Status
Not open for further replies.

Hana

wandering thoughts
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status

cronus.round.png

The Blood That Binds Us is a post-canon Vampire Knight roleplay. Conceptualized and developed by Hana, the roleplay will feature the supernatural world of Vampire Knight - and go beyond what is seen in the manga. Suspense will be rife in the glamorous and mystical world of the vampires, the gritty yet relatable lives of the hunters, and the sometimes insignificant, sometimes changing parts that even the normal humans play. Romance is also encouraged and accepted, but not the primary focus of the roleplay. It aims for the darkly romantic, the atmospheric suspense, at times both touching and saddening. Follow the lives of the people left, so long after the aftermath of Vampire Knight.

Group | Character Album | Interest Check

Red-Rose-Divider2.gif

cronus.round.png

• Students are required to keep up to date with ongoings in the school. Click on the tabs!
  • CrossAcademyMapSmall.jpg

• 16glrb7.jpg

k0ofhy.jpg

• 35coooz.jpg

• cronus.round.png

* signifies a NPC.

BOYS (left)
      Arthur Augustus Maximus III - Jun Yoshida*
      Kei Kiryuu- Akio Fukui

GIRLS (right)
      Okita Goro - Ayana Morizumi

• cronus.round.png

PUREBLOOD ROOMS (upstairs)
      Kin Shirabuki
      Masaru Shirabuki

BOYS (left)
      Akihiko Tsuruoka - Theodore Mercer

GIRLS (right)
      // - Kikena Aido
      Sayuri Shiki - Fei Lihua

• cronus.round.png

STAFF (upstairs)
      Henry Wayne
      Mr. Jay*
      Mr. Inkyu*
      Mr. Kai*
      Ms. Kojiki*

• cronus.round.png

STAFF (upstairs)
      Alucarn Tepes
      Reiner Weisenhart
      Mr. Vassago*
      Mr. Fantome*
      Mr. Kirin*
      Mr. Kuilei*
      Mr. Storm*
      Mrs. Kurotsuno*
      Ms. Milaia*
    • cronus.round.png

STAFF (downstairs)

HEADMASTER (upstairs)
      Kazuki Cross

• June 10th - Welcome to the start of the semester!
    *Opening Ceremony and Welcome Ball
Red-Rose-Divider2.gif

cronus.round.png

Purebloods
20pa2ds.png

[spoili]
wv37sg.png

[/spoili]

30trwaq.png

[spoili]
2zr2m4j.png
[/spoili]

15pr2o9.png

Aristocrats
1ht5zt.png

[spoili]
11m4wsn.png
[/spoili]

