Vampiron Ale & Inn

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tall roegadyn knew she had touched a nerve, and quickly regretted offering her assistance. On top of that, Lucifer was staring at her with a mixture of hunger and disappointment and worry on his face. Zarya gulped the last of her sandwich down, and rubbed the back of her head nervously, remembering Drake's warning about bar fights (not that she wanted to get into one with their new guests, anyway!).

"O-oh, well, I didn't mean to impose," she smiled awkwardly at the agitated neko. "I've just seen my fair share of trouble around these parts, and I didn't want you to feel uncomfortable out there. I'll leave you to it! You seem fully capable of taking care of yourself." A cheesy grin was now plastered on Zarya's face, and she was feeling like a small child, again.

"Uh... I think I'll head out, myself, for the night," she said, backing away slowly. "If anyone needs me, I'll be here first thing in the morning! Or, if you don't, I'll--be around!"

"Gummies, taffy, chicken ramen..." Tilly mumbled to herself so she wouldn't forget. As the challenge passed, she allowed her posture to relax. "I'll be back in like ten minutes." She spoke easily and slipped out the door. Her senses easily cut through the thickening night, her sharp gaze piercing even the darkest of alleyways. This feeling of sentimentality that came over her as she silently stalked the streets brought a warm smile to her face.

It was a night like this when she first met Leone. The night when she lost her first life and saved his only one. Of course, after that they took off on a completely crazy around the world adventure trying to hunt down the demon that took her first life and stole the heart of a family friend, cursing him to eternal life, but that was a completely different story. She closed her eyes, delving into the old memory. When her sharp eyes opened once more, she was standing outside Rite-Aide. "Gummies, taffy, chicken ramen..." She mumbled once more as she wove her way through the aisles. She grabbed what he requested and grabbed a select few items that she needed, as well as Leone's Excedrin.

The woman at the register gave her quite the odd look as she bagged her items, though Tilly was unfazed. Pocketing the change, the neko left the store and began her walk back to the inn.

Reactions: Luchi
With the kitchen clean, Wesley finally emerged from the kitchen doors, his mechanically measured steps leading him to the bar counter. The various gears and clockwork were becoming audible as he finally sat down after working. He removed the copper plated top hat he always wore, revealing a masterfully sculpted head of hair, each an individual strand of what seemed like silver, or a similar metal. He tweaked his mustache.
"Good afternoon, everyone, I seem to be in need of some assistance, would anyone wish to help?"
He was hoping for a yes, his oil gauge was low, and he needed to tinker with his chest a little bit and make sure his 'Heart' was still functioning correctly.

Zarya realized that she had been hasty in trying to rush out of the inn. She had offered to help Sir Wesley clean up, and there he was asking for assistance. Aw, shit. What a dummy, she scolded herself. At least I avoided an altercation with the neko. She shook her head as she started to walk over to the cook. I really didn't mean to bother her. I guess I need to work on my people skills.

"Hey, Wesley," she smiled. "Just tell me what needs fixin' and I'll get ya all taken care of in a jiffy! My hands may not be as finely tuned as yours, but I can do a thing or two."

The roe never told anyone that she had acute skills for fighting, and was good at crafting weapons. She'd rather keep the past where it was--out of sight. It was apparent that Zarya knew how to fight, but it seemed like it was more of a nuisance than anything. She didn't mean to get in trouble, it was just part of who she was. And while she may not be skilled with complex devices that made up the great Sir Wesley, Zarya was willing immerse herself into the machinery if he gave her a little bit of instruction.

"Is there anything in particular in here that I should know about before I get started? I'd hate to get some wires crossed the wrong way," she chuckled

"Well," He began while pulling out a small hex screw driver from a compartment in his forearm.
"Betwixt my shoulder blades is a hatch, where you can remove four hex screws with this." He handed Zarya the screw driver.
He trusted simple tasks like this for people like her, until he checked his heart, thats when his precision is needed. He hoped she wasn't so incompetent as to actually disable him during a simple oil and water fill.
"If you could be so kind as to notify me when you are done."

Using a screwdriver was something new to Zarya. The place she grew up was rather barbaric by modern standards. Thankfully, she was used to fine precisions in weapon making, so she was confident that she would do ok--it just might take a little longer.
"Hmm... ok, I think I got it," she mumbled as she studied the screws. The roe's large hands carefully turned the screwdriver until each screw was out of place. "Wow, Wez, you got a lot going on in here! No wonder you talk all fancy like," she chuckled. "Uh... what's next? I see a couple containers that look like they have a little liquid... Do I need to do something with those?" Zarya started sweating a little, looking at all the mechanisms inside of the complex cook.

