Varia - Exploration & Acquisition Services

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eile Olain

"Eile Olain... I once was recruited as well, however by now... I am no longer a recruit."

"You were a recruit? So you are like a senior. Oh, or maybe the president." Eile said smiling as she looked at the man who took the hood off.

"Once we get to Varia, I can get you some... These are home made."
She noticed him looking at her arm and Eile smiled. It was always like that when someone looked at her arm. The Kitsune didn't mind since she was already used to people looking at it.

"Oh, don't worry about my arm here. It was cursed." Eile replied as if it was as normal as someone saying it was a scratch.

"How did you come about joining Varia? I hope you are prepared for some... wild times..."

She smiled at the question.

"Well, I nearly ran out of money and I couldn't find any ruins nearby. I rested some city quite far from here and heard that Varia was opening, so I came and applied. No harm in trying. Besies, wild times are what make life interesting." Eile replied as her tail wagged.

As she spoke, she noticed the terrain changing from one of the city to an open plains with only one path leading to a lone structure in the distance. Hale pointed at the structure.

"It's a long walk, but we are nearly there..."

"I don't mind the walk. My acceptance letter came today and it just happens to be the day that orientation happened. I most likely missed it." Eile replied sheepishly as her fox ears flattened slightly.

"Come on Hale, let's go." Eile said running forward a bit before turning around to face Hale.

Last edited by a moderator:
The maze was starting to get to her; all the turns and dead ends. The monsters kept things exciting but otherwise she was just running around, hoping to find a glimpse of someone. It was admittedly nostalgic running through the unknown territory with just her sense of smell to rely on. "Though I would prefer the circumstances be much milder," she thought aloud. "How much time is left now?" She darted around another corner then stopped, hearing a voice that sounded very familiar. "Hello?" The Ferre's ears perked and she walked a little slower. It was a hoarse sound like it may have been weakened by yelling or something of the kind. This was the new sound she focused on as she sprinted forward again on all fours.

________________________​

Nylau paused and her ears perked at a new sound. There had been sounds of conflict all over but now there was a new sound, a hurried patting of feet close by. She hurried to a corner where she anticipated the person to appear then crouched in wait. The sounds drew nearer and nearer until... It was a blur to both parties. Nylau was determined that whoever it was she would not let them just run by. It may have been Kendric and she would have to apologize even deeper or perhaps another's copy or them! Who ever it was she would get to analyze them properly. They finally stopped when the rolled into a wall. Her breath caught in her throat when she saw just who was staring back at her. It was another Ferre, identical to herself.

Pausing in her steps, Cynder tilted her head slightly to one side as the words 'Who are you calling a little girl?' reached her ears. A slight frown of annoyance tugged at the corners of her mouth. That wasn't the voice she had hoping would respond. Hell, it was a voice she didn't even really know. However, it was another person and they might be useful in finding the cow toting girl she got stuck with for this little event.

"You don't sound like the runt I'm looking for, girl," calling out as she resumed moving once more, letting the shaft of her weapon rest lazily over her right shoulder, "Maybe if we team up we can help each other find our partners, though, right? Right. Splendid plan if I do say so myself!," a slightly disturbed giggle following those words.

Rounding a corner, Cynder's light blue gaze spotted the staff toting girl she just barely recognized. In fact she'd only seen her for a fleeting moment, standing in the training hall before all the walls and mirrors started popping up. Then her gaze dropped to the floor and a wicked little grin played at the corners of her mouth. Then, without warning, she hefted her great axe above her head and rushed forwards, "Die you slithery little bastard!"

It didn't occur to her that the girl might take her actions as hostile. Honestly, Cynder hadn't even bothered to think things through once she saw the shadowy snake. When she drew close enough to strike, she brought her weapon down in a might swing that would surely end the scaley creature once it struck. Would it be fast enough before it could strike the recruit she had come across? Well that wasn't such a certain thing. There was also the lovely chance she would find herself attacked by the recruit. The dice had been rolled and it was too late to turn back now!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The words 'Hey, is anyone over there' reached Cynder's ears, causing her to stop in her tracks for a moment, eyes squinting to peer down the corridor she had just turned down just moments ago. The voice sounded vaguely familiar to her. Like that of one of the recruits that had been at the initial meeting in the auditorium.