2bv5nr.png

3447775.png

2mre1yw.jpg

dm8kf6.jpg
Commons
-
Ex-Humans

2uhy82h.png

i2ko3l.png
Vampire Hunters

ea5x6x.png

2qt8z74.png

i2ko3l.png

33n86lx.jpg

wk2sky.jpg

n3lve8.jpg

iqzuz4.jpg

2ia3a07.jpg

300qvtf.jpg
Humans

213hyxe.png

90n7gm.jpg
Inactive
15pr2o9.png

ea5x6x.png

33n86lx.jpg

wk2sky.jpg

2bv5nr.png

NPCs
黒主 和希 理事長
Kazuki Cross - Headmaster of Cross Institute
2wf1lkp.jpg

白蕗 義明
Yoshiaki Shirabuki - Head of the Shirabuki Clan
2cmvfro.jpg

STAFF:
2wcky75.jpg

Mr. Vassago ウァサゴ 先生
Physcial Education and Fencing

28b7kt2.jpg

Mr. Fantome ファントーメ 先生
Fundamental Economics and Greek

2wd36o9.jpg
2ahe1s2.jpg

Mr. Inkyu インキュー 先生
French

2a8j9xy.jpg

Mr. Jay ジェイ 先生
Science and Digital Media

14cws41.jpg

Mr. Kai カイ 先生
Horseback Riding and Textiles

10qw6s5.jpg

Mr. Kirin 麒麟 先生
Mathematics

2vnf7fm.jpg

Mr. Kuilei 傀儡 先生
Geography and Martial Arts

25ytxtd.jpg

Mr. Storm ストーム 先生
Sports Science and Human Development and Kendo

2z4d0fk.jpg

Ms. Kojiki コジキ 先生
Musical Performance

2llhzqt.jpg

Ms. Milaia ミライアー 先生
Legal Studies and Home Economics

34t7bph.jpg

Ms. Kurotsuno 黒鶴 先生
Japanese and Traditional Art

STUDENTS:
24ypeeh_th.jpg
16j4izo.jpg

Red-Rose-Divider2.gif

cronus.round.png

Prologue
Arc 1: Cross Institute

• Love
Reactions: Mu
Prologue: The First Sacrifice
24th​ of March, Year 1000

blood_PNG6086.png

It was the maid that first saw the body.

Or what was left of it, rather. Lying scattered across the soft plushness of the master's armchair, glittering silver, were fine shards of glass. Remarkably in the likeness of fine white jewels, clear and sharp and in the entirely jagged and irregular shapes that betrayed its origin. A fine dusting of smaller glasslike particles caused the dark forest green of the seat to glitter as if lit up by stars. It was all a rather beautiful sight.

Let it be known that a Pureblood's death and even their remains are beautiful things to behold. Beautiful in life, immortal and ever-unchanging, they are rulers of their kind, until they are shattered in mere moments, whence they leave the world in light and in beauty. They shatter and scatter, leaving the world bathed for a few seconds bathed in celestial light. Once the glow has faded, they leave behind mere shards of a substance that resembles glass, if glass were to be so beautiful and contain a soft glow.

One such Pureblood died as of this day, a lone bachelor by the name of Shoto Nobuyuki. The last of his family line, one more pure lineage died off, forever lost to the vampire world, and the discovery began with the maid's distraught cries.

A Pureblood's death is also felt. Not one vampire within a mile would remain unaware that an apex predator has just died, it is written within the very structures of a vampire's being to know when one has gone. It may be within seconds, it may be within minutes, it may be within hours. But it is impossible to hide the death of this kind of vampire.

And so, once more, the vampire world slowly begins to fall into madness.

For it is nearly impossible to kill a Pureblood. Unless you are another of their kind, or a wielder of weapons meant to kill these creatures. And even so, a wielder of such weapons and having such skill and power as to kill the kings and queens of vampires has yet to be seen, and has not been seen for a thousand years. The vampire hunters, while containing and wielding the power to kill and hunt the line of vampires, have hardly ever competed with their kings and queens. In times of old such feats and battles are spoken of… But those battles have not been seen for thousands of years. Those are stories for other times, times when a silver-haired hunter with eyes like amethyst, burning with a flame borne of both love and hate, had walked side by side with the woman of the kind he hated the most. And many, many more times before that.

But let us not stray from the grim affair on hand. I must apologize if my earlier monologue may have bored you, but the words are necessary to paint the picture, to set up the stage for the play. A play with many actors who may or may not be aware of the great machinations of the world, for isn't the world a stage?

As it was, Shoto Noboyuki's death was not merely any death, even discounting that it was the death of such a creature. No, it was the death of the first act of this play, the death of a man who could have changed lives for the better.

With a smile like the warm and gentle sunlight, and words that touched both humans and vampires, he had been a man who had loved the world and all its creatures great and small. Noboyuki was supposed to have brought with him the winds of change, with his power not something to laugh at, but his love for the world a greater weapon yet. He was a man… That was more than just a Pureblood, and more than just a man, and the world loved him back.

His victory in the current turning of the century was supposed to bring new hope and peace to the uneasily stirring old prejudices and anger between the hunters and the vampires. Noboyuki talked to the hunters and respected their thoughts… Respected their laws, but also believed in compromise. A compromise that the hunters would have eventually been willing to achieve, in spite of the anger and suspicion that the last ruler's period brought.

And with his death, that door has just been closed.

Anger and suspicion are things that a hunter would associate with a vampire, no matter how much they insist they are past the old prejudices…

Suspicion and distrust are emotions that a Pureblood should know, as the only things that can best kill a Pureblood… Is another Pureblood.

