Vampire: The Masquerade

E

EquinoxSol

Original poster
:M_BlackSkull::cards:Caine, the creator of vampires, walks once more.:cards::M_BlackSkull:

The Caine and Abel story: Caine was the world's first murderer, the son of Adam and Eve, and the world's first vampire. He was a farmer, and his brother Abe was a shepard. God was pleased with Abel's flock offering, but was disappointed in that of Caine's which drove Caine mad and he ended up killing his brother Abel. When God learned about it, he asked Caine where his brother was, to which Caine answered, "I know not; am I my brother's keeper?" God, enraged by Caine's crime, cursed him to become a vampire. After wandering the earth, an outcast and a drifter, Caine met Lillith, who taught him how to turn mortals. Caine at first refused to create others like him, as he believed it was wrong to spread his curse to innocents. Soon growing bored with his own company, Caine turned three mortals, Enoch (his son), Irad, and Zallah. In turn, these three made 13 each like them, known as the Antediluvians. Caine forbade the group to make moer like them, and made the first city. It was destroyed in what some call a natural disaster, but it was really the rage and never-ending war the Antediluvians waged with eachother. Caine and his second-generation childer disappeared into the wastes after the fall of the city, leaving the Antediluvians to run amok. They did, turning more like them in a crazy fashion.

Now, more than two thousand years later,
the original Antediluvians have separated into several different clans. The Camarilla contain only seven of these. The fall of the Las Angeles elders in 2004 prompted a new one to arise. One did, and the turmoil surrounding the city has only just ended. Several years ago, in 2012, a profecy emerged, stating that Caine will be born again, and can help or hinder any of the many sects of vampires alive today.

Now, seventeen years later, the Sabbat have identified the Dark Father. Spies claim that Caine was reborn as a female, but there is no credible proof.
Should the Sabbat capture Caine before the Camarilla, they will become the most powerful sect that ever walked the night. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, which you will, is this: Find Caine, and bring her to Prince Sylvain in the city of Las Vegas, Nevada.

Your Prince,
Sylvain
123.jpg

Your Character Sheet, young searcher:
Name:
Clan (Tremere, Gangrel, Malkavian, etc.):
Height:
Weight:
Appearance:
Personality:
Favorite weapon (Don't go crazy, guys):
Generation (No earlier than 7 or 8):
Reason for searching Caine (Money, power, 'cause Sylvain told you to, etc):
Can you post at least once every two days, with a min. of 2 paragraphs?:

Here's mine
Name: Caine Peregrine
Clan (Tremere, Gangrel, Malkavian, etc.): Technically, all of them, though the individual powers are inherent to the clan, not Caine. I'm prepared to debate this.
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 110 lbs
Appearance:
123.jpgNot too hard to find, right? Most of the time, Caine looks like this:123.jpg
Personality: From the day she arrived, she didn't know anything of who she was. She spent all seventeen years believing she was a normal human just passing through the different foster homes. Completely normal, save for the whole blood thing...
Favorite weapon (Don't go crazy, guys): Doesn't have one :D
Generation (No earlier than 13): 1 (This is Caine, after all)
Reason for searching Caine (Money, power, 'cause Sylvain told you to, etc): To find an introspective view about her. So profound~!
Can you post at least once every two days, with a min. of 2 paragraphs?: Yepperoo~!

CHECK ABOVE OFTEN FOR FIXES AND NEW INFO!!!!

I used to play a Malkavian in some rp forum a whiles back. I'll also ask around for a few others.

Edit: I recommend you apply the unofficial patch to VTMB. Easily one of my favourite games of all time.

umm...i havent played Masquerade...i started with Requiem...could you tell me the short version of the differences...like the clans...cuz for Requiem, some of those clans became bloodlines...

Masquerade is known to me but I am a little fuzzy on the details as well.