Shifting her weapon to rest over her right shoulder she broke her silence with a simple, "Yeah," as she began moving once more, in the direction of the voice, "You have any luck finding anyone one else in this damned maze? Beyond the creatures the mirrors keep spitting out?" For all she knew there were a couple people up ahead. Though she doubted one of them would prove to be her so called 'partner'.

Again she stopped moving, though she kept her great axe resting lazily over her shoulder, she'd wait where she was till the speaker, "Might be a good idea to team up. Easier to fend off whatever beasties this place throws at us, and two sets of eyes are better than one, right?" She would remain where she was standing, now, until the other recruit responded, or moved towards her. Though she looked completely relaxed, she was quite ready to launch an attack should this turn out to be a trap concocted by a devious monster.

"Come on Hale, let's go."

Laughing softly, Hale Kridurin followed Eile Olain even though it should be him leading. They walked for quite awhile and finally reached the entrance to Varia headquarters.

"Home at last..." Looking up to the sky, Hale gave silent thanks to his diety and turned to Eile. "Welcome to Varia... may this be your home for long..."

Entering, Hale was greeted formally by one of the staff.

"Officer Kridurin! Welcome back!! How have you been?"

"I've been good, Miss..." Making a grimace, Hale hesitated, "Forgive me... I have not been blessed in memory..."

"Kali, sir! And please, no worries at all! I actually didn't join Varia until just recently... But I had studied everyo-" The staff member broke off in embarrassment upon realizing how creepy she sounded. "I heard many great things about you, sir!"

Chuckling, Hale thanked her enthusiasm and then proceeded to ask about the current events of Varia.

"Hm... well right now Director Tiolee is running orientation... I'm actually not sure what is going on, but it seems to be a wild event. I think almost everyone is over in the dojo area watching. There is... also a report of issues on the fourth floor regarding some foul creature, we actually sealed it off to await your return since you are our expert on that..."

Peering over at a screen behind the front desk, Kali scratched her head. "There was also an incident... big incident in the cafeteria, but that has been resolved... Oh, and R&D has reported their results and have requested a demonstration to the officers... they said that Project RES has succeeded... And that is all I have for now, sir."

Hale nodded sagely to this and thanked Kali. Turning back to Eile, he asked, "There seems to be plenty going on, would you like to get some food to eat or maybe watch orientation? I assume it would be too late to join, but perhaps some knowledge could be gleaned from watching as well. Unfortunately, if its still like how it was when I was a recruit, rooms won't be ready until the night of arrival..."

"So Ha'nle is wanting to find a person-cat! Mahina is understanding now!" The girl was ecstatic with this newfound understanding. An irritated Kendric replied. "Correct... I am not looking for a cat who thinks she is a person nor do I seek a person who thinks she is a cat. And the politically correct term i-" "Why is Ha'nle looking for person-cat?" Mahina interrupted. "Ooo, ooo! Mahina knows! Mahina knows! Ha'nle wants to eat person-cat!" She was supremely confident in her answer. Kendric knew that the girl actually believed this to be the case. As the man opened his mouth to protest, Mahina blurted out: "Big brother Kame say that Malia person-cat is best meal he ever eated! Mahina w-" "NO!" Kendric finally butted in with temper flaring. "No-one is going to be eating anyone. She is a friend, OK?" Mahina tried to say something but Kendric would not allow her a word in edgewise.

Kendric near doubled over on the inside. He could scarcely fathom the fact that somebody could be this dense. This girl was trying to demolish a wall with just her fists, she traveled with a cow that she insisted was her student and she was entirely oblivious to the task at hand! As this train of thought passed through his mind, he wondered if this Mahina was actually here as a Varia recruit. Was she old enough to qualify? She did say she was Tor'shuel, but he had never read any account of a drake so small during his time as a scholar. Regardless if she qualified, Kendric refused to believe that anyone would allow her entrance...