And so with the improbability of a hunter killing the last Shoto, do you see the predicament the vampire world is in? For them to suspect their ruling families, to suspect these otherworldly and nigh-eternal kings and queens… And finally, to decide on what to do… They must choose where their loyalties lie.

That council of vampire elders, most old to have been in Yuuki Kuran's time, have seen similar events unfold before. And they are afraid of what is to come. Discontent and disagreement, rebellion and uprising are things they have dealt with before. But it has been so long, so long since a Pureblood has been murdered in such an unclear and improbable manner.

They are rushing, rushing to calm the frantic masses clamoring for justice for the death of their hero, rushing to discover who did such a crime. And through it all the selections must proceed. It is absolute. It is final. A new leader must still be found before the end of the year, even if the one most likely to have risen is now gone.

About to be caught up in it all are the youngest people of the newest generation. Children of their ambitious parents and tied to their duty by their blood, they have no choice but to participate.

But I will, no, I must make sure that the happenings of yesterday will not happen today. These children must be guided by the right hands, and I shall do my best to keep them from falling to their parent's desires.

It is only right to do so when they have so unjustly been molded by their families.

And I am doing this as the last of Kaien Cross's line. I must not fail. How ironic that I must let myself be as what he has been, yet it falls to me. I must remember and I must not forget what has happened in the past.

In little more than two months, Kaien's legacy will once again open its doors, after eight hundred years.

And I am its Headmaster.

