Vampiron Ale & Inn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucifer wide his eyes and his jaw dropped as the monster that was behind Yuki was none other than Drake, his boss. Apparenly, he just wanted to prank them and everything resulted in the biggest scare of their lives. He really didn't saw that coming, he thought Drake was an all serious man that didn't had time for things like this. He then realized he was definitely someone that couldn't be subestimated.

"Well, shit..." he thought, slowly looking down at the floor and hearing the great scold of Drake. Nothing of this would've happened if he haven't gave the knives to Yuki, knowing how dangerous those things were on her hands. He pouted and crossed his arms, looking away as his tail swayed behind him, but his ears perked up and listening to Drake with attention.

When he finished and go to the back of the bar, Lucifer glared at Yuki with a frowned. "You... This is you fault, baka...!" He growled at her, his tail whiping behind him. His ears perked up as Drake told him he would kill him if he ever dared to pull a knife at him. He narrowed his eyes and turned around to face the back of the bar. "But, how the hell I would had defend her if I didn't used that..." he said with a whisper, not really wanting Drake to heard that. He growled again and quickly messed his hair in fustration, not really believing that he really prank on him that smoothly.

Yuki pointed back at Lucifer and opened her mouth to call him a kitty-cat again, though quickly Drake interrupted her, she would tease Lucifer about his true identity later she decided. Yuki lowered her head and put her hands behind her back like some child as Drake scolded her about her reckless behaviour, kicking at the ground with nothing to retort back with, that didn't happen often but Yuki wouldn't be upset for too long.
"Yes Boss, sorry Boss, It won't happen again I promise" wasn't the first time she used those words, won't be the last. Yet again fixing up her outfit like demanded Yuki pranced over to the table to wait for Tilly and Leone, already perking up again with her usual goofy expression coming back, replacing her shameful look.

Waiting by the table as Tilly entered the main area of the tavern, Yuki watched her intently, waiting for the Neko woman to come and sit down and make her order. She stared to bounce of her toes already feeling restless with just standing there waiting, her attention wandering around the tavern to look for something else to do.
Her eyes landing on Lucifer a grin quickly spread over her lips mouthing the words 'Kitty-Cat' at him, she didn't care if he noticed or not, she was simply planning ways to get him all flustered and embarrassed for something entertaining to do, he was so easy to get all worked up and she liked to make a game out of it. Now Yuki just had to wait until she was released from waiting at the table, now swaying to an unheard tune as she tried to quell her boredom.

Reactions: Stray Shinku
Lucifer perked up his hears and glared at Yuki. He heard her calling her kitty-cat for the 3rd time now. He growled and throw his towel at her head. "Nya...! Just quit it, baka! You're lucky I still considering you my friend! I would beat the crap out of you if it wasn't for that the first time you called me like that!" He growled, fustrated and embarrassed for her to call him like that in front of some clients. He was blushing faintly and picked another towel, looking away. "If you're bore, just find something else to entertain yourself, dammit..."

He clicked his tongue, wipping the counter with a slight frown, his ears twitching a bit. Those ears and tail won't go until a couple of more minutes, so there really was nothing he could do with them for now.

"Freak show? Ohh, your words hurt me Tilly, I was going for at least horrific." Drake replied sarcastically to Tilly as he took his jacket from her, dusting it off before putting back on, still only zipping it up halfway. He then returned his gaze to Tilly and smirked "Ohh, if this was one of those bars, I would have called you a long time ago." He said with a playful sneer, returning Tilly's shot at him right back to her. Drake didn't even have time to laugh at his own joke, Zarya, who was now starting to feel her beer, began calling out for a refill. Not that this was any surprise, most of Drake's workers liked to frequent the bar on their days off and get as drunk as they can. Unlike most bar owners though, Drake doesn't mind this, He believes its good to let the kids have their fun.