A few moments of silence passed. Mahina's face suddenly beamed. "OH! Mahina is understanding now! Ha'nle does not to eat person-cat" "Ferre." Ignoring his attempt to correct her she continued. "Because person-cat" "Ferre.." "Is a friend! Mo'nle is Mahina's friend so person-cat is just like cow!" Kendric's jaw dropped. 'S-She just compared a sapient being to a cow...' It took him a moment to recover, this child was headache incarnate he was convinced. "Yes... Let's just go with that..." His voice dripped sarcasm. "Let's just continue. As quickly as possible if you do not mind..." "Oooooookaaaaayyy~!"

______________________________________​

Kendric was relieved with the sight of another face. "You are the first I've met thus far... And yes, a join venture seems most beneficial." He said from beneath his goggles. Normally, Kendric wouldn't even dream of rushing straight into a partnership like this, he'd rather know his comrades before he engages with them. Given the time constraints however, he couldn't identify too many more options. "I do expect however, that should you find your partner first that you take it to continue help me. I shall do the same." He said sternly. Kendric's goggles quietly whirred to life as the lenses lit up and started analyzing the approaching woman.

"Before we continue I feel it best to conduce introductions. I am Kendric Silvers, and my partner is a Ferre by the name of 'Nylau': Tan fur, approximately twenty-five to twenty-eight years of age and wearing fitted armor along with a number of knives. And you?" The tone in his voice was very matter-of-fact. Even after he spoke, Kendric's stance did not shift. He wasn't convinced that the axe-wielding woman was the only person (or thing) nearby. Remaining pressed up against the wall weapon held tight, he almost swore he heard another voice.

Eile Olain: Footsteps of the fox.

Reaching Varia, Eile smiled as she took the time to examine the place. Needless to say, the place was lined with gold. Literally. Her tail wagged eagerly as Eile heard Hale speak.

"Welcome to Varia... may this be your home for long..."

"I know it will be." Eile replied, already taking a liking to the place as she followed Hale into the building.

The man was greeted by one of the staff who told him that orientation was currently on, even if it was too late to actually join in. That or to grab some food. Either ways, it looked like going to a room would be out of the question for now. Eile shrugged for a bit as she debated on which of the two she wanted to do.

"I wanna watch the orientation. Do you know where it is?" Eile asked, curiosity taking full control again.

Before she even looked around, a thought ran through her head.

"Hmm. People might not be used to seeing a curse yet. Hmm." Eile muttered before raising her cursed right arm.

Speaking quickly, Eile layered an illusion over her right arm to show a normal skinned right arm that bored no obvious signs of a curse. Eile flexed the illusion arm a bit before walking over to a random table and touching it. Everything was intact.

"Come on hale, we gotta go to the orientation." Eile said smiling while looking at each door, wondering which one would lead to the orientation area.

Reactions: 2 people
Raven 1
"Hello?" Raven had called as he approached what appeared to be a four-way intersection. His voice was fading on him now, but he knew there was someone ahead, it sounded almost like running feet, feet running on all fours? Was it a new monster? Cautiously, keeping his gun at his side in case it was another contestant, and his right hand on the wall so he couldn't get turned around at the intersection up ahead, he walked forward. Suddenly the sound turned into something that sounded partly like a small scuffle, and partly like to bodies hitting the floor and rolling.

The rolling stopped and not hearing any more fighting, Raven strolled forward rounding the corner into the intersection to find two Ferre up against a wall staring at each other. He holstered his gun and tugged on his bandanna as he stared at them, unable to find any words with which to comment on the situation.
Raven 2
Raven continued to walk down the corridor. He had long since removed his hand from the wall and lost track of where he had been, but the sound of the cow was still helping him keep track of his bearings. There, it should be just up ahead now . . . Raven rounded a corner and froze.

"You're not a cow!" he mumbled beginning to back peddle. Just ahead of him was what looked like a cow and sounded like a cow, but it was half the size, pitch black bore two foot long horns, and was breathing what looked like fire from it's nostrils. The thing was standing directly in front of one of the other participant's mirrors. Raven suddenly knew that his gun was going to do little good and so he turned and ran as the thing charged down the hall after him.