Red-Rose-Divider2.gif

[BCOLOR=transparent]Prologue: The Shirabuki Twins[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The Shirabuki Estate[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]April 18, 1000[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent](Collaboration between @Sen and @Hana)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"I think you need to adjust the shading, it looks a little strange, but overall it looks as nice as your usual work…" The girl's voice trailed off as she blinked down at the painting, done in oil on a wide canvas. She was standing behind a young man seated on a short round stool, peering over his shoulder at the artwork. It was only just then that she had realized that there was a servant, his face taut with apprehension, standing twenty paces away from where she and her brother were situated at.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Shirabuki-sama wishes to see the both of you," the young Common vampire said, his eyes cast down and bowing at the head of the family's two children. "He is waiting for you in the study." His voice was calm and collected, but the twins both knew that hidden behind that mask was fear. Fear for his life, if he had an idea of what they could do. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Soft cerise eyes widened in surprise, shock lighting up the girl's features for a moment before it cleared. "He wants to…?" The younger twin sounded confused, her hand falling from her brother's shoulder to hide and bury into the skirt of her robes. She blinked in confusion for a moment, looking away before turning to the servant with a wide smile. In all honesty, Masaru was still confused as to why their father was calling, but she hadn't seen him since that one time last month. "We'll be there soon, please tell him that!" She bowed her head slightly to the common vampire, uncaring of her station. There was an eagerness now, creeping into her tone and brightening her pale and luminous face. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]What could it be now?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The blond young man stood up, sighing softly as he placed down his brush. "Let's go then, Masaru. Perhaps I won't frame this one." He pointed at the painting, taking it off the easel and setting it on a table where the sun would shine on it in the mornings, allowing it to dry. "We must not keep Father waiting." Kin had an idea of what this was about. Though he and his father did not go along well, as his heir Kin was told things long before Masaru. Sometimes they wouldn't want to tell Masaru at all, keeping her in the dark with certain facts. He never understood why, because she was always his equal. Their father's study was tucked away in one of the darker places in their estate, away from the sun and anything bright. Just as his father liked it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Nii-san…" The girl peered up curiously, sidewards, at the unreadable profile of her sibling. "But your painting is really nice, you don't have to scrap it? I only thought the shading was strange, but it really is good." Now, Masaru knew that her brother's moods could change swiftly and unpredictably, but the air around him had once again made her feel strange. She was at a rather excitable mood, though, and despite not knowing what was troubling Kin, she skipped a little ahead of him before remembering to slow down. "It's been a month since I last saw Father, what do you think does he want to talk about? I think I've been doing fine with my studies. I listen to my tutors like always, and I've been behaving really well…" She tried to lighten the mood that had fallen over her brother, going for a sunny smile. It wasn't difficult, though glancing at Kin's face was like looking into an impassive mirror at times. Looking downwards, she reached out and tugged on his hand. "And you're as amazing as always, so I think this might go well?" Speaking with honesty as always, Masaru would have hugged him if they had the time. She did look up to him the most.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You can keep it if you want," Kin said. "I know you like to keep some in your room." The blond man looked away from the petite form of the girl, peering down the dark hallway that lead to their father's study. It was a place he dreaded to be in but found himself in very often. It saddened Kin to see his little sister so eager to see such a [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]monster[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]. "I am sure you are not going to be punished. Even if you were, I won't let Father hurt you." He reached out to ruffle her hair. Away from their father's prying eyes, he was was as carefree and as 'normal' as he wanted to be. Masaru's eyes bore into her brother's face for a few seconds, holding her gaze before she lowered it to the floor. She laughed a little as she felt his fingers land on top of her hair, ruffling the white-blonde locks. Reaching up she swatted at his hand, before she stopped as they ended up in front of those big wooden doors. "I'll definitely keep it. I keep all your paintings, no matter how bad you think they look they're all wonderful."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]There was a small smile on his lips "I believe we received invitations to some school for both humans and vampires- ah, here we are." Standing before them were the polished and gleaming doors of their father's study. His disposition suddenly changed from a friendly older brother to the colder and more serious heir of the family. It was for the sake of everyone in the family.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"A school for vampires and humans? Really? I've never heard of such a place." The two stood in front of the door, one trying to keep his thoughts hidden and preparing himself, one wondering at what this was all about. The two twins shared similar feelings of trepidation, as they always did when it came to their father. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She tugged more insistently at his hand, before finally winding her fingers through his. Masaru took a deep breath and smiled warmly, waiting for the man behind those doors to call them in. "I'm a little nervous," she mumbled under her breath. "Please let me hold your hand." Her voice was smaller, almost inaudible despite her smile. Being around the man she called 'father', she always was a little quieter and meeker. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He glanced at her, blinking down at Masaru with a calm expression. "Just the fingers," he said in a hushed voice, looping his fingers through hers, just enough for him to pull away if necessary. Was it a good idea to show this sort of affection for each other in front of a man like that? "Come in," a voice sounded from beyond the door. Deep and intimidating, someone who was used to ordering others around. Perhaps even someone who used to have [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]emotions[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] and [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]feelings[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]. Taking a deep breath, Kin gently pushed on the door to enter.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The doors swung open from the young man's push, revealing a spacious study. Tall bookcases lined the walls along with different paintings and fixtures of lamps attached to holders, yet unlit. At the opposite end of the entrance, casting a shadow from the lone light in the room, was the wide and heavy oak desk of the father. Behind it he sat, in his tall and roomy armchair, his golden eyes affixed to his two children. His lips curved up in a mimicry of a smile. "I am glad to see you two are well, especially my… Lovely daughter." Masaru stiffened slightly under his smile, before returning it with a shy, timid one. "Do come in and take your seats, Kin-chan, Masaru-chan… We have much to discuss." His gaze lingered for a second on the siblings' hands.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"It seems you two have the honor of attending this school… this Cross Institute." That fake smile of his widened as he brandished two letters, sealed with wax with a rose motif stamped onto it. "I hear it is a place for the privileged. Consider yourselves lucky, Kin-chan, Masaru-chan, since I have paid so much for you two to be tutored." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The young boy nodded, dipping at the waist to greet his father. "Yes, father. It would be an honor to attend Cross Institute." He glanced at the letter in the man's hands, the scarlet red wax stamp and the paper that held the future of their education. They had been homeschooled since young, never allowed outside as most other Pureblood heirs. Kin's eyes shifted to Masaru's face, especially not her. "It will offer more opportunities to broaden our skills. Yes?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"W-what - Really?" Masaru stuttered out after her brother, in a much less graceful manner. Her speech still tended to suffer from minor hitches whenever she got surprised, and this was one of the larger shocks the girl had in this year. She looked from her father's face to her brother's, wonder and disbelief openly shown on her features. "B-but, a-a-about my… condition," her cheeks flushed red out of shame and she slid her eyes away from Kin's. "Wouldn't that make it impossible, Father?" While she had officially made her entrance at thirteen, she hardly ever appeared in Pureblood gatherings aside from being her brother's companion. Hardly anyone knew anything about her aside from the obvious. But she could allow herself to hope against the odds. "I haven't accidentally hurt anyone in a while, maybe…"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Precisely why you will be attending most of your classes with your brother, Masaru-chan. He can keep an eye on you… in case of incidents." The white-haired man smiled a cruel smile. "But I expect you to have a [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]decent grasp[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] on your gift. After all, it is very special. You are special, my daughter. One of a kind." A low raspy voice with an amused tone filled the room, the head of the Shirabuki family gazing into the young girl with glimmering eyes. Kin stiffened. Masaru may mistaken it to be love - false love - but he knew it to be ambition. Slowly raising her up to be what he wanted, not what she wanted to be herself.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was more than she could ever have hoped for, and Masaru's grip on her brother's fingers tightened almost uncomfortably. "Yes! Yes, of course Father, I will do my best. I swear I've gotten better at controlling it, Kin-niisan could tell you about it!" She bowed low, lower than her brother had bowed to the head of the family. It was probably too much of a display, but she knew to display gratitude when he was being kind to her. "I won't disappoint you," she murmured, more of a promise to herself as she dared raise her eyes to meet her father's. She smiled shakily. "Really." But she was actually terrified about this, though she would never show it. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Look at the positives! You get to go outside more...[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I know that. And of course," golden eyes bore into Kin's face now, the glint remaining. "Kin-chan will also do me proud, as he always has. Look to him as an example of what a proper Shirabuki should be, Masaru-chan… You do have quite a ways to go."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Masaru nodded now, looking away from her father to follow his gaze into Kin's face. Her brother was perfect in the eyes of the rest of their family. The heir that could do nothing wrong, with a powerful gift that could help instead of harm others. Sometimes she really did wish she had gotten a similar power instead… [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Their father chuckled lowly. "Very well, I am pleased to see that both of you are eager for this. You will be attending the school in June. I must apologize but I cannot make it to your opening orientation, my children. My work calls me to attend a meeting on that day." His smile disappeared slowly. "I really do expect both of you to perform as I expect. Do not bring shame on the Shirabuki family. You are dismissed."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kin relished the moments where he was dismissed. The satisfying turn away from his father and the creak of the door and seeing the moonlight shine out of the windows down the hall, so different from the murky darkness of his father's study. He closed the door behind him, his hands grasping tightly around Masaru's own as he walked down the hallway, shoes tapping against the marble floor. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"We really are going to this school, nii-san," Masaru murmured, to fill in the silence as they walked. She stuck closer to her brother, she never did like the darker corridors of the estate. While she should have been used to it, she rather hated it though she never would tell others that. "Aren't you glad?" She questioned him, eyes puzzled as she glanced at his face. After leaving the room she felt she could breathe easier, a smile once again lighting her face up. "We get to attend a school, nii-san, we get to talk to a lot of other people and try new classes! I know you're getting bored of your tutors and reading ahead of your lessons, maybe this will help you find other stuff you like!" After that, she squeezed his hand, urging him to talk. It wasn't nice to see him like this.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He squeeze her hand back in response, smiling down at her now that he felt more comfortable. "I suppose I am, since we both get to be in the same class now." They were both tutored separately in their own quarters, allowed to see each other only during their short breaks. Even so, all she saw was his colder personality. The personality he had on for anyone except his own little sister. "I hope you will have fun at least… and you've always been nagging me to try something new. Maybe this is my chance." The heir of the Shirabuki family glanced out the window. He truly had no idea what this place was all about, what it was like and how the environment would be different. But looking behind him, in the direction of his father, he knew that it would be a much better place for him and Masaru. "Come on, Masaru-chan. Let's go back to our paintings."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Masaru laughed lightly, grabbing her brother's hand tighter as she started to race down the hall. She remembered his painting now, and looking over her shoulder she grinned at him. "Let's! I want to see you finish that painting so I can frame it and put it in a place of honor in my room~" His hand felt closer now, and she pulled him away from that place of darkness into their painting room, filled with lots of light and the bright paintings the siblings did. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Left behind in the study, Yoshiaki Shirabuki's smile was like the edge of a knife, sharp and predatory. "Kin-chan, this is only the beginning." He really did expect a lot of good things to come out of this deal, this agreement to leave his children in the hands of that [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]hunter[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]. Kazuki Cross was too young to have a chance of actually countering a Pureblood as old as him. Besides, did the hunter really think he was so foolish as to repeat his relative's mistake in the past? The rules of the game had changed, and the ones who survived it were the ones who knew how to adapt. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Outside in the dimly lit halls where only the moonlight gave light to the place, a flock of ravens flapped their wings and left their perches, dark feathers the only remains that fluttered from among the glowing pink blossoms of the branches of the cherry tree in the courtyard. [/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]
Red-Rose-Divider2.gif
[/BCOLOR]
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Arc 1: Cross Institute[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Cross Institute[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
June 10, 1000