As Zarya continued to hollar for a refill on her beer, Drake couldn't help but laugh a little to himself "Yes yes Zarya, one refill headed your way." He walked over to where Zarya was sitting and took her glass from her, putting it in the sink immediately below the bar infront of him, he turned around to grab a clean glass and returned his gaze to Zarya as he began to fill her glass "Now Zarya, remember what I always tell you about getting drunk, I don't care if you drink yourself silly, naked, angry or anything else. But, if I see you try to fight the customers again, I'm cutting you off for at least a week." Drake said with hint of teasing in his voice, he was serious about cutting Zarya off, but everytime she gets drunk, she eithers passes out at her bar stool, or she gets sloppy, trying to fight customers, getting loud..well louder than normal..she gets flirty sometimes as well, but the male customers usually don't mind that, its the females that get upset when their husbands, boyfriends, or partners are googly eyed over a drunk, big boobed girl in pirates' dress, which in Zarya's case, isn't exactly very 'covering'.

Once he was done filling Zarya's cup, he placed it on the bar infront of her and with the smile of a bartender he said "Drink up". He then brought his attention back to Lucifer and his small rebuttal about the knife. "You could have asked Zarya for help, you could have distracted me from the front while Zarya came up from the back for a sneak attack, teamwork is almost always the best way to go about in a fight, the only time teamwork does not work, is if you have no team. All of you guys need to learn that. because if one day something does happen where some of us get hurt or captured, we are relying on the rest of you to help us." Satisfied with his small speech, Drake turned to face the kitchen window where they put up orders for their cook to fill. "Hey Wesley, is the kitchen up and ready to cook? Or do you still need a few minutes?"

Hearing Lucifer's sudden outburst at Yuki, Drake let out a small sigh just before a slight chuckle "Some things just will never change huh?" He thought to himself with a chuckle, Drake then turned to face Yuki "Yuki! No harassing Lucifer when you are waiting on a table, only on your free time, I've told you this hundreds of times."

Reactions: Luchi
Tilly rolled her eyes as Drake took to banter. She could play this game as well. "It takes a bit more than a bad hair day to phase me." She spoke as she stood from the stool. A curious look appeared on her face upon hearing Drake's statement about what he would have done if this were one of those kinds of bars. "That sounds all fine and dandy, but who would be getting paid for their services? You or me?" The neko wore a playful smirk on her face as she glanced over her shoulder at the vampire.

She sauntered her way over to the table that had been set for her and took a seat. Looking through the menu, Tilly found that her appetite still wasn't back to normal just yet. It would take some time for her to get back into her rhythm. While she wanted to get the New York sirloin steak, she knew she wouldn't be able to finish it. She looked through the menu once again, settling on a bowl of lobster bisque. Then she thought about what she'd want to drink. Seeing as Leone wasn't around, she didn't feel nearly as bad for thinking about a shot of Fireball or maybe a martini. How long has it been since I've had a good martini anyways? Not since Lizzie's engagement party, at least... Her tail absentmindedly curled around her ankle as she waited for Yuki to take her order.

Zarya smirked and thought to herself, It's funny that he thinks that's the worst of me. What Drake didn't know was that Zarya was very protective, and that she had sensed trouble coming from those customers before it had started. Sometimes I wish other people saw what I saw in people, but then again, not everyone needs to be surrounded by trouble, she thought as she started slurping down her fresh glass of beer. I'd rather take care of it beforehand, so no one else has to deal with it... she slammed her glass down, and wiped her brow. "Heh, I guess it can get the best of me, boss," she chuckled nervously, hoping Drake would look past her sometimes-hasty attitude. Deep down, she knew that they would indeed need to work together, if they were to be better at defending themselves.