In the midst of Drake's battle to keep his eyes on Zarya's face, the doors to the tavern opened, revealing a rather small figured man behind them. Drake watched the man as he walked up and sat at the bar next to Zarya "Oh crap, here we go. Another guy that Zarya is going to send to the hospital for trying to hit on her." He thought as he sighed. Whenever Zarya was around, she would get hit on by most of the men in the bar, given her more curvy parts in small clothes; and so far each man has left bloody, beaten or limping away. As Drake prepared to yell at Zarya to not start a fight, much to his surprise, the small man simply ordered a drink. A sigh of relief left Drake's lips as he put down the glass he was cleaning and tossed the towel in his hand over his shoulder.

"The hardest and sharpest we have huh? You must really like you're liquor. Would you like anything added to your drink?" He asked the man as he crouched down behind the bar, scanning over the bottles to find their harshest liquor in stock. "And just so you know, our kitchen just closed, so I do apologize for any inconvenience." After a few moments, Drake had found the bottle he was looking for. A clear liquor in a clear bottle by the name of Spirytus; it is a vodka that is ninety-six percent alcohol, it's stronger than most rubbing alcohols, and Drake's personal favorite drink, as well as the strongest they are legally allowed to sell. "Ah, here we are! One glass of the harshest stuff we got, coming right up!" He said with a smile as he grabbed a glass from one of the racks behind him, sets it on the counter and starts pouring.

Drake looks up at the new customer with a curious face and asks "So, what brings you to this part of the world?" As Drake struck up conversation with the waiting patron, he overhears Wesley trying to instruct Zarya how to fill his oil reserve. In order to save pain and time for all involved, Drake's turns to Zarya "Zarya, the oil cans that Wesley uses are in the last bottom cabinet on the far end of the bar closet to you two." He said as he pointed passed them both to the end of the bar opposite himself. "If you get too nervous Wesley, I can always have Zarya take care of this customer and I'll come help you out. So just let me know." Drake tried his best to not sound as if to belittle Zarya, she was very good at alot of things, but being delicate was not one of them. Drake usually helped Wesley at the end of each night with his oil and such, but tonight he just happened to have a customer walk in before Wesley came out to the bar.

Tin heard the dark-clad man at the bar ask if he wanted anything else added to his drink, but an "Um" was all he managed to come out with. The petite man was too distracted, engrossed in the mechanical marvel that was at his side. He watched as a copper plated top hat was removed and delicate silver hairs were revealed, as the large woman that was utterly ill-equipped for the task went about opening up the machine man and went on to sweat bullets as she herself seemed to realise that this was not her forte.

He sat with his little lips apart, not blinking for a moment as the mechanical inner workings of the man were revealed, his red-brown eyes focused on them and their workings before he finally recovered.

Shaking his head Tin's brown hair waved before he looked up, deftly extended his hand out to the large woman who looked built more for swinging an axe rather than handling a delicate screwdriver. "Can I help?" he piped up, fearlessly, extending a hand that was really too small for a man and perfect for delicate work. He may not have been the type to heft a heavy weapon but delicate work was something he was confident with, a confidence that shone on his girlish features as he smiled calmly at the tall woman, looking her in the eyes rather than her chest. "I don't know where things are here so someone else would need to get the required oil." He added and his smile grew wider, hoping he would be allowed to take part in this process despite having literally just walked through the door. Tin was an artist after all! Likely evident from the three paintbrushes strapped to his waist like they were a gun, and in truth the young man was so excited about the display of mechanical marvel before him that he forgot to take his drink.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: 1 person
"Chiiii~!" Lucifer was stood besides Zyra, looking closely all the complex components the Chef, as he always call him, had inside his arm. His scarlet eyes glistened with wonder and curiosity, surprisingly knowing the name of some of the parts. "This is so awsome... Is like having a cool toy that can cook an do human-ish things", he thought with a bright smile, his eyes twitching a bit and his long black tail swaying behiind him, tugging Zyla's back once in a while. He focussed his sight on everything she was doing like if he was a little child looking at a fantastic Science proyect. He even forgot that he was hungry.

"Indeed yes, I thank you my dear employer, but I have placed good and honest faith in Madame Zarya," The steam spouting man had replied.
He turned his attention to the new male, his dimming eyes scanning over the patron.
"Despite your possible expertise on the situation, I must gracefully decline my good man, pardon my inquisitive attitude, but who exactly are you to offer me such assistance? You may watch, but I have no trust in such to allow you on my person."
Sir Wesley was sincerely miffed that such a man could offer this, he did not know this man, nor had he ever met this man before in his life. The xenophobic software in his Victorian shaped mind had already made him dislike those he did not work with, and a generally un-trusting streak had developed in his century and a half existence.
"Now Madame, it may be confusing but all you really have to do is unscrew the black cap and pour oil inside up to the scarlet line, then screw it back until a click is heard. We can continue after that is done."
He prayed silently in his head to all the gods that he had known humans worshiped, and some that most humans didn't, that he wouldn't need a full chassis cleaning after this had transpired.

