Vampire

Kieara smiled. She was nibbling happily on strawberries. She looked out at the stars happily. "You know we're probably going to ruin our dinner right? Ross will have our heads." She spoke to him her mind wandering back to the redhead in the kitchen. She wouldn't want to offend the redheaded cook. She stared up at the moon getting lose in thought as she finished her strawberries.

Did he like her? No. Couldn't possibly. Could he?....Again a no. She mentally sighed.

"Ross? No, she'll be fine. She'll cook something just to cook it. She doesn't care if we eat it or not. Actually, she makes extra's every night anyway. Feed the ladies, as well as Morin and whatever is left she'll take out and give to the homeless." He dipped his strawberry in the chocolate, taking a bite out of it happily. "Besides, this is my dinner. If you want something else that's up to you. I prefer to overwhelm myself with the sweets right now though." Licking his lips he ran a finger across the frosting on one of the small cakes he'd brought out, and wiped it onto another strawberry that he'd dipped into the chocolate as well. With a sigh of contentment he laid back. Swallowing the bite he'd just taken.

There was a knife still hidden away in the basket, which he pulled out to cut a piece of the watermelon away so he could nibble on it as he looked up at the sky. "So how do you like the house so far?" He looked at her, smiling as he took another bite out of his watermelon.

Kieara smiled listening to his words. She was happy to know her hard work didn't go to waste. She nibbled on some more strawberries liking the fruit just by itself. She rather enjoyed the sweets as well. She'd have to agree with him on that. She had quite the sweet tooth. She spoke to him softly as she watched him. "I love the house so far. A bit of a maze, but it's welcoming in a way that I can't explain." she spoke to him.

It was around this time when she looked up to see another coming onto the property. "Oh no...." She mumbled to herself. She frowned becoming terribly nervous. One of her father's goons had tracked them back to here. How long had he been watching them? surely to know where this was at, he'd have to had been following her, Marie, and Ross earlier that day.

Minuit chuckled, closing his eyes as he continued to snack on the watermelon chunk. "I'm glad you feel comfortable here." Which was rather true, he'd never want her to feel anything but welcome. Not that it was an uncommon thing for him. Any girl that had come to stay with him was always a welcomed guess. Though, as he often reminded himself, it was always under entirely different circumstances. Satisfied with the girls answer, and the piece of watermelon that had been devoured, he moved on to the raspberries. Letting the little bumps break apart and almost pop along his tongue.

He'd long noticed the person heading in their direction, though took little real note of him. As he saw it, the man was a mere mortal. Nothing but a walking bag of fresh blood. Because of this he often paid no mind to those who thought they could harm him. The thought changed though, as he realized Kieara didn't have the same reaction as him. "Go on, head inside. Let Ross know what's going on." He smiled at her thoughtfully, remaining where he'd so comfortably laid himself. Waiting for the girl to run off and do as he'd told her.

Kieara wondered what he'd told her that for, but nevertheless followed orders. She got up and headed inside. She went to Ross and spoke. "I....I really don't mean to interrupt you...please don't be angry with me." She spoke to the woman. She then proceeded to explain what had occured today that they weren't aware of and what was unfolding outside.

The man saw her go in and stepped over to Minuit. "Excuse me sir, but I couldn't help but notice my friend walking into your house. May I speak with her?" He asked trying to play off the friend act. HE even went so far as to offer a smile.

Ross peered over her shoulder at the girl, a puzzled look in her eyes. She seemed almost bewildered. Wondering how the two could have even gotten outside without someone noticing. As she went on, cutting up her vegetables. "I see. Very well. Go on into the bathroom and call one of the girls in to prepare a bath for you. I'm sure you'd like to relax after out long day." She smiled softly at her. Stepping to the door and pressing the button to ring the housemaids room and get them down to the bath hall. "Go on, off with you. Out of my kitchen." Ross shooed Kieara out once she'd talked to one of the girls and heard the rushing of feet.

Minuit simply yawned, sitting up straight in a stretch. "Umm, no. She's gone off to get ready to bed. Plus she seemed rather uninterested in talking to you. So be off then. And think before you come trudging on to someones property. It's trespassing and illegal on private property."

Kieara watched as Ross did that. She moved along as she was shooed from the kitchen. She'd expected it actually. She then tried to remember her way back up to the bathroom. She walked along the corridors silently hoping to run into one of the ladies so that they may show her the way. She'd forgotten it by now having went so many other directions.

The man's smile turned to a frown. He spoke again. "Sir, I will have you know that she's been missing for days now. HEr father sent me to find her." He spoke to him. "We could get you for kidnap."

Marie almost collided with Kieara as she came charging down the hall. After having to avoid clashing with many others when she came running down the halls, she came to a rather sudden stop. Extremely close to the girl, though still not touching her. "Now what are you doing silly. To the bath with you, come come." She grinned with a giggle. She pulled the girl along by her wrist, dragging her down to the first floor. Marie stopped a second to poke her head in on Ross, quickly closing the door seconds later. Ross, still not enjoying being interrupted, and on high alert, subconsciously threw her knife into the door. As Marie closed it in a huff, Ross could be heard in a frenzy of curse words. Angered at the fact that her knife was know stuck in the door.

