Van Der Graaf Generator

F

Finch

Original poster
Seriously, one of my favorite bands of all time. I know 99% of you've probably never even heard of them, but god damn, is anyone out there actually willing to give them a chance?
^Three of my favorites.

OH MY GOD

WHAT

WHAT

YOU ACTUALLY LISTEN TO THEM

OH MY GOD

MARRIAGE

HAPPENING NOW

Do you like King Crimson too?

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
OH MY GOD

WHAT

WHAT

YOU ACTUALLY LISTEN TO THEM

OH MY GOD

MARRIAGE

HAPPENING NOW

Do you like King Crimson too?
Oh my fucking God, I can't even..

I can't believe you actually like them, this is insane. I share your capitalized exclamations. Totally.

Man, I haven't heard too much, but I know they're one of the kingpins of prog rock and I totally should (EDIT: When it comes to King Crimson that is. I fucking OWN the discography of VDGG, they've been one of my favorite bands for yeaaaaars)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
I want to sit here and talk about music with you for now until eternity. And if you happen to be a chick, I have to say that you're my soulmate and have to move to Missouri ASAP hahaha :-P

Ahahaha PM me~ I actually live quite close to you o.o

Aaaaaand that is the story of how two teens hooked up via the internet.

Reactions: Fluffy
That's a pretty funny story bro, but I'm 24 and have it listed clearly in my profile

I am very happy for you.

They actually sound pretty good, though I'd usually listen to stuff from The Who, or Oasis, or heck The Beatles anyways.
So I guess I'm too accustomed to Brit muse to dislike this.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
They actually sound pretty good, though I'd usually listen to stuff from The Who, or Oasis, or heck The Beatles anyways.
So I guess I'm too accustomed to Brit muse to dislike this.
Yeah man, it's really great honestly. I love The Who myself, not too big of a fan of Oasis, and my mom's probably the biggest Beatles' fan I've ever known haha. I'm not a Brit, but all 4 of those bands named are of completely different genres and are instrumental in their own rights.

I'd say you should give VDGG a good run through; they sum up what prog rock is imo and their lyrics are absolutely to die for

Yeah, the lyrics were what caught me, and the music, obviously.
Oh, and I'll listen to them, that's definitely being done. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reactions: Finch
Yeah, the lyrics were what caught me, and the music, obviously.
Oh, and I'll listen to them, that's definitely being done. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Awesome! Let me know what you think! :D

^Yup, I'm still going, forgot how much I fucking love this band and Peter Hammil