• The Dracula model

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • The Twilight model

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • The Vampire Diaries model

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • The True Blood model

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • An answer so significantly different from these options, I'm going to explain it in a comment!

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters
I love how this poll is VASTLY leaning toward vampires being evil jackasses.

Only one vote for Twilight model. My faith in humanity has been partially restored.

Reactions: Razilin
I love how this poll is VASTLY leaning toward vampires being evil jackasses.
I don't think so, the first two and maybe Dracula are the only ones that imply moral alignment :/

the first two alone outpace the others, though

sounds pretty evil-leany to me
I'm of the opinion that in a poll, it's numbers that matter, so I guess we'll agree to disagree.

I haven't seen much of other kinds of vampires besides Vampire Knight (Sorts of falls into 3 different categories) and Dracula.. I'm a bit uneducated, but the ones with different needs other than blood is always nice ^ ^

I haven't seen much of other kinds of vampires besides Vampire Knight (Sorts of falls into 3 different categories) and Dracula.. I'm a bit uneducated, but the ones with different needs other than blood is always nice ^ ^
I don't personally care for blood-free vampires (eg: drinking souls/energies, etc), I can't help but see it as a cop out for a phobic writer lol

I have a strange relationship with vampires. I prefer them as cold-hearted killers who would kill without a single thought, creatures relishing in the thrill of the hunt, yet at the same time, I wouldn't necessarily call them 'evil'; they just possess a completely different set of morals than humanity. They view humans as little more than a cattle and treat them that way. That's probably caused by the fact that 'my' vampires didn't originate from humans; they're actually a different biological species who has taken on human appearance as a camouflage. This set-up actually allows for interesting situations in roleplays, especially when the different morals collide. For example, my vampiric girl was utterly bewildered when she found out her human partner in crime didn't approve of killing a pregnant woman even though she was technically their enemy.

"So, let me get this straight. You don't want to kill her only because she has another human inside of her? Why, so she could give birth and then we'd have MORE enemies?" :D

As stated in that other thread, I can accept everything from pre-Dracula folklore vampires to Twilight style vampire boyfriends as legitimate permutations of the concept.

However, the ones I prefer are the ones that are subhuman, the creatures that are defiled husks of former humans that have supernatural powers and live only to feed on humans. They make fantastic monsters that way, and I like the monster version better than the more humanized versions.

I thought this was going to be about vampire themed typefaces and called Count Fontula. Sorry, CF.

Count Fontula: :(

Blegh, I likes my tragic figure vampires, like Tilda Swinton in Only Lovers Left Alive and Marceline in Adventure Time. But I get little chills when someone subverts them in some way, like Let the Right One In. I lurves the hyper-realist-minimalist portrayal in that film. Just enough of the horror, yet it leaves you with the feeling that there must still be a rational explanation for it all .

Where's the "any type of vampire is fair game so long as the character is well-written" option? ;)

Reactions: Gowi
Where's the "any type of vampire is fair game so long as the character is well-written" option? ;)
Note that the poll asks for your favourite vampire. As in, all else being held equal—writing skill included—which is the type that you have the most fun with, or that most excites you to see in action?

Just because we accept all breeds, doesn't mean we can't also pick a favourite. ;]

• Love
Reactions: Minibit
I see, I see, very well then, I will confess that I have three particular favorites: vampires from Slavic lore, vampires based on the work of one Bram Stoker and vampires according to the WoD.