Vanaheim's Finest OOC (Accepting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Maybe if it's accepted you wanna work out a relationship between our characters then @Silverdawn ?
We could but I'm kinda going for a crazy guy who people may or may not like, but he is just good at stealth and free running so our characters might work together but we could work separately.

We could but I'm kinda going for a crazy guy who people may or may not like, but he is just good at stealth and free running so our characters might work together but we could work separately.
Word of advice man, don't ever go "crazy" and "unlikable" as charachter trait. This is a group rp after all. And, a killer "psycho" grows stale really fast.

Reactions: Drifter and Henri
Word of advice man, don't ever go "crazy" and "unlikable" as charachter trait. This is a group rp after all. And, a killer "psycho" grows stale really fast.
There's a huge difference between being the team psycho who plays by his own rules and ruins every chance at effective communication and the eccentric guy who prefers to go it alone, but finds a niche in this team. Basically, one will more than likely end up dead, and the other one will have a chance to develop.

Clearly, not every character will have the same worldview, and some of them might come off as crazy (holding fanatical beliefs, suffering from a disorder in a realistic manner, prone to impulsiveness) and others will be unlikable (belligerent racist, eerily quiet, grade-A jerkass syndrome) and those are all traits and quirks that can go into creating an interesting world. I do tend to keep a close watch on characters their creators describe as "crazy" or "unlikable", same with "loner" because they are often used as crutches for writers. "Loners are cool!" or "If I make my character crazy, I might be able to get away with not having to actually characterize them!" are the sort of flags that go up in my head after seeing those words.

So, yeah, Hellis is right for the most part. A character can start an end an RP as a loner but still go through character development by gaining friends, even if he still prefers to be alone at certain times, suffering personal losses, and all that good stuff. Unlikable characters can also be redeemed by opening up to other characters... even if he doesn't change his ways, understanding is still reached and the group can accept him more and he can begin to treat them like valuable assets, establishing an amicable environment. "Crazy" is definitely harder to develop, but I've seen it happen.

Just be careful with words like that. I don't want to dictate how you guys play, and I like having a varied cast, but I do like to jump in with pointers and such, from time to time.

He is a bit crazy but he isn't stupid, he kills who he likes but never would go against the team, I'm just saying some might not like him for their own reasons about his personality being a bit off.

@Silverdawn

I think your character will probably seem pretty normal compared to mine. Jericho has to share his psyche with a arch demon, to whom only he can hear. So it basically seems like he's talking to an imaginary friend or is just a schizo lunatic...

@Silverdawn

I think your character will probably seem pretty normal compared to mine. Jericho has to share his psyche with a arch demon, to whom only he can hear. So it basically seems like he's talking to an imaginary friend or is just a schizo lunatic...
Okay it seems I'll fit right in then, in that case.

*sobs all over the place as the psyche major working in in the psyche field* y'all are hitting all my triggers, stahp~

A few more images of Jericho...11745513_10200780405470155_4562780721397557105_n.jpg 11800263_10200780620195523_132548563561405327_n.jpg 11800280_10200780421870565_8668872275886376953_n.jpg

Interested. I'll have something up asap, but it might end up being a work in progress for a little while.

Name: Leon Corvinus
Sex: male
Height:
Elf: 5'10"
Werelion: 7'11"
Appearance:

Background: Each character will come from one of three backgrounds, Officer (meaning you were assigned here thanks to the higher ups), Criminal (meaning, of course, that you did something dastardly, but you did it well enough that your talents were kept in a handy file for a moment like this), or Volunteer (you offered yourself up to be a part of the action). Do keep in mind that the Vanaheim PD was strictly humans only before this point.

Personality:
History:
Expand a little bit on the one-word answer given above.

Skill Points: These skills will not be increasing as the game goes on, but they will determine the types of traits and skills you are allowed to access later. I ask that players select two of these to be their specialties, so even if you want to build a fairly jack-of-all-trades character to be safe, he or she will still fill a distinct role in the group. Each of these skills should have a value between 0-10, and each player has 30 points to distribute.
  • Strength: Whether you use it to throw debilitating punches, lift heavy loads, or put some extra swing in melee combat, you're physically stronger than most people and it shows.
  • Agility: You can run faster than others, and you're not bad at dodging, either. Basically, if anyone in the group is going to be an escape artist, it's you. You have the potential to make the city your running and jumping jungle gym.
  • Charisma: If you need to get some information out of someone, you're going to use your words, rather than trying to punch the answers out of them. Conversely, you are also good at persuading others and generally, people just think you talk real smooth-like.
  • Intelligence: Your brain is your best weapon, and it's thanks to your smarts that you pick up on things that others can miss, making you quite perceptive. Your intelligence also allows you to better grasp new technologies or solve difficult puzzles, as well as craft seemingly fool-proof plans.
  • Dexterity: While some are fleet of foot, you possess nimble fingers that can easily be used for such activities as lockpicking, pick-pocketing, or faster gunplay. You are known for acts of phenomenal prestidigitation and that makes you quite useful if a job requires someone with a steady hand.
  • Will: Courage and tenacity are your forte, and you are more resilient than your peers in the face of pain, as well as less likely to lose your nerve in tough situations. Good aim is usually inherent in this skill, and psions tend to find it useful in controlling their powers.

Traits: Give yourself two custom traits here that I will approve or deny, just to keep the game balanced. You can make them geared towards combat or they can help with things such as persuasion, sneaking and stealing.
(W.I.P.)

