3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, SciFi, Modern, Magical
Snapchat-1915733914.jpg

To live the Unlife of a Kindred is to live conflict. It is intrinsic to us, evident externally in the struggle between the mutually antagonistic sects the Camarilla and the Sabbat, with the Anarchs unwillingly caught in the crossfire, and evident internally, a matter of continued existence as we restrain our beastly nature that rages to be set free against our predators and prey alike. There is competition between the Clans, each pursuing some obtuse and often unknowable goal to the detriment of the others while simultaneously relying on their enemies. Within even the Clans, Elders and Childer fight, seeking their own betterment, an increase in their own power.

Yet at times, Kindred of disparate backgrounds find themselves with the same goal, needing companionship from enemies the same as allies. At such times, even the Veil might shake, leaving the night walkers desperate for the understated fear of Unlife.

Houston, Texas is a bustling hub of economic activity. The Toreador Clan-led Camarilla keep close eye on the movements of goods and services, and on the Sabbat thugs who seek to undermine and uproot their carefully laid machinations. There is regular action between them, the ports to the Gulf of Mexico a location of regular contention due to the heavy traffic of goods via ocean lanes. The Anarchs, for better or for worse, have here been left mostly alone; the inner city Wards a haven from Kindred sects and Kine police alike, they conduct business with little trouble and rarely get involved in politics.

But the status quo is being disrupted, and the Camarilla Prince has called for representatives from all Clans regardless of affiliation. Catatonia has began to affect the Lunatics, the Malkavians, on a wide scale, even striking those who might have never suffered from it before. And with the mental strength their subconscious collectivity possesses, who's to say what might keep this madness from spreading beyond their Clan…?

∆∆∆​

A good evening to you all. Vampires have always captured the imagination well, but the execution in pop culture has often lacking in subtlety and finesse. The World of Darkness' "Vampire: the Masquerade" manages to do this, not only with vampires, but other creature of dark fantasy: werewolves, wraiths, mages, prometheans (think Frankenstein's monster), and changelings (faefolk). In this particular game, we'll be focusing on the vampires, though others of varying kinds may show up throughout.

This is of course a pre-existing world, filled with seemingly endless lore that is very easy to get sucked into. Should we find enough people interested, I will be providing links to relevant information rather than outright typing it, due to a full RL schedule and finding it silly to say badly what others have already said very well. Post length will be at least two paragraphs long, and though I won't demand flawless command of the English language and its grammar (lest I find myself a hypocrite), I will expect competency. I would like a post a week, though I understand needing a fortnight. Communication, as in all things, will be key, and I will provide a Discord server for OOC discussion. In the meantime, please feel free to ply me with questions below.

If this piqued your interest, please let me know. These Nights are perhaps marginally more safe in the presence of allies, and perhaps, even friends.

Last edited:
I am down for this! Is it anime FCs or RL FCs?

Reactions: Red Thunder
I am down for this! Is it anime FCs or RL FCs?
Real life face claims, though I'm good for realistic artwork, if you find something that is suitably modern-gothic or the like to fit.

But no; no anime. If this generates enough interest (say, four to six people who can create a quality character sheet), it will be a more realistic setting (as far as vampires can be), and I find that even something as otherwise mundane as a cartoon (anime; whatever) FC can give a wrong subconscious expectation.

Reactions: Akashi
I got first tag and I gotta read this more but as far as I read I’m down lol

I'm super excited for the new game, but my lore on Vampire is suuuper rusty, it's been sometime, but I'm intrigued :)

I AM DOWN.

I am down like a clown

At least five interested. Excellent.

And @Huntress, so long as you are willing to do the research needed for your particular build of a character, I'm happy to help in anyway I can.

All, don't cling too terribly tightly to established events, as such. I'm going to try to build the story as independently as possible, so as to eliminate as many variables as possible.

And anyway, with said expressed interest, I will get cracking on CS, OOC, etc. Ideally, I'll gave something out in two weeks, hopefully sooner; I don't want to lose your interest.