In his effort to loose the beast he turned down corridor after corridor and so quickly got turned around himself. His untied bandanna was lost somewhere in the chase, but he didn't care. All he cared about was finding someone else; anyone else so long as they had a weapon that could do something about the monster that was right behind him.

"No! No more! It's too much!" The little creatures kept giving her food and Tiana could find no reason to refuse. However, each time she took a bite, she needed to take another. Finally, after eating and drinking more than she ever had, Tiana started to get drowsy. The monsters in the camp-like room started helping her to a nearby hammock that was too comfortable to be true. However, it was. Tiana started dreaming about many heroic adventures and even some naughty scenes that somehow found their way into the plot.

Above the labyrinth on the spectator stands, several members were heard to be whispering to each other.

"Oh man... she's done for now..."

"Yeah, they say... 'kill them with kindness' or something, I'd say this takes the prize home."

"What do you think? I bet she won't wake."

"Fifty credits?"

"You're on."

------

"Die you slithery little bastard!" Quite taken aback, Tiana Veyliss instinctively hopped back as the tall woman who had taunted her leaped forward to attack. The axe looked huge and Tiana slightly panicked before jumping to the side a bit late. She was about to shoot some weak fireballs out until she saw the snake. The snake had sensed the approaching danger much faster though, and slithered to the side as well, just a bit after Tiana. Before Tiana could react, it bite her leg. Different from regular snakes though, this slithery monster wrapped itself around her leg as Tiana lost consciousness.

Unbeknownst to her own mind, Tiana had been possessed by the snake. Making Tiana hiss in delight, the snake had her aim a larger fireball at the axe-wielding woman. Swaying in a snake-like manner, the possessed Tiana started circling her target.

Hale Kridurin, snow
"Come on Hale, we gotta go to the orientation."

Despite looking forward to a large meal and at least five mugs of something, Hale Kridurin decided he must take upon his duty as a Varia Officer to provide this new recruit's orientation. Unsure what Risuna had planned for the recent wave of recruits, Hale decided he might as well see if Eile could either join or at least watch. Afterwards, he would give her a brief tour with the first stop being the cafeteria. Oh ho ho ho... ahem... forgive me, Lord, for my gluttonous thoughts...

"Yes, it would be best for you to follow me closely, as the halls of Varia sometimes fail to be... consistent." Leading the way, Hale steadily ascended the steps with eyes closed as if meditating some major dilemma the world was suffering from. Almost bumping into another person, Hale cleared his throat to cover his embarrassment and decided to just walk up the steps normally.

Reaching the training area on the second floor, Hale couldn't help make a secret longing glance towards the cafeteria. Gesturing towards the dojo area, which was further in the large west side of the floor, Hale nodded solemnly. "Here is where orientation is currently taking place. Perhaps it was fortunate for you to be late, as Risuna Tiolee, the director of Varia, is sometimes said to be quite unorthodox in her ways of dealing with things. The other recruits should be in the middle of some ungodly exhibition."

Eile Olain: Concession grab.

"Yes, it would be best for you to follow me closely, as the halls of Varia sometimes fail to be... consistent."

"Really?" Eile asked looking at Hale as he nearly ran into another person before coughing.

With that, Eile followed Hale as he led her to the second floor area. The Kitsune's Ears flickered as it picked up random noises from random areas before Hale spoke up pointing at a random door.

"Here is where orientation is currently taking place. Perhaps it was fortunate for you to be late, as Risuna Tiolee, the director of Varia, is sometimes said to be quite unorthodox in her ways of dealing with things. The other recruits should be in the middle of some ungodly exhibition."

"Really? It can't be that bad right?" Eile asked as her nose caught the smell of food.

A tiny portion of her primal kitsune side took over for a bit as Eile followed her nose into a set of doors, which just happened to be the cafeteria. Eile smiled a bit as she decided to grab something to eat while watching the orientation. Several mad swipes later, Eile exited the cafeteria with several plates of meat and two mugs of ale as she ran back to Hale before thrusting a mug and some meat into Hale's hand.

"Come on. There's nothing against eating while watching the orientation right?" Eile asked as she opened the dojo doors.

