winged woman from earlier seemed to be of the same opinion; she complained to him, wondering about how the others were acting. Meeting her in the eyes, he didn't need to think long for an answer. As much as the rut confused him, it was the only logical thing to happen in a crowd of strangers.

"...People don't understand people all time." he said to the winged woman, feeling she was another friendly spirit. "That's why, need to sit to talk. Because people cannot hear what other thinks, yeah...?" he continued again, turning to watch the sand rat's every move once again. Even then, he attempted to continue to study the winged woman's scent, but the forest continued to water down his perception. But in the end, there was still one thing he could see clearly, that made him wish his axe was in hand instead of his dingy windbreaker.

The glow of the bluish fire, again.

And yet, something told Ouro... It wasn't the same.

Endo...who?

Still, despite the huge amounts of meaningless jargon that he heard, Zephyr understood most of what the long-haired man was saying.
"Oh, so you are a Levian?" He wasn't hugely familiar with the race, but unlike some of those present, and by some he meant the giant lizard and pissed-off rat-man, he did know them.
"Oh, but," he added a sudden thought, "I think it would be better for you if you make more of the same bit of your life instead of giving it. So then you don't have to take it back again."
Nonetheless, he considered it impressive that what was ultimately a primitive flow alteration magic could be used in such a way.
"That must mean that you can make water do things. That must be a really good magic to have in hot places for a Levia--"
He stopped, his ears pricking up.

"...hiding in a sea of leaves. Unlike water this sea is really loud when you move. I have you in checkmate."

"Thine power, Infernus, blue flames of corruption.
I invoke thee now, the Seal of Corrosion."

Found you.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was truly a mystery why everyone was so forgiving despite the clear attempt at their very lifes, sure, a fire attack in a forest biome was kinda out of place, but even so, did the group of adventurers never experience human greed...or racism? Killing one another off in favour of more power. Or were they all just that nice? But what about the last person still on the ground then? Did they plan to completely ignore that one?

Regardless, out of the medium-sized group there was actually one who wasn't as forgiving, the one who was still badly hurt from the attack before, the one who didn't receive the gift of healing magic. Quickly figuring out where the fire girl was lurking, a small exchange of words sealed the deal. This time, he was prepared. This time, he would pay her back twofold. This time, he expected the cleansing orange flames. But this time, Lucifera used something different, the fiery rune manifested itself in the space the sandrat was occupying, fast and deadly. There was a slim chance he could have realized and made a dodge attempt, alas he did not. And the flames hit. Blue in nature, they set his skin ablaze once more, the burn was vastly different from before. But orange flames, blue flames, for him, who barely hanged onto life, they made no different. Though any attempt to relinquish those accursed flames would be in vain.

The woman gave off a small sigh, she didn't seem to care about the small skirmish nor the last person still on the ground. Rising up from the stone she was sitting on she moved to the biggest gathering of people. "I suggest we move soon. What do you plan on doing once it's dark? Set the forest ablaze?" While there was no visible sun, it was obvious that something was spending light, as it got gradually darker and darker.

Thaylin looked around at the small group that surrounded him, something inside of him didn't like being in the middle of all these people, but he understood their wish for information. Slowly and surely, he takes the time to relay all of what he saw, trying to leave nothing out. At the end he's fairly confident that he got the main points across, and goes to suggest a direction to take, when the rat-man was promptly lit on fire.

At first, Thaylin just stood there, surprised that a second burst of fire appeared after a brief incantation that he faintly heard seconds before hand. He was tempted to intervene, but the light was running low, and with the bones and such he had seen earlier, he had an eerie feeling about remaining too long in the clearing. If the rat and the mage wanted to battle, so be it. It seemed like a healer had intervened anyway, so there was little himself or May could do. Turning around and facing to where the huts and forest were in, he calls out to the group around him. "I'll be going north, May and myself know the forest, and huts may hold supplies or people." He turns around, appraising the group and nodding before starting to walk. "Anyone who wishes is welcome to follow us, if not, I wish you luck in this place."

On that note, the masked druid started walking North, unsure of what would be in front of them. But he had meant what he said, anyone who wished to follow the druid would be welcome. Anyone hwo chose their own path he wished the best of luck, but there wasn't much daylight left, his group needed to move, and fast.

Food and Supplies
Rope
Bone Dagger
Satchel
Herbology Book
Animal skins shaped as clothing
Various herbs in a herb pouch within the satchel
Bandages

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: PandaChu
"Oh, so you are a Levian?"

