Varia -- Information + Registration + OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kalista

Just noticed you added more stuff to Risuna. Just a quick Q, is the mental attribute the RP's equivalence of magic strength + resistance / Intelligence + mind stats? If so I can go update Kendric's skills a bit. I've been meaning to bit a tad bit more detail in them anyways (rest assured, I'll just be elaborating on existing ones. I won't be adding anything new)

That horrible person called "Bard" has finally posted. :D

I hope you guys enjoy the post as much as I did when I re-read it. XD

I doubt poor Wade will ever be taken seriously again.

I was planning to try and post tonight, but not sure it will happen. Tired. And rl frustrations upon getting back home. Sorry guys v_v With luck at least one of the frustrations will be solved tomorrow. Either way I should be able to definitely get a post worked out some time Monday x_X

Reactions: 2 people
I'll post tomorrow, I think it's been long enough since my last one.

Just checking in and saying hi so you all know I haven't vanished or anything :)

Name: Tenshi Kota

Race: Human

Position: Staff Member, Construction, Maintenance, and Renovation Department

Combat Style: None
Weapons: None
Skills: Great with construction, carpentry, and other handyman tasks. Also quite skilled at cooking.

Appearance:
male_worker.jpg

Personality: A bit on the lazy side, very laid-back when not working, but after some hours on the job, he is quick to complain quietly to fellow co-workers or take advantage of alone time. Despite his lack of motivation and drive, Tenshi is quite intelligent and can quickly understand situations.

History: Growing up and managing to escape the slums of South Aristos, Tenshi landed a job at Varia and slowly earns his living, hoping to move into the restaurant industry in Western Aristos someday. He has concocted a special recipe that allows for a filling meal that has only half the calories of equivalent dishes.

That creature/spirit/thing is really creepy looking O_O

Agreed, but the Plue (sp?) getting its nose stuck made me laugh :)

Just waitin on spoopily it seems. Has there been any word from him? He did have two characters.

And yeah, that ghost thing is creepy. I wonder how ken will react. Now if only my phone didn't cut off 30% of kalista's post :c

Lmao ya poor Plue, him getting stuck is something that happens a lot in Rave Master manga so those that have read or seen the anime might pick up some subtle references. Such a cutie

And omg that ghost pictures scares me too, I had to dash into bed after turning off the lights because I kept imagining it was there :(

We have a new player joining us soon :) @TeaRiverBridge Let me know if you want to room with someone or don't care, if not I will room you somewhere

I will also make a character to play as a recruit to partner up with them. We will be arriving late and don't worry about my character having the "advantage". Orientation is just orientation and there isn't any first place, second place, or third place sort of deal. It is either win the challenge or not, but either way the character is already accepted into the organization. It is only participation that is mandatory.

A for effort =p

Also, still nothing from Demonesqu and Judge Revan so their character will fade into the darkness. Rooming will also change a bit from their character being gone. I hope spoopily doesn't disappear too, especially being two characters xD

Name: Wogren "Gren" Wattfield.
Race: Human
Race Info:

"Lycanthropes stalk the myths and legends of some of Malia's cultures, be it about murderous beasts or merely deranged, hallucinating humans who have lost all sense or some warped cousin of the Ferre - none of which are savoury. It is perhaps because of this reputation and the consequences it brings, that these creatures or people choose to remain elusive and hidden? Whichever the case, only these creatures know where they come from.

Lycanthropy is a disease and a curse, it's not a blessing like few cults like to think it is. The mutations it causes will eventually kill it's host and even though it provides the victim with a fevered form of strength, it is nowhere near superhuman. The host's blood also begins reacting to certain substances in a caustic manner. It transmits when a lycanthrope is already ill with another pathogen and exchanges blood or saliva with someone, usually as a result of injury. The virus shares a vector with that pathogen and then infects this way.

In addition, shapechangIng is not an ability to those who are infected. It's a compulsion. Most if not all go through the mutation once a month, those who struggle and manage to return to human form will get to live another month. If not, internal damage occurs in rather gruesome ways that usually result in death. There are very few cases when a lycanthrope can force their change to their advantage, these are rare and almost unheard of. It is my belief that these individuals either possess immense wills or are the exceptions of the genetic pool. I hope to find a cure for those less fortunate.

Meanwhile bear in mind that a lycanthrope is fully accountable for his or her actions as any person should be, the change only takes place once a month and it is a lycanthrope's responsibility to be aware of their surroundings before it happens. It is in my experience that a person knows when it is going to happen far ahead of time, there are no 'sudden' acts of violence due to the condition - any such incidents should be considered tantamounts to irresponsible murder."

-Wogren Wattfield, anthropologist, excerpt from the summary of "The False Moon: A Treatise on Lycanthropy".

21c83f6.jpg
Catergory: Treasure Hunter
Role: Guardian, Tactician.

Combat style: Brawling. Endurance. Keeps his minions allies safe so they can do their job.