Inside the dojo was the weirdest sight Eile has ever seen. There was a huge pit in the middle of the room as she heard lots of noise coming from within them. She then saw some spectators on the spectators stand around a pit. She ran up them before finding a spot at the stands to sit at. She waved to Hale, who she hoped was behind him as she took a huge bite out of the meat she 'acquired' before swallowing while looking into the pit. It was quite literally a maze inside the pit with many people in it and it kinda looks like some of them were twins. Eile shrugged as she took another bit of the swiped meat.

"The food's great!" Eile exclaimed as she took a swig of the ale, not noticing her cursed arm illusion faded as people started to whisper about her and her arm.

Reactions: 2 people
A look of annoyance played across Cynder's features when the snake avoided her attack, "You hold still and accept your fate, damnit!" one light blue eye twitching slightly with those words. Another string of rather colorful words passed through her lips as the snake manage to get ahold of Tiana's leg and digs its fangs into the girl's flesh. At least the thing couldn't possibly kill its victim because Cynder was far from being a healer.

A curious brow was quirked when Tiana hissed a moment after being bitten. Now that was different. What the hell had the snake done to the girl? With those thoughts dancing through her mind, Cynder just barely registered the fact there was a ball of fire hurtling through the air in her direction, "Oh shi--," the curse cut short as she threw herself out of the path of the attack.

Hitting the ground shoulder first, the warrior woman used her momentum to roll and come up in a crouched position with her great axe readied. A hint of anger flashed in her eyes, "You want to play then? Huh, snakey?" She was going to have to be careful in what she did here. While the monsters and such were illusions, her axe was real enough.

A quick decision was made and Cynder suddenly lunged up at the possessed girl, lips pulled into a snarl. Her intent was to try and pin Tiana against a wall with the haft of her weapon. It was the best thing she could think of for the moment, beyond just trying to cleave the snake in half. Which would quite possibly end with cleaving the girl's leg. Sooo that option was definitely a no go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giving a slight nod to his response to her question, Cynder shifted her free hand to thoughtfully stroke her chin. She had to wonder how much time they had left to find their partners. When Kendric mentioned what he expected she gave another nod of her head, "It would only be fair," her free hand falling back to her side as she spoke those words.

"Well met, Kendric Silvers. I am Cynder and my partner..," muttering that last word with clear annoyance, "...is some damned little girl that stormed into the cafeteria earlier with, of all things, a cow slung over one of her shoulders," scowling a bit as she continued on, "I think her name might have been Mahina..," shaking her head a little, "Or maybe it was Mo'nle..," exhaling a sigh of frustration, "She's not even supposed to be my partner. She just happened to show up in here just before the walls and mirrors came into play," yep, the warrior woman was not happy with the situation.

Something that sounded like another voice reached her ears, causing her to tilt her head slightly to one side for a moment. She wasn't sure if it was real, or simply imagined. After a minute or two of lingering silence, she gave a shrug of one shoulder, turning her attention back to Kendric, "Did you hear something, or was it just me?" giving the man little time to respond in before she began moving in the general direction she thought the sound had come from, "No point in lingering here. The sooner we find our partners, the sooner get this over with."

The shock was not hidden in Nylau's face when she gazed up at her attacker. It was her. "It seems I have found myself." The appearance was uncanny. How had they managed such a perfect copy? "If my memory serves me well we are after the same prey. The longer we remain this way the more time is lost to find our companion." The other Ferre released her and stood. Nylau stood as well and rolled her shoulders. She had never had the chance to feel her own strength so fully before. She truly did owe Kendric an apology.

"Now that we have found each other, perhaps we can continue together. Either companion will be drawn to us so this trial may be much easier on us." She folded her arms and stared at the copy, awaiting a response. If it truly held her same reasoning and goal then she would agree. They would not have to run around aimlessly anymore. "I was following a scent that resembled Kendric's, if you wish to join me."