Myst gave another of his plain blinks, seeming to come out of his emotionless shell a little; opening up to the man somewhat.
"Yes... indeed. You're the first one I've met that can actually identify my race..." Myst said, seeming ever-so-slightly impressed. Perhaps this one was more interesting than Myst initially thought; he'd have to see what he could do combat-wise.

"Oh, but, I think it would be better for you if you make more of the same bit of your life instead of giving it. So then you don't have to take it back again." Myst somehow chuckled without smiling; he could see the logic there, but if it were that simple, the Levian race would've inherited the power a long a time ago.
"Making more of 'the same bit of my life' would most likely damage my body... unless I'm missing your point here - but yes, doing what you suggest isn't as easy as it sounds. Otherwise I would've mastered the technique ages ago." Myst said plainly, twirling his hair around a finger as he talked. When he twirled his hair, it meant he was engaged in the current conversation. Magic was a beautiful and intriguing art; Myst enjoyed talking about and explaining it. He was used to being around pea-brained martial fighters, who wouldn't understand basic mathematics, let alone magic.

Myst realised one woman was still a sleep. Ugh... another human, by the looks of things. An armoured fighter, though - who would certainly be very useful in a battle formation. Hm... she seemed to be having trouble waking up, though; Myst supposed it would be worth awakening the woman to see what she could do.

Although it wasn't a very nice way of waking somebody up, Myst knew his strategy was effective. Opening one of his water canteens, Myst poured it over the head of the woman, before stepping back blandly. Hm. A heavy sleeper.

