Status
Not open for further replies.

Hana

wandering thoughts
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status

cronus.round.png

The Blood That Binds Us is a post-canon Vampire Knight roleplay. Conceptualized and developed by Hana, the roleplay will feature the supernatural world of Vampire Knight - and go beyond what is seen in the manga. Suspense will be rife in the glamorous and mystical world of the vampires, the gritty yet relatable lives of the hunters, and the sometimes insignificant, sometimes changing parts that even the normal humans play. Romance is also encouraged and accepted, but not the primary focus of the roleplay. It aims for the darkly romantic, the atmospheric suspense, at times both touching and saddening. Follow the lives of the people left, so long after the aftermath of Vampire Knight.

Group | Character Album | Interest Check

Red-Rose-Divider2.gif

cronus.round.png

• Students are required to keep up to date with ongoings in the school. Click on the tabs!
  • CrossAcademyMapSmall.jpg

• 16glrb7.jpg

k0ofhy.jpg

• 35coooz.jpg

• cronus.round.png

* signifies a NPC.

BOYS (left)
      Arthur Augustus Maximus III - Jun Yoshida*
      Kei Kiryuu- Akio Fukui

GIRLS (right)
      Okita Goro - Ayana Morizumi

• cronus.round.png

PUREBLOOD ROOMS (upstairs)
      Kin Shirabuki
      Masaru Shirabuki

BOYS (left)
      Akihiko Tsuruoka - Theodore Mercer

GIRLS (right)
      // - Kikena Aido
      Sayuri Shiki - Fei Lihua

• cronus.round.png

STAFF (upstairs)
      Henry Wayne
      Mr. Jay*
      Mr. Inkyu*
      Mr. Kai*
      Ms. Kojiki*

• cronus.round.png

STAFF (upstairs)
      Alucarn Tepes
      Reiner Weisenhart
      Mr. Vassago*
      Mr. Fantome*
      Mr. Kirin*
      Mr. Kuilei*
      Mr. Storm*
      Mrs. Kurotsuno*
      Ms. Milaia*
    • cronus.round.png

STAFF (downstairs)

HEADMASTER (upstairs)
      Kazuki Cross

• June 10th - Welcome to the start of the semester!
    *Opening Ceremony and Welcome Ball
Red-Rose-Divider2.gif

cronus.round.png

Purebloods
20pa2ds.png

[spoili]
wv37sg.png

[/spoili]

30trwaq.png

[spoili]
2zr2m4j.png
[/spoili]

15pr2o9.png

Aristocrats
1ht5zt.png

[spoili]
11m4wsn.png
[/spoili]

2bv5nr.png

3447775.png

2mre1yw.jpg

dm8kf6.jpg
Commons
-
Ex-Humans

2uhy82h.png

i2ko3l.png
Vampire Hunters

ea5x6x.png

2qt8z74.png

i2ko3l.png

33n86lx.jpg

wk2sky.jpg

n3lve8.jpg

iqzuz4.jpg

2ia3a07.jpg

300qvtf.jpg
Humans

213hyxe.png

90n7gm.jpg
Inactive
15pr2o9.png

ea5x6x.png

33n86lx.jpg

wk2sky.jpg

2bv5nr.png

NPCs
黒主 和希 理事長
Kazuki Cross - Headmaster of Cross Institute
2wf1lkp.jpg

白蕗 義明
Yoshiaki Shirabuki - Head of the Shirabuki Clan
2cmvfro.jpg

STAFF:
2wcky75.jpg

Mr. Vassago ウァサゴ 先生
Physcial Education and Fencing

28b7kt2.jpg

Mr. Fantome ファントーメ 先生
Fundamental Economics and Greek

2wd36o9.jpg
2ahe1s2.jpg

Mr. Inkyu インキュー 先生
French

2a8j9xy.jpg

Mr. Jay ジェイ 先生
Science and Digital Media

14cws41.jpg

Mr. Kai カイ 先生
Horseback Riding and Textiles

10qw6s5.jpg

Mr. Kirin 麒麟 先生
Mathematics

2vnf7fm.jpg

Mr. Kuilei 傀儡 先生
Geography and Martial Arts

25ytxtd.jpg

Mr. Storm ストーム 先生
Sports Science and Human Development and Kendo

2z4d0fk.jpg

Ms. Kojiki コジキ 先生
Musical Performance

2llhzqt.jpg

Ms. Milaia ミライアー 先生
Legal Studies and Home Economics

34t7bph.jpg

Ms. Kurotsuno 黒鶴 先生
Japanese and Traditional Art

STUDENTS:
24ypeeh_th.jpg
16j4izo.jpg

Red-Rose-Divider2.gif

cronus.round.png

Prologue
Arc 1: Cross Institute

• Love
Reactions: Mu
2ia3a07.png
Location - In front of Cross Institute
Interacting with - no one

Kei stood there in the ranks of the other day students. He was conscious of his outer demeanor he stood there like a soldier in the ranks only wearing a very convincing smile. He wanted to make sure he was putting his best foot forward for his first time at Cross Academy, he was like an Ambassador to a foreign country representing the Kiryu's. It was always in the back of Kei's mind to be the perfect example of a Vampire Hunter he could be. He felt he had a long road ahead of him in order to repair the damage Zero had made. "Tsk" he said under his breath, his phony smile replaced with a sour look. He realized what he did then went back to the stupid as he put it 'Shit eating Grin'.

As Kei stood there listening to the speech being made by the headmaster he couldn't help but look around, he was a vampire hunter after all. He looked in the surrounding buildings and could see red eyes watching over them. Kei instinctively reached for his weapon. His weapon was a long link chain that was attached to a sharp dagger. Kei stopped himself before he undid the button to reveal his weapon which he had Named Tartarus for the Greek prison used to hold the Titans, fitting for the ability that it held. Tartarus was able to restrain Vampires, stopping them dead in their tracks for a moment, giving him the chance to slay them with the dagger. Kei chuckled at the Visualization of a Titan or in this case a vampire held in a prison that he could control.

The longwinded speech seemed to drag on forever, that's when Kei noticed the nobles in the crowd. 'there they are. those are the most dangerous of the rest of the Vampires." Kei zeroed in on a brother and sister pair sharing an umbrella, 'he looks like he spoils her, I guess even blood suckers love their siblings.' As Kei continued to look around he started to pick out the other Hunters. Hunters had a general presence about them they are confident, borderline arrogant but at the same time paranoid waiting. He could see them check out their surroundings just as Kei did earlier. 'smart, you never know when a bad situation will turn worse.' as he watched he figured he had 8 comrade vampire hunters in this school. '8 plus me so 9. well 9 is a way better number than one so I guess I should be relieved but still.' Kei looked around at the red eyes in the crowd and in the buildings. 'if things were to breakout in a fight we would be pretty screwed.'

Reactions: Hana
n3lve8.jpg

@Ringmaster

Ayana had decided to keep her distance for now at least, she stood by idly watching the interactions between others around her. Her sight shifting between the red haired girl with armor, and the blonde haired boy and girl talking with the other boy that had approached them. Soon enough others joined their conversation, turning the small group into a tiny crowd of people. She could tell who was a vampire around her, but she didn't really know who any of them were. She had heard about a number of them if not all of them, and she felt she knew a decent amount about each family, but she could only guess who they actually were because she'd never seen anyone. The only one she was almost positive about was the red haired girl, she was a Shiki if she remembered correctly, a lot of Shiki's had red hair, she hadn't heard about any other family with that hair color.

Focused on the others around her she hadn't noticed someone approaching her, and she jumped the slightest bit when her eyes rested on the boy in front of her, she suppressed a soft chuckle when she saw him bowing to her. That was the first time she'd seen someone do that. She was under the assumption that a gesture like that was outdated at this point in time, but apparently not.

