Vampiron Ale & Inn

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I wasn't talking about replacing them or anything. It just looks like they need someone to show them the ropes." Tilly quickly explained herself to Drake after he finished with his little speech about his employees. They both followed after him. "As for job hunting and town hopping... Well..." Her voice was a bit quieter as she began to answer his question, though she glanced down a bit, not really finding the right words for it.

"The towns closer to us already had ordinances in place that prevented them from hiring us. And other potential employers thought I was a demon and refused to hire me. I don't exactly know why, considering that daemons and demons are entirely different creatures, but whatever." Leone explained simply, slightly annoyed by it all. "Tilly has it pretty easy. She just puts a hat on and curls her tail up under her jacket and she pretty much looks human for all intents and purposes. Me, not so much." He allowed his good wing to stretch out slightly in order to make a point. "The world's changed a lot since the last time we actually had to look for jobs."

Yuki stood at attention by her set table, not moving until Drake gave her the say so, she beamed at him as he gave her new instructions and nodded her head vigorously "Got it boss, Go pester Lucy until the guest return" She repeated, giving him a salute before skipping off.
Making her way over to Lucifer, Yuki sat down at the bar stools and watched as he cleaned some of the glasses, she never seemed to think about helping out with this sort of stuff, not unless she was asked too.

"I haven't broken any plates since last week though" She protested slightly "I only broke three glasses and a bottle of booze yesterday, and got one knife stuck into the wall by the bosses head" She smiled "I think I'm getting better at this" the red head giggled, swinging her feet since they couldn't properly touch the ground.
"Hey Lucy, ya think there will be any fights tonight? I missed the last one" She pouted a little, despite her size she could handle herself in fight, and enjoyed it more than she really should, Yuki always found some way to get herself involved in pub brawls instead of trying to stop them.

Lucifer laughed as Yuki told him the many things she broke just yesturday. The knife stuck above Drake's head was a really epic moment. It was the first time, and maybe the last one, that Draco showed a really surprised face. But more funny was when he grabbed a broom stick and chase her, yelling at her.

He laughed again, shooking his head as he placed the glass in the stand of clean glasses. "A don't know, Yuki-chan", he replied, letting her call him Lucy. He was already used to it and it's not that he could make her stop calling him like that. "But chances that another brawl breaks in are pretty high". He turned around to face her with a smirk, drying another glass. "Unexpected things are always happening here, you know". He chuckled, his canines visible.

"Job hunting?.." Drake thought for a moment "..well I know for a fact you both know the ins and outs of how to work and take care of a bar and inn. Do you two want to work here? You two are more than welcome to live in the rooms I'm bringing you to, and since you'd be working here, instead of paying fees for weeks at a time, I'll put you guys on regular payroll, and I'll charge you say, 2000 a year. How's that sound?" Drake pointed his chin at the end of the wall that they were walking along "The staircase is right there, this is a two story building so its only one flight of stairs. So you guys don't have to endure much longer"

Just before he began to walk up the stairs, Drake stopped and stepped to the side a little bit. "Tilly,at the top of the stairs there is going to be two doors, the first one will be on your left and then there will be one straight ahead about a hundred feet after, would you mind opening the door that's straight ahead for me? My hands are kind of full at the moment" he said with a small smile, amused at his own words "Once we get through that door into the hallway, the first two doors on your left and right will be your rooms. Room 1 on the left is Tilly, Room 2 on the right is Leone."

While everyone bustled about waiting on the new guests, Zarya sat quietly in the corner. As she sipped her beer, a half-smile grew over her face as she thought about the comments that Drake had made about his employees. Today was her day off, but the tall roegadyn had a hard time staying away from inn. Heh, and to think that I thought Drake was all tough when I first came here, she thought to herself.

When Zarya first stepped into the inn, two weeks ago, she had been on a long trek of her own. It had been just a convenient stop in the middle of the night, and it was a stark contrast to the open sea that she had been accustomed to for so long. Yet, there was something about the place drew her in--maybe it was the locals, or maybe it was the workers--hell, maybe it was the beer! Whatever it was, Zarya decided to stay a few more nights, instead of continuing her journey. Knowing that she was not always a people person, she had asked the owner if she could "stick around" and help clean things up around the inn. What would my fellow roes think of me now, if they saw me in this maid uniform, she thought as her hearty laughter bounced off the walls. Hell, I get free laughs and good beer. What more could I ask for?

