Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Meh, neither interest me much.

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • I'm a hunter with silver bullets.

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like both equally, honestly, but when it comes to individual characters? Kain for me wins.

He's quite possibly my favourite vampire of all time, anybody that knows me well knows that Legacy of Kain is perhaps one of my all time fave dark fantasy franchises ever.

Reactions: Greenie
I like both of them, mostly because Im a big fan of the old White Wolf RPs, the classic World of Darkness, Vampire The Mascarade and Werewolf the Apocalypse.

I prefer "traditional" vampires over the Twilight vampires....Why would I wanna sparkle in the sun? What is the point in that?

I prefer "traditional" vampires over the Twilight vampires....Why would I wanna sparkle in the sun? What is the point in that?
I have no clue :P Maybe because sparkles are pretty?

Generally speaking, both are okay, though when you factor in the aspects of each, I find vampires the better choice.

Vampires are generally depicted as immortal, whereas werewolves have more or less the same lifespan as humans. Some depictions also give vampires hypnosis, another thing werewolves lack.

Werewolves have bloodthirsty rampages on the night of a full moon, which are good and all, but they spend their other time as a boring human. While this can be considered a positive thing for hiding and such, less than 10 hours of superhuman powers per ~30 days is boring compared to 24/7 superhuman powers. Vampires are weak to sunlight, yes, but at least they can go out every 24 hours (unless they live in places where it's daylight for 24 hours in the summer, which are places I doubt would draw any potential vampires).

Vampire mythos changes depending on the author, and can range anywhere between good ol' scary Nosferatu, to those newfangled "Vampire Sex Gods", and anything in-between. Werewolves... Well, you generally either get the old-fashioned loners or you get packs (the latter is further divided into what is basically a small community of people with wolf powers, or weird pseudo-furry stuff with "wolf pack dynamics" that may or may not be accurate).

Now that that's out of the way, on the "supernatural romance" side of things, both are pretty terrible choices, and it boils down to necrophilia vs bestiality.

Werewolves, given that they are human the majority of the time, would be the logical choice for someone who doesn't want to do something illegal or gross. Unless they're in wolf form, or those werewolves are the weird pseudo-furries with "mates" and stuff, in which both cases are just creepy. If they're depicted as having absurd amounts of babies, the unlucky mother would have one hell of a time giving birth, and whatever parent(s) raise them would have quite a few kids to deal with. Also, werewolves probably have fleas.

Vampires are more complicated; while all of the vampires I've heard of haven't been the victims of decay, they are also almost always corpses (unless they're some sort of living vampire and not an undead vampire). Despite being dead for who-knows-how-long, their bodies are implied to be fairly fresh (see my prior note about not decaying). Sex would be rather uncomfortable, because their bodies are room temperature or lower, and their sexual organs may or may not work. Really, unless you're banging an aforementioned "living" vampire, it's still necrophilia. But it's (usually) consensual, and people don't usually count vampires as corpses, so you probably won't get arrested for it. Vampire-on-human fellatio may end terribly for the human. Vampires may also smell like blood, dust, death, and other "pleasant" things.
(If I had to choose, Good-looking Vampire > Werewolf (human > wolfman/woman) > Ol' Nosferatu.)

tl;dr, vampires.

Vampire mythos changes depending on the author, and can range anywhere between good ol' scary Nosferatu, to those newfangled "Vampire Sex Gods", and anything in-between.
That's true for sure. I used to be rather 'meh' towards vampires at first, then I hated after Twilight came out. Once I started reading up on them, I found them interesting and weird at the same time I guess.

Then I watched this movie called the Perfect Creature, and I really liked the concept in there ^_^

Perfect Creature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Spoilers in the link, obviously)

Vampire mythos changes depending on the author, and can range anywhere between good ol' scary Nosferatu, to those newfangled "Vampire Sex Gods", and anything in-between.
Once I started reading up on them, I found them interesting and weird at the same time I guess.
Oh sweet summer children, may I introduce to you the greatest of the modern vampire legends, the playbook that dozens steal from a regular basis...

vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines.jpg

Do not break the Masquerade. They will come for you.

I prefer demons and other undeads to vampires and werewolves~

Out of the two, I prefer vampires to rp as since they're technically undead. I prefer their nobility and how their House is ran (if you choose that type) than the alpha packs werewolves run as. I've had really bad experiences with people rping as "alphas" and it left a bit of a bad taste. I'm willing to try again with a werewolf rp, but it has to be an unique story to grab my interest.

Reactions: OnI6470 and Greenie
I have an irrational hatred of vampires because the teenager that hates things that are popular in me never really died.

Also I miss;
true monsters creating fear through their subversion of humanity

I kind of enjoy the wooden stake slash silver bullet approach nowadays.

I have an irrational hatred of vampires because the teenager that hates things that are popular in me never really died.
This actually reminds me of something. I was (and still am) writing a horror novel on Fictionpress, and it didn't get too many views. I figured it was the topic, but the cynic in me wanted to test something out.