She looked at him for a few moments wondering if he was a vampire hunter, she knew he wasn't a vampire, and as she gave him a once over the realization hit her that he was a human. Nothing about him gave her a vibe that he might be a hunter, so she was pretty sure he was human. She grinned when she finally noticed that she hadn't responded to him yet, "I'm Ayana, it's nice to meet you Arthur." She went silent for a moment as if contemplating what she was going to say next before blurting out, "So you're a human right?" She quickly put a hand up to her mouth realizing what she said, her eyebrows knitting together as an apologetic look crossed her face not sure if what she said would offend him in some way. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say it like that. Sometimes I just say things without thinking, and I wasn't trying to offend you or anything. I mean if you're human there's nothing wrong with that. Humans are great, and if you're not I wasn't calling you weak looking or anything like that. Not that you look weak, or that humans or weak... and I should stop talking now." She rambled on, her words running together as she attempted to force all of her words out in a single breathe. 'Well that went great Ayana,' She mentally berated herself, 'You make it to school and manage to make a total idiot out of yourself in point three seconds, first introduction....zero out of ten.' "Sorry," She said shyly, hanging her head in defeat.​

Reactions: Ringmaster and Hana
"I think that's my cue to leave." Even though he wanted to get to know the really cute teacher and the nice pureblood, there seemed to be a bit too many people for his liking. "Okita, want to join me?" He didn't mind, but he had already spotted some other targets. There were two people, a girl with really nice red hair and another guy who seemed a little out of place. They seemed interesting to talk to. Glancing at Okita, he waited for her response.

iqzuz4.jpg

@Sen
@Danger
@Shounen Senpai
@Hana

In later years, Okita would develop a taste for cigars.

As she was still somewhat pure in terms of addictions, she pulled out a box of mints instead, offering one if they wished before taking one herself. Letting the sweetness roll over her tongue, she reviewed her first impression of the twins. What Hunter Household didn't know about them and what they were like? Sad as it was, it was their presence that had Okita on edge though she hid it well.

First time we've had all this going on- Open integration. You both probably had only each other for years, considering what might happen otherwise. And now here you two are, like some big pudding and everyone runs over, knife and spoon in hand to scoop as much of you as they can onto their plates.

It was once said that Okita had her mind not been taken by police work at an early age, might have very well worked as a diplomat. She merely lacked the appropriate language in which to cage her true meanings.

She hated diplomats,who ravished words, stripped of all true meaning and decency and then sent to walk the gutter for their games, although words such as 'synergistically' had probably been a whore from the start. At any rate, she saw enough. So with a smile and a nod of her head, she followed her best friend. Waiting till they were out of earshot before her sweet smile faded to a grim, twist of her mouth that she wore more often nowadays.

She smelled a rat.

And where there were rats, there was cheese somewhere to lure them.

"Nice kids. Where do you think the catch is?"
Focused on the others around her she hadn't noticed someone approaching her, and she jumped the slightest bit when her eyes rested on the boy in front of her, she suppressed a soft chuckle when she saw him bowing to her. That was the first time she'd seen someone do that. She was under the assumption that a gesture like that was outdated at this point in time, but apparently not.

She looked at him for a few moments wondering if he was a vampire hunter, she knew he wasn't a vampire, and as she gave him a once over the realization hit her that he was a human. Nothing about him gave her a vibe that he might be a hunter, so she was pretty sure he was human. She grinned when she finally noticed that she hadn't responded to him yet, "I'm Ayana, it's nice to meet you Arthur." She went silent for a moment as if contemplating what she was going to say next before blurting out, "So you're a human right?" She quickly put a hand up to her mouth realizing what she said, her eyebrows knitting together as an apologetic look crossed her face not sure if what she said would offend him in some way. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say it like that. Sometimes I just say things without thinking, and I wasn't trying to offend you or anything. I mean if you're human there's nothing wrong with that. Humans are great, and if you're not I wasn't calling you weak looking or anything like that. Not that you look weak, or that humans or weak... and I should stop talking now." She rambled on, her words running together as she attempted to force all of her words out in a single breathe. 'Well that went great Ayana,' She mentally berated herself, 'You make it to school and manage to make a total idiot out of yourself in point three seconds, first introduction....zero out of ten.' "Sorry," She said shyly, hanging her head in defeat.
213hyxe.png

@Cinna

He listened patiently, his expression one of stillness and curiosity. When she finished, he did the most unlikely reaction she might have expected.

Arthur chuckled. Not the contemptuous chuckle of ones superiority in a country hick, nor the sarcastic laugh one might have, lurking beneath the polite mask. Nor was it even the chuckle of a man who was humoring her. It was honest amusement, accented by twinkling eyes of forget-me-not blue as he grinned.

"How very fitting. Your name I mean- A name is a powerful thing, for all we put store by them. If you're curious, it means 'Pretty Flower'. Now that I think about it, its only half right. You're not a flower at all, though I suspect you enjoy the feel of the earth beneath your feet."

He had noticed the lack of shoes and the tanned skin one gets, with plenty of exercise in the fresh air. He grinned.

"Seeing how you're not in my crowd or the others, that leaves only one. You're from a Hunter family, yes?"

The young man nodded, eyes steadily meeting the new doctor's. He had heard of the new doctor, one Henry Wayne, a new addition to the staff. A tall and gangly man with long limbs, looking much more like a doctor than a hunter, though Theodore could see the grace in the man's movements. How strange that he acted so genial when he had a certain strength to him. And Henry Wayne also seemed a bit eccentric. Theodore tilted his head at the man. Yet he is a doctor. While people thought he never cared to listen to others, Theodore preferred to keep quiet about what he overheard. There was little point to declaring what he knew. "Very well, I shall endeavor to assist you in familiarizing yourself to the halls of this place. You may call me Theodore, Theodore Mercer, Doctor Wayne."

He firmly clasped the doctor's hand and shook it, his grip neither tight nor loose. Theodore let go after the introduction was done, nodding in the direction of the students. "I believe we are both hunters, Doctor Wayne. Before you gain any confusion or misconceptions, I am one of the two ex-human students that will be situated in this establishment." He spoke this all in a neutral, almost bored tone, pale golden-brown eyes flicking up to gaze at the late afternoon sky. Theodore's face could almost be described as uncaring, an apathy in his being, as the golden-orange light turned his hair into shades of reddish-gold and turned his eyes into cognac with his features all but carved from stone.

At least he could still walk under the same sun his family walked under. Not even being a vampire would take that away from him. "Let us wait for our Headmaster to finish with his speech, and proceed after."
2qt8z74.png

@Hana

"Ah, while we are on the subject of confusion Mr. Mercer?"

It was rare that Henry ever acted pushy. It was rather like being savaged by a beanbag.

Still, there was strength in his gaze, tempered by understanding as he flashed his smile.

"To answer your question, no...I am not a hunter. I haven't touched a weapon in years and do not intend to. The worlds has had its fill of bloodletting for me to continue in its traditions. Its why I do what I do." One hand tugged his labcoat briefly, as he winked and continued.

"What I am has never and will never, have any bearing as to who I am. And who I am, is a rather funny, skinny man who carries a carpetbag and needs proper exercise- I left it on the bus and had to dash after it see."

He smiled more kindly as he continued.

"Just as you are not a hunter- Here, you are a student in potentia I believe the saying is. You can be anything you dream of being, free of anyones chains but those you make for yourself. Its a great, wide future for you and everyone of the students here. I hope to see that potential put to good use."

Clumsy as the words were, the meaning was clear as he cleared his throat and looked about.

"I say, there are a lot of students here, yes? I do hope none of them visit me in an official capacity. And who's the chap who needs a haircut?"

He was looking with frank curiosity at Alucarn.

Reactions: Hana and Cinna
i2ko3l.png

@Ringmaster (Henry Wayne)
@Zero The Grim (Alucarn Tepes)

The boy's eyes slid languidly over to the doctor, a mild inquiry appearing in the blank depths. After introductions had all been said and done, he was never one to fill up the silence with idle talk, and was therefore surprised at the kindly doctor's follow-up to his words. So he once again held the other's gaze, surprised at the quiet strength behind the mild and affable eyes of the man... Theodore wondered if he should not have been, considering the doctor was no mere doctor.

You claim you are no hunter... Yet why do you still move like a man who has seen his share of fighting, good doctor?

"I see," he murmured, afterwards, feeling obligated to say anything in response. Theodore was a little puzzled at what Henry Wayne was trying to impart to him, but he couldn't detect any hint of malign in the man's voice. It was odd, how Doctor Wayne was more or less unaware of the scandal that shook the hunters recently, he realized. There had never been a vampire hunter forcibly turned into a vampire in so long, and the most famous victim had been Zero Kiryu. And I have heard that one of that line is coming here to study. His eyes widened, briefly gaining a strange sharpness to them as he heard the doctor continue. Not just a hunter?

