Vampire: The Masquerade - BECOMING

Okay, I've had a look through character sheets and messaged you guys about them. Just a few things to add, and they're all good.
[MENTION=1220]Duchess_Bastet[/MENTION], if you're still looking to get involved I'm happy to hold off on the IC for a couple days so you can get a character sheet up. Otherwise, we'll get this motherfucker running again soon.

alright I should have a character sheet up here today....just gonna check a couple more things...thanks for all the links ^_^

We's Can start now?

We can. Expect an IC to appear in the next day or so.
[MENTION=12]Ochalla[/MENTION], [MENTION=2097]ThE_DeAd[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1337]Julez Isabitch[/MENTION] need to get equipment and the new stuff added to their sheets (spoke to Vay about it on Skype, so I think he's all gewd), but other than that you're all sorted. [MENTION=1220]Duchess_Bastet[/MENTION], will you still be joining us for this?

I'll take care of it soon, busy with apartment searches and whatnot.

is this still open for new members??? I do a World of Darkness LARP, and would LOOOVE to play one of my characters in here

You're just in time to get involved; jump on in.

The OOC's pretty fucking huge, so just so you definitely know we're using the 20th Anniversary rules for Vampire.

are there limits on Gen and Age, and starting stats etc?

EDIT: It will just decide whether or not I play my Toreador, or another character concept

When I try to edit my post is comes up with a blank box instead of retaining my original content. I'm working on it I just need to recode EVERYTHING.

settling for my younger Ventrue who I am LARPing currently

TOOT TOOT, MOTHERFUCKERS.

There are limits on generation, yes; 13th/Neonate only. The plot for this relies on the characters being newcomers to London's Kindred society, and any older Vampire types would kind of fuck that up. Other than that go nuts.

Though not literally.

That would make you a Malkavian. And people playing Malkavians concern me.

out of the three characters I've LARPed, two were Malkavians, and this Ventrue is still more complex.

((Forgot to add my freebie points and editing completely messed with shit, so I just re-did it))

Ren iwaku.jpg
Name: Ren Wakahisa
Age (upon Embrace): 24
Clan: Ventrue
Nature: Competitor
Demeanour: Defender
Generation: 13th