Tilly's comment to Drake sent Zarya into a roar of laughter, but she went back to sipping her beer, before she did anything else to make the situation more awkward. "You know, I think I should go take a breather for a while. If you guys need anything, I'll be outside," she said, as she rose from her seat. "I'll try not to scare anyone off, boss," she winked at Drake. Zarya's tall figure walked steadily towards the front door, as she made her way outside. Once she was at the side of the tavern, Zarya slumped down and rested her head against the wall. With her right arm propped upon her bent knee, she stared up at the sky. Suddenly, she was engulfed with memories of her past. The strong roegayden's face melted with turmoil, but she shook her head, I can't been seen like this... I can't be weak. Zarya took a deep breath and looked up at the sky again, praying to the stars that history would never repeat itself.

"Hey Wesley, is the kitchen up and ready to cook? Or do you still need a few minutes?"
The sounds of whirring and hissing became apparent as a voice echoed from the kitchen, sounding as if it was spoken through an old dusty intercom.
"Why yes sir, I am fully operational!" Wesley answered in a cheerful british tone, leaning his brightly polished bronze face through the window to gather the orders. His luminescent lightbulb eyes scanned the orders. He was sure enough that these orders would be easy, after all his hardwiring was written with thousands of recipes both normal and macabre. He immediately began lighting and warming pans and pots in preparation for the choicest of cuisine.

Yuki quickly shut up and stood to attention when Drake called her out yet again, standing to attention and waiting to Tilly to place her order "Sir yes sir!" She said a little louder than she needed. Noticing that Tilly was already looking over the menu Yuki quickly got out a pen and note pad from her uniforms pocket, jotting what the Neko ordered, if you could even call her handwriting, real writing.
"Order has been taken, now to take this to the robot man in the kitchen" She smiled "Your food will be here shortly, I think" She told Tilly before skipping off behind the counter, where she placed the docket up in the window.
"Hey mister Robot, new order for you~" She called into the kitchen, peering in to try and see what Wesley was up to, finding the artificial man rather fascinating.

She then turned to face the bar counter and crossed her arms over on it, leaning against the counter as she waited for the order to be cooked up so that she could take it to Tilly, she would make the drinks but considering the incident that happened last time, it was decided to leave the drinks to Lucifer. She quickly grew bored in the quiet evening before the rush of customers finished work and came to drink at their bar.

Lucifer smirked widely as someone finally ordered a drink, meaning that he finally have some work to do. "A glass of martini coming up!" he said out loud as he quickly turned around and picked up his tools. When talking about drinks, especially those one with alcohol, Lucifer was an expert bartender, for not say the best. Because it was for Tilly, aparenly an important guest for Drake, Lucifer used the best ingridients for make up the martini. He shook them well on his drink mixer, took out a glass and pour the liquid on it.

"And for the finale", he said with a chuckle as he picked a big olive with a toothpick and put it on the drink. He stood there for look at his work and nodded with satisfaction. "Yu-chan, the martini's ready!"

The steam automated gentleman tipped a copper plated top hat towards the waitress lady.
"I thank you miss, this will be out in before a shanty!" Wesley declared, his intricately metallic hands already sautéing shallots onions and garlic. Next he deglazed the pan with the white wine, adding worcestershire, tabasco, and thyme. After he deglazed the pan, once more this time, with sherry. The paprika, hot water and lobster base came next, which he was proud to say combined well with the rest of the dish so far.
The aroma of this dish wafted throughout the building. Another thing wafted though the Inn and Ale, the sound of Wesley humming to himself a jolly tune, Chopin Waltz in C sharp minor as he recalled, oh how the memories came flooding back through his circuits of the days of yore, the young inventors daughter, Pricilla, no older than eleven years of age during her elegant piano recitals. His memory banks were taking everything in like a fish to the ocean back then.
His hands worked with an absent minded precision as he stirred in the tomato paste and added the bay leaves. Before allowing the whole pot to simmer for no more than ten minutes.