A small bead of sweat formed on Zarya's temple when she realized that she had a bit of an audience. She had all but forgotten that the newly arrived Tin was there, and now he was offering her help. Her boss seemed doubtful of her skills as well, since he had offered to help Wesley. She did appreciate his telling her where the oil was, though, so maybe he had some faith in her. Then there was Lucifer. Zarya watched his tail twitch, and she shuddered slightly. This isn't a show, you know... she sighed and shook her head a little as stood to retrieve the oil. It's funny that Wez of all people would trust me with this over some spry young--artist?, she contemplated, with raised eyebrow, as she glanced over her shoulder and caught sight of Tin's brushes. A smirk appeared on her face as she walked back to the small crowd. As she knelt before the Vampiron's cook, she listened carefully to his instructions. Taking a deep breath she remembered the forge... all the lessons she'd had in metallurgy... yes, most of it required brute strength, something everyone at the inn knew she had. No one knew about her past, and there was technique required to create a beautiful, masterful weapon. Something else that most failed to notice about Zarya was her attention to detail. Sure, she came off like a flirtatious, gruff sod, but when she set her mind to something, she immersed herself in it. Every intent of the moment was placed into the handiwork she did--that included the decoration and build of a weapon's hilt. Back in her place of birth, she was favoured for her skill and acute eye.

The rest of the room became grey. Zarya's violet eyes glowed intensely as the lights and mechanisms inside Sir Wesley reflected off of her thoughtful gaze. With decades of dedication in her touch, the roe unfastened the black cap. She watched the oil slowly pool until it reached the crimson gate, then delicately closed the cap.

The click of the cap bounced off the walls of the inn. With an arm propped on one knee, Zarya wiped the grease from her hands and looked up at the cook. "So, what's next, Wez," her eyes gleaming.

Tilly walked in carrying two bags, the one for Lucifer and the one containing her own items. She tilted her head slightly upon seeing the incredibly skillful work being done on the metal cook. In the fog of her mind's eye she could see a scene cast in the light of a forge, a steady hand moving in perfect detail. The neko gave her head a swift shake, finding her patchy memories useless at the moment.

Her steps were silent as she found her way behind Lucifer, who seemed entranced by the whole process of assisting the android, or robot, or... Whatever the metal man wished to be called. She lightly tapped the vampire neko on the shoulder. "Hey, I got your ramen and your sweets." She spoke with a smile as she held of the bag before her for him to take.

As someone tapped Lucifer's shoulder, he yelped, totally startled. "N-Nya!" he shouted, accidentally smacking Sir Wesley inside components, the clinging sound of metal echoing in the bar. Lucifer quickly turned around to face Tilly, not really realzing he hit such an important and sensible area of Wesley. "A-Ah, Tilly-san... It was you..." He chuckled dumbly, a drop of sweat behind his head and a hint blush of embarrassment after startling that badly.

He slwoly looked down at her bags and smiled widely as he snifed the fresh scent of some high quality chicken ramen. His stomatch began to roar like an hungry lion trapped on a hole, screaming for someone to drop some food.

With what seemed to be a show as Zarya helped Wesley with his oil deficiency, Drake finished pouring the newcomer's drink and put the glass down in front of the small bodied man. He then turned to watch as Zarya began to pour the oil into Wesley' shoulder. Drake had done this countless times for his cook, steady-handed as he was; not to mention Wesley was by far the best cook Drake has ever had; and besides, why wouldn't he help out one of his workers?

As Drake watched Zarya, he heard the doors open and turned to see who it was, half expecting another newcomer, but it was only Tilly. As he went to turn back towards Zarya and Wesley, Tilly's surprise towards Lucifer caused him to knock his hand against Wesley fairly hard, a few clanks and clunks were heard from inside of the cook. Drake turned to Lucifer with a look of displeasure on his face "Lucifer! Pay more attention to you're surroundings! You could have severely damaged Wesley!" Drake walked out from behind the bar and up to Wesley and Zarya "Good job Zarya. I can guarantee that everyone here was betting that you would destroy Wesley." Drake now turned his attention to Wesley "Wesley, as I'm sure you have a fairly intricate knowledge of your parts and inner workings, is anything damaged or misplaced? If so, tell me what tools you need and I will have Lucifer get them for you. And as recompense for his actions, he will be responsible for doing the dishes for the next few days." Drake turned to Lucifer "Is that clear?"

Drake then directed his attention to Tilly "You must announce yourself around Lucifer, he can get very jumpy if something has his attention."