Faction: Camarilla
Personality: While outwardly exceedingly well-behaved, and demure, this Ventrue has many many layers. His respect for authority almost entirely feigned, he is constantly seething inside, waiting for his chance to win. As with every Kindred, he has his Vulnerabilities, to which he refuses to admit.
Reputation: Wakahisa is a fascinating new Ventrue. While being relatively new to the area, he is very skilled at what he does. He moved to the area, after being very influential in the Domain of San Fransico, where he underwent his accounting. He's a bit of a wild card, in a place like London, what could he hope to accomplish? What is he even capable of?
History: ((I'm putting it in spoilers, because it is actually a big spoiler, and while it's a great plot point, I want to avoid meta-gaming if possible. Read at your own risk)) [SPOILI]Wakahisa Ren: Son of Wakahisa Akira, and a renowned young inheritor to a very successful business. Wakahisa, no older than sixteen at the time, singlehandedly took his father's business from merely successful, to one of the highest of its order in Japan (save for the "Big Six" of the Keiretsu). This prodigy of a businessman, in the highest swing of his success, took a crazy step, and decided to relocate to America, and personally build his business there. It was very successful for a good number of years until this prosperous Japanese businessman seemed to vanish. His business was taken care of properly, though Wakahisa himself became secluded, having others carry the face of the company that held his name.
This is the story you will find, if you were to look up my name in any library, or online. That is the story, which the world knows. That is really all I'd like the world to know. My true story is far less glamorous. It is very far from the story of immediate success from nowhere that it sounds like. The truth of my life, is one of endless struggle, endless deception.
I was born in Kyoto to a British woman on the eleventh day of November 1931. The woman did not survive giving birth to me. I would say she was my mother, had the memory of her not been what caused the majority of my misery. The life of this woman gave me nothing, except my own life, and her death gave me nothing but my father's never ending spite. Spite, which was only strengthened by the fact that the child that had taken away his love's life, was female.
Yes. You read that correctly. I am not a man, and I never was, to my father's greatest disdain. He sought daily to change that fact of my biology, and turn me into a man. Every day he had me dressed as a son. No one, save for my father, myself, and one servant, ever knew my true gender. When I started to question it, the answers were beatings. Most mornings I would wake up in bed, with no memory of having gotten there, with many new bruises, and at least one or two new cuts that would inevitably scar.
On the subject of this servant, she was the one who did most of my caring for. She dressed me, put me to bed, and made sure I had food. She was really the only person in my memory who was actually kind to me. My father was rarely home, and when he was, we were at one another's throats. If there were other people around, they never knew me. The person they saw was "the son of Wakahisa", never just Ren.
I got very good at being a boy, though I knew, when I was rather small, that it wasn't who I was. I was a proper young gentleman in the eyes of the public. When I was fourteen, my father put me into an elite private school, where other children of prosperous families went to school. I was able to create a businesslike relationship with quite a few of the young men, and even one or two of the girls, but sometimes I just couldn't behave properly. I was not someone bred for friendship. At least that's the excuse I tell myself. If I get too close to any one person, I become temperamental, and sometimes abusive. Wonder where I picked up that pattern.
Thus was how I spent my adolescence, either avoiding or arguing with my father, keeping up a charade that was his duty to dispel. I would not lose to him by spilling my guts like a weakling. Somehow, that's how it always was to me. He was my rival, and to best him, I had to have him admit to the world that I was female. It didn't change anything about me. Hell, I'm more comfortable in pants than I'd ever be in a dress, but still. If he would have just admitted it, I would have been satisfied. However, the fucker had to go and die of a stroke when I was sixteen.
You might think, oh, so you took the opportunity to announce that your father was an asshole, and that you are female, right? Hell no. Even with the rival gone, the game he played with me was still afoot. I doubted that anyone would believe if I announced my true sex, unless I showed up to a press conference unbound and in a skirt, and first of all, that would be very uncomfortable, and secondly at the point when you are already the owner of a successful business, it would just be very, very bad publicity. Thus, I lived on as the son of the late Wakahisa Akira, new CEO of Wakahisa Co.
It was, after the life of training I had being the despised, female, but still, only child of Wakahisa, very simple putting things in proper order, and bringing my father's business to the top. It was a much easier game than that which I played with my father. Those who were above me were nothing to me, and I was able to keep morale with my subordinates much, much better than my father ever had. My biggest asset was my ability to feign respect for those whom I only had reason to beat.
A few years later, in the middle of 1949, I relocated to America. It was a simple premise. Their economy was bouncing back after a depression. There were still many looking for employment, and who better to provide than a highly successful company, like mine? I almost enjoyed starting out as a bit of a nobody. A rich nobody, of course, but still, the name Wakahisa was maybe even a whisper among those who had immigrated before me. I enjoyed making my way up to the top from nothing but capital and a name. In America, it was a whole new game. The masque of respect got me much farther as the magnitude of respect wasn't a given part of the corporate environment. Sure, respect was given, but never to the same degree the Japanese had given it.
Within four years, I became successful in the San Francisco area, though the restrictions on business were a bit tighter in America, so I couldn't conquer the way I had hoped to. For another year, I remained on the pinnacle of regulated-just-about-equal-with-other-strong-companies-in-my-field, and had achieved the attention of some other accomplished businessmen.
The most interesting of the men in question insisted on having dinner with me to discuss my business strategies, etc. He always seemed to be on edge, as though others were watching him. I was able to identify such obfuscation easily in my experience with hiding. After a few months of having dinner once a week, and dancing carefully around discussing strategy without revealing all, he seemed to have decided something. There was a sense of finality in that last dinner we'd had together, as colleagues.