Last edited:
Name:

Nienna Tyleon

Race:

Elf

Sex:

Female

Height:

6'2

Appearance:

yaret_river02_by_katyok-d5xvcbj.jpg

day%2038-39.jpg~original

83ae1a90bfcabf75eef8b96631a3c8bd.jpg

Background: Volunteer

Personality:
Truly, she's a bit of a bitch to start of with. She doesn't like people who make mistakes- being a perfectionist when it comes to work, mistakes bug the hell out of her. She's a warm person though, doesn't like to hold grudges for small things and when it's needed, can focus for hours on a single task to the best of her abilities.

History:

In a city ruled by humans, where the vast majority of the accepted society is human- there really were only so many occupations a non-human could apply for. As such, the only job she'd ever wanted was denied to her- the Police and Investigation Bureau. She had wanted to make a change, be the first elf to get to Officer- or even into the forces. But it wasn't to be, as time after time she was rejected from entry.
So she endeavoured in the world of crime, starting as a drug runner and making her way up the gang ladders until she landed herself a position as a 'purveyor of dubious goods'. Basically, she'd found her niche in the field of espionage and thievery.
But she gave it all up when she volunteered- she was a thief through and through by now but her dreams had never truly died. She volunteered and, in account of her skills, was accepted.

Skill Points: These skills will not be increasing as the game goes on, but they will determine the types of traits and skills you are allowed to access later. I ask that players select two of these to be their specialties, so even if you want to build a fairly jack-of-all-trades character to be safe, he or she will still fill a distinct role in the group. Each of these skills should have a value between 0-10, and each player has 30 points to distribute.
  • Strength: 2
  • Agility: 7
  • Charisma: 5
  • Intelligence: 4
  • Dexterity: 7
  • Will: 5

Traits:

Photographic memory- comes in handy basically everywhere. For memorising maps, numbers, information- you name it.

WIP​

Hello~ I'm interested in joining or is it too late? Also I'm kind of new to roleplaying is that ok?

I'm interested in this as well. I still hope there are some spots open.

Do all your charachters be werelions Victor?
No. Some are vampires, werewolves and normal people. And the occasional superhero.

Sorry for my absence but I'm back to review applications and such.

This is definitely still open. I don't mind a large cast, as I expect there will be some turnover in the future.

@Victor Markov, Leon Corvinus is looking a lot like the same Leon Corvinus in Pyrrhic Space.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Sorry for my absence but I'm back to review applications and such.

This is definitely still open. I don't mind a large cast, as I expect there will be some turnover in the future.

@Victor Markov, Leon Corvinus is looking a lot like the same Leon Corvinus in Pyrrhic Space.
Speaking of pyrrhic space, I don't think I got an answer to my second question in our conversation. And they're similar, but not completely the same..

Name
Maximilian Carlyle
Race

Human
Sex
Male
Height

5'10"

Appearance
Max stands slightly taller than most his age. This only serves to make him more intimidating with the scars running underneath his eye patch. Despite the gruff exterior, he tries to maintain a warm smile and dashing face as best he can.

Background
Officer

Personality
Max is often the first one to try and lighten the mood. He's very light-hearted, humorous, and is always the one to ask for a party. He just wants to have a good time. In fact, his easy-going lifestyle impact his decisions in the workplace, often forgoing certain formalities, regulations, and procedures. Still, it doesn't affect his efficiency or degrade his work by too far of an extent. Still, he has an eye for crime scenes and an analytical mind.

History
Max has been worked almost every beat on the streets in his career as an officer. He began as a low ranking beat officer. He and his assigned partner would patrol the streets and would report and stop various crimes that happened along the busy streets of Vanaheim. It wasn't anything too interesting. A few bar fights and maybe an armed altercation if he were lucky. Any sort of homicide or organized crime would be handled by the higher ups. Still, it was an important part of the Vanaheim justice system. And he's doing his part.

Despite the boring patrols, his upbeat personality made it easy for him to bear. He was often paired up with cadets and new officers due to his welcoming nature. For four years he's been all over Vanaheim's precincts with a plethora of partners. He became familiar with almost all of the different beats and learned to handle himself in a firefight when needed. He had a good eye for spotting danger and how to deal with would-be problems. His lucky break came when he assisted a detective to solve a near perfect crime committed at the docks. This small investigation revealed a large part of a ring of human trafficking. It was during this particular encounter with the ring leader that caused him to damage his eye. Max, not being a particularly strong officer, attempted to apprehend the suspect, but not before he received a large gash along his eye for his trouble. He was sent to the hospital for recovery. His right eye had become useless, but as soon as he got out, he received a commendation and a promotion.

This breakthrough landed him a new uniform and a new job as Vanaheim's newly minted detective. His discoveries didn't end there. With him on the job, he became an effective detective, mainly solving Vice cases, ironically. Perhaps being so close to the things that tempt him the most is unwise. He has trouble trying to not get involved with that seedy underbelly that he investigates so much. He hasn't done anything that could get him into trouble yet, but constantly visiting the dark side of Vanaheim is beginning to wear away at his resolve, given his penchant for partying.

Skill Points
  • Strength: 3
  • Agility: 5
  • Charisma: 6
  • Intelligence: 8
  • Dexterity: 7
  • Will: 1

Traits

Analytical Eye
Max focuses on the crime scene and begins to streamline his surroundings. He picks apart information and picks out the most relevant information and objects in his surroundings. His mind races to piece together information and put together a picture to work with.

Precise Eye
Max is no stranger to firefights. During combat, he processes information just as fast as he does during his investigations. He can easily identify important targets and weaknesses in his enemies, whether it be the soft spot between the suspect's bulletproof armor or the large stack of crates next to him that is just one nudge away from falling onto the suspect. Note: Being able to spot the weaknesses in an enemy's defenses and being able to actually hit them are two different things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.