He couldn't answer that. Theodore had lived all his life listening to his parents telling him he was a special boy, a special hunter to have grown so powerful from a usually small and unnoticeable hunter family. They had only taught him how to become a stronger hunter, stronger and stronger. Faster, stronger, better than almost everyone his age, a danger to others with his bladed knuckles and style of close-range combat that countered mid-range fighters. He hardly knew how to do anything else. The boy wasn't even quite sure of what his actual hobbies were after losing much of his usual activities. His chest oddly hurt at hearing Doctor Wayne proclaim he had potential, the boy looking down for a few seconds. "I will attempt at my best, Doctor Wayne." Yet he wasn't sure himself if he meant that. After everything he had done, it just felt a little pointless now.

At least the doctor seemed to be trying to make an effort. Theodore resisted the urge to sigh, that was unlikely of him and one of his old teammates, had she been here, would have him cuffed on the back of the head for that. "Hmm?" He followed the doctor's line of sight, turning around slightly on his feet to look back behind the gates that led into the school. Against one of the two towers on either side was a dark-haired man, and as Wayne put it, looked like in need of a haircut. "That man is Alucarn Tepes, sir. He hails from the Tepes line of Purebloods, but he himself is an Aristocrat," the boy murmured, eyes set on the tall and imposing figure clad in black, looking like a long dark shadow against the pale column of the tower behind him. This man, Henry Wayne couldn't possibly not recognize - or at least the Tepes name. "He is currently an instructor for the Night Class in this institute."

n3lve8.jpg

@Ringmaster

Ayana glanced up at Arthur when she heard him laughing at her, her eyebrow arched the slightest bit confusion written across her features. She hadn't expected him to start laughing at him, she'd expected him to walk away from her.... possibly call her weird, whatever the outcome she hadn't expected it to be that. She let out a small sigh figuring she'd gotten off easy with him just laughing at her.

"I've never known what my name meant before, you must be very intelligent to be able to spit out facts like that. Not many people would know that. Any particular reason you like researching name meanings?" She asked before glancing down at her feet, feeling slightly embarrassed once again. "Yeah, I guess I should probably invest in some shoes one of these days," She said shyly before continuing, "It's really different here compared to where I live. I don't have much use for shoes at home, but I guess it does seem a little weird to be the only one not wearing shoes here." She hadn't imaged how different life in Cross Institute could be, but she was finally starting to get a mental picture. At the moment, she felt out of place, and part of her wanted to go home. Though the other part of her was genuinely enjoying her conversation with Arthur. He was the first human she'd met, and so far she seemed to like him. She wondered if all humans were like him, the thought of getting to know him a little more being the only thing keeping her where she was.

She nodded her head with a small grin as she replied, "Yeah I am, I'm from a pretty reclusive family, so I've never actually been around a human before. Sorry I was so you know excitable. I couldn't help myself." She chuckled rubbing the back of her neck, "So, is this your first year here? If so, how's the knowledge of us going for you?"

300qvtf.jpg

[fieldbox=Akio Fukui, #9d8c0d, solid]
Once they were out of earshot, Akio let out a long sigh and ran a hand through his hair. "So many people here." He wouldn't admit it, he was a little nervous. "Honestly? No clue. There could be anything." Akio simply shrugged in response to Okita's question. He still had his eyes on the two nobles however, wanting to go talk to them. "I have to say though... I think I'm in love." The amber eyed male sighed dreamily. "That teacher looks so hot. Do you think he'd be interested?"

Akio usually liked to talk about his crushes to Okita, not really caring if anyone overheard. His crushes didn't usually last long, as he tended to act on them a bit too early. Which resulted in a harsh rejection. But for a guy such as Akio, it never usually bothered him for long and he was off with another crush.

As he watched the two from across the yard, he tried to decide what do to. He had found Okita, at least, but he wasn't sure how well she'd do around other nobles. He had a feeling it wouldn't go all too well, but it really depended on them. Glancing down at his short companion, Akio smirked. "Would you like a piggyback? I'd love to go talk to some other vampires, but I'm afraid that if you don't get a height boost they might not be able to see you." Then the male quickly stepped back, for he knew that any short jokes were met with violence.
[/fieldbox]

The boy's eyes slid languidly over to the doctor, a mild inquiry appearing in the blank depths. After introductions had all been said and done, he was never one to fill up the silence with idle talk, and was therefore surprised at the kindly doctor's follow-up to his words. So he once again held the other's gaze, surprised at the quiet strength behind the mild and affable eyes of the man... Theodore wondered if he should not have been, considering the doctor was no mere doctor.

You claim you are no hunter... Yet why do you still move like a man who has seen his share of fighting, good doctor?

"I see," he murmured, afterwards, feeling obligated to say anything in response. Theodore was a little puzzled at what Henry Wayne was trying to impart to him, but he couldn't detect any hint of malign in the man's voice. It was odd, how Doctor Wayne was more or less unaware of the scandal that shook the hunters recently, he realized. There had never been a vampire hunter forcibly turned into a vampire in so long, and the most famous victim had been Zero Kiryu. And I have heard that one of that line is coming here to study. His eyes widened, briefly gaining a strange sharpness to them as he heard the doctor continue. Not just a hunter?

He couldn't answer that. Theodore had lived all his life listening to his parents telling him he was a special boy, a special hunter to have grown so powerful from a usually small and unnoticeable hunter family. They had only taught him how to become a stronger hunter, stronger and stronger. Faster, stronger, better than almost everyone his age, a danger to others with his bladed knuckles and style of close-range combat that countered mid-range fighters. He hardly knew how to do anything else. The boy wasn't even quite sure of what his actual hobbies were after losing much of his usual activities. His chest oddly hurt at hearing Doctor Wayne proclaim he had potential, the boy looking down for a few seconds. "I will attempt at my best, Doctor Wayne." Yet he wasn't sure himself if he meant that. After everything he had done, it just felt a little pointless now.

At least the doctor seemed to be trying to make an effort. Theodore resisted the urge to sigh, that was unlikely of him and one of his old teammates, had she been here, would have him cuffed on the back of the head for that. "Hmm?" He followed the doctor's line of sight, turning around slightly on his feet to look back behind the gates that led into the school. Against one of the two towers on either side was a dark-haired man, and as Wayne put it, looked like in need of a haircut. "That man is Alucarn Tepes, sir. He hails from the Tepes line of Purebloods, but he himself is an Aristocrat," the boy murmured, eyes set on the tall and imposing figure clad in black, looking like a long dark shadow against the pale column of the tower behind him. This man, Henry Wayne couldn't possibly not recognize - or at least the Tepes name. "He is currently an instructor for the Night Class in this institute."
2qt8z74.png

@Hana

"Oh truly?"

He looked vaguely blank for a moment at the terms commonplace among Hunters. Purebloods, Aristocrats, etc...If it wasn't in his purview of study, then he didn't really know. Hunting and all related to it, was not something that the good doctor liked to even contemplate. He had enough to deal with patching people up then working out new ways to inflict pain on them. He winced and lightly, rubbed the side of his temple.

He was a dissonant man. He walked at times as though he was another person, like a panther lithe and quiet but for the open spirit and clumsiness that soon returned as he noticed and spoke to you. But at the same time, there was such sincerity of purpose and intent that you couldn't help but feel a measure of hope in what he said. The world was full of those who earned a medical degree.

But there were few to earn the title 'Doctor'.

Henry Wayne was one of them.

"I say, you seem to be knowledgeable on the staff here. You believe in the little details, Mr. Mercer?"
"I've never known what my name meant before, you must be very intelligent to be able to spit out facts like that. Not many people would know that. Any particular reason you like researching name meanings?" She asked before glancing down at her feet, feeling slightly embarrassed once again. "Yeah, I guess I should probably invest in some shoes one of these days," She said shyly before continuing, "It's really different here compared to where I live. I don't have much use for shoes at home, but I guess it does seem a little weird to be the only one not wearing shoes here." She hadn't imaged how different life in Cross Institute could be, but she was finally starting to get a mental picture. At the moment, she felt out of place, and part of her wanted to go home. Though the other part of her was genuinely enjoying her conversation with Arthur. He was the first human she'd met, and so far she seemed to like him. She wondered if all humans were like him, the thought of getting to know him a little more being the only thing keeping her where she was.