As for the other people talking, it was quite difficult to keep track of all the different voices. He'd need to learn about everyone later. One person he didn't really notice beforehand was a blue-haired woman of some sort - a witch, apparently. Interesting; he'd have to see what she could do later. The bossy human was blathering on about something to do with racism... hmph... also, the lizard clearly wasn't very bright, but he had a good heart - and was probably strong on the frontline.

~~~
Myst was cut off from his thoughts when the black-haired male stopped talking, for whatever reason. The next thing he knew, he was looking at the furry creature finding the fire mage - a woman with heterochromia, bearing a smile that deeply aggravated Myst. Was she casting a seal, or some sort? The black-haired boy then seemed to try and get in the way of the attack; that wasn't really how seals worked - although the sudden display of power from the man was... quite remarkable, actually. There was certainly more to him than Myst had originally thought. And then, inevitably, the furred thing was in flames.

"...For the love of Stirhya..." Myst hissed under his breath. That fire mage was a problem - a large one, at that - even if the furred thing was somewhat asking for it. He figured he should help, though. He didn't want the furred thing dying already; the burrowing would probably be very useful. He also needed to find out if the fire mage was legitimately trying to kill everyone. The friendly Valkyrie mumbled 'noisy' behind Myst; which was a very adequate way of putting the situation. To think they were put in a dangerous 'Endless Dungeon', and five minutes in, people were already killing each other. It was absolutely moronic.

Beginning to weave his magic again, Myst overheard the male druid as he approached to assist the furry thing.
"I'll be going north, May and myself know the forest, and huts may hold supplies or people. Anyone who wishes is welcome to follow us, if not, I wish you luck in this place."
"I'll be going with you, once I've taken care of this problem." Myst called back to the male druid blandly.

Once again, the delicate slithers of blue floated in the air around Myst, as the cocoon began to weave around the alight sand rat.
"Hn...hnnng... w-what?!" Myst mumbled to himself, straining a little with effort. The flames... his... his energy couldn't put them out? Did he miscast? Or was this mage's fire something no simple cleansing spell could deal with? Nonetheless, the sand rat's burns had been mended greatly, which would put him out of a critical condition, at the very least. The seal would keep burning, however, and Myst was unsure how he'd go about putting it out. Perhaps the sand rat could just survive through it, and Myst could deal with the injuries later. For now, though, the female fire mage was at Myst's attention.

Myst looked at the fire mage plainly as the blue light returned to him, slightly cocking his head as if trying to understand her. Taking a few, calm steps towards her, Myst came from behind the sandrat, looking at the fire mage plainly.
"Tell me... is your aim to kill us?" Myst couldn't have asked the question simpler. "...Because, fire mage, you could've killed an innocent woman in one of the most painful ways possible if I weren't here." Myst gave a quiet sigh, looking at his fingernails. "I don't think you really care, though. As for you-" Myst paused, looking at the sand rat who was still ablaze. "-I see why you're furious, but go and see if anyone can put out those flames. Don't die pointlessly." Myst said plainly, although with a little more urgency. He was ablaze, after all; even if Myst didn't show it, he felt somewhat guilty that he was unable to stop the burning.

Myst turned back to the fire mage.
"More conflict is tedious. Will you help us or not."

Myst was managing to keep calm when he could very easily get angry at the fire mage, but then he'd be the moron fighting. Myst had his water canteens uncapped and ready to counter the possibility of an aggressive move by the fire mage, but Myst didn't stand in an offensive position. He couldn't be more passive, truth be told. If she was dishonourable enough to set him alight, then Myst would completely lose it, if he somehow managed to live through the horrible flames. Hopefully the others would come to his aid, though, before he needed to unleash the Hidden Blizzard technique.

Ugh... look at her. She probably thought he was a joke... a pyromaniac if Myst had ever seen one. Alas, as much as he hated the art of fire, Myst was willing to see if she actually had a sane side, and was willing to improve her chances of survival by coming with the rest of the group.

Summary: Mailyn follows Thaylin towards hut village near the river. 】

Listening closely to Thaylin's explanation of their surrounding, she smiled, pleased to see that her friend was able to get a bird-eye view of their location though it did may her wary of how vast and the many unknown secrets this land possessed but it was a mystery that perked her interest to discover the unknown. The perplexing emotions she felt of this place battled amongst each other but soon settled when the one from earlier that had got caught in the flames came out of the ground and soon went berserk in fury with a log in hand running into the woods to find the culprit that had tried to roast them.

Watching the guy run off, she became baffled by his rage for revenge and tilting her head slightly, she soon felt worry for his well-being to go alone but soon two others came to the rescue of the creature as for Thaylin who ignored the fact seeing that it was none of their problem. Instead of worrying for the one that stray away, Thaylin continued on about their destination to the small village of huts near the river that she could faintly hear from a far. Keeping quiet for the time being, she glanced back at the group before she followed after Thaylin towards where he saw the huts.

It was true that they had great knowledge when it came to woodland areas -- since they were born and raised in one together -- but this was not a territory she was familiar with of any sort and from what she could recalled, Thaylin saw there was civilization near a riverbank but would they accept them, foreign beings that were not part of their land, she couldn't tell and just hoped for the best as her faith in Thaylin was much greater than trusting on the others' own opinions,"So what will we do once we get there?" She asked her fellow companion, curious of what he plans to do next.

◽ Necessary Survival Equipment (Food and Medical Aid)
◽ Her Mother's necklace (Lucky charm)
◽ Jar of Water
◽ Slightly Burnt Petal Clothing
◽ Burnt Cloak

Alina occupied herself by studying the creatures before her and watching the commotion as it unfolded. Creatures argued and talked and the small rat thing began to swing around a log, which she had to duck a couple times not to be hit with it. Though as hard as she tried, Alina couldn't help but become confused by the various going-ons that were happening. The different conversations seemed to fuse together at points and it seemed some did not care for the others. It was evident that not many of those before her had any clue on what to do. It was almost like viewing a horribly rehearsed play in front of the perfectly placed stage. A stage that was certainly set up for death.

And death seemed to be coming quickly as the rat creature was set on fire. From what Alina could tell, the thing was certainly asking for it. And the fire mage was giving it. If that was what the lady was. Once again chaos followed as some ignored and others attempted to help, though this time it did not work. The girl tilted her head, wondering what sort of magic was going on before her. She did not have very much experience with the sort and so she was ever so curious. Even so, Alina prevented herself from interrupting. She did not wish to be set aflame, despite being the fire bug she was.

