Vampire

Kieara followed after him through his maze of a house. She was becoming more comfortable around him. She even dared to joke. "Wow...This place is so huge...Ever get lost inside your maze?" She teased him with a friendly smile. Once she loosened up a bit, she was rather charming herself. In her own way. She wasn't very far behind him. She stayed close so that she wouldn't be lost in the vast amount of hallways.

Once they arrived at the room her mouth fell open a bit. She looked around utterly amazed. This wasn't what she'd had in mind exactly. She heard his comment. "You...had them do all this for me?" She asked. She'd never had anyone take out the time to really think of her. All this was new.

"Well of course. I want you comfortable right. From what I saw earlier, and the remaining marks--" he smiled at her, gesturing to the dark purple still surrounding her eye, and a few marks that remained visible elsewhere, "Wouldn't want you wondering about unprotected or anything." He stepped further inside, examining a few of the stuffed animals the women had found. Poking at them, he finally returned his attention to Kieara. "C'est votre chambre. Made especially for you. All I had to go off was that you liked purple though," he laughed once more. Returning to his position by the door he repeated himself, only in English first. "This is your room, C'est votre chambre."

After letting her take it in a bit he spoke. "Say it." He instructed with a gentle voice. Though she wasn't in class at the moment, he still intended to teach her as much as possible. Seeing as she'd also left early that night, so she didn't get the entire lesson. "This place is so big, it'd be nice to have another person around. One who doesn't follow my every order. You said you don't like being home, so then you can come here whenever you like. My study is on the second floor, and my room is on the first. You can come talk to me whenever you like." Winking to her he pulled out a key, placing it on the dresser next to the door.

Normally the only people, besides his maids and Morin, that lived with him were women he'd pretty much enslaved. Of their own free will of course. Releasing them only once he grew tired of the same reoccurring taste each night he'd feed off of said person. Though with Kieara it was going to be different. Allowing her to stay just because she seemed to need a safe place to run too, and he enjoyed the young girls company.

Kieara smiled brightly when he'd first said this was her room in French. "I actually understood that one without you telling me." She laughed a little. Her laugh held a melodious tone in it. Though it was so rarely heard, no one knew this. "C'est votre chambre." She spoke to him back. She came over and debated hugging him, but was fairly certain he'd deem that a step too far. So she didn't. She saw the key and listened to his directions and his instructions on if she wanted to talk to him. She nodded. "You've been so generous to me Minuit.....Merci...." She spoke to him.

She felt so relieved here. She was shocked at his offer and wondered if she might be dreaming. She now had a safe haven away from her father. Though he'd come searching....That much she was sure of.

"Vous êtes les bienvenus petite fille," he said softly to her, patting her on the head gently. She seemed to be learning quickly, and that seemed to make his job a lot easier. "I'll leave you to your room then. The door on the far right there, well your left, is the bathroom. Not as large as the bath hall. Which is where you bathed earlier." He took a few steps back, still smiling at her. "By your bed is a bell. It rings the ladies quarters, so if you need anything just pull the rope and one of them will be up to assist you shortly." He motioned to the button on the left wall beside the door.

"This will call Morin. He's the only butler I have, though he wishes I'd get another. Just hard to find someone as trustworthy and as patient as him. Beside that one, the little voice box with all the buttons, and numbers is to call any of the rooms in case something happens. Or if you're not feeling well but still wish to talk. I'll have a list of each rooms number made up for you. I've got them all memorized, so I never thought to actually make a list for others just in case."

Once again he removed himself from the girls room. "Umm, I think that's about all you need to know. Though I'm sure you'd like to get some rest. Had a long evening I assume. So I'll leave you be." With that he finally left the room. Closing the door behind him.

Once again, she wasn't sure what she'd said, but going by the tone he'd said it in, she was assuming it was somewhere along the lines of you're welcome. That, and some sort of nickname accompanying it. There wasn't very many other words there that he could've said that would've made sense to her. She listened once again to his instructions on how the house worked and what called who. She smiled. "Ok, I think I got it." She spoke to him as he left.

She moved over to the bed sitting on the soft mattress and taking in the room's appearance once more. She smiled as she adjusted the pillows to get comfortable then slipped under the covers. She was asleep in a matter of minutes.

As Minuit sat quietly in his study the remaining hours of the night, his thoughts were interrupted by a knocking at his door. "Come in," he stated, not looking up from his studies.