She nodded her head with a small grin as she replied, "Yeah I am, I'm from a pretty reclusive family, so I've never actually been around a human before. Sorry I was so you know excitable. I couldn't help myself." She chuckled rubbing the back of her neck, "So, is this your first year here? If so, how's the knowledge of us going for you?"
213hyxe.png

@Cinna

Just a lot of time as well as a library in which to read on them. As to her question, he pondered thoughtfully before he tried to explain. "Well, a name has power. Singularly, intense power if you think of it. It represents the sum of the individual and all they may do or become in future, as well as whatever hopes that the person who named them has for them. A name can be a shield against sorrow, a reminder of who you are as a stranger in a strange land- Much like you and me."

He grinned sheepishly, explaining further.

"You said you were from a reclusive family, never having met a human before like this- I'm in similar straits. I've only known a handful of people close to me and I can count them all on one hand. We're both away from all we know and love, and we remember them through the greatest link we have- Our names. Er, sorry. If I'm boring you, feel free to let me know."

His smile turned rueful as he added.

"I've a friend who says I think overmuch on things of this nature."

She was right. A name was power, but with that power came responsibility. To remain worthy of your name above all was expected. To do otherwise was to go against your family. And he was shamed enough as it was. His attention was directed then to her shoes- Or lack of them. He flicked his gaze down and for whatever reason, the sight made him smile warmly again. Odd by any standards, the Roma appealed to him in a way he couldn't quite identify. To that, he simply spoke.

"If you get them, wear them when required but when outside on the grass, I would think you should be alright. And it reminds you of happy times, yes?"

He couldn't imagine any rule being against such a small thing.
Once they were out of earshot, Akio let out a long sigh and ran a hand through his hair. "So many people here." He wouldn't admit it, he was a little nervous. "Honestly? No clue. There could be anything." Akio simply shrugged in response to Okita's question. He still had his eyes on the two nobles however, wanting to go talk to them. "I have to say though... I think I'm in love." The amber eyed male sighed dreamily. "That teacher looks so hot. Do you think he'd be interested?"

Akio usually liked to talk about his crushes to Okita, not really caring if anyone overheard. His crushes didn't usually last long, as he tended to act on them a bit too early. Which resulted in a harsh rejection. But for a guy such as Akio, it never usually bothered him for long and he was off with another crush.​

CENTER]
iqzuz4.jpg

@Sen
@Danger
@Shounen Senpai
@Hana

Okita rolled her eyes but let the subject drop. It was too early in the school year anyway to think on such things. And despite her hardass status, she was interested in the softer things. The upcoming ball for example had her inner-inner-inner-inner-inner girl, locked in a metaphorical tower that made Alcatraz look like a sandcastle was gleefully considering between a western style dress or a traditional kimono.

Outwardly, the stoic tones of Okita replied as she stared at Passions most unlikely plaything where a teacher was concerned.

"There's a name for those kind of relationships you know. That and I'm sure he dyes his hair. Any man not brave enough to keep his gray ain't a keeper." : |
As he watched the two from across the yard, he tried to decide what do to. He had found Okita, at least, but he wasn't sure how well she'd do around other nobles. He had a feeling it wouldn't go all too well, but it really depended on them. Glancing down at his short companion, Akio smirked. "Would you like a piggyback? I'd love to go talk to some other vampires, but I'm afraid that if you don't get a height boost they might not be able to see you." Then the male quickly stepped back, for he knew that any short jokes were met with violence.
"To the axe-man, all trees are the same height."

Was Okita's reply, delivered calmly and with intent purpose as she subjected her friend to a combination pout and steely glare of warning. More matter-of-factually, she added sweetly.

"Also, I have knitting needles and I can reach your crotch more easily then most in a fight."

She frowned, mentally calculating.

"....That came out wrong." : |

Last edited by a moderator:
It's too early.

That was the main thought going through the young noble's mind. She was standing under a dark blue parasol, standing at a somewhat distance from the rest of the vampires. Not as far back as the purebloods, of course, but the temperature around her didn't seem to be warming up any time soon. She was tired, and although her parasol kept out most of the sunlight, it was still draining. Yet she had to be there, as it was a new school. Her parents were relying on her, as she was the heiress.

As the tall blonde looked around, she could easily see the divide between the humans and the vampires. While she half listened to the headmaster talk, her eyes were searching the crowd of vampires for a familiar face. One that she hoped she wouldn't find, yet eventually knew she would. The pit in her stomach served all too well as a reminder of what had happened, and she silently cursed herself. Why this school? Out of every other school that could've sent her an invitation, it had to be this one. It had to be the one with Sayuri Shiki.

Kikena had arrived early, and was regretting it. The heat and light made for a rather uncomfortable feeling, yet she had to be the face of the Aido family in this school. Arriving late would not do. However arriving on time was probably a better idea. Sighing softly to herself, she looked around the group of vampires once again. When she spotted the twins, her eyes widened and she quickly looked away. Kin and Masaru Shirabuki? What on earth were they doing here? Kikena, of course, had heard the rumours. Weren't they a danger to everyone present? Their powers... Either way, Kikena would keep her mouth shut. Talking ill of purebloods was not taken lightly, and she wasn't about to go and tarnish her family reputation.

That's when The Ice Queen spotted her former childhood friend. Of course she was late. Kikena allowed a small smile to form. Typical. The two common vampires following her as well, overburdened with many things. However when she got to the gate, the female turned away and used her parasol to hide her from view. No, she didn't want to be seen. She wanted to avoid the other as much as possible. And yet... It was likely they would have to interact as some point. Just not today... Please.
Trevor
Interacting with Kikena @Danger

"Nervous?"

The voice Kikena would have heard coming from beyond her sounded deep and intimidating. Not to mention somewhat metallic almost as if it were a machine speaking to her than a man. If she turned to face the source of the voice, she'd see a cloaked figure standing around 5'10 and with his face obscured by a strange looking mask.

beb3ed81cf24992bbc756a1e2a1e87272987bac3_hq.gif

"Trevor Kovich. Vampire hunter and overseer/guardian of the human dorms. Apologies if I startled you."

Trevor had been working here for quite some time. The attire he wore of course was just a guise to help put some distance between him and his work. While he was on the 'clock' as it were, his purpose was to make sure no vampires got too touchy-feely with the humans he was supposed to be keeping an eye on. Also making sure no vampires crossed over into the human dorms. Not unless they had permission from him at least. Which given Trevor's views on vampires? Was easier said than done. When it came time to relax however, Trevor abandoned his mask and cloak. He was still just about as sociable however. Which was to say very little. In fact if Kikena had been on her way before Trevor saw her, he likely wouldn't have bothered conversing.

But something about the girl's body language made it clear to the hunter that something was wrong. Likely nothing serious mind you or he would have known about it long beforehand. But perhaps something on a smaller scale. Perhaps last minute jitters about arriving to the school? He had seen her her wave to two vampires. Which annoyed him more than was probably warranted but some old grudges died hard.

Reactions: Hana and Mu
dm8kf6.jpg

Interactions:
Trevor Kovich @T.O.M.

[fieldbox=Kikena Aido, #008080, solid]
Kikena jumped after hearing a voice behind her. Turning, her eyes widened in shock and she took a step back at seeing the vampire hunter. How long had he been there? And what was with the mask? The temperature around the girl plummeted, and she noticed but couldn't do much about it until she calmed down. When she finally realised what the other had said, her eyes narrowed before she answered. "Only when you appeared."

What was he doing here, anyway? He wasn't a vampire, and didn't seem to be a human. Probably a vampire hunter then. And yet Kikena was in the vampire section. After all, she was a noble. The temperature began to raise as her heartbeat calmed, however she was still incredibly suspicious. Then the other spoke again. Vampire hunter. She had been correct. She pushed down the urge to scoff, as the male had definitely startled her.