"You'd think I know better by now," she chuckled nervously. Pushing through the large doors of the bath hall, she dragged Kieara in behind her. "I'm sure you'll get use to this place soon. Then it'll be easy to find everything." After smiling one last time at the girl she got quick to work on starting the water, making sure to check the temperature a few times. Finally, as the large tub filled, she stepped to Kieara. "Shall I run upstairs and grab you a pair of pajama's, or perhaps a night gown?"

"And once again, I could get you for trespassing. Also breaking and entering. Last I checked there's a large stone wall surrounding my entire backyard. As well as the gate all around the front." He stood to his feet, dusting his pants off. "Also, she's here of her own will. Seeing as she is of age, or probably damn close. She is taking college courses." Letting out a sigh, he stuffed his hands in his pockets and made his way toward the house. "If her father is so worried he would have come himself I'm sure, and through the front gates, where I'd willingly let him in. Now get off my property or you'll be missing as well."

Kieara yelped when she almost ran into Marie. However, she laughed afterwards. She then spoke. "I think I am starting to get the hang of it. If only a little bit." she spoke to her. Her mind was stuck on how that man had foudn them though. She didn't want to scare Marie, so she didn't say anything about it. When they'd upset Ross, she felt a little bad, but she figred the woman would get over it. She looked to Marie as she stopped at the bath hall. "That would be nice, thank you."

The man glared at Minuit as he spoke. He had no choice but to leave for the moment, but this wouldn't be the last someone would be here for Kieara. He'd be sure of that. Especially now that they knew where she was at.

Marie giggled and left the girl to her bath, running up stairs just as quickly as she'd came down not to long ago. The girl shut up into Kieara's room. Peering around and poking through her clothes to find a pair of pajama's that she'd thought would be comfortable.

Minuit stepped into the kitchen, watching Ross for a few seconds before making a comment. Startling her a bit, she turned and looked a bit flustered. As he stood there, she simple lectured him. The normal nonsense about not leaving without letting someone know. He simply returned her words with a puzzled look, amazed that the women would address him in such a way.

Backing down, Ross continued with her cooking. "I apologize. I just...I worry for you. I know you can handle yourself just fine, it'd just be nice if--" Ross paused, her face lighting up as she held her tongue once more, just to have Minuit step past her. Scoffing his irritation at the woman's concern.

"Mind your own business Ross. This kitchen was made especially for you. For the soul purpose of you cooking, not worrying over me." He stepped out. Uninterested in hearing anymore from the women. Making his way upstairs he ran into Marie, her face flushing as she collided with him. "How many times must I tell you to watch where you're going?" He smiled softly down at her. Shaking her head with a soft giggle, she apologized stepping back. "Where's Kieara?"

"Oh, Ross had me set up a bath for her. I'm sure she's just relaxing."

"Very well, send her to my study once she's finished. Locate Morin for me as well please."

Marie nodded to the man, shooting downstairs to give the girl the pajama's and Minuit's message.

Kieara had a nice relaxing bath. She heard Marie come to give her her clothes and thanked her. She then heard about Minuit wanting to see her. She wondered what for but thought nothing of it. She put on her pajamas. Namely a pair of fluffy pants and a button up shirt that showed a bit of her clevage. She knew that Minuit knew by now she'd been abused, so she didn't bother covering the bruises and scars anymore unless going into public.

She left from there remembering his instructions and followed the corridors to his study. She pecked lightly on the door so as not to appear rude. "Minuit? Are you in there? You asked to see me?"

He ran his hands through his hair before getting to his feet and opening the door for her. Book still in hand, and he simply returned to his desk with it. Leaving the door open for her to step in after him. As he finished up the final paragraph on the page, he turned to her with a smile. The room was brightly lit, the walls a pumpkin orange, and as always. The rest to match. All besides the mess of books and papers that seemed to be lain everywhere only to pile up and eventually collect dust. "Go ahead and sit. There's a couch somewhere under all of those papers. I don't need them or anything so just--sorta throw them on the floor." He shrugged, his hands folded neatly in his lap.

"Or you can just take a seat in my lap, wouldn't bother me either way." He grinned at the girl a second, stopping as he chuckled a bit. Of course he was working for a reaction now. Taking a bit more interest in the girl as the night went on.

Kieara smiled as he opened the door. She came in and closed it quietly behind her. She then made her way over to the papyrus covered couch. She laughed at his sit in his lap comment her nose crinkling up cutely the way it always would when she laughed. She spoke. "Well if you insist..." She teased back at him. She moved some of the papers into a neat stack and sat them on top of a book.

Kieara then sat down on the couch. She rather liked this room too. The orange tone was warm and inviting, though the room was a bit of a wreck. He must enjoy his studies....

"I have a few questions for you. Though I'd like to thank you for joining me on our little outing. Shame it had to end so suddenly. It was only getting interesting. Moving on though. He said some nonsense about your father looking for you and you being missing. Of course I'm sure you're an adult now, so I want to know one thing from you," He paused, relaxing a bit more in his chair. His demeanor calm and charming as always as he let his eyes lock with hers. "Do you wish to stay here?"