That and there were other pressing matters. Indeed, the light seemed to be fading and a small party had already set off towards what they had gathered to be civilization. Though, all Alina could think of was that it could potentially be a trap. Perhaps she would follow behind. If ti was a trap, they would be taken and Alinia would be in the safest position. After all, she did not have many provisions for herself. So she would be able to steal from the others. And currently being invisible would certainly help in pilfering from them. Making up her mind, the girl stood up and stretched out her legs before following behind the two morphs.

- Sword
- Rope - 16m
- Set of throwing knives
- Water/food
- Mirror

Brynhildr furrowed her brow, presenting her frustration at the fire mage. As the flames turned blue, she had clear intent on stopping her. With an exasperated breath, Brynja whistled to grab the ignorant mage's attention. "Are you that willing to kill or plain ignorant? Think about it!" With a sense of urgency, Brynhildr fled out of her way to find the others. She swooped towards Myst's direction, aware of the growing situation.

Again, another prayer: "May the Gods of Asgard stall the madness. Calm... Calm as wind..." Just as fast as it happened, a bright, white aura surrounded the Valkyrie. She wished for calmness, and if this was a hope, she wished it worked. With the flap of her wings, a cool gust surrounded the trees. Hopefully, her winds would sway away from the group. By the way, a charbroiled rat was not her cup of tea. Finally, Brynja hovered down to earth. Still, the Earthly airs screwed with her sinuses. Brynja had no inkling of the side effects... save for that irritating, allergic reaction at her nose. She might have wished to introduce herself. However, there was no time for that.

True to her spirit, she decided to be the voice of reason. "Hearken! I've seen enough ignorance. Must we spare swords and tyranny in place of peace?" For now, she'd keep quiet. Her knowledge could have been ambiguous, but it was time to seek the goal instead of bickering back and forth. Brynja's mouth wasn't that talkative. Even so, the wordiness of her dialogue proved how long virtues traveled. Patience and temperance were both virtues that had limits, especially for a celestial.

The tickle in her nose grew much stronger by the minute, causing her to breathe through her mouth. Forests were a pain in the ass! Pollen, bees, fog and the stench of unwelcome feelings stirred a storm. The Valkyrie placed a finger under her nose, praying nothing would ensue. Once "that thing" happened, she was sure to blow something off... Or so she thought.

She didn't get to know what was going on, even with so much commotion. As such, it was probably time to watch her back. Unsheathing her Holy Sword, she looked back at the group, especially that meddling magician. She could see two people, glad they were saved.

4 Infinity Pearls (one melted)
A golden amulet
3 aloe herbs
A Dagger from Agnes
4 elixirs (Life, Mind, Spirit, Strength)

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows

[BCOLOR=transparent]"T-thank you for saving me!" Nen felt his heart clutch a little. I didn't do anything and she's thanking me. She wrapped her arms around him, giving him a tight squeeze before heading off to hug the person who did help her. Mixtures of bright aromas filled his nose, it was significantly different from the death handing in the air. After the hugs, the girl quickly backed away before her guardian bird reached the ground. Holy shit, what a cutie. Nen felt compelled to ask her what her name was or what she was doing here. She is a fragile baby and needs to be protected. The young male turned to his attention to another who was speaking out to the group.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Anyway. If we're done burning each other-"[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]I think she was playing around.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Maybe attacking the air with flames was a cute pastime she does. Maybe it wasn't intentional, he figured it would be similar to his type of fun. Drowning curious humans that seem threatening. It was all for fun, of course. It wasn't like he and the others intended to kill, "-Then we should move on swiftly. I suppose you got a view whilst burning up there - did you see anywhere we should head to?" The guardian birdman called attention after he was done thanking some people, "Did anybody see what caused the fire?" Unfortunately, he didn't seem alarmed that someone was trying to kill him,[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Mm, didn't see anything, but I heeeaaaard an incantation. Something about smiting thine foes, or something… I think there's another witchy witch out here," [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]The voice was familiar, but Nen couldn't place his finger on it. He figured he that if he saw where the feminine voice was sprouting from, memory would jog back to where he had heard it before, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Based on the incantation and the type of magic, I'd assume that she's not part of this biome place. Ya know, 'cause this is a forest, and that was fire magic. Which means, she was one of the sleepers. One of us, ya know. Woke up, maybe decided that she wasn't gonna be all calm and teamwork-y, figured that burnin' us all to crisps would be the best option. Ya know?" [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Nen tilted his head and glanced at the electric blue haired witch and grinned, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]What were the chances?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I am Thaylin, a druid, and as you can no doubt see this is Mailyn, a faun from my village. As I said, we should move quickly, human bones can be worrying." [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]It just means humans were in danger. Nen tossed the thought away, it wasn't right for him to point something like that out. What if a cute human heard him? Well, he could just say that he would protect her and be a smooth bastard. As for Mailyn, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Hello, Thaylin. I'm here to steal Mailyn away.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Some voices chirped up, near the witch and a mysterious girl,[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] "Me? What [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]bird [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]of a man?"[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]Holy Acionna, there's a lot of girls. Not that I'm complaining.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Nen wasn't paying attention to the wisps of lights, but he did hear the girl questioning the motives of two others, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Why are they acting like that?"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Nen stared back at the flaming female, the bright amber flames changed to a more eccentric blue. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]A more dangerous set of flames.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] The Sireid couldn't help himself admire the elementalist for being completely ignorant and allowing others around her get hurt. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]She's so careless.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] His glossy blue eyes wiped across the clearing as he stretched out his arms, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"...People don't understand people all time."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] The reptile explained to the girl with wings. The girl actually looked like she was built to fight. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]A Valkyrie...huh.