"That is fine. Though I suggest not sneaking up on a vampire." Kikena wasn't sure what to say, so she hoped that would suffice. What was he even doing talking to a vampire like her? Surely she hadn't been that obvious now, had she? The girl had been a little nervous, with Sayuri going to the same school as her. And she wasn't completely sure, but pretty certain the other had seen her. Either way, they would be seeing a lot more of each other.

"What did you want?" She had almost forgotten the matter at hand. It was unusual for a vampire hunter to be talking to a vampire like her, and she wanted to know.
[/fieldbox]

300qvtf.jpg

Interactions:
Okita Goro @Ringmaster
Akihiko Tsuruoka @Sen
Sayuri Shiki @Hana

"But... He's so cute!" Akio whined, not liking the fact that she was insulting him. "I don't mind dyed hair..." The amber eyed male pouted, sighing exasperatedly. "Always have to crush my dreams, don't you?" He said jokingly, lightly shoving her. Even with Okita's input, he'd still go after the teacher anyway. If there was ever a time where Okita actually liked someone he was interested in....

"You're cute when you're scary," Akio remarked, however he did his best to maintain a certain amount of distance between them. He laughed lightly, shaking his head. "You should really watch what you say," he grinned, but he was incredibly cautious. She could strike at any time... And Akio rather liked his crotch. Being stabbed by knitting needles did not sound fun at all.

"You know, we should go talk to more nobles." It was only a suggestion, however he already had his eye on two vampires. One had a rather large sword at his hip, and Akio's dirty mind went further. However without voicing his thoughts, he grabbed Okita's arm and began to lead her over to where Akihiko and Sayuri were. "Come on!"[/fieldbox]

20pa2ds.png
2uhy82h.png

@Hana (Masaru Shirabuki)
Lihua couldn't help but blush at the compliment, using the long pigtails to hide her reddening cheeks. "Xie xie (thank you), Miss Masaru. My mother gave it to me, it means 'beautiful and elegant' in my native language." Lihua had to think, did she grow up to meet her mother's expectations? She certainly felt beautiful and elegant dancing and singing on stage, and the instruments that she was taught to play with also made her feel the same way. The glowing sense of pride, followed by the beaming smiles that she could see on everyone after she bowed. Sometimes they would stand up and applaud her performance. She loved to please others, nothing could beat the happiness of seeing another person's smile. "I don't know a lot much about Japanese names, not unless I see your kanji. What does you name mean?"

"Oh?" she blinked surprisingly at the young girl. Was her a father an old man? Lihua wondered if the twin's father was one of those ancient vampires that were old and powerful. She shuddered, knowing that they were some of the most deadly. Even species that aged differently compared to humans could have grey hairs, right?

Kin interjected, sighing tiredly. "Father has hair even paler than hers." Like white snow, he hated seeing that color anywhere. The winters were almost unbearable for him. It was cold, it was suffocating Life and people could easily get sick. If not for Masaru dragging him outside to play in the snow with her, the young heir wouldn't have bothered. "If we don't have to move around anymore, I suppose we can keep her company." His eyes flashed at the grey-haired girl, lips thinning. At least she seemed to be harmless, even for a Level D. Her outward appearance was horrendously shy, and if he took Masaru away from human interaction she would never let him go once they were alone together.​
"If I need to be a proper gentleman, then you should be a proper lady." He was about to continue lightly scolding his sister when she reached up to tug at the ribbons in her hair, complimenting them as she answered the other girl's question. A faint hint of a blush dusted his cheeks, eyes averted from the two ladies. Masaru never failed to embarrass him in public sometimes.

The Chinese girl giggled to herself at the enthusiasm of the girl and the stoic personality of her brother. He seemed emotionless at first, and he had tried to hide his blush, but she caught it. The guys she used to know were never good at picking out clothes. They wore the same things everyday, it was boring and tasteless. Since when were male vampires so good with fashion? "Wow, does your brother buy you lots of clothes?" She suddenly remembered something. "Maybe even for the ball tonight?"

1ht5zt.png

@Hana (Sayuri Shiki)
@Danger (Akio Fukui)
@Ringmaster (Okita Goro)
He laughed awkwardly. Back home there was no room to be running around practicing the instrument when there were swords to wield and fans to wave, creating the strongest and most steady current for their elder's approval. The Tsuroka clan only cared about training oneself into peak condition. Everyone he had seen in the household was fit, no one looked unhealthy. He smiled at her, "I can teach you the basics, or any techniques that you might find useful, Sayuri-san. I think every girl should know how to use a blade, especially when they are in danger." At least, the ladies he knew often carried short swords or blades to defend themselves, or to the more extreme - prepare for war. Even though he thought such a thing was unlikely to ever happen, he was proven wrong when he heard news of the murder of the top candidate in the election. No one knew who did it, vampire or human. It was just an excuse for his elders to start getting heated about the true meaning of the Tsuruokas.

It was a little amusing that she valued music so highly, which was completely different from what he was raised with. If she wasn't so skilled with the sword, it was safe to say that their own values were flipped and switched around. "If you say so, Sayuri-san. I have to warn you that I may just embarrass myself if you force me to play an instrument. That goes for singing as well." Akihiko chuckled to himself, "But I am not against learning new things either. That is why I left the mountains, oh-?"

Akihiko looked over to see two people approaching them, or more specifically, a young boy with black hair and gleaming mischievous eyes dragging an astonishingly short girl with him over to their direction. He blinked down at the girl with the short stature, not bothering to hide his surprise. He had never seen someone this short before - discounting children, of course. If she was here, wouldn't that mean she was old enough to attend high school? The Tsuruoka women were all tall girls, and this was the first time he saw a high school student that was so much shorter than him. "Miss... why are you so short? Do you have a condition?" He looked up at her male companion, then down at his hand, which was grabbing the girl's arm. "Are you bullying her? Someone that size? Have some sympathy, sir." His tone was accusatory, eyes narrowing at the boy, tightening his grip on his odachi.​

• Love
Reactions: Danger and Hana
iqzuz4.jpg

@Hana (Sayuri)
@Danger (Akio)
@Sen (Akihiko)
"But... He's so cute!" Akio whined, not liking the fact that she was insulting him. "I don't mind dyed hair..." The amber eyed male pouted, sighing exasperatedly. "Always have to crush my dreams, don't you?" He said jokingly, lightly shoving her. Even with Okita's input, he'd still go after the teacher anyway. If there was ever a time where Okita actually liked someone he was interested in....
"Its one of life's little pleasures."

Was her calm reply, a smirk playing about her face as she stood prim and proper. At the comment of scary, she grinned and with a twinkle in her eye, performed a curtsy in her slacks. She refused skirts on basis of freedom of movement and above all, the ability to slouch in her seat. How dare men keep this kind of good stuff all to themselves?!

The dragging was a surprise though not entirely. She wasn't used to being so familiar physically with others, but again Akio was the exception. So with good natured humor, rather like an adult getting dragged by their five year old to see the ponies, Okita smiled as she let herself get led to meet more vampires.

"Miss... why are you so short? Do you have a condition?"

"........"

A horrifying silence filled the space in between, the blissfully unaware Akihiko immune to it by dint of ignorance. Akio on the other hand, having known Okita for most of their formative years would find the silence disturbing. It was a void in which the abyss upon you staring at it, would turn and ask 'what are you looking at?'

And upon her face, the smile became as warm and as welcoming as that which quickly approaches drowning men. With a fin on top.
He looked up at her male companion, then down at his hand, which was grabbing the girl's arm. "Are you bullying her? Someone that size? Have some sympathy, sir."
Okita took a casual step forward and suddenly, the world was in sharper focus for Akihiko as Okita purred in a low and dangerous monotone, hypnotic in its own way. But not detracting in the slightest for the excruciating pain occurring on his right foot.

"What is sticking in your foot is a Combat "Princess" four-inch heel, the most dangerous footwear in the world. Considered as pounds per square inch, it's like being trodden on by a very pointy elephant. Now, I know what you're thinking: you're thinking, "Could she press it all the way through to the ground?" And, you know what, I'm not sure about that myself. The sole of your geta might give me a bit of trouble, but nothing else will. But that's not the worrying part. The worrying part is that I was forced practically at knifepoint to take ballet lessons as a child, which means I can kick like a mule; you are standing in front of me; and I have another shoe. Good, I can see you have worked that out. I'm going to withdraw the heel now."