Lucifer widen his eyes and quickly turned to face Drake and Wesley. "Wait, did I knocked Wesley's components...!?" Lucifer sweated nervously and quickly looked at Wesley, almost going into a panic state. "I'm really, really sorry, Chef! I really didn't meant to hurt you!" His ears flatten as he looked at the parts of Wesley, his face showing only concern and despair. The poor Neko Vampire didn't knew what to do. "I'm really sorry, Chef... I swear that I will do anything for help and accept my well deserve punishment..."

Of all thins that could have happened, this was not on the list of things that could have gone wrong. The robotic man shuttered, and a low hissing moan of escaping steam pelted the air as he shuttered and clunked.
"Oh..m-m-my.." Wesley had tinned, his voice sounding slightly more static than the norm.
"It-it-it seems m-m-my voice config-fig-figurator may have-ve-ve knocked-d-d loos-s-se." Extremely embarrassed of his now lurching and sputtering vocabulary, he just sighed, a simple fix but most annoying, plus he still needed to make sure his heart and soul were in order.
"I-I-If you would-d-d be so kin-kind as to hand me-e-me the screwdrive-r-r after you close the-the hatch-ch?"
He was ignoring the bumbling fool of a cat man, he dare not voice his malice out loud, for it was not the gentleman's way; he did however turn his head towards the cat man and flash him a steely scowl.
"It i-i-is a mino-o-or problem, not deathly-y-y."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Zarya was so focused on what she was doing that she didn't notice Tilly walk into the room. Suddenly the quiet and calm that had enveloped her as she filled Sir Wesley's oil was disturbed with shrieks and clattering. She shut her eyes and shook her head. And they think I'm clumsy... Well, at least I did one thing right today, she grinned to herself as she carefully screwed the hatch back into place. "All secure, Wez. Did you need anything else from me--besides the screwdriver of course," she said while handing him the tool.

As she stood she gave Lucifer a pat on the shoulder, "That smells delicious! What did you call that, again--ra...ramen? We didn't have that back in..." The roe cut herself short, as to not bring attention to herself or her past. "Say! Those sweet things look pretty good, too. Maybe I should take a trip to that Rite-Aide place once in a while."

She rubbed the back of her head and grinned at Tilly. "Glad to see you back. Sorry about earlier..." she said sheepishly. "If you guys need anything in the morning let me know and I'll have it there."

Tilly easily moved back just outside stiking distance upon seeing Lucifer's large reaction. She visibly flinched upon hearing the sound the metal made upon contact with the vampire neko's hand, her ears pinning back to help tune out the remaining metal din. Drake told her how jumpy the waiter could be after the fact, which annoyed her to no end, considering the fact that she'd just inadvertently injured someone who was going to end up being her coworker. She let out a soft sigh and held out Lucifer's bag for him, impatiently waiting for him to take it.

She really just wanted to eat one of her own candies and lay in bed and sleep. But it seemed that the purple eyes girl was planning on keeping her alert and on her toes. "Don't worry about it. But, don't underestimate me either. Just because I'm a bit on the small side doesn't mean I can't kick ass just as well as you do." She spoke with a casual smirk on her face. Her dark red eyes had a gleam of mischief in them, an almost knowing look as her gaze seemingly pierced into the darker parts of Zarya's soul. Her gaze finally broke away as she fished through her bag for the pouch of Werther's Original Hard Candies. Finding it, she allowed one of her nails to morph into a claw and sliced open the pouch with near surgical precision. She pulled out the candy, untwisted the golden wrapper and popped the candy in her mouth.

Lucifer dropped his jaw as he saw how the poor Wesley began to talk in such an incorrect way. Even when he told him it was alright and that nothing that deadly happened, hearing him like that really didn't ease the poor Lucifer. He quickly took the screwdriver and held it out to Wesley, totally panicked and his hands were trembling a bit. He was way too nervous and worried for what he done. He didn't blame Tilly, though. She didn't had the fault that he was such a scardy cat that got startled by simply things like a pat on his shoulder.

"I'm really sorry, Chef..." he said once again, flattening his ears and trying really hard to not ran away and cry on his room.

Yuki who had disappeared from the inn without anyone's notice was now racing back through the streets, keeping too the shadows as she made her way back to her new workplace, he really did hope that no one noticed that she had slipped out for a moment The people who had hired her really had picked the worst time and spot for a meeting, she had already told them that she had everything handled.
Getting to the front door Yuki slowly pushed it open and slinked into the inn, straightening her uniform as she watched the scene before her, it seemed that a lot happened in her brief moment away.
Yuki moved over to the counter and sat down at the bar stool, catching her breath and calming herself after her run, while watching as Lucifer tried to fix the robot, who seemed to have been knocked about. Yuki then started to look around for Drake, plotting new ways to get him out of the picture so that she could make the people she just meet happy, and then she could get her money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.