Zarya's tall frame rose from her seat, as she carried her empty glass to the bar. She sat on a stool while she waited for Drake to return, so she could get a refill of the strong ale. "Hey, Lucifer! Did you dodge any knives back there, or is Yuki getting better at juggling?" she boomed to her coworkers.

Tilly blinked slightly upon hearing Drake's offer. She was in shocked silence for a very long moment, before she finally found her words. "If I wasn't soaking wet and if you didn't have your hands full, I'd probably hug you right now." She spoke in a softer voice, an honest smile on her face that lit up her dark red eyes. She glanced back to see an amused smile on Leone's face, and a bit of color worked its way into her cheeks. Casually flipping him off as they went up the stairs, she didn't start an argument with the daemon only due to the fact that Drake asked her to go open the door. She went ahead of them to go get the door.

"Thanks. This really means a lot to us." Leone spoke in a quieter voice once it was just him and the vampire on the steps. He felt utterly exhausted when they got to the top of the stairs. Almost there, almost there... He kept thinking that in hopes of ignoring the pain in his wing. He'd have to go out and get another bottle of Excedrin tomorrow, considering that he ran out of it yesterday. That was the only medicine that made his wing bearable.

Yuki grinned to Lucifer nodding in agreement, she never had so much fun since working here, and it's only been a couple of weeks since she first signed up "That last fight was I got into was amazing!, I beat up one guy who was so much bigger than me" She giggled "But everyone is bigger than me" it was mostly true.
The red head then glanced around the tavern making sure that the boss hadn't come back yet, then started to change her outfit around a little, putting it back to how it was before Drake told her to fix it up, she found the uniforms so uncomfortable. Though once her work here was done she could return to wearing her normal clothing, so she didn't complain.

At the sound of a booming voice, Yuki looked up to see the new Maid approaching, grinning she waved at her, catching on quickly to Zarya's joke about her Juggling
knives."Juggling? Oh that would be fun! I should learn to juggle!!" a light bulb could almost be seen above her head, as that not so bright idea came to mind thanks to Zarya, it would make a perfect excuse as well if anything, were to...happen, Yuki glanced over to the staircase now wondering when Drake he would return, . "you have the best ideas Zarry, " she smiled to the tall woman. Zarry was the nickname she had decided to give to Zarya, much the same way she did to Lucifer, "lucy hand me some knives! I'm going to try and juggle them!" Yuki then demanded the vampire, eyes staring right into his eyes, begging for those knives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucifer laughed at he coment from Zarya, but as he heard Yuki requesting him some knives, his laugh stopped. He quickly glared at her with a nervous chuckled, a big drop of sweat on his forehead. "Oh, I see the shit got real here..." he said and looked at the stairs for see if Drake was coming up. He didn't want to get into some trouble with im, but he really was curious if Yuki could could juggle some knives.

He sighed and shook his head, placing the glass he dried on a stand with the others. "The curiosity killed the cat, huh...?" he mumbled, looking at some knives he had besides the sink. He clicked his tongue. "Fuck it..." He picked four knifes and turned around to face Yuki, looking at her from head to toes after she changed into the seductive uniform Drake told her to fix.

He laughed a bit as he hand he rthe knives. "If Drake sees you like this agin, you better be ready to hear another great scold".
@Lexzah @Luchi

"Hm your probably right" Yuki pouted as she glanced down to her uniform again, she then did just one button up, so that it was more subtle than in your face " All better!" The girl said with a goofy grin "dose it look better?Now the Boss will never be able to tell!"

Yuki then picked up the knives that Lucifer got out for her, a look of concentration crossing her face, inspecting each of the knives closely. The spritely girl then got to her feet and moved back a few paces, first tossing up one knife at a time to test their balance, and eventually adding the rest, soon she was skilfully Juggling all four of them. She really could juggle knives.
Yuki's gaze kept flickering over to the staircase, once Drake returned, one 'accidental' slip of her hand would be all it would take.

"dose this look cool or what?! Maybe we should put on a stage show?" she said as she pulled some dangerous looking trick with the knives. "When the Boss comes back we have to ask him!"

Last edited by a moderator:
This is gonna be good, Zarya chuckled to herself. The knife-juggling comment was just a joke, but she probably should have known better than to mention something so "fun" around Yuki. I sure hope Drake doesn't catch Yuki in the act, though. I can only imagine his reaction.

"That is quite impressive, Yuki, but I wouldn't tempt fate. I'm pretty sure Drake would have your hide for being so daring..." she smirked, thinking about how he had reacted to the redhead's uniform, alone. "Say, Lucifer, maybe we should try to talk the boss into letting Yuki host a stage show once a week," she roared with laughter. "Of course, it would probably be better if she used something safer..."