She stepped back and crossed her arms, making sure to keep eye contact as the Terrier bared her fangs.

"Make a crack about my size next time and it'll be a very bad day for your next dance recital."

She then smiled in an off-putting manner as she said with a straight face.

"Also, that's no way to talk to my betrothed." : |

• Love
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Danger and Hana
300qvtf.jpg

Interactions:
Akihiko Tsuruoka @Sen
Sayuri Shiki @Hana
Okita Goro @Ringmaster

Glad he wasn't in any pain, Akio more than happily dragged Okita all the way to the other vampires. "You take pleasure in crushing my dreams?" The male faked a hurt look and placed a hand over his heart. "Ouch..." Rolling his eyes, he grinned at her little curtsy. Dramatic much?

Finally they were almost there, and had apparently caught the attention of the male vampire. He was pretty good looking, however Akio just wasn't into guys with long hair. It didn't mean he wouldn't flirt with the other though, and he wasn't one to turn down a quick fling. The amber eyed male didn't let go of Okita though, his grip loose.

"Miss... Why are you so short? Do you have a condition?"

Dead silence. Akio was stunned. Who the hell was this kid? He wasn't sure whether the other was simply rude, or just blissfully ignorant. Either way, he would no doubt face the wrath of his rather short companion for what he said. Even so, it was simply too funny to pass up the opportunity.

At first, Akio curled over, before his shoulders started shaking. It would've looked unusual at first, until the sound of laughter left his mouth and everything made more sense. "Oh my god... You just... Called her... Short... Oh you're so dead..." He gasped out, trying not to collapse to the ground in a fit. A glance to the side revealed all that he needed to know, as that sickly sweet smile upon his friend's face told him everything. He barely heard the bullying comment, having dropped the other's wrist.

Akio was practically cackling, as his partner began to drill into the other. He hadn't heard anyone call her short for a long long time, as most people knew not to mention her height. That, and he knew what it was like to be stomped on. That heel of her boot rather hurt, and it was definitely not the first time she had dug it into his foot. He felt sorry for the poor bastard, however he probably deserved it as he did call her short.

"Also, that's no way to talk to my betrothed."

Quite suddenly, Akio's laughter turned to choking. Betrothed? What the fuck? He tried not to die as he actually did collapse, attempting to start breathing again. What the hell does she think she... Gasping, he turned to send her a glare. That was not the first impression he wanted to give to the newcomers, however he might as well go with it. He'd probably get a good laugh out of it, hopefully, and so he picked himself up off the ground and hugged Okita close. If he was going to go with it... He may as well have a little fun. Grinning at the two of them, he then leaned down and placed a kiss on top of his partner's head with the silent prayer that she wouldn't hurt him. "I'd never dream of hurting my precious darling," he purred, looking back at them with a smirk. Sending a wink at the female vampire, he hoped she had more of a mind than the male as to guess that they weren't actually betrothed.
[/fieldbox]

1ht5zt.png

@Hana (Sayuri Shiki)
@Danger (Akio Fukui)
@Ringmaster (Okita Goro)
Akihiko yelped as he felt something sturdy and sharp stab into his foot, a jolt of pain whizzing through his body as he shivered - and not from the cold. His eyes locked with the young girl, and he could have sword electricity was flaring out from her pupils. He listened with surprise and horror as she dug the heel in, the vampire sucking in a squeak of pain. He took a deep breath and forced his body backwards just as she removed the heel from his foot. He almost floated backwards, a swift movement that no human would ever be able to perform. Thank goodness for his ability and his light weight, the wind carrying him to a respectable distance away from the girl with an annoyed expression and her laughing companion. He looked down at his foot, seeing a dent in the thick socks that he wore. At least he was wearing comfortable footwear. Akihiko didn't want to imagine what it would have been like if he was barefoot.

"My apologies for offending you, lit- I mean, young miss." He bowed with courtesy. "Though, an offending comment need not be answered with violence. I do not want to fight without reason." The young man sighed, reaching down to rub his throbbing foot. He was going to have to wait a while for the pain to subside, this one. Not even his sisters had dealt a blow that hurt like this before. Human women were scarier than he had originally thought. "Excuse my ignorance. Where I am from women tend not to be... diminutive, that is all." Perhaps it wasn't a good idea to point out a woman's height, he dutifully noted to himself

Turning his attention to her male companion, he pointed at him confusedly, the young man having fallen to the ground and was making an odd sound as if he had forgotten how to breathe. Was that really necessary? The swordsman blinked at the young man as he stood himself up, wrapping his arms around the girl. An eyebrow rose. What an odd couple. City folk were weird, weren't they? "An engaged couple, I see? I offer my congratulations. Do city folk spend their days before promising their love attacking vampires?" Akihiko narrowed his eyes at the two, keeping his distance. "You two seem awfully young to be betrothed..."

i2ko3l.png

@Ringmaster (Henry Wayne)

"I suppose you could say that, sir." The doctor was proving quite talkative, and more than usual for Theodore's usual capacity would have taken. He glanced at the doctor once again with a neutral expression, before letting his gaze once again rest on the Aristocrat that lurked beside one of the towers. "As a vampire hunter it constitutes a part of my duty, and I intend to keep to it." By all means, despite his personal feelings, or lack thereof about his own work, Theodore had always been a person who watched and listened. And he knew which people to keep an eye on if he truly had to focus.

He let his eyes stray over to the twin heads of blonde hair that peeked out from under a parasol, in the distance. The Shirabuki twins were here, and he never particularly cared for Purebloods and their ilk. Considering what those two twins were capable of, according to rumor of course, it would do any hunter well to keep their distance yet also remain vigilant around the two. "There is a fair number of children hailing from families of importance for this first year. The Headmaster has gathered such of their kind alongside us for a reason."
30trwaq.png

@Sen (Kin Shirabuki & Fei Lihua)

The fair-haired girl snuck a glance at her brother, after she had let slip those compliments. Masaru's eyes blinked and brightened at the faint hint of pink that grazed her brother's pale cheeks, but before he could catch her looking she also averted her gaze to meet the eyes of the grey-haired girl before them. A smile threatened to betray her notice to Kin, if the slight giggle that she let escape hadn't already. He was always so strange, turning red whenever she complimented him when she was actually being honest. "He buys me these hair ribbons because I ask him to," Masaru nodded happily to confirm Fei Lihua's question, hand briefly squeezing her sibling's. "And I guess he also picks out what I wear?"

She tilted her head upwards to look at him again, blinking innocently. "He was the one who had the measurements for my uniform taken and adjusted to look more 'proper'. I think he made the skirt longer," a sheepish laugh escaped the girl's lips as she raised her free hand to tap her cheek. "He told me, 'As a proper lady, you are not allowed to wear such revealing clothing!' when he saw the length of the skirts here." It had really been too long since she was able to just blather on like this, and it showed in the way the girl just babbled what she remembered to Lihua - a girl she had just met. Mimicking her nii-san's 'strict' voice, Masaru let her brows wrinkle slightly and pursed her lips, trying to look stern. The effect was quickly broken when her face broke out into a smile again. "And sooo I just listened to whatever he thought was good!"

Cocking her head, she glanced at the other students in the crowd past them. "I wish I had a pretty name like yours, Fei-san. My own name means 'victory' - 'victorious', I think." Jumping back to the previous question that she had been unable to answer, Masaru wrinkled her nose. "Oh well. Nii-san did pick my dress for the ball, and I'm really looking forward to it~"
2mre1yw.jpg

@Sen (Akihiko Tsuruoka)
@Danger (Akio Fukui)
@Ringmaster (Okita Goro)

Well, this is pleasant and all, Tsuruoka-kun, but it looks like we've got company.

Most people didn't think it of the young Shiki heir, considering her rather 'superfluous' work as a singer and a pop idol, but Sayuri was sharp and observant of her surroundings when it came to people. Her eyes had already spotted the two hunters approaching her and the young raven-haired man she had acquainted herself with, brief recognition flashing in silver-blue eyes. She could have sworn she had seen the silver-haired young lady, petite and yet prominent, as she made her way towards where the young Aristocrats stood. Along with her was a boy, who by just a glance at his face the rose-haired girl already had a feeling she would understand pretty well.