"The order shall be ready in no more than eighteen minutes, if it would please you," Wesley notified out the window to none in particular really, His luminescent eyes simply stared out, his mind still half caught in the past.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: 1 person
"Ooo, snippy." Drake said with a chuckle. "Well in a perfect world, both of us would get paid. But I'd be more than happy to watch you do a dirty dance Tilly." He said with a playfully cynical smirk. The last time he even tried talking to Tilly before today she threatened him without a second thought, so to find himself making dirty banter with her was something he found to be rather funny. As Tilly trotted off to her table, Drake turned his attention towards Zarya.

"You know, I wish I could say I personally understand, but as a vampire. I haven't been able to get drunk in almost five hundred years, not since I was a hu.." Drake cut himself off quickly, he had forgotten that he hasn't told any of his employees that he was a turned vampire, not a pure blood. He was sure none of them would really care, although with the way things are going between him and Tilly, he knew he wasn't going to hear the end of it for a little while at the least. Although jokes from his friends wouldn't bother him, it's only when pure breeds try to talk down to him is there a problem. But he had to divert attention away from his previous sentence or else endure a hundred questions about his past from everybody. "So, anyway.." He said going back to Zarya "I don't really know what it's like to be drunk, but I've seen enough to know that I does take over people sometimes. So I'm not going to rip your head off just yet, but just try to not start the fights with the customers."

Maybe a couple of seconds after Zarya walked outside, Wesley's iron-y british voice rang throughout the bar from the kitchen confirming his readiness to cook. Drake turned to face the kitchen window to see Wesley's shiny head peeking through the window. "Alrighty, thanks Wesley!" He said with a slight smile. Although Drake didn't really regularly have conversations with Wesley since he was usually in the back, Wesley was always peppy; especially for a robot; so it always put a small smile on Drake's face to hear the British bot's voice ring out from the window.

After hearing that the kitchen was up and ready, Drake shifted his gaze towards Yuki, who was actually taking Tilly's order. "Wow, Yuki isn't goofing around, maybe she just doesn't want to get yelled at for a little while? Eh, the yelling usually is only a temporary fix. Maybe she was just happy to have something to do? Ehhhh...she probably just needed to focus on taking the order so she didn't think about goofing off...I don't know, I'm just glad I haven't gotten a knife hurled my way yet today." Drake thought as he looked at Yuki. "I should probably tell her good job, but I don't want her to get bubble headed with excitement just yet, maybe I'll wait until after she brings out Tilly's order. Now I just gotta find something to distract her with to make sure she doesn't wander off." Drake pondered for a moment before remembering that Zarya went outside "Yuki, can you do me a favor and go outside to check on Zarya? Make sure she is alright, and if your order comes out I can always bring it to the table myself and have you take care of Tilly from there."

As Tilly ordered her drink, Drake laughed a little bit as Lucifer's excited voice rang throughout the bar. Drink mixing and bartender were two things Lucifer was very good at. Which actually came as a surprise to Drake, since Lucifer was originally hired on as a waiter. Drake turned to face Lucifer, who was already shaking up the martini in a mixer. He watched for a moment as Lucifer finished making the martini and began looking at it on the bar, Drake chuckled and said to Lucifer "That looks like a very good martini you made there Lucifer, but now you should bring it to the customer instead of staring at it on the bar counter."

Lucifer perked up his ears as he heard Drake's voice. He quickly stood straight and saluted him with a nervous smile, sweating a bit. "Y-Yes, boss! I'll do it now, sir!" He carefully took the martini and get out of the bar. A drop of sweat appeared behind his head as he chuckled a bit, remembering how he sometimes drifts away in deep thoughts when he finishes a great work.

As he walked towards Tilly, he stood besides the table and genly place a small squared napkin and put the martini glass on top of it. "There you go, miss. I hope you like and if you need anything else, please, don't hesitate to call me or Yuki". He smiled widely at her and bowed a bit at her.

While the tavern bustled with cooking, mixing, and music, Zarya was still gazing off into the sky. She let out a heavy sigh, and took a deep breath before considering what to do next. You know, Drake is right. There's no sense starting anything with the customers and guests... Maybe, one day, I'll get my timing right, she shook her head in disappointment. I've never been good at figuring out the best times to do things, but then again... that's why I'm here.