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"That's why, need to sit to talk. Because people cannot hear what other thinks, yeah...?" His attempt at speaking the language was broken, yet understable. Twirling tips of his damp hair, Nen grinned up at the man as he knew to be intelligent species of reptile, "Hey mister, what's your native language?" The Sireid had stocked up on books about other life and it gave him delight to see a being out of his books. The male must have realized his rudeness and profoundly apologized, "Aah, sorry. I didn't mean to come off as rude." His eyes gleamed a little as he continued, "I find it amazing that y--"[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Nen slowly trailed off to hear what the man with a mask had to say, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"I'll be going north, May and myself know the forest, and huts may hold supplies or people. Anyone who wishes is welcome to follow us, if not, I wish you luck in this place." The young male quickly turned his back to the two and began to walk backwards, "The cuties are going that way." He pointed to Alina and Mailyn heading off to the north, "You coming along?" He asked the reptilian.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'll be going with you, once I've taken care of this problem." [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Another voice chimed in. Nen tilted his head to see the blue haired witch, "Any other cuties coming along?" The question was in general, but he tossed a glance at the witch, "Blue haired wonder?"[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]No matter the answer, the Sireid began to walk backwards in the direction the two were headed,[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]"I mean, I'm pretty sure those two will be enough for me. You don't need to tag along, if you don't want to." Nen gave the witch a lopsided grin. The young male turned away and headed off to the North with the others. He would have liked it better if they were headed towards the river, but he couldn't exactly complain when some of the females were heading off that way. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The Sireid yawned a little, taking in the scent of heavy death. It seemed like the people around him had already adapted to the aroma. The little faun girl was with her masked guardian, it wouldn't be wise to try to woo her just yet. He turned some of his attention towards Alina, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Hello." He drawled out with a smile, "How do you feel about the place so far?"[/BCOLOR]

Lapis necklace
Basic survival items (Food and water)
Healing herbs
Rose oil
Flask of salt water
Flask of fresh water
A set of knives (a few daggers and a katzbalger)
Shells

Zephyr blinked. He had barely understood a single word said there, all of his confidence with the common tongue dropping into nothingness like a brick down a well. Damage? Body? What was mastering, and how did one apply that to a... technique? Instead, he tried to explain what he'd meant in greater detail.
"You know, like if your life stuff was a piece of writing, and you wrote the same writing again so it's the same. What is it called? Cupping? Carrying?" he pondered.
His attention was shifted alongside the Levian's to the mage who was terrorising the clearing. She had to be calmed, there was no doubt. He gave the man a subtle nudge as he wandered up to her enthusiastically.
There was a phrase in this tongue. What was it? "To kill two birds with one stone"?

In the space of a moment, he appeared, Batman-like, examining the fire magus with interest, looking back and forth between her and the rat-man, who was, fortunately, capable of being healed by at least somebody within the group.
"That fire is made of the most amazing thing! What is that that you did?" he interrogated her excitedly.
The question was partially to distract her, but mostly because he was genuinely fascinated. He had seen a lot of magic from the Silver Ones in his time at the institute, but never something so exotic that had been constructed so intricately. It was simultaneously incomprehensible and beautiful.
His thoughts were a blur, but one constant question he was asking himself was why something like this was so rare to see.
[glow=lime]Akasha (dematerialised)[/glow]
Erys (dematerialised)
Light armour
Light rations of food and water

• Bucket of Rainbows
Rant looked over to the men who had come to his aid. Didn't know everyone was such a jack ass... Honestly I expected more. That boy I need his attention. Rant stood up and placed his hand on the shoulder of the man who had attempted to heal him. "I value your efforts in securing my life, but letting a nut like this loose is not something I'd be so comfortable with." Rant did not feel the burns as bad this time. Probably killed his nerves from last time when he dug under so fast. "Listen if you're going to help... I need you to concentrate your magic on either volleys of ice or a shield of it... Don't try to go out in a blaze of glory. Man I'm tired." Rant knelt down with a thud. "In the meantime I will go under. When that happens I will have no oxygen and could possibly die... Good luck or Good bye... I dunno which." Rant started digging after he softened the soil with his fists and then remembered the kid intrigued by the the two parties. His digging continued, the lumps of dirt being shoveled up in heaps and placed before him like a wall. He cleared his throat and yelled out to the boy. "Hey, kid get... ah my hands... Kid get out the way or help out!" Rant picked up a mound of dirt and heaved it over head in attempt to vent his frustration.

I've never been so tired... Actually... I have. I need a new plan. I can't burrow like this again. Rant fell back onto the wall of dirt, his body drooping in the pothole he had created. While like this he saw the various holes he had already created. Timber... Rant scurried over to the hole he was digging earlier without warning his ally of the change of plans. He jumped down and crawled through and finished dug slightly deeper the woods, past his fit of rage at the least. He tried to stand up but was stopped by a tree. Are you kidding... He sighed and dug up around it and crept out of his hole. He walked slowly behind the mages eyeing the pyromancer in particular. I can do magic too... Watch... The reason I don't mind the sun! Rant at this point had climbed one of the most annoying trees ever. "Poison Oak." Rant counted to three and then let go of the tree kicking its head off. Sure that the snap of the tree attracted attention he rolled down into his hole and waited to pick the giant battering ram of itchiness up. The tree teetered back and then fell forward snapping over. "Damn you, you little bastard." Rant whispered to himself staring at the tree branches on the ground. I wish I had some explosive powder right now. Maybe one of these guys knows the art of alchemy. Rant's thoughts were very brief as he brought himself back to the matter at hand.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Blood Strength: 100%

It appeared the racism was going to continue on for a bit longer and Cristoph's interest waned. The winner could catch up later after earning their place in the party, and he would know they were a reliable meatshield. In the meantime the shapeshifter had finally shown a modicum of worth in choosing a direction to go and explaining his own abilities. The knight snapped his fingers towards his squire, who was luckily just finished up with the cleaning of the man's sword. "Get up, we're leaving now. At damn last. Give me my weapon." The boy quickly rose and handed Cristoph his blade before packing up his supplies and running after the departing party. His master hadn't bothered to wait for him.

Cristoph strode to the head of the group, only putting Thaylin and May ahead of himself, and then only because the pair were the ones who knew were to go. It was as if nothign had really changed since he had entered the forest, he was still trudging along in the dirt. Some action to liven it up would be nice, if only. For a second he was struck by the temptation to return to the clearing and assist in the mage's death, it was always fun to see their looks of surprise as their magic blew off his skin harmlessly. But that would require to much time, better to just move forward.