She tilted her head and was about to offer them a courteous smile, when just as they approached in front of them the naive country boy spoke. Oh, dear. Sayuri flashed Akihiko a look of slight vexation mingled with an amused twist of her lips as he spoke down to the silver-haired girl and her companion. You do not just simply comment on a lady's appearance, naive country boy. Yet here he was, blissfully ignorant to digging his own grave. She inwardly winced at the silence that followed, eyes only darting towards the other boy beside the girl and finding herself letting out a sharp and amused laugh. "Oh my, Tsuruoka-kun, you shouldn't have said that."

The girl looked on, mostly unsympathetic as the Tsuruoka boy had his feet dug into by a painful looking heel. Sayuri looked at it with mild interest, maybe she should invest in one of those? It looked damn useful. She chuckled in amusement at seeing the predatory smile on Okita Goro's face, a smirk growing on her own lips. "I do apologize for my friend's ignorance, hunter-san."

Finally speaking up, her voice came out smooth and composed, though carrying with it her amusement that danced in silver eyes. She not so subtly elbowed the long-haired male at her side as he spoke up again, sensing that he was about to unintentionally bring pain upon himself again. Inwardly rolling her eyes, she arched an eyebrow at the two hunters. "Perhaps such a lovely young couple such as yourselves could care to share your names after bringing some pain to my friend. He is but a newcomer coming from the country and might not be the most privy to the social aspects of city life." Or even any social aspects, considering anyone should have known not to talk to a girl like that in this day and age. "Shiki Sayuri, pleased to meet you." Her eyes met the hunter male's with a definite look of wicked sharp amusement, telling him all that she knew of his ruse with his partner.

2pqmi53.png

@Hana (Theodore Mercer)

Alucarn's gaze remained on the students out in front as a whole. Occasionally looking to a specific student in particular whenever they seemed to catch his attention or if he thought something was off. Though any such things were quickly cleared up as nothing but the students being students. Though not as often as one might normally, his gaze did move back to the twins once or twice during their interactions with other students. Though this was mostly because of the odd company they were with. A bit odder still, given how their personalities, or at least the elder behaved personality, was known for more isolation then company. Most likely the sisters doing. Still, it was not worth more then a simple glance for Alucarn.

What gained Alucarn's gaze for longer then a moment was when he felt the gaze of another on him which prompted his own gaze to focus on the source. He also might have heard his name actually spoken out. It wasn't something he heard often outside the Vampire Council's walls since he often had a way of going unnoticed. When his eyes did finally meet with the source, he quickly took in it's characteristics without having to look him over with his eyes. Simply staring at him directly was sufficient. Normal height with somewhat unique hair color which could make him stand out more then the average human, assuming he was one. He glanced to the other person by him though he paid him no real interest.

Theodore Mercer, if he was not, and he was not, mistaken. So Vampire Hunter. He locked eyes with the hunter for a few moments simply staring at him before his eyes glanced to the side, tilting his head back slightly to the right as if to look at or listen to something. Though by all appearances, it was just him and the tower he stood beside for shade. "..." It wasn't long before his gaze went back to the hunter if only for another second before his attention went back to the entire crowd of students.

iqzuz4.jpg

@Hana (Sayuri)
@Danger (Akio)
@Sen (Akihiko)

Okita smiled. Okita looked innocent.

And as Akio played along, she gave him a nudge in the side of his ribs, which while pokey had enough playfulness to reflect the nature of their relationship. Akihiko found himself the subject of another of her intense gazes however, though Sayuri managed to stave that off. And then she laughed quietly, approaching the two to extend a hand in a much more normal shake. Though if they tried to keep an eye on her boots, she wouldn't blame them.

"Okita Goro- This lump behind me is my friend, Akio. Hell of a first meeting I suppose, but what a world if we were all the same."

If her hand was taken in the shake, her grip would prove itself calloused and firm as she winked.

"As my uncle likes to say. Your name sounds familiar though Sayuri-san. Though I personally hope not."

She gave a shrug and smiled wryly.

"My family features heavily in law enforcement."

Still, she had a feeling it wasn't just that....Where did she hear that melodic voice before? It was making her puzzled and a puzzled Okita tended to worry over problems before she could put them away. To buy time, she threw a wink at Akihiko.

"You can come closer now if you like. I promise I won't bite."

She jerked a thumb back at Akio as she teased.

"Though I can't say the same for his case."

She giggled and ack to Sayuri, she asked brightly.

"So! All of us here at the Cross Academy. I must say, I'm appreciating the view the more I stand here, aren't you?"

Besides the obvious appeal of the grounds and such, there appeared to be a lot of figures-fellow students and teachers who the Terrier could appreciate. The ball was going to be fun. Taking a step forward, as though to initiate a more intimate conversation she looked upward at the redhead and spoke in a softer tone.

"If you know what I mean." ; )

300qvtf.jpg

Interactions:
Okita Goro @Ringmaster
Akihiko Tsuruoka @Sen
Sayuri Shiki @Hana

Akio tried not to flinch as he was poked in the side, being one of those kinds of people who was rather sensitive in that area. However he was glad Okita didn't elbow him harder, as he probably would've had a much bigger reaction. Keeping behind her, he was a little wary of the two vampires but found that the female one looked a lot more friendly. She also seemed familiar, but until he heard the name he hadn't been able to recognise her.

"Oh!" Akio's eyes lit up. "Shiki Sayuri, the idol singer?" That lovely voice of hers helped identify her, and Akio was certain. Plus, he was also a small fan, but not much of one. He liked her songs and her voice. However he tried to stay away from the fanbase as much as possible, as some of them were completely crazy. He elbowed Okita when he said it, hoping she'd recognise her as well.

"Fukui Akio, nice to meet you as well," the male said flirtatiously, bowing more so towards Akihiko. There was a look in his eyes that couldn't be placed, and it wasn't a good look either. He shrugged when Okita said something, before grinning and baring his teeth. "I don't always bite."

Stepping back, he turned and looked towards the school. It was a sight, but Akio wasn't one for appreciating those kinds of things. Shrugging his shoulders once again, he turned back around to study Akihiko. His eyes roamed the other's body, before landing on the odachi. "Nice sword," he commented, his hand coming down to rest on his own katana. "May I have a look?"[/fieldbox]

1ht5zt.png

@Hana (Sayuri Shiki)
@Danger (Akio Fukui)
@Ringmaster (Okita Goro)
Still, she had a feeling it wasn't just that....Where did she hear that melodic voice before? It was making her puzzled and a puzzled Okita tended to worry over problems before she could put them away. To buy time, she threw a wink at Akihiko.

"You can come closer now if you like. I promise I won't bite."
He narrowed his eyes at the girl, taking a few steps forward but still making sure he was far enough so that if she tried to attack - stomp on his foot - it would give him enough space to flee successfully. The throbbing pain in his leg was started to fade, thankfully, but he had never expected that heel from the girl. She seemed innocent enough, but he was proven wrong yet again. When it came to the urban world he knew nothing about the culture and the people that spent their entire lives here.
"Fukui Akio, nice to meet you as well," the male said flirtatiously, bowing more so towards Akihiko. There was a look in his eyes that couldn't be placed, and it wasn't a good look either.
Akihiko bowed respectfully, though his body was taut and tense, as if his entire being was being as cautious as possible. Sayuri was the only one standing with him that was looking at him weirdly. "I am Akihiko, fifth son of the Tsuruoka Clan., glad to make your acquaintance." Voice low and humble as he had been taught, even to enemies one had to introduce oneself with honor. If this wasn't followed, then it would only be a shameful act.

Watching as Akio's eyes rolled across his kimono and the armor that he strapped around his waist and shoulders, his grip on his odachi tightened when he felt them stop at his weapon. "Thank you, it is a family heirloom." The swordsman shook his head. "With that being said, I am afraid not. This is not a weapon humans were meant to wield." It was extraordinarily heavy for anyone who did not come from his family, or anyone who did not have control over the wind. The air that surrounded him made it so much easier to carry with him and even then sometimes Akihiko struggled to keep it aloft. It was an heirloom for a reason, passed down only to the fifth child of a new generation - providing their abilities could manifest. "My deepest apologies."