(Introductory effort by @Sen with adjustments from @Hana)

Cross_Academy.jpeg

"Welcome to the Cross Institute, my dear students." By now, everyone knew of the school that was situated in the middle of quiet emerald forests. Cross Institute, formerly known as Cross Academy, a private boarding school for vampires and humans. Co-education that was one of a kind, rebuilt and reopened by Kazuki Cross, a relative of Kaien Cross. The Day Class for humans, the Night Class for vampires. And classes in the evening for both species to become accustomed to one another. In a world where vampires and humans know of each other's worlds, they were to learn to live together under the wishes of Yuki Kuran.

It was a beautiful castle like school, three stories high but wide and grand. Pale bricks and pointed windows made up the building, and the iron gates were decorated with rose motifs forged with care and precision. A set of grand wooden doors stood at the entrance, bearing the symbol of Cross Institute, unchanged from its original design, welcoming all students who would attend such elite education. The castle like structure wrapped itself around a peaceful garden, filled with beautiful plants and flowers. There, the path behind the school would diverge into two paths, leading up to the dorm gates that were guarded day and night, twenty four-seven by the Guardians of the school to prevent humans from walking into the dens of vampires and vampires waltzing into the homes of humans. A large private lake stood between the Moon and the Sun Dorms, their teachers lived not too far away beside their respective species' dorm. Cross Institute was truly a breathtaking place to learn in.

Standing before the great wooden doors to the school was a tall blond man with piercing blue eyes. He wore a tight suit, smoothed out white business shirt buttoned right up to the collar and a onyx black vest on top. Hanging from his breast pocket was the chain of a pocket watch, which he held in his hand. A monocle winked down at the gathering of students, all chattering and giggling among each others as they waited for the principal's address.

The sun had already been in the sky for many hours. Soon it would be sunset, the light falling into a gentle orange. Despite the goal of cohabitation, it was clear that one section of the courtyard was filled with humans, while the other side stood crowds of vampires of all levels, hiding underneath parasols to keep their sensitive skin away from the harsh rays of the sun. Their mortal counterparts gawked at their beauty, whispered and pointed, but the vampires paid them no heed.

Kazuki sighed inaudibly, things will not simply change in a fortnight. The amount of students both old and new were many, but the courtyard was clearly big enough to support everyone. There was nothing to block their way, evergreen trees stood to attention on the sides of the path, creating a green wall that shielded them from prying eyes. Even further ahead were the iron bar gates that were locked shut to prevent strangers from walking into the school.

"Good evening to all of you. Cross Institute welcomes all our new students. And we say 'welcome back' to our old students! A new year of education is waiting for you!" He smiled politely at the crowd of students, his blue eyes calm yet shining with an almost pleased light. "I am Kazuki Cross, the headmaster of this school. Nothing brings me more joy than to see new faces. This school was founded on my relatives' belief that humans and vampires were able to live together and learn together, to see each other as equals. We strive to continue this goal, and thus all of you..." the tall man waved his hand over the crowd. "Will do just that. Hopefully you will all be able to get along and become close like good friends."