In the meantime, I'm happy to aid in brainstorming. Does anyone have questions?

Are you still taking people interested? Haven't played the game in ages. But recently played an Indie Game on the Xbox called Vampry and it's got me interested in some vampire fun.

Are you still taking people interested? Haven't played the game in ages. But recently played an Indie Game on the Xbox called Vampry and it's got me interested in some vampire fun.
Most certainly. It won't be a first come / first served scenario. I'll be giving a set of prerequisites for the character sheet and seeing who submits a character that best fits with a) the other characters, and b) with the plot/setting.

Any kind of close date for accepting new sheets will be posted on the future CS thread.

• Useful
Reactions: Moonstone
Interested, however I know almost nothing within the world of Vampire The Masquerade. I was always a Blade/Under World type vampire guy. One question, do hunters exist in this universe?

Interested, however I know almost nothing within the world of Vampire The Masquerade. I was always a Blade/Under World type vampire guy. One question, do hunters exist in this universe?
They do, very much so. And it's entirely possible/likely that your vamps will run into them.

As to reference, as long as you're willing to put in a little footwork regarding basic research regarding the scope of your own character, you'll be good. Especially considering that, imo, Underworld absolutely took huge inspiration from the World of Darkness in many ways. Just add vampire sub-species (Clans), and you basically have World of Darkness, certainly as regards the Kindred.

They do, very much so. And it's entirely possible/likely that your vamps will run into them.

As to reference, as long as you're willing to put in a little footwork regarding basic research regarding the scope of your own character, you'll be good. Especially considering that, imo, Underworld absolutely took huge inspiration from the World of Darkness in many ways. Just add vampire sub-species (Clans), and you basically have World of Darkness, certainly as regards the Kindred.

Great, would it be possible to reserve a spot as a hunter?

Ah, sorry; in WoD, "Hunter" is a human who hunts supernatural creatures, and specifically vampires. Not sure whether that's the case for Blade.
Anyway, by the definition, no Hunters are allowed, as all character's will be Kindred of varying Clans. And no reservations; once the CS thread is put up, you're welcome to submit one for approval! This RP will not be first come / first served.

Ah, sorry; in WoD, "Hunter" is a human who hunts supernatural creatures, and specifically vampires. Not sure whether that's the case for Blade.
Anyway, by the definition, no Hunters are allowed, as all character's will be Kindred of varying Clans. And no reservations; once the CS thread is put up, you're welcome to submit one for approval! This RP will not be first come / first served.

No, in Marvel Comics, vampires are a mix of the supernatural in combination with a cancerous type disease which forces those infected to feed off blood. Blade is a Dhampir from birth who had his powers augmented by Morbius the Living Vampire, who is not a supernatural creature. As such, Blade possesses all the strengths of a vampire but none of their weaknesses, making him one of the most efficient and lethal hunters in Marvel Comics, lol. But getting back on topic, the hunters in this RP will all be NPC's controlled by the GM, if I'm understanding you correctly?

No, in Marvel Comics, vampires are a mix of the supernatural in combination with a cancerous type disease which forces those infected to feed off blood. Blade is a Dhampir from birth who had his powers augmented by Morbius the Living Vampire, who is not a supernatural creature. As such, Blade possesses all the strengths of a vampire but none of their weaknesses, making him one of the most efficient and lethal hunters in Marvel Comics, lol. But getting back on topic, the hunters in this RP will all be NPC's controlled by the GM, if I'm understanding you correctly?
Correct. The PCs will all be vampires; any other creatures they may come across, be they humans (Hunters are in this category), werewolves, wraiths, etc, will be NPCs.

Reactions: Chris_Reaper
I have a working consideration for the character I would like to play. Now I am ready to create. Well patiently create.

Ok as a bit of a newbie to the entire World Of Darkness universe, I just watched an excellent documentary on the history of Vampire: The Masquerade. Check it out...

World Of Darkness