Clans:

BRUJAH
The Brujah are inheritors of a majestic and ancient legacy, which is unfortunate. Tonight's Brujah seem less like a clan and more like a mob. Punks, terrorists, revolutionaries, criminals, gangbangers and the like make up the Brujah; the clan seems to be united in nothing save its contempt for the institutions of vampire and mortal society. Well, this is not entirely true; Clan Brujah are among the most savage vampires, and the most trivial slight or annoyance may trigger a howling Brujah frenzy.

The Brujah's disunity keeps the clan tenuously in the Camarilla, but Brujah thugs routinely defect to the anarchs, the better to strike against their hated elders. Even the "tamer" Brujah annoy the elders and princes routinely through acts of defiance and rebellion. Despite their recalcitrance, however, Brujah are valued as warriors; they are perhaps the most dangerous vampires in a straightforward battle. To anger a Brujah is nigh suicidal - and Brujah are notorious for their tempers.

GANGREL
Of all vampires, the Gangrel are perhaps closest to their inner nature. These nomadic loners spurn the constraints of society, preferring the comfort of the wilderness. How they avoid the wrath of the werewolves is unknown; perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the Gangrel are themselves shapeshifters. When a mortal speaks of a vampire changing into a wolf or a bat, she is probably speaking of a Gangrel.

Like the Brujah, Gangrel are fierce warriors; unlike the Brujah, Gangrel ferocity does not stem from anarchic rage, but from animalistic instinct. Gangrel have a keen understanding of the Beast in their souls, and prefer to spend their nights in communion with the animals whom they so emulate.

MALKAVIAN
At first glance, the members of Clan Malkavian do not appear to be a clan at all; they are chosen from all races, creeds and social strata. But Malkavians, regardless of mortal standing, bear one disturbing commonality: They are all quite mad. Whether from the clan's choice of victims, the circumstances of the Embrace, or some property in Malkavian blood itself, all Malkavians go insane shortly after the transformation (if they were not insane to begin with).

Accordingly, many Malkavians find themselves pariahs, ostracized by a vampiric society fearful of their random urges and capricious whims. Wiser Kindred, however, prefer to keep the madmen close at hand: Behind the Malkavians' lunatic cackling and feverish rantings lie smatterings of insight, even wisdom.

NOSFERATU
Caine's childer are called "The Damned," and no vampires embody this more than do the wretches of Clan Nosferatu. While other vampires still look human and may travel in mortal society, Nosferatu are twisted and deformed by the curse of vampirism. To put it bluntly, the Embrace transforms them into hideous monsters. Unable to walk among humans, Nosferatu must dwell in subterranean sewers and catacombs. Other vampires revile Nosferatu, considering them disgusting and interacting with them only when they must.

Because of this stigma, however, Nosferatu are survivors par excellence. Few creatures, mortal or vampire, know the city's back alleys and dark corners like the Nosferatu do. Additionally, Nosferatu have refined the crafts of sneaking and eavesdropping to fine arts; if anyone or anything has the latest dirt on mortal or vampiric society, it is the Nosferatu. Finally, millennia of shared deformity and abuse have fostered strong bonds among the monsters. Nosferatu forego the squabbling and feuds ubiquitous to the other clans, preferring to work in unison. You mess with one, you mess with 'em all - and that can get messy indeed.

TOREADOR
The Toreador are called many things - "degenerates," "artistes," "poseurs," and "hedonists" being but a few. But any such mass categorization does the clan a disservice. Depending on the individual and her mood, Toreador are alternately elegant and flamboyant, brilliant and ludicrous, visionary and dissipated. Perhaps the only truism that can be applied to the clan is its members' aesthetic zeal. Whatever a Toreador does, she does with passion. Whatever a Toreador is, she is with passion.

To the Toreador, eternal life is to be savored. Many Toreador were artists, musicians or poets in life; many more have spent frustrating centuries producing laughable attempts at art, music or poetry. Toreador share the Ventrue's love of high society, though not for them the tedium of actually running things - that's what functionaries are for, darling. Toreador know that their place is to captivate and inspire - through their witty speech, graceful deeds, and simple, scintillating existence.