Seeing as he'd taken an interest in the girls mysterious life, he wished to help her. Finding that it would be a rather interesting break from his own strange world. That and her found her company to be rather charming. As she wasn't falling all over him at all hours, and he seemed to have to work a bit harder to actually gain the girls attention. He smiled calmly at her, waiting patiently for an answer.

Kieara paled at his questions. She knew that something had been off about that guy. Might as well explain everything now. She took a deep breath and sighed. First she answered his question. "Yes, I'd very much like to stay here. That's extremely generous of you Minuit." She spoke to him. "However, I think that I owe you a bit of an explanation." She told him.

She wasn't aware he'd taken an interest in him. She was interested in him, but she knew he was way out of her league. She also figured that if he was to teach her, it would be awkward for them both to have a relationship. even though in all honesty shew ouldn't mind it.

"Never feel you owe me anything Kieara, besides your company every now and then." He stood to his feet with a stretch, realizing he'd never replaced the shirt that he'd left out in the garden. Shrugging it off, he straightened his pants. Arms crossed as he looked down at her. "If you wish to explain anything to me then go ahead, but it's nothing I'll pressure you about. It's your business, just as mine is my own." He stepped toward her, resting his hand on the arm of the couch as he kneeled in close to her.

His smile remained on his face, locking his bright eyes with hers he leaned in a bit. Still amazed that the girl reacted so slowly, if at all, to him. Before he could let him get carried away, Morin stepped in. Not even a knocks notice as he peered over the two.

"Sire, you requested me." The old butler spoke in a rather harsh tone. His way of making it known he didn't approve of Minuit's toying with the girl.

Rolling his eyes, Minuit stood up with a scoff. Staring the butler down from over his shoulder. "Yes, I did." Turning from Kieara, he returned to his seat. Picking his book up once more before glancing up at Morin. "Out in the garden are the things I'd pulled out. Retrieve them and return it all to their original place please." He opened the book as the butler began to leave. "And Morin. Remember your manners. Knock before entering."

"Of course Sire, I apologize. I believe you should be off to bed miss Kieara," he added, turning his attention to her. "You've had a long day."

Kieara looked up to him as he spoke. She was glad he wasn't going to pressure her about her family. She still felt compelled to tell him, however, Morin interrupted before that could happen. She was kind of thankful he had. Him being so close was flustering her horribly. She could feel her cheeks burning. She'd hate to say what shade of red they were right about then.

She stood shortly after and spoke. "Good night Minuit. I had fun today." she spoke meaning their picnic. She gave him a polite nod, then left his study. She made her way to her room miraculously, then curled up into her covers. It wasn't long before she was asleep.

Minuit scowled as she left the room, rather irritated that Morin had interfered as he always seemed to do. He returned to his book for the rest of the night. The full moon keeping him up until dawn. He sprawled out on the couch that lay hidden beneath the papers, tossing them all to the floor and waited for the days to repeat themselves.

They did of course. Days going by as he spent more and more time with Kieara. He was rather satisfied to have her back in glass as well. Returning home with her, dinner, then bath (separately, as Morin always caught him before he'd tried to sneak in with her.) Then they day would restart its self. He only grew more and more attached to the girls presence in the house as time went on. Feeling odd when it was seemingly empty, as he couldn't go up to her room and just bug her. Of course this was only during the day, where the girls seemed to grow accustomed to taking her out.

Now the days have passed and the class before him seemed to understand a lot more than before. "Maintenant, nous sommes à parler en français pour la plupart. Je suis content de vous voir tous les apprentissages si vite." He stated, knowing that the class could at least put most of what he'd just stated together. Explaining to them that he was proud that they'd seem to be learning so quickly, and so well. He'd kept to his normal routine of flirting with the younger women, though refrained from private tutoring. Feeling it'd be rude since he had a new member to his house hold. He went on with teaching the class. Teaching them the French history, speaking mostly in French.

"He's a pretty cool teacher," a young boy sitting next to Kieara had stated, talking in a low whisper as to not get caught. "Pretty easy to learn from too."

Kieara looked over and offered a miniscule smile. She didn't mention that she lived with him. She gave a silent nod and turned her attention back to Minuit. She listened to what he was saying and took notes on it. She didn't pay the boy much mind in his simple comment. She was too caught up in class work. She refused to allow herself to fall behind.

Her father's goons hadn't yet been back to go after her. They swore they'd return, but they had yet to do so. It had allowed Kieara to become relaxed and at ease, and it also allowed her to drop her gaurd. She still had yet to know what Minuit truely was, but she felt safe with him.

"Ummm," the boy hesitated. Unsure of how to approach the girl. "So, during the day. What are you normally up to?" He questioned, still smiling at her. Though it was apparent that she was paying for less attention to him, than he was her.

Minuit only glanced in Kieara's direction, soon being reminded that she wasn't the only person in the class. He leaned over on the desk before him, addressing the girl in a seductive tone. Though there was nothing sexually arousing about what he was stating. None the less it gained a squeal of a reaction from the girl. Giving him satisfaction as he stood up straight and went on about the way the French lived some years ago.