Zarya grunted a little as she pulled herself up off the ground. She was starting to feel a bit dizzy from the beer. After all, she had not ate anything since breakfast. She stretched her long, taught arms, "Guess it's time to get a snack, and get my mind out of this funk!" Zarya slowly made her way back towards the door, so she could distract herself with the comradery and clumsiness of the people inside. She glanced up and smiled at the stars one last time, before she heard a noise at the entrance to the tavern. It sounded like someone was making their way towards her. A wrinkle crept between her brow as she grimaced, Ah, I hope the boss didn't send someone out here. Doesn't he know I can take care of myself? The last thing I want is people worrying about me.

The pot was done simmering, finally. He whisked in the heavy cream, a delightful brand from a local, jolly, red faced grocer. Although 'local' is a subject word in this particular building. At the cusp of Chopins Waltz, which he was now vocalizing somewhat robustly with many an embarrassing "do's" and "da's", Wesley added the melted butter from that same grocer, and brought the entire bowl to a boil, to which he added the savory lobster.
"And the skill to do, most certainly comes from doing," The automaton had quoted as the bowl was set, the garnish added, and the crusted garlic bread was set upon the dish as well.
"The order of Lobster Bisque is ready. Miss Yuki," The robot had announced proudly as he placed the order into the window.
"For the Madame Tilly."
The Gentleman began to clean his instruments of whatever grime and unwanted debris that had plagued them.

With Chopin on his mind, Sir wesley began reciting Nocturne number two from his memory, once again falling back to the young Pricilla.

Tilly lightly brushed off Drake's comment about her doing a little dance. The conversation was deemed over in her eyes, mainly because she found that her original tactic to fluster the vampire hadn't really played out as expected. At least she had time to kill while she constructed her second plan. However, her ear flicked a bit towards Drake as he began talking about how he hadn't been able to get drunk in five hundred years. Her eyes narrowed slightly in thought for a second, before her attention slipped off to more important matters.

She quietly observed the dynamics of the workers, trying to imagine how she would fit in working with them. She snapped out of her little thought bubble when her martini arrived. "Thank you very much, Lucifer." She spoke with a smile. She picked up the olive and easily removed the pimento sliver from the center of the little green thing. Popping the pepper into her mouth, followed by the olive and a sip of her martini, she felt herself relax a bit. Whatever the future held, she'd deal with it. Just the same as she always did.

With that finishing thought, the chef- who intrigued her more than anyone else did- announced that her soup was ready. It smelled amazing, her feline senses torturing her as she awaited her food.

"I got it!" Yuki called out as she took the bowl of soup from the kitchen window, holding it in one hand and almost running or skipping back over to Tilly, despite this however and even though she almost tripped, none of the soup spilled from the bowl and was still perfect when she delivered it "Here you are! Nice and hot" She beamed down to the Neko.
The spritely girl then turned to Drake as he told her to go check up on Zarya, with over exaggerated movements, like she always did and nodded franticly "Yes I will go check on her, I'm sure she is fine, Zarry is always fine but I will still go and check"

Skipping over to the door she reached for the handle, and then shoved it open with enough force to send almost anyone spinning to the ground, stepping outside and looking around for Zarya.
"Hey are you out here? The boss told me to get you" Yuki called out, as her green eyes darted around looking for the larger woman.

Lucifer watched Yuki going outside for check on Zyra. He blinked a couple of times with a kinda concerned expression, since she was also part of the working group, and so, a friend of him even when they haven't talked or hangout that closely. "Hey, Dra... I mean, Boss", he blushed faintly after realizing he almost called by Draco by his name in front of a custumer. He sighed a bit and looked at him. "Did something wrong with Zyra-chan?" His ears twitched as he crossed his arms, awaiting for an answer, that's if Draco wanted to tell him, of course.