"Sire, I've brought you a meal. I noticed you didn't go out hunting tonight." Morin was calm as always, holding the small feeble body of a young women. She had short brown hair, and a business suit on at the time. As she was laying limb on the older mans arm. "It was an old pet of yours. I asked her if she would mind serving you for a night. She obliged only if she didn't remember a thing. Poor girl was so in love with you," the man spoke as he lowered her collar, noticing Minuit with wide eyes staring at her.

The young vampire was rather eager to pounce on the women, even as Morin spoke. Though he retained his composer, taking her from the butlers arms and slowly sinking his teeth into her flesh. He enjoyed the bite. The feel of the human flesh tearing, and making room for his teeth. The feeling of truly draining the life out of a person. That was his thrill.

As he finished with the girl. Leaving her paler than before, he returned her to the arms of Morin. "Thank you. I don't see how you could expect me to try and find a replacement butler. Or another one at all."

The man nodded to him, leaving the room and returning the women from wince he found her. Minuit, however, finally trudged back to his room only minutes before down. His room all black, the window shades a dark, heavy material. So no light shone through as he rested. Flopping down onto his bed, he closed his eyes. Rolling over and relaxing into the comfort of his dark room.

Kieara didn't awake until nearly sunset the next day. The reason? She hadn't had the chance to really rest around her father. She slept so deeply. She had good dreams too feeling safe in the security of Minuit's home. She roused from her sleep a sense of dread hanging in her chest. "Why do I have to wake up from such a good dream?" She asked herself out loud. "Sexy teacher who was my age, took me in from the horrors of my dad, excellent cook, I was speaking perfect french...that had to be a dream." She spoke her eyes still closed. Then she opened them to find she was still in the purple room. She sat up with a jolt. It almost scared her. To wake up in an unfamiliar place. She then let a smile creep to her features. "It...It wasn't a dream..." She laughed happily.

Having not fallen asleep, seeing as Minuit wasn't really tired, only bored. He rolled off of his bed, getting to his feet as he began to remove the suit. After wearing it all day it had begun to get a bit uncomfortable against his skin. He folded the shirt and pants up nicely, returning them to the hanger from wince they came. Placing the coat of the suit around them, before hanging it on a rather empty rack. Made for when the women came in to grab his laundry.

He walked around his room in his boxers, taking a seat on his bed as he rang for one of the women to come down and assist him. After a few minutes there was a knock at his door, followed by the soft creek it made as it was gently pushed open. Seconds after the women had entered his room, his dull lights were turned on. Being a night dwelling creature it was no shock that the lights in his room were as dim as they were. Like candles that flicked in and out every second or so. Lighting the corners of the room, and giving his pale skin a seductive gleam to it.

Seeing her lord in nothing but his boxers the young girl quickly turned away, her cheeks flushed as the blood rushed to them.

"Now don't tease me Marie," Minuit said, teasing her more than anything. It was something he'd taken a liking to. The young girl being a new edition, and a beauty at that. With long dark hair and bright green eyes that seemed to light up every time she smiled. It was no shock that he'd taken her in as a house maid. "Take Kieara shopping. I doubt she wants to go home and gather her things, but even if she does. Taking her to get new things, whatever she wants. Take Ross with you as well. I'm not sure what happened to the poor thing, but I'd like to know you two are well protected while you're out."

Nodding to him, Marie ran out. Closing his door quickly behind her as she rushed up to the third floor. The sun was well out by now, though still early. It had almost the entire house lit up, minus those rooms with no windows. Breathing heavily, she knocked on the girls door. "Madam. Are you awake?"

Kieara answered the door for the young woman. She smiled. "Oh....hello there." She spoke to her. "You seem out of breath, are you alright?" She asked concerned for her. She moved aside so she could come in if she liked. She was still dressed in her night clothes having just awoke. She wasn't too concerned about that however. Her red hair was out of place, but not horribly bad.

"My name's Kieara, what's yours?" She asked her offering a smile. She hoped to befriend the staff here as well.

"Ah, well good morning," Marie smiled at her, trying to catch her breath. "Oh I'm fine. Just run up the stairs and I'm a little out of shape," she giggled. She shook her head as Kieara stepped aside to try and let her in. "My name is Marie, and there are a few clothes in your room. We tried to find as much purple as possible. I do hope you like the room as well." She tend to go on these little rants about whatever she was talking about at the time. As well as the millions of thoughts that could run through her mind all at once.

