Varia -- Information + Registration + OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no excuse for such an orgasmic reaction to polycarbonate.

TeaRiverBridge learned Mind Trick.
TeaRiverBridge has obtained Cookies. :3

Reactions: 3 people
I'll try to have something up tonight/tomorrow afternoon.

Stupid calc test bright and early tomorrow -_-

Okay, good luck :)

My player character will probably be up later tonight

GL for the test!

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Tiana Veyliss

Race: Sorceress
Race Info: "A line of human beings with a strong affinity to elemental magic. According to lore, they were descended from the Great Nymphs, deities whom the sorcerers believe in." -Mistress

Category: Dungeon Raider
Role: Long-range offensive magic or defensive magic

Combat Style: Magic, specifically mastery of Earth element, with decent Fire affinity
Weapons: Magic Staff
Skills: Either able to be fully offensive or defensive, switching takes time and energy

Offensive Mode:
Fireball -
concentrated bullet of fire able to travel over long range, medium strength, burn-over-time effect
Terra Gnash - open up a fiery rift in the earth below target and close it on them, crushing them, single target only
Magmatic Blast - mix Earth and Fire to propel a large mass of magma towards the target, splash damage to medium area

Defensive Mode:
Earthen Shield -
summon an earthen shell over allies, limitless duration
Burning Shield - summon an earthen shell over allies and ignite the exterior, medium duration
Explosive Shield - summon an earthen shell over allies, manipulate minerals with explosive properties into a central location, detonate the shield with fire while everyone runs away

Switching between offensive mode and defensive mode takes time. While both modes use a mixture of Fire and Earth affinity, the balance between the two modes is different. Offensive mode requires more Fire affinity while defensive mode requires more Earth affinity. Converting the mana will require time and concentration, so the mode she starts with is usually the one she stays in for the duration of battle.

Appearance:
mage_by_ChrisAnderson.jpg
Personality:
While on the meeker side, Tiana is not introverted and will seek out genuine friendship. She prefers to be a part of things, but not the center of attention. She can be inquisitive at times when curiosity takes over, and also has a high tolerance of lewd humor or behavior.

History: Born in a village located near a sacred volcano, Tiana was offered as a sacrifice to the local deities. However, when the volcano erupted(as usual), the lava flowed around her rather than consuming her. This was an unprecedented event, and when the evacuated villagers returned to the site to start rebuilding, they saw that Tiana was still alive. Due to this miracle, she was worshiped as a living deity.

One day, a wandering mage heard of this miracle and came to visit Tiana. Sensing her natural affinity for Earth and Fire magic, he trained her well before departing from the village. Years later, Tiana realized that she was unhappy being worshiped as some goddess despite the obvious perks, and stole away into the night. After wandering around Malia, she reached the capital city Aristos, and applied to join Varia.

Reactions: 2 people
You peeps still accepting?

Oh no! Kendric failed to follow horror movie rule number one!

You can move us to the super spooky ghost if you like :L

@Akashi yes, however I will need to find a partner for you, it's not for the whole role play, just the first part of orientation in the plot, so feel free to post a character sheet but you might not get to post for awhile

@Relish I will wait to see where Nylau ends up xD maybe she went to the source

Hope @spoopily is ok. I really love Ophevla.

Nylau is a cat, Always. Believe. Cats. ALWAYS! When have you ever seen an insignificant cat in horror films? Kendric is like that spectacles guy in every show that goes "Nothing here!" then gets whomped so fast I don't even have time to turn the volume down. :<

Hi and welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Akashi yes, however I will need to find a partner for you, it's not for the whole role play, just the first part of orientation in the plot, so feel free to post a character sheet but you might not get to post for awhile

Thanks for the info. I was also wondering how the battle system is? Is it trust, dice or something else?

Thanks for the info. I was also wondering how the battle system is? Is it trust, dice or something else?

I firmly believe that dice rolling works best for chat RPs. I imagine this one will be in a written format where you write a paragraph or so on what your character will do / does and your opponent responds to that before retaliating.

Of course, both sides need to be fair. It's not fun if your opponent proceeds to dodge everything and always land a hit :c

As of now, it is trust, trust that role players can keep themselves fair, but if that isn't working I might add some simple stat system to give more concrete guidelines

Like magic atk def phys atk def etc, but I am hoping it is not necessary. Also mostly you all will face dungeons and enemies as a team, rather than fight each other

But there will be those opportunities too mwahahaha

Speaking of dices, did you know that you could include dice rolls at the sides of your post in the 'More options' menu? Maybe because I'm new and I look silly mentioning this to you all. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.