As Drake watched his workers hustle and bustle around the room, he let out a quiet sigh of relief. "They may not be the best workers around, and their teamwork could definitely use some help. Might as well not lie to myself, they are a pretty damn dysfunctional group. But they make it work, and I wouldn't trade 'em for the world." Drake quickly snapped out of his thought upon hearing Lucifer's voice directed towards him, questioning Zayra's absence. "I'm sure she is fine Lucifer, but I sent Yuki to check on her just to make sure." He said as he grabbed a towel from under the bar and started cleaning glasses and mugs. "Lucifer, while Yuki checks on Zayra, can you take care of Tilly if she needs anything until Yuki gets back?" Drake asked as he looked at the large clock above the doors.

"10:45. time to start closing up the kitchen." Drake turned to face the window to the kitchen and called out to Wesley "Hey Wesley! It's fifteen minutes to eleven, you can start cleaning up the kitchen to shut it down for the night. And you know of course you're welcome to cook anything for yourself if you'd like. Once Yuki comes back I'll send Lucifer over to you to help out with anything you may need. And if you need another quart of oil or polish, just let me know and I'll send it up to you."

Thankfully, Zarya had quickly sidestepped when Yuki came bursting through the doors. The roe had a keen sense of her surroundings. Furthermore, the energetic Yuki probably could have been heard from a mile away. Zarya cringed a little when she heard the nickname that Yuki had given her, Zarry, again, huh? At least she knows I can take care of myself. It's cute that she seems truly concerned... I can't let on that I kinda like the nickname, though. They might get the wrong idea about me.

Zarya peered around the door at the redhead. "So I heard," she said in a low, serious voice. The smirk on her face enhanced the confident attitude she had about herself. "I just needed some fresh air. Plus, look at that sky!" she said, before quickly diverting the subject to something less beautiful. "I'm feeling rather peckish, though. I suppose the boss is going to have Wez start cleaning up, though, eh?" The roe's stomach certainly was in knots, yet she had a strong tolerance for ale. She pat her firm belly and laughed, "You'd think I hadn't ate for days, with the way it's yellin' at me." Regardless of the real reason for why Zarya was feeling out of it, she continued deceiving herself, and blaming her appetite. "Come on," she smacked Yuki's shoulder, knocking her petite figure slightly off balance. "Let's get back inside. I'm gonna see if I can scrounge up a snack in the kitchen before I get in the way of Sir Wesley."

As Zarya's tall figure made her way back into the tavern, she held the door open for Yuki. As gritty as she could appear, manners were not beyond her. As the smells of Tilly's dinner wafted through the air, Zarya's eyes lit up like fire. She sauntered back to the bar and gave Drake a devilish smile. Slowly, she sat at the counter and plopped an elbow on the wooden surface. Her long, dark slightly-disheveled hair fell across her shoulders, and embraced her devious expression. While Zarya's chin was resting on one hand, her bosom was resting on her other arm. Subconsciously, she knew that her boss would probably get an ample view of her cleavage as she squeezed them forward, but she had other things on her mind. "Need any help back there, boss?" she practically smirked. "If not, I have a very large appetite right now. Do you mind if I come back there and take care of it?" she winked, as mellow voice dripped with anticipation.

Lucifer nodded as Drake told him that Zyra would be alright, feeling a bit relxed. "Alright then". He smiled a bit and walked towards Tilly for check if she needs something else, maybe another glass of martini or her dishes to be removed. As he stood besides her table, he looked down at Tilly with a smile. "Do you need anything, Tilly-san? Maybe another glass of martini or a dessert?"

As the door burst open when Zyra and Yuki came inside, Lucifer's ears perked up and he slowly looked at them. After seeing that both of them were more than right, he smiled brightly, feeling more relieved. "I better not let Yuki know that I was actually concerned about her and Zyra. She will really pick on me and tease me for been such a sentimental man..." he thought with a drop of sweat besides his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.