Now that she had calmed down a bit she noticed the extra body nearby. It was one of the people that had helped her against that creature. His name escaped her but she recognized him. "It's you," she said, drawing the other Ferre's attention to him as well. "Good, another ally. Would you mind to join our search?"
_________________________________​

It wasn't another Ferre, just her. It had possibly slipped her mind that she too had a copy running around the maze as well. "Or yourself has found you," she said, looking herself over. This is most strange. What sort of magic does Varia posses to create such things? She mentioned Kendric and her ears perked up. She released the other Ferre and stood. "This is very strange but staying together would be the best strategy. We are looking for the same person and there is two of him looking for both of us so I do not expect any changes of heart between us."

She looked behind her when the other began to address someone else. The man that hid behind the cloth. It reminded her of the night scouts from her tribe and so she was easily fond of the man. "Yes, having another pair of eyes and ears would be welcome. Perhaps we could help eachother."

The Ferre shook hands on their deal then proceeded forward. She had no intention to betray herself, besides, what good would it do? There was also a possibly that they had enchanted the copies with similar physical states as the originals and weakening her meant weakening herself. This Varia was quite an impressive organization. They did pause to wait for their aquainted companion.

• Love
Reactions: Falcon
Raven 1
"It's you. Good, another ally. Would you mind to join our search?"
"Yes, having another pair of eyes and ears would be welcome. Perhaps we could help eachother."

Raven nodded and offered his hand to each of them. "I am Raven," he murmured his voice raw and hoarse. Unable to remember the Ferre's name he found it unlikely they would remember his, and so had no problem reintroducing himself. "My partner . . . Tiana." He offered, but did not bother to complete the sentence as he followed the two down the path they had yet to explore. He would succeed or fail, as they would, but either way it seemed he had made a few new friends.
Raven 2
Raven ran faster than he had needed to run in a long time, dodging round corners, doubling back, looping around, he had long since lost his way and was now taking every other turn he could, no matter what the direction, in an effort to lose the cow monstrosity.

Eventually he succeeded.

Slowing down, gasping for breath, he took one more turn into what seemed to be a large room, and stared. He had no idea what it was, only that it seemed to look like a campsite of some sort, filled with stands of food, and what looked like hammocks around the edge. There were a ton of little monsters that seemed to be trying to get him to eat, but Raven's eyes locked on something across the room.

There asleep in one of the Hammocks was his partner, or one of them. "Out of my way, half-pints." He growled and he made his way past the stands and food offering critters until he reached her side. "Come on wake up." Raven proceeded to tap Tiana's cheeks and shake her shoulders, gently but firmly.

If she didn't wake he had half a mind to throw her over his shoulder and haul her around the maze. The rules hadn't said the partner had to be awake, only found, and Raven was still determined to find both. For that matter he was beginning to realize he really should find himself as well. For all he knew this was the real Tiana but he wasn't the real Raven–

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Hale Kridurin, snow
"Oh... thank you..." Hale Kridurin was grateful to receive the food and drink from the lively Kitsune. "Really though, to be pampered by the newcomer..." Chuckling, Hale murmured some thanks to his deities as well and began to munch away while they entered the dojo area.

"Come on. There's nothing against eating while watching the orientation right?" Eile Olain asked.

"Mrummf? Mo, mot ah all! Ah long ah you clean amy mess!" Hale tended to drop his sagely demeanor when eating, though it is usually subtle and most don't notice. Swallowing, he tried again. "Not at all... please... enjoy..."

"The food's great!" Eile exclaimed and Hale smiled to that. Resuming focus on the labyrinth below, Hale spotted a large demonic monster roaming near the center. Flabbergasted at the insanity of Risuna Tiolee, Hale silently prayed for those near its vicinity... it was fairly close to some large encampment area. Attracted to the aroma of food and drink?... or tracking someone? Hale was quite familiar with that large monster since it is the classic test for new recruits to advance to the "regular" member type status in the organization. The monster was fairly intelligent despite its primal behavior.

Noticing Eile's arm returning to its normal appearance, Hale gently informed her that it was starting to show. "I do wish to let you know though... you have nothing to hide here. Many will be fascinated... but none will discriminate you for it... those that would... won't last here very long." Though he said that, Hale worried about a small group in Varia that recently have started to become more arrogant as they validated their own prowess. It was unfortunate that the very group of concern was also one of Varia's top teams.