Weapons: Runed Glove. A seemingly mundance piece with a Sigil of Protection woven into it's fabric. Usually worn by budding alchemists when performing dangerous experiments or by prospectors in volatile mines. Gren has discovered more combative uses for such a mundane object, by having a local mage modify according to his specifications- it now temporarily blunts objects touching him as long as he wears them enabling him to suffer strikes from a sword without loosing a limb. Of course, such modifications are frowned upon as a misuse of academic equipment - for reasons beyond his understanding, But they have saved him countless times and he is not about to give that up.

Skills:

Metallurgy. Smithing. Most recently, he has learnt how to Track too.

Moves:

Radial Blind - Gren quickly crushes a mixture of metallic dust in his hands then throws it out, igniting a blinding flare as the reactive metals oxidise.

Flame Forged Will - Having spent much of his time near the blistering heat of a forge, Gren has developed a resistance to fire. He is undaunted by it even though it can still cause him bodily harm.

Taunt - Verbally abuse the enemy or kick them right in the jollies, eitherway Gren makes them very angry with him. If they ignore him, he takes the opportunity to muster his strength for a powerful attack against their weak spots.

GET DOWN! - By releasing the capacitor in his gloves to overdrive, Gren rushes in to defend an ally from a deadly blow or mow down enemies with a reckless Shield Charge. He can only use it this way for seven minutes a day, after which he has to recharge the rune by services of a magic user or by walking along ley lines.

Personality:

'Gren' bears an instinct to protect those around him, or at least to those he cares about. Though at times he is sarcarstic, maybe even inconsiderate and definitely touting an overly morbid sense of humor.

He grew up in a corrupted nation where it's people were conscripted through harsh 'laws', him showing a distinct hatred for anything military. He holds freedom in high value, freedom in belief, freedom in opinion. He does not like it when others tell him or anyone to do things against their will, feeling the need to make up for the way he lived in the past. As such, he pays less heed to stereotypes (and warnings) and is generally considered an open-minded person, it shows in his work where he does not hesitate to explore the fringes of science to achieve his goals.

There is, however, a thin line between courage and recklessness and Wogren Wattfield walks that line. His apparent bravado comes from darker places, he has pride but does not value his own life enough. He sees the world through a pessimistic lens in that everyone dies eventually, why shouldn't they live vivaciously to that end?

Needless to say he lacks the grace to climb any sort of social ladder.

History:

Wogren was born in the city of order and eternal night. He spent half his life living in the shadow of a rather oppressive nation and in the care of irresponsible parents - until the day he would be sent to the military as per the law of Gothicaern. A fate many foreigners considered worse than death because no one ever returned the same, but to the citizens of Gothicaern, an inevitability - a coming of age and in better words, a rite of passage.

But the young Wattfield was perhaps more fortunate than most for when he showed great aptitude in science and a bright, burning curiousity, his aunt saw the potential in him and took him with her to the capital of Aristos before that day could come.

Aristos was a seat of learning in the continent of Malia, it was here that Wogren truly started his life. Spending time in the prestigious academy as one of it's students, he began developing a gifted fascination for the material studies, especially metallurgy.

Gold, Truesilver, even the common steel. The alchemical, mundane and magical processes used to make them. Their applications in magic and smithing. These were things he committed to memory and at the age of nineteen, through chance and hardwork, he patented the first technique to artificially manufacture a once rare and precious divine metal.

This was just the start.

As time went by he came to make more discoveries, sometimes even taking his work beyond the walls of Aristos and into the wilds at the mere hint of a rumor. To venture deep into trecherous mountains or to learn from the elusive underwater folk. The name of Wattfield had only began spreading to engineering circles -when he abruptly went missing for two years during field trip, suddenly returning when Varia, Aristos' long awaited accquisitions guild, opened it's doors.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 people
Welcome! Glad to see more players are interested in this rp :)

Uh, things kinda got away from me the other day soo I'm working on my post now >...>

@CrimsonMaiden: Tnks! :D The characters in here are what really caught my eye. Should have joined earlier since the orientation looked slamming.

@Relish You know what, I just realized that Kendric's little observational rants remind me of Raine's "Archaeological Mania" from Tales of Symphonia xD
I may refer to them as mania from now on.

@TeaRiverBridge Oh, I'm also glad there's another animal-type character hear now :P

@CrimsonMaiden : Raine was such a nerd, I wanted to squeeze her everytime she did her her little archeology-flipouts. But I can't :<, she's my party's healer. And ken does remind me of her.

Also ....Shhhhhhh!~ Look at me *waves hand over crimson's eyes* You did not read that part about my character. You saw nothing. You will go back to your life like nothing ever happened ....and you will bake me some cookies ....because you feel like it.

@Relish: Raine.

2vl6ukm.jpg

Reading her nerdy book with her nerdy eyes.

@Relish Well it looks something like this xD
You'll have to skip to 2:00 and the sound is...bleh. Apparently something is wrong, but if you want to see it...copy and paste? D:

@TeaRiverBridge Yes, yes she was. Raine is a teacher so she kinda has an excuse.
Oh no! I said something bad?! Q_Q *goes to bake cookies*

Status
Not open for further replies.