Vampire: The Masquerade - BECOMING

Looks like we're two players down, then. Balls.

I'll put up an advert somewhere, and if you fine motherfuckers fancy asking anyone on the site you know likes the Vampire if they wanna join, that'd be great.

Ocha and I were talking abut being bad and looking at our backup characters...

If no one is found.

Don't worry about holding the next GM post on my account. At this point, I'm holding off any response from Vincent until the Baron identifies what it is that he wants.

Jolly good; Vincent is sitting being all mysterious and Giovanni-ish.

I'll try to have a GM post up for this today at some point.

Okay, that'll be the last GM post for this chapter. If you guys want to fire in a couple more responses in, then we can get Chapter Two on the go.

I'm psyched. Shit is gonna go down in this next one.

Right, girls and boys, welcome to Chapter One. Where shit just got real.

Someone has just shot Harry Rothstein (who has also somehow caught fire) and two rather scary-looking vampires have just come bursting through the doors waving knives in a manner that does not suggest they want to be friends with you.

YES, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, IT'S VIOLENCE O'CLOCK.

You guys know the rules for V:tM's combat system, I'm guessing, but to streamline things a little bit for a forum set-up I'm changing things a little bit, as follows.

Everyone rolls INITIATIVE (Dexterity + Wits), but rather than it following the usual 'this guy's turn, then this guy's turn' method we'll go for a FIRST COME FIRST SERVED approach. That is to say, each of your rolls will count as a PLAYER TURN that anyone can take, mixed in with ENEMY TURNS where your attackers react, and so on. It'll look a little like this.

Player Turn
Player Turn
Enemy Turn
Player Turn
Enemy Turn
Player Turn
Player Turn

This should help speed up combat (which can drag out like fucking crazy in a forum setting) so we don't get bogged down in it and lose interest. I'm also gonna be bringing in a requirement for at least ONE POST A WEEK, so we keep the momentum of this fight going. If you can't post, let me know, or else you will be hijacked and so on.

RIGHT THEN, MOTHERFUCKERS, ROLL INITIATIVE.

[Eric has rolled 1 10 initiative.-sided dice with results: 8 [Total: 8 Average: 8]]

Add 6 and that gives me 14.

*tries out new forum dice roller* so Initiative is 5 plus...

Edit: FUCK!

We have a dice-roller on this site?

THE THINGS YOU LEARN.

Hell yeah, Deadward improvised chair weapons time!

Also way to set up a kickass unexpected scene duder.

Edit: HELL YEAH. +5 on that makes a fifteen.

Don't mean to double post, but if no one else is gonna roll I'mma go ahead and get my turn in.

Okay, still haven't heard from The Dead so it's hijack o'clock.

HERE IS THE PRETTY TURN ORDER FOR THIS LITTLE BOUT OF COMBAT:

1. PLAYER TURN (Deadward's Roll)
2. PLAYER TURN (Seven's Roll)
3. PLAYER TURN (Eric's Roll)
4. ENEMY TURN 1
5. ENEMY TURN 2
6. PLAYER TURN (Vincent's Roll)
7. PLAYER TURN (Alice's Roll)

Nicely spaced out, actually. Remember, it's first come, first served on the player rolls.

CWD, go ahead and get fightan'. We can go for the 'declare your actions in the OOC, see how the dice match up, then make your post' approach, that seems to work best now we have a sweet in-forum dice-roller. Remember the difficulty for Close Combat Attacks is 6.

Also, could someone show me how one uses the aforementioned sweet in-forum dice-roller?

Sorry guys, I got preoccupied with planetside ;.; I'll get a postin' today.

P.S. I can't remember, were we patted down before we entered the club.

You were not, no. So any fun bludgeoning/stabbing objects (provided they aren't too obvious; they won't have let you through the doors with a fucking katana strapped to your book, or some shit) you have are still in your possession, provided you brought them.

Make your post, then go back to your post like you're going to edit and hit the link that says more options. You get a choice of what the dice role is for and how many sides. Keep going back to that link for however many dice you have.

Rawkin' I'll get a post in on this sucka tonight! CHAIRS AND WRENCHBARS ALL UP IN PEOPLES FACES!

Wait... I'm tracking now. I thought we were freeforming here for a second.

Deadward is going to take hold of the chair below him and try to clothesline the leading goon making his way down the stairs. If I'm not mistaken that's Strength (3) + Melee (4) which would be 7 dice. There's probably some sort of negative for it being an improvised weapon but meh. Take off whatever negatives from the end of the roll list.

EDIT: Holy Jesus honey buckets. That's a lot of hits.

EDIT EDIT: I just realized we're not playing shadowrun. I am le dumb.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Fuck you imaginary dice.

Last edited by a moderator: