Varia -- Information + Registration + OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my basic character sheet, I intend to edit it a bit later with better/more information, but I wanted you to at least be able to see a skeleton of what I was going for :)

Name: Morgan Droller aka Raven
Race: Human
Category: Treasure Hunter
Role: Historian, appraiser, gem expert

Combat Style: Ranged Weapons, uses his surroundings to his advantage
Weapons: a pair of pistols or a shotgun is preferred, but he's good with other guns too.

Skills: Raven has an excellent recall of anything he's ever read or learned, if he's learned it he can recite it. With a little research he can figure out clues and locations as well as the value of the treasure he's searching for. He can also usually tell a piece's worth on sight.
Raven is an expert marksman, and if he absolutely has too he can do all right with his fists.

Appearance: As shown. A tall man with shoulder length black hair and hazel eyes, a broad brimmed hat. black, round sunglasses. A tan duster and red bandanna.

Personality: Reserved. Every word he speaks has a purpose, and unless talking about history he has a tendency to give one word answers. He's the observant sort, but he doesn't always volunteer information. He can get extremely focused on something that interests him to the point of shushing anyone who tries to talk to him before he's ready to speak.
He may not act like it but he actually enjoys being around other people.

Raven is also something of a traditionalist. Guns should shoot bullets, Treasure should have monetary value, art should be beautiful etc.

History: Called Raven for his somewhat dark looks and tendency to recite thing, Raven's personal history is a mystery. To him the only kind that matters is important events, the type that makes it into books, or the history of any lost artifact or treasure he may be trying to find. As such he very rarely talks about his past.

A few things are clear though, he's wandered around for a long while and seen a great many things, but at some point he grew lonely and came to Varia for the company.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Ohh~ I agree! 8D
Smaller missions permit
  • more character bonding/development on missions with smaller groups
  • it's easier to maintain if every post is labeled for location, HQ or Dungeon
  • it will lower the chance of people
In my opinion, that's just me. But, yeah, I like option A.

I prefer option A.
But every once in a while,
we'd have major arcs, too.
Like how they do it in Naruto.

Awesome, so far seems like a sort of hybrid is best, I edited option C even more to be that hybrid option

The role play will start out with a major headquarter arc for sure, I have something exciting in mind xD

While others are answering the first survey, rooming will be handled as follows:

-If you want to room with someone, get their consent through PM(to keep this thread from being spammed)
-If you want to be alone, let me know in PM, I can arrange that
-If you don't care, let me know in PM too and I can assign for you

Good night all, I have a busy day tomorrow so if not tomorrow, then IC will be up wednesday evening, to give you an idea, everyone will start the role play out in the auditorium in the morning(this means by the time its evening in the role play, hopefully the rooming stuff is assigned and ready to go)

IMPORTANT EDIT: VARIA HAS NO CURFEW AND HAS A 24-hr ICE CREAM MACHINE LOCATED IN THE CAFETERIA

mwahaha

Yes! This sounds most exciting and I do very much so agree with the hybrid option! c:

Anybody want Kendric as a roomy? :3 send me a pm~!

It really doesn't matter to me. Ken could make practically any arrangement a living, regulated and neatly organized version of hell "interesting."

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody want Kendric as a roomy? :3 send me a pm~!

It really doesn't matter to me. Ken could make practically any arrangement a living, regulated and neatly organized version of hell "interesting."

I almost did it!! I wanted to so bad but Nylau and I may have too much fun aggravating him xD
I'm also assuming that they'll be co-ed rooms since it wasn't mentioned.

I'm all for co-ed if that is something that might be debated.

I mean everybody in the RP is an adult after all, so it's not like boarding school dormitories.

I say A, for the most part. Smaller the teams, more challenging. And, less confusing when, say, the dungeon forks, and you have to choose left or right?

But, I dunno. You can always do C.

*lute solo*

Option C has my vote.

Also, maybe setting up a Group for Varia would be a good idea?

I like the sound of that.
But maybe until we see for ourselves
how overwhelmingly complicated this
roleplay is.

I've never had a group before.

Also,
I don't see why Varia won't allow co-ed.
It's members are mostly adults, right?
We'll be fiiiiiiine....

Riiight~ I don't even know why I brought that up :I We're all adults here! Guess I can't help thinking of school when a rooming situation comes up.

I am fine with a common barracks room type set up.

Yeah, we can always wait and see how the rp works out before setting up a group. I am just figuring if we end up with a bunch of different threads going at once it would be nice to have it consolidated in one place.

I don't imagine it'll be too complicated.

We could put a brief synopsis on who is where and what is going on in that "current arc" thing in the third post when things start getting more complex.

The group is a good idea @Seth Bloodmoon , though I think for now we will be fine even if a few more join. Since we will have small missions after the initial arc, each team will be minimum 3.

For the rooming, I wasn't sure what age most characters will be so it was like stated in OOC, when I get to the computer I will change that to apartment style housing

I'm on the phone btw xD

Here is the link to the IC.

@Falcon I took the liberty to include your character into the IC since I know you are an experienced role player so most likely you would be accepted once you finished your character

Rooming is almost complete, just waiting on a few more PMs, I will be updating the "Roomies" section on OOC to show what I have so far

Orientation is going to be a big deal :) I hope everyone is happy with their partners for this first part. It will get switched up later on during orientation so everyone will get to sorta know each other. Also, notice they were asked to bring their weapons, mwahahaha

Edit: Accepted, Falcon :)

Last edited by a moderator:
And my character sheet is now finished :) Let me know if you'd like any changes.

And so I claim the first blood!

Hopefully that's OK for my first post :s

Status
Not open for further replies.