TREMERE
Even among vampires, the insular Clan Tremere bears a reputation for treachery. This reputation is well earned; the Tremere were formerly a cabal of human wizards who, hungering for immortal life, wrested the secrets of vampirism from unwilling Kindred. Such vile deeds earned the clan a sinister reputation; even today, certain vampire clans would love nothing better than to destroy the entire Tremere line.

Nonetheless, Clan Tremere holds a place in the Camarilla, for its members were instrumental in suppressing the Inquisition and supporting the Masquerade. Then, too, the Tremere have proved themselves dangerous enemies - and powerful allies. Tremere still practice a version of the arcane arts they studied in life, and so these "warlocks" use their sorcerous powers in service to the Camarilla almost as much as they use the Camarilla in service to themselves.

VENTRUE
Elegant, aristocratic and regal, the Ventrue are the lords of the Camarilla. It was Clan Ventrue that provided the cornerstone of the Camarilla, and it is Clan Ventrue that directs and coaxes the Camarilla in its darkest hours. Even in the modern age, the majority of princes descend from Clan Ventrue. The Ventrue would, of course, have things no other way. In the tradition of noblesse oblige, the Ventrue must lead the other clans for their own good.

In ancient nights, Ventrue were chosen from nobles, merchant princes or other wielders of power. In modern times the clan recruits from wealthy "old-money" families, ruthless corporate climbers, and politicians. Although Ventrue move in the same social circles as the Toreador, they do not fritter away their existences in frivolity and idle chatter. The Ventrue proudly wear the privileges of leadership, and stoically bear its burdens. Thus has it always been; thus shall it always be.

Ha! Was that taken from the game?

One question: gen 13 is already pretty thin blooded. Are you asking characters to be on the thin blooded side?

Name: Hsung Chung Li

Clan (Tremere, Gangrel, Malkavian, etc.): Malkavian

Height:
5' 10''

Weight:
145 lbs.

Appearance:kungfo.jpg

Personality:
Hsung laughs........ a lot. At almost anything he will laugh. That and it seems at most times he is drunk on something. However it keeps him happy and that is a good thing, because even though he doesn't get mad very easily when he does Hsung is destructive and his enemies turn in to pulp. But he is a taoist so he is usually calm and content, not letting things get to him. He ends up spouting wisdom at odd times yet the advice seems to be true and helpful. Hsung is also well versed in philosophy and martial arts. He is in the belief that you must strength the mind with the body to get the best overall results. In a nutshell Hsung is a happy, fun loving, semi-insane, surprisingly wise vampire that is good in a fight if need be.

Favorite weapon (Don't go crazy, guys):
A jian (chinese straight sword) named Arnith. Arnith is a sword that sports a black blade with sharp emerald green edges and a white hilt with red vine-like designs wrapping around it. Has a scabbard matching the hilt.

Generation (No earlier than 7 or 8):

Reason for searching Caine (Money, power, 'cause Sylvain told you to, etc):
Because the prospect of learning how and why this has happened is to intriguing to pass up.

FACEPALM! GOMENASAI! I fixed it! ^$#7%$&#

WARNING! POST CHARACTER SHEETS BY 4PM NEXT FRIDAY! THREAD WILL BE POSTED BY THE END OF TODAY! AFTER DEADLINE, SIGNUPS WILL BE CLOSED, AND I WILL ASK YOU DO NOT POST IF YOU HAVEN'T SIGNED UP! THANK YOU!

http://www.iwakuroleplay.com/showthread.php?t=10106&p=244634#post244634

Sorry that I'm on the fence about this. I had wanted to play a Malkavian but I fear that the scope of the RP might narrow too significantly.

I think that as long as you make your character significantly different from anyone elses, like if you have a malkavian, then make sure he/she is a different brand of crazy.

will be posting character on wednesday...that is my next day off...sorry...