2mre1yw.jpg

@Sen (Akihiko Tsuruoka)
@Danger (Akio Fukui)
@Ringmaster (Okita Goro)

At the other girl's quick reply, Sayuri found herself laughing lightly in amusement. "Yes, that was quite an introduction." A tiny smirk quirked her lips as her eyes slid over to Akihiko, noting the way he held himself, his body tense. Stepping forward, she arched a brow at Okita as she clasped her hand firmly with hers, noting the firm and calloused grip. These hands were similar to the hands of her uncle, Takuma Ichijo. Firm, warm, yet calloused due to practicing swordsmanship. In fact, it seemed like the other three around her practiced some form of swordsmanship. Sayuri herself wouldn't really call herself a swordsman despite being able to summon some form of a saber when she needed it. Her own hands were meticulously taken care of, soft to touch with the nails immaculately manicured and polished a pretty silver shade.

She sent Okita a wry smile at her mention of law enforcement. "I think I might have encountered or heard of you before, Goro-san. My work alongside humans in the entertainment industry may make me seem more familiar than expected." The other boy quickly confirmed that when his eyes lit up, and the red-haired girl giggled. Sayuri's eyes warmed a little as she smiled softly at Akio, nodding. "Yes, it's me... though please - shhh." She winked at the other, delicately tapping her glossed lips to tell him to keep quiet. "We wouldn't want to be swarmed by people right now." It was why she had never announced her intention to attend Cross Institute to the media yet. No doubt the news would spread, but at least this school was private and very much isolated.

"I would be quite worried if you two might bite," she commented as she caught wind of Okita and Akio's words to Akihiko. The poor boy looked like he was taking everything far too seriously, and her eyes caught his movement as he gripped the handle of his sword. "It is a very nice sword, isn't it," she murmured idly, her eyes knowing as she looked over at Akio Fukui. "But perhaps Fukui-san might be a better swordsman in the art. Who knows, I am the only one who is not a swordsman among you three." She leaned in to murmur in Akihiko's ear, "Do control your interactions and try to read the atmosphere more, Tsuruoka-kun. It would save you a lot of painful moments in the future." With that, she shot his injured foot a pointed look before turning to Okita.

She blinked at something Okita said. Did she just-? Sayuri tilted her head to the side, blinking down at the pretty silver-haired girl who had just... She let her own coy smile spread on her face, a glint in her eyes. "Hmm, perhaps I do," she returned smoothly, voice sinking into something like a purr, melodic and hypnotic. It was surprising to hear something like that from a vampire hunter, and a girl at that. It almost reminded her of... Her feelings towards her all those years ago... "Would you like to tell me about this view?" No, Okita was different from that blonde girl. She was certain that Okita was only playing around, that much was obvious.

"I-is that Shiki Sayuri-sama?" Oh, dear. Only a certain group of people would call her that with so much... Positive feelings behind the honorific. Sayuri ducked her head down, lowering her parasol over herself to hide her face as she stepped away from Akihiko's side. Well, I lasted pretty long, didn't I? This was the life of a popular artist, and the moments when she wasn't recognized earlier were nice but ending. A few murmurs, and then heads turned in their direction. She could feel the gazes on her from the human student population, and she let out a slight huff. Because someone like Sayuri-san could bring vampire and human students together with her singer status, Shiki-sama. Of course...

She flashed the other three an apologetic smile, sighing and lifting her parasol as she met the people's gazes across the front of the Institute building. Immediately there was an explosion of murmuring as the Shiki heir flashed them a quick, photogenic smile, waving her hand.

Oh, yes. It looked like Sayuri did have a fanbase, even all the way to Cross Institute. She just dearly hoped they weren't the insane ones.

Red-Rose-Divider2.gif

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Ball: Part One[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
d43a41a233036e69ebe708e6852c851c.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

"To celebrate your enrollment into Cross Institute, the school has organized an evening ball for all students to attend. This may be the perfect opportunity for you to get to know your fellow peers, both human and vampire. Our teachers will also be attending, if you wish to be acquainted with them before your official classes," Headmaster Kazuki's voice rang loud and clear after a brief introduction of the school and its history. His steely eyes scanned the audience of students and teachers as if waiting for a reaction. Nothing about his expression showed any sort of amusement, somewhat unsettling, but yet he radiated a sense of security and protection. "There will be no classes to attend today, after you are shown to your dorms you may have leisure time. A dancing partner is not compulsory if you do not wish to participate in those activities."

"Attendance to this welcoming event is compulsory for both students and staff. You are hereby given the rest of the time until this event to prepare or to rest." He paused, before adding with an unreadable expression, "But I must request that the staff retire to my office for a short meeting." This was directed towards both the Day and Night Class teachers of the school, as well as the new school doctor, Henry Wayne, and the guardian of the Sun Dorms, Trevor Kovitch.

The Night and Day Class teachers glanced among themselves. Unlike the clear divide between the students, the teachers were all situated with each other and looking, for the most part, hardly uneasy around each other. A fair woman with long, gleaming dark hair and clad in simple yet pleasing formal clothing spoke up, bowing her head to the Headmaster.

"Cross-san, Kojiki-san and I will have to excuse ourselves from this meeting. We are needed for the final preparations within the ball room and pavillion areas." The woman who spoke was a Night Class teacher, her red eyes clearly showing her race.

The blond man nodded at this. "Very well, Kurotsuno-san, Kojiki-san, and any other staff who are needed for preparation will be excuse."

A much shorter woman with silky black hair stepped forward and nodded her thanks. They both had soft and pale features, their eyes slightly angular to show their heritage. soft and pale features, their eyes slightly angular to show their heritage. Unlike the woman who had spoken, she looked as normal as can be,a Day Class staff. The two dark-haired women left, disappearing around the corner of the school building.

And so the orientations for the students ended, leaving the students to their own devices - or about to be guided to their respective dorms by a Day and Night Class teacher who lingered behind.

2llhzqt.jpg

Ms. Milaia

Approaching the gathered Night Class students, a young woman with a distinctive fair orange hair smiled with a welcoming and gentle look in her light blue eyes. "Welcome to the Night Class, students! You know me as Miss Milaia from the staff introductions earlier, yes? I will be your teacher for your economics subjects as well as -" here, she chuckled lightly "the instructor for your Home Economics elective." She motioned for the students to gather her, watching most of them fall into step as she turned around and made for the bridge on the right, the one that led to the Night Class's living grounds and dormitories.

"Ask me if you need something, alright? Headmaster Cross is really working hard to make sure the first batch of the Night Class will have a good year with our human students."

2ahe1s2.jpg

Mr. Inkyu

On the other side of the field stood a tanned, tall man with a shock of fair hair. It was pure white, strands falling into his eyes under the dark sunglasses he wore. He wore a rumpled white business shirt as if he had been sleeping in it, as well as black slacks, the shine of his shoes blending into the dark material. His expression was of annoyance and impatience as he called out for the Day students to gather. "Hey! Day Class kids! C'mere!" He waved them over, his frown turning into a good-natured grin. "I'm Mr. Inkyu, your French teacher. If you're taking French, that is. I'm pre' chill. No need to get scared. I don't bite, though she might." He jabbed a finger at Milaia's direction. "Get in line now, kiddies. Don't want you getting lost. Who knows what Headmaster Cross has runnin' around this place. So follow me, ya dig?"

DAY CLASS:
Arthur, Kei, Akio, Okita, Felicity, Ayana

NIGHT CLASS:
Kin, Masaru, Ayumu, Akihiko, Theodore, Alessia, Kikena, Sayuri, Lihua

@Sen [Kin Shirabuki, Akihiko Tsuruoka, Fei Lihua]
@Hana [Masaru Shirabuki, Theodore Mercer, Sayuri Shiki]
@Danger [Kikena Aido, Akio Fukui]
@Ringmaster [Okita Goro, Arthur Maximus III, Henry Wayne]
@Cinna [Ayana Morizumi]
@Kurogane86 [Kei Kiryu]
@Zero The Grim [Alucarn Tepes]
@JinxMonster [Alessia Vanlithe, Cassandra Yagari, Felicity Yagari]