Zarya could feel a bead of sweat forming on her brow just thinking about the implications of an "accident" caused by Yuki's clumsiness, if a guest was involved. I can see it now... flying knives everywhere, and she would probably include other things, like flaming arrows, no doubt. The roe rubbed her brow as she envisioned a speedy knive whizzing through a guest's hair, and a flaming arrow setting another guest's drink on fire.

Reactions: Stray Shinku
Lucifer facepalmed after the only thing she changed on her uniform was placing a button. More sadly and funny was that Yuki really believed that would be enough to make Drake agree with it. After she began tossing the knifes, he looked at her and widen his eyes wit awe, his mouth opening a bit. He was quite surprised to see how skilled she was with them, but his heart was also racing with fear after seeing the dangerous trick she was doing.

"H-Hey, Yu, careful, please", he said, fiinally giving her a nickname. "I really won't like to see one of your pretty hands been cut or hurt by those things..." He began to sweat nervously, looking at the stairs to see if Drake was going down.

Yuki smirked when she heard her two co-workers worry over her safety, pulling another dangerous trick to tease Lucifer, she didn't feel like she was in any danger "What are you talking about? I won't hurt myself, just watch this!" Yuki then threw up one blade higher than the rest, and as it hurtled back down towards her, she caught the handle of it in her mouth. Yuki caught the rest of the blades so that she could then remove the one from between her teeth, facing the others with a wide grin. "How was that?" she then returned to pulling little tricks with the knives, not really juggling them any more, Yuki wanted to see what othe tricks she could pull off with all four of them. "I'm sure the boss will be fine with it, as long as I don't kill someone" she never mentioned anything about not hurting anyone though.

After a minute playing with the dangerous tools, she placed down two of the knives but started playing with the two she was left holding, pulling more simple tricks without paying much attention "I won't be hurt by knives, I like knives! They are so fun" She giggle "I still like the sound of a stage show, when will the Boss return I really wanna ask him about this" She turned back to the staircase checking to see if Drake was returning yet.

As Tilly walked up the stairs, Drake found himself looking under her dress as it raised a little bit from her tail bouncing as she walked up the stairs, he averted his eyes quickly once he realized what he was doing. Drake was most certainly a pervert, but it he tried to keep it contained while he was on the job. After they walked through the door Tilly was holding open, Drake walked up to a small cart that was stationed against the wall on the left side of them and placed down the pillows, blankets and occupied signs ontop of it. He turned to face Leone and Tilly and reached into his back pocket and pulled out the two room keys. "Alrighty, the room keys are labeled so you guys don't have to worry about getting them mixed up.." Drake extended out both his arms, one towards each of his two soon to be new workers. "Tilly, you're Room 1 and Leone is Room 2. If you need anything, just come down and ask one of the workers or myself if I'm not preoccupied, and we will get you whatever you need. If you ever need me specifically for something, if I'm not downstairs in the bar, go all the way to the end of this hallway, knock on the door of Room 13, but you must never come straight in without knocking, are we clear?"

As the two took their room keys, a horrendous thought popped into Drake's head "Did I really just leave Lucifer, Yuki and Zarya unsupervised downstiars?! FUCK" Drake turned to run, but just before he started to, another thought came to his mind. "Wait a minute, I can catch them without them knowing, they like to bust my balls all the time, let's give it back to em" Drake turned to face Tilly and Leone and with a mischievous tone in his voice asked them "Please excuse what you're about to see, I need to mortally traumatize my workers" Drake then, without warning, unzipped his leather jacket and dropped it to the ground, revealing a sheathed straight bladed sword strapped to his back. He then hunched over and began to transform into his first, and most horrifying stage. As his hair began to grow longer, his fingernails elongated out into claws and all of his teeth grew out into fangs. After a few moments, his hair stopped at just a little past his chest and he whipped his head up to reveal a wide, unsettlingly cynical grin which was complimented by his eyes now a shimmering blood red color.

Drake looked up at Tilly and Leone, and in a deep, raspy voice that came out almost as a growl "If you hear a scream or two, don't worry, I'm not killing them." He then turned to face the doorway they had come through a few minutes ago and sniffed the air a few times, trying to pinpoint where all of his workers were downstairs. After a moment or two of sniffing the air, in a low growl he said to himself "I found you" and tapping into his speed to its fullest extent, he disappeared from view of Tilly and Leone and almost immediately appeared directly behind Yuki, who he had come to find was tossing around two knives. He took his left hand and reached over Yuki's left shoulder, pressing the claw of his index finger against the base of her neck. He then hunched over Yuki's right shoulder so that his mouth was maybe a centimeter way from her ear and with a growl he whispered "I thought I told you that you are no to play with knives inside the bar anymore Yuki, is this you choosing to ignore my rule?"