Astere was staring at the shapeshifters in awe as he followed his master. The squire was amazed at the way they both dismissed someone who had ruthlessly attacked them, injuring the girl enough she had required magical healing. He had expected the man to charge off to defend his woman's honour, but he had simply dismissed the attack and moved on. It was an amazing juxtaposition to Cristoph, who would have killed someone for insulting him let alone attacking him. Or his squire. The knight viewed him as property and while he would kill anyone who touched him, it would be about his own honour rather than actually caring for Astere. He wished greatly to speak to the pair, but dared not do it in earshot of Cris.

Cristoph
- Sword
- Castle crafted chainmail shirt and leggings
- Food and misc supplies
- Necklace with his father's sigil
- Money pouch with gold

Astere
- Food and misc supplies
- Chainmail shirt
- Leather leggings
- Short sword
- Oils for swords
- Flint
- Torch

Lucifera Ignus
Immediately following the transfer of her seal, Lucifera, confident her attack was fatal, lost interest in the opposition and began lazily yawning as she moved to continue her journey. Despite the approach of the sand rat's saviour, Lucifera lacked any immediate awareness towards his presence, and it wasn't until he began addressing her self that she exhaled a heavy sigh and turned to face his being. His appearance and actions towards the rat did little to change her expression which continued to exhibit a face of boredom amongst the pithy reply she gave to the questions that he asked.

"The answer to everything you asked is no.
Long reason, short...It isn't worth my being."

With the conclusion of her response, Lucifera half-turned with the intentions of continuing her journey, but a sudden realization dawned upon her being and halted her movement of rotation. Recognizing the potential consequences of her lackluster reply, she exhaled another heavy sigh before resuming her speech in a tone of mild annoyance.

"If you wish to side with the trash, then so be it. Do note, he threatened me with his sword. Rather than wait for an injury upon my body, I took the wiser action known as initiative.
Also, before you counter with 'I attacked first,' let us understand something. If my meager flames were a threat to be concerned towards, then perhaps death could have been the merciful result, lest you by the hands of this dungeon."

With nothing more to say, Lucifera performed a half-nod in the newcomer's direction before attempting her departure for the third time in a span of seconds. She managed but a couple steps before yet another sigh exhaled from her mouth as the rat's words dawned upon her ears.
And to wonder why I despise all around me.
Lucifera's thoughts were sour as she stood bewildered by the rat's decision to continue the fight. Despite being assumably saved by the skin of his teeth, it seemed as if her attacks had done little in convincing him of the power differential between them. Were he more capable of an opponent, the outcome of the fight would have definitely varied from the one at hand; a fact which only further kindled her frustrations which now fueled the anger that stemmed from the rat's goading of her patience. With a lax gaze, Lucifera tracked the rat's movement until he escaped through his previous tunnels; an action which turned her attention towards the ground in anticipation of a potential sneak attack. For the most part, she lost her sense of his position, but a sudden crack followed by a booming thud turned her attention in the direction of tree which lost a branch to the ground. A quizzical expression encompassed her face as she observed his actions without understanding of their purpose, but nonetheless, familiar orange flames began to envelope her body.

"O Flames of Caelum, I summon thee now.
To smite thine foes, and cleanse their sins."

Perhaps the rat considered his holes a haven of safety from her magicks, but the reality of the situation was that it made the easiest possible target. The direction of the pillar's cast was directly over the entrance to the sand rat's hole; a devastating flame that would run its course along the distance of the tunnels, and perhaps even erupt at any opposing ends. For the final time, a forth yawn exhaled from Lucifera's mouth as she began walking in the direction of the floating castle without even bothering to confirm the results of her spell.

Myst remained as still as a statue, meeting the fire mage's unimpressed look with a bored look of his own. It may have seemed like a pretty simple situation to her; what the fire mage probably wasn't aware of was Myst's channeling of his power. The blue light, flowing from the palms of his feet and into the soil below him, stealthily began to creep under the fire mage. One offensive move from her, and all it took was one mere chant before she'd feel the true chill of Levian. However, she didn't seem to want to attack anybody else, so it may be a unneeded precauti-

Myst flinched a little as the sandrat, who was on fire, put a hand on his shoulder. Myst widened his eyes, jumping away from the alight thing and staring at him bewilderedly as he began to explain his 'plan'. Wait... what? He was planning to attack her? This absolutely moronic descision caused Myst to lose his emotionless appearance and stare at the sand rat. If Myst was to take part in such a plan, needless deaths and injuries would occur, and Myst may become burnt by the terrifying flames that he secretly despised.

"Good luck or good bye... I dunno which."

"Good bye." Myst whispered, annoyance entwined in his voice. The fire mage could probably hear every word the thing had said; he wasn't being a part of this. Maybe the smell of the forest had driven the furred thing crazy. Nonetheless, he turned his head and regained his usual look to see if the fire mage was willing to improve her chances of survival.

"The answer to everything you asked is no. Long reas-"
"-Okay." Myst drawn back his power from under the roots of the soil, instantly turning his back at the word 'no'. He couldn't care less for her reasons, if her answer was 'no', then she didn't need to arrogantly go on to explain why she made such a stupid decision. A shame; he could've put her power to an even higher extent using his own, making most encounters very easy. But, if she wished to travel alone, Myst certainly wouldn't be grieving for her when her dead body was found. If there was anything left of it.

As Myst began to walk, Myst hadn't caught on to the fact the sand rat was seemingly digging nearby, causing a spray of dirt to shower his face and... and... his hair. Turning a furious red in the face, Myst clenched his fists and looked around him wildly.

What...! Dared...! To-

-No... no. He didn't mean to. Calm. Calm.

Myst remained still for a few moments, before he brushed the flakes of dirt away from his hair madly. Closing his eyes, he took a few, long, deep breaths to remain calm, before eyeing the sand rat. He had no idea what the thing was up to, nor did he care at this point. Trying to fight a fire mage whilst already ablaze was a terrible idea - a suicide mission, in fact. Myst didn't wish to get burnt anytime soon. He'd tried to aid the sand rat; he'd tried to tell it the best course of action; his hair had almost been ruined.

"...Sand rat. You've made a terrible mistake." Myst muttered plainly. He wasn't referring to the hair, but the idea to re-engage the fire mage. With that, Myst sped up his pace, wishing to catch up with the group who went north as soon as possible. He didn't spare the scene behind him another glance, but there was no doubt the first death of the Endless Dungeon would follow shortly.