Tiana Veyliss was dreaming about a war. Located near the army headquarters overlooking the battlefield, her task was to launch large chunks of earth towards enemy masses. The leader was quite handsome and paid special attention to protecting her from enemy archers and of the like. The dream was fantastic even though the enemies seemed to be unlimited in number. Tiana had no problem with that since her energy was unlimited.

"Come on wake up." The leader said to Tiana.

"Huh? I am awake, what do you mean?"

The leader approached her and put a hand on each shoulder. Suddenly, the battlefield went quiet as everyone turned towards them. Suddenly, Tiana and that leader were standing in a quiet room with sweet candles and fruit platters lying around. "Leader..."

Despite the intimate atmosphere, Tiana couldn't help jerking her shoulders as if some invisible force was jostling her. The leader started backing away, face perplexed. "Leader... I don't know what is happening..."

Fading away, Tiana opened her eyes to see a familiar face looking down at her. She felt her face burn in embarrassment even though she knew Raven couldn't possibly have known what her dream was about. "H-hi Raven, I'm glad t-to see you."

"...Um... how are you?" Tiana asked awkwardly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The snake possessing Tiana Veyliss saw the axe-wielding woman lunge forward, and felt through its host, Tiana being pinned against the wall. With disregard to the anatomy of the humanoid body, the snake had Tiana twist her lower body as much as it could. The result was the back leg being the one the snake was wrapped around.

"Hsssss.... ssssssss...." Tiana kept breathing strangely through the snake's control and the snake had her lift her front leg quickly. Fortunately, Tiana was able to bring her knee up near her chest. The snake had Tiana aim a kick upwards towards the direction of the axe-wielding woman's throat.

Reactions: Seth Bloodmoon
Eile Olain: Enjoy the show.

"I do wish to let you know though... you have nothing to hide here. Many will be fascinated... but none will discriminate you for it... those that would... won't last here very long."

Eile nodded while refocusing on her illusions. One of the downsides to having innate abilities to create realistic illusions. Soon the illusion of a normal arm returned as Eile quickly smiled. The people that was looking at Eile's arm blinked before shaking their heads. Some muttered that it was the lights playing tricks on their eyes as they refocused their attention to the maze.

"Thanks Hale." Eile replied as she looked into the maze. From the stands, she saw quite a unique cast of people. A child(?) with two cows following her, an armored woman with a giant axe, a ferre woman, a man with weird looking goggles, and a little girl with a staff. Eile had to call out her favorite.

"I like the Ferre person. Go get them Ferre person!" Eile proclaimed loudly into the maze as her fox ears twitched and tail wagged eagerly. She supported her completely due to the tail factor before looking at the monsters that was with them.

The biggest one was easily the one near the middle as she also saw monsters around a table. She had to look at the person who was hosting the orientation, but didn't see the person upon scanning the room.

"So who's hosting this show? It looks fun ." Eile asked as she stood up to look for the show runner.

The expression on Cynder's face was one of a person assuming she'd have a quick victory at this point. Then the snake possessed girl twisted in a not so normal manner. This little change of events caused a flicker of annoyance to dance in the light blue depths of the warrior woman's eyes as a sneer tugged at her lips.

When Tiana hissed again, Cynder growled in return and prepared to try and headbutt the girl. Before she could follow through with her plans she caught sight of that foot snapping up at her throat. In response she twisted her body to the right, taking the kick in the shoulder.

A faint hiss of pain passed through her lips as she jumped back a bit to put some distance between them, her eyes narrowing to dangerous slits. The maneuver wasn't done to avoid being kicked at again as to give her room to utilize her weapon. The instant her feet were planted once more, she thrust the head of her great axe forward at Tiana's stomach, almost as if stabbing with a spear. Fortunately there was no spike on the head of her weapon, so if the blow connected it would be blunt force trauma.