Last edited:
Come on Yuki, stop..." said Lucifer as he saw her doing more tricks with the knives. He almost had a heart attack when she catched the knife she threw with her teeth. He was now regretting gaving her the knives and Draco would probably scold him as well if he found out he was the one that gave her the knives, knowing all the shit that happens when Yuki have them. "You may not kill someone, but you can hurt them. Did you forgot when you accidentally tossed a knife towards the Boss?!" He clicked his tongue with a slight frown, walking towards her and about to take away the knves from her.

Just when he was about to do that, he widen his eyes after suddenly seeing an horrendous and never seen before beast behind Yuki. It was so hideous, that Lucifer quickly stepped back and hissed, his hair spiking up like a cat. By the shock, his cute pointy ears and long tail popped out. "N-Nya...!? get away from Yuki, you beast!" Lucifer quickly grabbed a knife and stood on a fighting stance, hissing and growling at him. He hopped on his toes, ready to beat the crap out of him.

"Oh your no fun Lucy" Yuki teased Lucifer as she told her to stop, she held no concern for the consequences of her actions, and she seemed to have forgotten all the times Drake has scolded her for doing such reckless actions like this.
"Yea that was funny, the look on his face. But I said that I won't do it again so he has to believe me" her flawless logic yet again.

Yuki went to take a few steps back from Lucifer as he started to approach, but found herself unable to move, caught in the grasp of a monster. A look of terror crossed her mormally cheerful face, catching both the knives she quickly ceased her actions, not moving an inch as she felt the claws at her neck. Yuki sometimes forgot that she was the only human working here, it always spooked her when the others showed their supernatural sides like this. "uh..h-he gave me the knives, it was her idea. I'm sorry..don't hurt me"
Her voice was small as she pointed towards her co-workers, not thinking twice about rating them out. She then turned her attention back to Lucifer, a small smirk spreading over her lips "you really are a kitty cat" she never did have the longest attentionspan.

Leone saw where Drake's gaze was going and merely shook his head. Tilly will knock that habit out of him in a hurry... His thoughts took a more passive tone, as he knew Tilly would not stand for anyone except for her defending her pride or honor or whatever she had left. The neko would probably devize some sort of plot for the sheer sake of publicly shaming the vampire. Or just privately tormenting him. It was hard to tell exactly how the neko would take her wrath out on Drake, but it would come eventually.

Tilly's ears were pinned back slightly as she put her temper to the test. She began to think quickly on how to politely make Drake suffer. She knew what pair of eyes were glued upon her derrière as she went up the steps. Leone wouldn't dare do that, he knew her all too well to run those risks. Seeing as Drake was giving them both a job, and putting a roof over their heads, the neko found herself being forced to play nice. She could play nice to the wickedest extent of the word.

They reached their rooms soon after, and Leone was going through a bout of morbid curiosity as he wondered exactly what Tilly would do. "Well, I suppose I won't go barging into your room as long as you stay out of mine." The soft, cunning smirk and the knowing look in her keen eyes seemed to go unnoticed as Drake took on some beastly form and hurried down stairs. The duo were left alone with rather unimpressed expressions on their faces. Needless to say, they'd seen far worse than a mouthful of fangs, a need for a nail file, and a bad hair day.

"Talk about a letdown." Leone sighed and went into his room, what exactly he was disappointed with left up to interpretation.

Tilly kept her frustration in check until she entered her room, where she let out a feline noise of frustration that was a mix of a hiss and a quiet battle cry. She let out a soft sigh after that, wishing that she was back in her own room where she could beat out her frustrations on her punching bag and call it a night. Her gaze flicked to the door when she heard someone knock on it. She opened it and found her bag on the ground, no doubt left by Leone. He had been carrying it in his duffle bag because it had been packed a bit heavily for the neko to lug around all day.

She quickly got in the shower, got out of the shower feeling so much better, plugged in her blowdryer and swiftly got changed into some simple clothes. A pair of black sweatpants and a black tank top were all she needed to get a bowl of soup. As she put on her sneakers, she found herself feeling hesitant to go down to the bar with the many scars on her arms visible. She put on a determined face, however, her favorite phrase falling from her lips. "Fuck it."