Stopping herself, she smiled, cocking her head one way. "Anyway, We'll be heading out soon. So please get ready. Lord Minuit asked me and Ross to take you out to gather whatever you wished, including going shopping." Getting giddy at the thought she began running back down the hall. "Please hurry. We'll be leaving in about 15 minutes. The car will pick us up right outside the front door." She shouted to Kieara as she ran back downstairs, making her way to the kitchen. She had yet to even inform Ross that'd she'd be going along with the due, and she had to get herself ready as well.

After rushing down to tell Ross, she went back into her quarters and quickly got herself ready. While Ross was out in the car already, Marie seemed to be running late. Which was no shock. She was new and still getting use to doing things at a fast pace and normally rather last minutes. It had been 20 minutes since Marie had informed Kieara that they'd be going. Leaving Ross out in the car waiting for either one of the two to show up, alone.

Kieara smiled as she listened to the girl. she seemed so energetic. She liked it. She had planned on leaving today as bad as she hated to. She couldn't possibly impose on Minuit more than she already was. She was shocked to hear that Minuit had already given her orders to take her to gather her things and go shopping however. She found this to be a good thing for her though. It meant she was welcome.

She smield. "Alright then. I'll be ready shortly." She spoke to him. "I appreciate all your hard work." She said to her as she left. She got her red hair combed and braided, then she dressed in some simple jeans and a long sleeved purple shirt with a panda design on it. She headed downstairs managing to find her way to the main room again. She was shocked though. Everything was such a maze. She went out to the car to see the chef waiting on her. She offered a smile as she got into the car. "Hello."

"Hey there, little one." Ross grinned, her hair pulled back in a high pony tail, a few loose strands framing her face nicely. In the right lighting the German women looked rather nice, elegant in a way. Her light brown eyes staring out the window as she thought of what kind of groceries to pick up while they were out. "Figures kleines Mädchen would be late," she grunted out with a small smile. "Oh, I apologize. Still getting use to speaking in English all the time. I'd only just learned it a few years back."

Finally Marie almost dived into the car, trying to catch her breath once again as she took a seat next to the two. "Sorry. Took a bit longer than I thought." She giggled cheerfully, running her hands through her long black hair a few times to keep it from getting unruly as it rested on her shoulders and down her back. She was wearing a simple blue dress, that framed her curves perfectly. Rolling the window down as the drive began to head out the front gates. "So Kieara, where would you like to go first. Is there anything you'd like to gather from your old house?"

Kieara thought about it. "Yes. We need to make a stop there, there's at least one thing I need to get from there." She said to them. Actually there were three. Course the only one she was worried about was small. She spoke again. "Park around the corner ok? That way I can sneak to the house and climb into my window." She knew that probably sounded weird, but the lesser the contact with her father, the better.

She watched out the window as they went getting used to the trail to and from the house so she would know it if she needed it.

"Very well," Marie smiled cheerfully, nodding to the driver who listened to the girls chat about whatever. Marie, turned to Ross, "You look amazing when your hair isn't hiding your face Ross."

The older women only looked at her through the corner of her eyes. Shooting a glare at the smaller girl. She was deep and thought, and hated being dragged out by that by such trivial chatter. Ross, when she wasn't cooking, or at least in the kitchen with all that food, seemed to be rather distant. Sometimes even cold heart'd to those around her. She had a passion and an obsession for only a few things. Luckily Minuit had become one of those things, which is why she so willingly went along with Marie whenever shopping needed to be done. Or any other such thing that forced her out of the house and away from her natural surroundings.

"Come now Marie. We've got a new addition to the house. Can't you at least talk to her. You guys have the same kind of hair too. It's so bright and pretty." The small girl chirped out, returning her attention to Kieara. "So how old are you Kieara?"

Kieara broke herself from her trance. "I just turned 20 a little while ago." She spoke to Marie. She seemed to be dreading this more and more as Ross drove. She sighed as she stared back out the window. She didn't say much else to the ladies along the trip. She got out once she instructed Ross on where to park and snuck up to the house. She went around the back and had to climb up a story and through a window. She rummaged around once inside and found a tiny silver locket. She looked at it for a moment sadly then put it on.

About that time as a stroke of luck, she heard her father leave. PErfect chance. She went to the corner and grabbed a tiny square case and lifted it. She grabbed a messenger bag sitting next to it that was fairly full, then she left the house quickly. She headed to the car and placed the case and messenger bag in the trunk. "Ok let's go." She spoke giving Ross the go ahead.