Let me explain something to you. This man clearly found me fascinating, however, I could tell there was something else, keeping him with the routine of scheduling dinner somewhere public, and where there were many people of high standing around, so we didn't stand out, but if anything untoward were to occur, it would be very high in the news. I knew this man had an ulterior motive for keeping me close. It was late June, in 1954, when I discovered this motive.
He invited me back to his home, which was odd, as we'd both been going our separate ways after the meal until that point. I agreed as to not be rude, though I'm certain he knew I was suspicious, but he seemed to have something else on his mind. We made it to his home, and he opened a bottle of wine, and poured us both a drink. He seemed more at ease in his own home, but it took a few glasses of wine, for me to loosen up, myself. I remember thinking it was odd. Had he ever refilled his glass? He must have. He kept taking sips, but it remained full. After the majority of the bottle was gone, (and I realize now, that I had been the one to drink it all) he told me a little bit of a story. One of vampires, and other creatures, of clans and hierarchies, and I know I was almost convinced it was real when he finished with. "Mr. Wakahisa, your name means 'forever young'. Did you want to live up to that? Do you want to live forever?"
I was heavily inebriated at the time, and I remember a dull alarm going off in the back of my head that things were dangerous, but the alcohol prevented my brain from properly registering that fact. "Who doesn't?" I responded.
"Because, with what I just told you, you will have to end your mortal life, tonight."
I remember coming to the dreadful realization that he was serious at that point. I attempted to stand up, but the alcohol made me dizzy, and I had to lean on the table, my bound chest not assisting the matter at all. "You're crazy." I remember saying, though I am not sure if the words were in English or Japanese.
After that, I don't remember much until waking up. It was as if I was in a memory. My chest was unbound, and I was in a bed, not where I remember being when I blacked out, but unlike waking up after a beating, there were no new scars, only a memory of teeth piercing my neck, and an intense, ravenous hunger, burning the inside of my throat. I was myself, but I wasn't, and I knew that I had become a creature of that man's stories, as he had been the whole time I knew him.
From there, I went into accounting, having to, for the most part, neglect my business, though I was promised it was being at the very least maintained. I was in accounting for a little more than five decades, having finished the Agoge completely less than a decade ago, I am finally able to handle my affairs autonomously. I, and my two ghouls have come to London, with the intent of making my company international once more, though, in respectable domains of the Camarilla.[/SPOILI]

ATTRIBUTES
Attributes
Physical
Strength:
[*][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Dexterity:
[*]
[*][ ][ ][ ]
Stamina:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*][ ]
Social
Charisma:
[*][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Manipulation:
[*]
[*]
[*][ ][ ]
Appearance:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*][ ]
Mental
Perception:
[*]
[*]
[*][ ][ ]
Intelligence:
[*]
[*]
[*][ ][ ]
Wits:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*][ ]

ABILITIES
Abilities
Talents
Alertness:
[*]
[*][ ][ ][ ]
Athletics:
[*][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Awareness:
[*]
[*][ ][ ][ ]
Brawl:
[*][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Empathy: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Expression: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Intimidation:
[*][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Leadership:
[*]
[*][ ][ ][ ]
Streetwise: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Subterfuge:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*][ ]
Skills
Animal Ken: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Crafts: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Drive:
[*][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Etiquette:
[*]
[*]
[*][ ][ ]
Firearms: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Larceny: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Melee: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Performance: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Stealth:
[*]
[*][ ][ ][ ]
Survival:
[*][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Knowledges
Academics: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Computer:
[*][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Finance:
[*]
[*][ ][ ][ ]
Investigation:
[*]
[*][ ][ ][ ]
Law:
[*]
[*][ ][ ][ ]
Medicine: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Occult: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Politics:
[*]
[*]
[*][ ][ ]
Science: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Technology: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

ADVANTAGES & ASSORTED STATS
Advantages
Disciplines
Fortitude:
[*]
[*][ ][ ][ ]
Presence:
[*][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Dominate:
[*][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Backgrounds
Herd:
[*][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Retainers:
[*]
[*][ ][ ][ ]
Rescources:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*][ ]
Virtues
Conscience:
[*]
[*][ ][ ][ ]
Self-Control:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*][ ]
Courage:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*][ ]

Willpower: XXXXX

Disadvantage: Refined tastes. Wakahisa can only take the blood of business people of Asian descent, up to three generations mixed.

Blood Pool: xxx

equipment: Stats copied from WoD Canon Index
Ancient Samurai sword, in display in Wakahisa home. Family heirloom, is not trained in its use:
Muscle Car3121526 (35 mph)110 (75 mph)220 (150 mph)

<tbody>
</tbody>

I just noticed we have a Camarilla Lasombra in our midst.. that's a bit rare... wonder how the Ventrue will respond...

Okay, taking a leaf out of Asmo's book I'm going to try something I haven't before in a P&P RP run on this forum. GMPCs make me nervous, given how easily they can be abused, but going by the success we had running D&D using one I'd say that can help in contexts such as these; they're great for keeping the narrative flowing, for keeping the momentum up and such-like. I'll keep him simple, a more straightforward thug in comparison to the rest of you schemers and cunning types.

And apart from anything else, we need someone with some knowledge of applied violence; at the moment Deadward is the only one with any real combat skills.