Lucifer stopped hoping on his toes and glared at Yuki with narrowed eyes when she began to rating him without hesitation, even when he was about to defend her. He frowned angrily, his canines visible and lowered his knife. "Oh, you gonna play like that, huh.? Alright then..." He backed away and placed the knife on the table, smirking slightly as he picked a glass and a towel. He began to dry it with his eyes closed, ignoring the fact that Yuki was a human and could get really injured if that monster decided to attack her.

He then widen his eyes after realizing that last thing she said. He put the glass and the towel on the counter and reached the top of his head with his hands. After feeling his ears, he began to blush deep red, knowing that his tail was also exposed. He quickly turned around to face Yuki, growling with embarrassment. "D-Dammit, Yuki! Don't call me like that, nya!" He pointed at her with his right index finger. "I-I dare you to call me like that again...!"

Drake laughed at the sight of employees nearly shaking with fear. After his laugh was finished, Drake took his hand off of Yuki and pushed her forward towards Lucifer "I'm glad I hired such big, tough workers for my bar. If all it takes is a growl and some sharp teeth to scare you guys, then shit. I'm gunna have to start doing this more often" he said with a chuckle before taking a few steps back and beginning his transformation back to his normal form. His hair began receding as his claws retracted back to regular fingernails and his teeth reshaped to normal. Once his hair was back to its normal length, it stopped receding and Drake's eyes went back to their usual deep red color.

Once finished with his transformation, Drake fixed his gaze on Yuki "What did I tell you about playing with knives inside the bar? I told you no more, and you said ok. I even warned you that if I caught you doing it again, there would be consequences didn't I?" Drake obviously didn't know that Yuki was playing with the knives until he came up behind her, but she doesn't know that, so he figured why waste a good opportunity to make it seem like he was always watching them? "Now go over to the table that I had you set before and wait for Tilly and Leone to come down before I really rip your head off.." Drake quickly looked Yuki up and down to see if she did anything to her uniform again. "..And fix your uniform before I staple it to you! you've only got a little longer before you go on break you can do whatever you want with your uniform then, as long as its back on and in its proper places when you get back on shift."

Now finished with Yuki, Drake switched his gaze over to Lucifer "Alright, yes I know now you have to fix everything, go to the bathroom and fix yourself, make it quick. And Lucifer, its nice that were sticking up for your co-worker, but if you see a monster about to eat your friend, why did you not use the knife?" he asked with a confused tone in his voice. "It was good that Lucifer was willing to stand up against a threat, but I'm not so sure he was actually willing to fight." Finished with scolding his employees for the moment, he headed towards the far end of the bar towards the small gate. He opened the little gate and took back his place behind the bar before looking up at Lucifer "Oh and Lucifer, if you ever pull a knife on me again, I'll kill you myself." Drake said with a wink matched by a cynical smile.

Tilly appeared in the stairwell just after the action dissipated, though by the looks of things, she hadn't missed too much. "Hey Drake, while I did appreciate the partial stripping freak show up there, you probably should put your jacket back on. Unless this is one of those kinds of bars." She spoke with her cunning little smirk and held up his jacket, which had been left in the middle of the hall up stairs. She sauntered her way over to the bar and took a seat on one of the stools. Her long black tail flicked leisurely behind her as she handed Drake his jacket. "I don't think Leo's going to be joining us tonight." She spoke simply, informing anyone who might want to know.

Reactions: Luchi
Zarya became more concerned when she heard Yuki's laughter quickly turn into fear. She heard a growl, and was concerned for her coworker's safety. What the hell was that noise?! she thought to herself, as she effortlessly jumped over the bar. She took a cautious stance at the doorway, and saw something--someone?--clutching Yuki. Something about those eyes seems familiar... she contemplated, as the creature continued his warning. Zarya cautiously listened, and noted that Lucifer was armed--at least, until he became irritated with Yuki's teasing. By then, she realized through Drake's mentioning of the rules about knives that the creature was none other than their boss. Well, this place just gets more interesting every damn day, she smirked.

As Zarya shook her head and sighed, she slid back over the bar to enjoy the rest of her evening off--hopefully with more beer. With new guests at the inn, she would surely have a busy day tomorrow. "Now that you're done spanking the children, could I get a refill, please?" she asked Drake, as he made his way back to the front. Zarya chuckled at Tilly's comment. "You should probably take this lady's advice on that jacket, though, boss. Can't have things get too excting around here."

Status
Not open for further replies.