Cynder, however, fully expected the girl to be able to dodge the attack. In fact, it was more of a feint than anything. Light blue eyes were intent, watching to see which direction the snake possessed recruit might dodge. Right or left, at least that's what the warrior woman expected. Should the girl go either way, Cynder was ready to change the trajectory of her weapon. If such came to be the intent of her attack would be to try and strike the girl upside the head with the flat of the axe blade. She fully intended to knock her out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assuming Kendrick was following behind, Cynder continued down the corridor, with luck they would find another recruit shortly. With even better luck it would turn out to be one of their partners. With the best of luck it would be that obnoxious runt that had stormed into the cafeteria with a cow. Alright, maybe that wouldn't be so lucky... Yeah. Again she silently cursed fate for leaving her stuck with that particular person as a partner. She also silently cursed the bard for not making it out of the cafeteria and the damned faeries as well. It was probably a good thing she was keeping her cursing to herself.

Upon reaching an intersection in the impromptu labyrinth, the warrior woman paused in her steps and tilted her head slightly to one side to listen for the voice she thought she had heard. A slight frown formed on her lips as she continued listening, a different sound reaching her ears. The sound of something with hooves running. Something large. Glancing back over her shoulder, she sought out Kendrick, "Hey, do you hear tha---"

Whatever it was had been moving impossibly fast, or had been much closer than Cynder had thought. Perhaps the acoustics of the labrynth had made it seem further away. She never got to finish her question as a large form slammed into her from the side. The impact knocked the wind out of her and would have sent her sailing through the air if a pair of large, hairy arms wrapped about her armored form. Somehow she managed to not drop her weapon, though there was little she could do with it in her current state.

The creature, something like a minotaur, shouted, "Yoink!" followed by rumbling laughter as it kept running with its 'prize' vanishing down one of the corridors at a fairly fast pace. Within moments it had taken several turns without any real destination in mind. Cynder put up little resistance as she was carried along, still stunned, though one hand kept a white knuckled grip upon the haft of her great axe.

Nylau nodded and shook his hand. "I was following a scent similar to my own, hoping it would lead me to Master Kendric," she explained as she led the way. "Your scent is very different so it was not you. I was worried I may have picked up on my own scent but now that I am here. It smells very different from my scent so I am confident that it was Master Kendric after all." Her unease had been mostly put away for the sake of focusing on the task at hand but seeing Raven reminded her of the incident all over again.

"Have you come across anyone else, Raven?" She was both curious and trying to associate him with something else other than the unpleasant event earlier that day. Nylau paused just as they came to another corner. A large creature roared toward them and swung a spiked hand toward her. She jumped back and snatched out a dagger. "Let's be quick, I do not want to lose his scent!"
She shook his hand firmly. "Perhaps we can help each other," she said as she followed herself. It was still very strange but if she had a lead then why not follow. Kendric would surely know which of her were the real one so it did not bother her to continue with the other Nylau. When they came to the corner she ran around the others and struck the creature's leg with a dagger to draw it's attention, leaving an opening for the others. This time she sought to deal damage to the foe and not put her companions in danger.

When she got to the other side there was a wall. She cursed uder her breath and dived to avoid another swing from the creature's huge hands. "There is a wall here," she shouted to the others. "We may defeat the creature but there is no where to go from here!"

Raven 1
"Have you come across anyone else, Raven?"
"I have not," he answered hoarsely, but a moment later there was a monster in the way. Both Nylaus attacked the thing and left little room for him to get a clean shot, but he quickly realized that the two of them had the entire situation under control. When the dead end was announced Raven only smiled. This he could help with.

"There is a wall here," she shouted to the others. "We may defeat the creature but there is no where to go from here!"

"Keep on same wall," he said simply letting his right hand trace around the wall as he circled the dead end and began to backtrack the way they had come before following the wall as it turned down the way one of the Nylaus had appeared from. "Always know location . . . relative to my mirror." He paused and coughed at the end of that sentence, lifting his bandanna to cover his mouth. When he had caught his breath he looked over his shoulder to see if they were coming before continuing on and taking the text right hand turn. He could sea as he did that the passage circled around past the dead end they had been trying to get through a few minutes before.
Raven 2
"H-hi Raven, I'm glad t-to see you ...Um... how are you?"

"Tired," Raven answered Tiana simply, "Still have the other you to find, other me also." He stood then to help her up. "Four together means the real pair is guaranteed." He almost walked away then, but turned back. "You injured?"

Status
Not open for further replies.