~~~
"Back." Myst stated plainly, catching up with the Northern group, sorting his hair and wiping his face of dirt as he walked. Luckily, the slight catastrophe with the dirt seemed to be fixed. Perhaps the sand rat would catch up too if he saw reason and surrendered; maybe even the fire mage if she came to her senses. "I doubt the furred humanoid will be rejoining us. The fire mage who attacked you," He began, referring to the two druids, "will most likely die. She wasn't a fully hostile being, but she made the unwise decision to go alone in this dungeon."

"I recall you saying something about huts. If they are inhabited, I highly doubt friendly beings will be down in the Endless Dungeon. We should set traps, get in formation, etcetera, as soon as we come to these huts. I trust you people saw the flying castle?" Myst's plain voice came from the back of the group. He was starting to get used to the smell of the place, disgusting as it was. Some people may be getting annoyed be his 'we should do this', 'we should do that', and generally emotionless voice, but he barely knew these people. Perhaps he'd open up to them once he knew them more.

"Oh. May I have everyone's names? I prefer to refer to people by actual names, not crude nicknames. If you didn't hear earlier, my name is Myst. So long as I'm alive, those who need it will be blessed by my own power. I can make your strengths even more powerful, and make up for physical weaknesses should you need me to." Myst said somewhat routinely. His allies might as well know what he could do, considering they'd hopefully be working together for the rest of this expedition.