So, I went along and started a vampire/werewolf supernatural story. And while I loved both my characters in there (one is my favourite now), it slightly irked me how many more views/reviews I received for that story. I discontinued the story but I still use the characters in rps.

This actually reminds me of something. I was (and still am) writing a horror novel on Fictionpress, and it didn't get too many views. I figured it was the topic, but the cynic in me wanted to test something out.

So, I went along and started a vampire/werewolf supernatural story. And while I loved both my characters in there (one is my favourite now), it slightly irked me how many more views/reviews I received for that story. I discontinued the story but I still use the characters in rps.
Haha, yeah, that's how it works nowadays. It's kinda like brand names. Everyone buys Coca Cola even if it's not that (if any) better than your local supermarket variety, just cause the label is stapled on it. Same with vampires/werewolves.

Werewolves, given that they are human the majority of the time, would be the logical choice for someone who doesn't want to do something illegal or gross. Unless they're in wolf form, or those werewolves are the weird pseudo-furries with "mates" and stuff, in which both cases are just creepy. If they're depicted as having absurd amounts of babies, the unlucky mother would have one hell of a time giving birth, and whatever parent(s) raise them would have quite a few kids to deal with. Also, werewolves probably have fleas.

Vampires are more complicated; while all of the vampires I've heard of haven't been the victims of decay, they are also almost always corpses (unless they're some sort of living vampire and not an undead vampire). Despite being dead for who-knows-how-long, their bodies are implied to be fairly fresh (see my prior note about not decaying). Sex would be rather uncomfortable, because their bodies are room temperature or lower, and their sexual organs may or may not work. Really, unless you're banging an aforementioned "living" vampire, it's still necrophilia. But it's (usually) consensual, and people don't usually count vampires as corpses, so you probably won't get arrested for it. Vampire-on-human fellatio may end terribly for the human. Vampires may also smell like blood, dust, death, and other "pleasant" things.
I'm not sure if Vampires should really count as Necrophilia at all though out of anything more than technicalities.
Like, the whole reason Necrophilia is frowned upon is cause of lack of consent and the fact the persons well... gone, not asleep, gone. You could also argue rotting corpse, but I'm pretty sure the majority of cases still have the body 'fresh'.

Vampires on the other hand? They're not rotting, they are consenting and they're more concious than humans in some cases where they don't even need sleep period. I mean like you said it would be cold, and likely uncomfterable. But I'd more label that under bad sex than anything else, and it should also be noted some Vampires for feeding use sex as a lure and make said sex as enjoyable as possible. I forget which one, but there was a clan in Vampire the Requiem that did precisely that. So, assuming the Vampire for some reason didn't want to eat the human and wanted legitimate fun sex? They could likely tease such a thing to fix those concerns entirely (though, it's still be in the same ballpark as choking kink sex. Spices it up, but it's still dangerous).

Vampires all the way but no stupid sparkling Vampires. I mean Like Bronsteins Dracula or Queen of the damned

I'm not sure if Vampires should really count as Necrophilia at all though out of anything more than technicalities.
Like, the whole reason Necrophilia is frowned upon is cause of lack of consent and the fact the persons well... gone, not asleep, gone. You could also argue rotting corpse, but I'm pretty sure the majority of cases still have the body 'fresh'.

Vampires on the other hand? They're not rotting, they are consenting and they're more concious than humans in some cases where they don't even need sleep period. I mean like you said it would be cold, and likely uncomfterable. But I'd more label that under bad sex than anything else, and it should also be noted some Vampires for feeding use sex as a lure and make said sex as enjoyable as possible. I forget which one, but there was a clan in Vampire the Requiem that did precisely that. So, assuming the Vampire for some reason didn't want to eat the human and wanted legitimate fun sex? They could likely tease such a thing to fix those concerns entirely (though, it's still be in the same ballpark as choking kink sex. Spices it up, but it's still dangerous).
I wrote that about half an hour before I fell asleep, so some of my logic's off. The illegal comment was probably due to the technical necrophilia thing, and I wasn't really thinking too hard at the time.
(It is probably a bad idea, but I shall now inform you all that I once wrote a short story involving a guy gettin' jiggy with a corpse that was mauled beyond recognition. [It was my friend's idea, but still]) That said, I do not condone defiling corpses.

Also, for everyone else who read my post, I'm not going to go back an edit the post, but for some reason I put werewolf in wolf form above Nosferatu in the "If I had to choose" thing. Nosferatu should be above wolf-form, as I only realized less than an hour ago that werewolves would be worse, as they also have claws an' shit, which I forgot for some reason (I was likely tired and imagining werewolves as people in real-fur fursuits, which would still rank after Nosferatu on my revised list).

Haha, yeah, that's how it works nowadays. It's kinda like brand names. Everyone buys Coca Cola even if it's not that (if any) better than your local supermarket variety, just cause the label is stapled on it. Same with vampires/werewolves.

I'm pretty sure the show kills brain cells, but this is super appropriate.

• Love
Reactions: Kestrel and Greenie
Status
Not open for further replies.