[size=+1]Name: Sevens
Age (upon Embrace): 37
Clan: Brujah
Nature: Rebel
Demeanour: Curmudgeon
Generation: 13th

Faction: Anarch
Personality: 'Curmudgeonly asshole' would be a fair way to summarise the image that Sevens projects to Kindred society at large. Even before his Embrace he was a thin-skinned, ill-tempered individual, and being sired into the Brujah clan has done little to improve his disposition. Distrustful of Camarilla-aligned vampires as well as Independents, Sevens sticks to the Anarch circles around London, though he still maintains friends and contacts amongst the motorcycle groups he was once a part of.
- Peter Barreck, Toreador Neonate

"Cunt."
- Oscar Barr, Ventrue Courtier

"Total cunt."
- Nick Gladstone, Toreador Nightclub Owner

"Cunt I'm glad is on my side."
- 'Pretty Boy', Nosferatu Information Broker

"True brother to the cause. Just... don't call him a cunt to his face. Won't end well for you."
- Crank, Brujah Anarch
History: A few decades ago, at the end of the 1980's, Sevens was running with the Hell's Angels; he still wears his cut as a testament to where he came from. His idealistic, rebellious streak and his ability to beat seven shades of hell out of people who pissed him off caught the eye of a Brujah Elder named Disraeli.

Sired into the clan of fallen princes and noble rebels, Sevens has recently been raised to the status of Neonate by his sire. Though ostensibly one of the old guard of London's Anarch faction, he maintains good relations with some of the newer members such as those aligned with Baron Harry Rothstein in Camden.

[size=+2]ATTRIBUTES[/size]
Physical
Strength: [*][*][*][*][ ]
Dexterity: [*][*][*][ ][ ]
Stamina: [*][*][*][ ][ ]
Social
Charisma: [*][*][ ][ ][ ]
Manipulation: [*][*][ ][ ][ ]
Appearance: [*][*][ ][ ][ ]
Mental
Perception: [*][*][*][ ][ ]
Intelligence: [*][*][ ][ ][ ]
Wits: [*][*][*][ ][ ]

[size=+2]ABILITIES[/size]
Talents
Alertness: [*][*][*][ ][ ]
Athletics: [*][*][*][ ][ ]
Awareness: [*][*][ ][ ][ ]
Brawl: [*][*][*][ ][ ]
Empathy: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Expression: [*][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Intimidation: [*][*][ ][ ][ ]
Leadership: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Streetwise: [*][*][ ][ ][ ]
Subterfuge: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Skills
Animal Ken: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Crafts: [*][*][ ][ ][ ]
Drive: [*][*][*][ ][ ]
Etiquette: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Firearms: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Larceny: [*][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Melee: [*][*][*][ ][ ]
Performance: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Stealth: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Survival: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Knowledges
Academics: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Computer: [*][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Finance: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Investigation: [*][*][ ][ ][ ]
Law: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Medicine: [*][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Occult: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Politics: [*][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Science: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Technology: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

[size=+2]ADVANTAGES & ASSORTED STATS[/size]
Disciplines
Celerity: [*][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Potence: [*][*][ ][ ][ ]
Presence: [*][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Backgrounds
Domain: [*][*][ ][ ][ ] (1 dot to Security)
Resources: [*][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Allies: [*][*][ ][ ][ ]
Virtues
Conscience: [*][*][*][ ][ ]
Conviction: [*][*][*][ ][ ]
Courage: [*][*][*][*][ ]

Disadvantage: The same passions that inspire Brujah to greatness or depravity, left unchecked, can send them into incandescent rages: the difficulties of rolls to resist or guide frenzy are two higher than normal. Additionally, a Brujah may never spend Willpower to avoid frenzy, though he may spend a point of Willpower to end a frenzy that has already begun.

Humanity: [*][*][*][*][*][*][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Willpower: [*][*][*][*][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Blood Pool: x x x x x
[Grumpy has rolled 1 10-sided dice with results: 5 [Total: 5 Average: 5]]
[Grumpy enters.] -06:45 Jan 26
[Chat Cleared by: System::Timeout (No Users)] -11:23 Jan 24

[size=+2]EQUIPMENT[/size]
Harley-Davidson Motorcycle, 1980's Model

Bowie Knife
[/size]

[size=+4]IT'S GO TIME, CHUCKLEFUCKS.[/size]

Okay, we're going to follow a similar manner of introduction (only hopefully this time I'll make it work); for the next week we're in the Introduction Period, where nothing major plotwise will happen but you can all get your characters into the mix, maybe start interacting. Make sure your character has made it to the Elysian Fields by 20th Saturday, and we'll be good.

If you want to make any rolls message me and we'll get it done.

Added in Equipment, Appearance, got the path in, and.... I think that's all you wanted from me, Grumps, take a look.

Headsup: Ocha and I have agreed that the conversation in the old IC happened before the start of this RP.