Levian Light Attire
Addrauli Gems (Makes it easier for Myst to create ice from thin air.)
1.5L Canteen of Water x 3
Ice Javelin x 3

White Chalk x 6
Red Chalk x 1
Blue Chalk x 1
Green Chalk x 1
Yellow Chalk x 1

Alina followed the others as silently as possible, hoping that they didn't hear her footfalls as she rushed to catch. Invisible, yes, silent, no. At least not at this speed. The girl sighed, almost tripping once and accidentally dropping her invisibility. Unknowing, she tried once more to catch up, only to find herself next to the young sireid. Well, he looked young to her. And he was looking right at her.

Alina frowned, realising what had happened. She turned her gaze away, trying to hide her surprise and fixed it onto the knight ahead. After all, she didn't wish to loose the others. They were her source for, well, anything, really. And then the question. How did she feel about this place? It was certainly a peculiar question to ask. But considering the events from before, and where they were, the girl supposed it would make sense.

"It's certainly what I expected. In which I mean, I didn't expect anything." In truth she was very curious. But from prior experience she knew better than to run off an explore an unknown area.

- Sword
- Rope - 16m
- Set of throwing knives
- Water/food
- Mirror

• Bucket of Rainbows
For the final time, a fourth yawn exhaled from Lucifera's mouth as she began walking in the direction of the floating castle without even bothering to confirm the results of her spell.

It wasn't too long before some noise could be heard behind her.
At first, if it weren't for the lack of presence of any sort of wildlife, it could be mistaken for a small animal.
And then the thumping started.
Out of some grass behind Lucifera, a certain Silver One appeared, shattering some leaves as if they were glass as he tripped over the murky green tendrils wrapped around his ankles.

"H-hey!" Zephyr called, pulling himself up. "Excuse me! Can you... slow down, please? This green thing is too... What is it?"
His question was legitimate, despite how odd it sounded. He had seen it in the valley, but had no prior experience with grass, having been in a closed city atop a mountain in with all gardens had been equipped with glass roofs and concrete flooring. The forest itself was odd, an endless sea of green, but he had heard of it.
What he was more concerned with was the magician walking through the woods.
There was absolutely no chance he was letting someone like her out of his sight until he knew every detail around her curious magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.