Vampires: Agents of the Apocalypse

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand of the term a faction roleplay is where a single person/player is in charge of an entire unit/army/country etc and governs it and all the characters within it, usually with some prominent NPC's as the head liner and one or two main characters but I would find such a thing pretty over whelming as I usually only play 2 characters at max in a roleplay so I can give it my best writing and not get too stressed out.

The way its described above gave me the idea it was faction based as everyone is claiming a single house rather than saying they'd like to make a character for that house. Though I might have gotten the wrong end of the stick there.

The idea of the time skipping sounds great, if you can find players that are dedicated enough to do it. Would it in that sense be a series of different roleplays aka prologue, chapter one, chapter two. Or would it all be condensed into a singular roleplay? How long would you estimate it will take, roughly, to play out each part of the roleplay as if we start at the beginning and our end goal is modern day I can see people getting restless if a chapter drags out or rather concerned about having to discard their character to make a new one if the chapter is moving too quickly.

They are just my initial concerns with the idea of an epic story line roleplay. I usually pour a lot of energy and time into my characters when I make them so I'm often reluctant to scrap them and only usually leave them to vegetate if the rp dies.

I was thinking that the time skipping would be something like the Assassin's Creed Animus, only magical in nature. You could different characters in different times, or the same character in different times, should they ever become a vampire. The reason for the prologue is that the vampiric origin is really the only thing I have scripted any. The rest should be mostly player story.

And as for what you described for faction Roleplay, you could do that if you want. Or you coup be a part of it, or not deal anything with it.

I've never played assassin's creed so I don't really know what you mean by that. Though the rest seems pretty straight forward. :)

Assassin's Creed is set in modern times, but there's a machine that lets you live through a life of an ancestor.

Have I missed anything, besides the discussion of Assassins Creed?

Status
Not open for further replies.