After a long day of shopping, she was rather glad to return to the house. She'd gotten to know both girls a bit more, and was happy about that becoming grand friends with Marie. HEr and Marie would get along just fine.

She took her new things up to her room, along with Marie's help. She hadn't said anything to either girl about what she'd taken from the house. Any questions about it had been abruptly ignored. She didn't really want to talk about any of it. Especially the locket. She breifly had to think about if there was class or not today. She rather hoped not, she was pretty tired.

Morin greeted the girls upon their return. Helping Ross take her things inside as she seemed to be overly excited by the new ingredients she'd gotten. The red head rushed straight to the kitchen. Saying almost nothing to anyone. Besides a quick shout of 'goodbye, was fun.' As she darted through the doors on the far end of the hall that led directly to the kitchen. Of course she quickly got to work on organizing all the things she'd gotten, locking the kitchen doors as to not be disturbed.

Morin only chuckled, watching only until he heard the locking of the doors. "Well, she's quick at work. Madam Kieara, Minuit has gone off to work already. He said he wasn't sure if you wished to go to class or not today, but seeing as you three are back much later than expected you'll have to stay home. He'd be very upset if you interrupted his class. Please head up into the work room on the 2nd floor. It's only three doors down from the Sire's study. There are a few assignment's set up for you to work on. If you need any assistance just call for me. Marie, you are to help the ladies tidy up the house. They've been working out in the garden all day, so not much inside has been done. First get the ladies things set up in her room." Turning back into the house, closing the door of course, he made his way down the hall.

"Come now you two. Kieara needs to get to work on her studies, and Marie you have a job to do. Get to it."

"Yes sir," Marie shouted after the man cheerfully. "You better get to the 2nd floor work room and I'll put all your things away. Follow me," she grinned happily. Practically skipping down the hallway as she moved to the second floor.

Kieara gave a nod to Morin. Seeing how it had effected him when she left the first day, she wasn't about to interrupt one of his classes. She was afraid that would be catastrophic. She followed after Marie up to the work room. "Thanks Marie." She spoke to her. She wondered what her assignment was. She went inside after Marie showed her the way and got straight to work. She didn't have any trouble. It all seemed to come naturally to her, but she did worry a little about how to make the payments for her class to Minuit without being at home. At this school, you directly payed the teacher.

Minuit's classes seemed to go by rather slow, the female student body the same as always. Flirting with him, though this time he didn't seem to be flirting back. His concern was on how Kieara's day had been and if she's getting the work he left find. He'd only given her the basics on a greeting, and holding a bit of small talk. Something he planned to test her on once he returned. As he said goodbye to his final class of the evening he went on to clean the place up. His classroom being the only place that he'd ever clean up after others. This was the reason he didn't like the thought of teaching high school or any other grade. Upon given the orders, most college students followed them. Breaking a rule could mean being kicked from a class. Which was only troublesome on their part.

Wiping his hands, he dusted himself off and headed on home.

"How are you doing Madam. You haven't been out since you've gotten home. Would you like me to bring you supper up to the room. Or will you be eating in the dinning room. Or perhaps you'll be waiting for the Sire to return home, and dine with him?" He spoke to the girl from the crack in the door that he'd squeezed his head into. Trying not to disturb the girl far to much as she worked.

Kieara looked up to Morin. "Oh, Hi Morin!" She chimed happily. She spoke. "I will wait on Minuit to get home." She said. "I wouldn't want him to eat alone." She said. "Course after a day of teaching he might want privacy...." She spoke aloud though it was more so meant for her thoughts. "I'm almost finished in any matter though." She said abesntly playing with the locket she now wore. "I'll be out in just a little." She told him.

Morin nodded to her. "Very well Madam. I'll come and get you once Minuit has returned then." Chuckling a bit, he left the girl to herself. Making his way into the kitchen. Or at least trying. Ross was still busy at work, keeping the world locked out as she probably went about creating all sorts of things. Morin banged on the door a few more times, getting impatient with Ross's on goings. "The Master will be home soon. Clean yourself up and prepare dinner," he ordered at her through the door. A few muffled sounds could be heard as she shouted her agreence through the door.

From there Morin moved on into Minuit's room, grabbing the clothes that were hanging and needed to be washed. He walked into the ladies quarters, where more clothes were hanging that were to be taken to the dry cleaners the next morning.

Minuit was well on his way home as well. Letting out a sigh as he noticed the driveway of his home finally coming into view.