Polite clapping soon filled the courtyard, the students glancing askance at each other after the Headmaster's short speech. They were all mostly children of the elite of society, from children of politicians and wealthy business owners, to top students and star athletes. And of course, not to forget, the famed Night Class. Once again coming up after hundreds of years, the children of vampire lords have agreed to let their children study and mingle with humans. Only now, Kazuki intended to actually make them interact and befriend each other. The school would need to be united as a whole.

@Sen [Kin Shirabuki, Akihiko Tsuruoka, Fei Lihua]
@Hana [Masaru Shirabuki, Theodore Mercer, Sayuri Shiki]
@Danger [Kikena Aido, Akio Fukui]
@Ringmaster [Okita Goro, Arthur Maximus III, Henry Wayne]
@Cinna [Ayana Morizumi]
@Kurogane86 [Kei Kiryu]
@Zero The Grim [Alucarn Tepes]
@JinxMonster [Alessia Vanlithe, Cassandra Yagari, Felicity Yagari]
@T.O.M. [Trevor Kovich]
@Shounen Senpai [Reiner Weisenhart]
@TenaciousMuffin [Ayumu Shimizu]

Last edited:
20pa2ds.png

@Hana
A young man stood in the shadow of the looming school, blinking up at the man that was the headmaster of the school. He sighed, scarlet eyes travelling to the crowds of people that had gathered in front of the school. New students and old students were chattering excitably, whispering among friends whom they had not seen for goodness knows when. Kin was a young man who didn't like crowds. They were too noisy and he would rather spend his days doing something more productive than loitering around other people or spending time with his dearest sister. But there was another reason he didn't particularly like having people around him in general. All living beings had life essence, it is the inner energy that powers every function in any organic life. Unfortunately, the young Pureblood was painfully aware of each and every motion and movement of this... life essence. It surrounded him on all sides, each with different wavelengths and color depending on their strength and lifespan a well as personality. He lived a noisy life no matter where he went, but he had learnt how to ignore it.

Besides, there was always someone beside him, one person who could make him smile. And also a person whose life essence was a little harder to read and less noticeable compared to everyone else in the world around him. Masaru, his little sister, the only one he cared about in his life. She was standing beside him, dropped off at the same time by one of the butlers in the Shirabuki household. It was still early for vampires to be roaming about, and looking into the crowd of gathered vampire students, some were rubbing their eyes and yawning and trying their best to listen to Kazuki Cross. With the rays of the sun still beaming down at them in the sky and with a few hours to spare before sunset, most of his kind stood under parasols with friends or by themselves to protect their skin. As usual he was holding one up for him and his sister, his much shorter counterpart and lovable twin. And of course, he tried to keep her out of trouble and rushing headfirst to talk to anyone who walked past them.

Their father was nowhere to be seen among the small crowds of parents standing further down the road, husbands' arms resting on their wives' shoulders looking at their children with proud expressions. Kin's eyes narrowed, they were fortunate to have such good families. So lucky not to be cursed with some ability and a monster of a father. And... a mother.

"Masaru-chan. Stop moving about, we need to keep still for the headmaster's address." Kin sighed, squeezing his twin's much smaller hand. She always liked to move around no matter what, unable to sit still for long. "It is my job to look after you, so will you listen to your big brother?" He smiled down at Masaru, using the parasol to hide the 'rare' joyful expression on his face away from the eyes of the crowd. "I hope our rooms get to be close together. We can paint in each other's rooms like we normally do."
1ht5zt.png

"Oh! Magnificent! This building is bigger than anything I have ever seen!" Akihiko titled his head back to admire Cross Institute, his mouth agape and eyes wide with wonder. "Perhaps it is because I have spent my life out in the mountains, yes? The school looks so... western." He looked slightly out of place in the crowd of vampires, donning on the traditional robes that he would normally wear in the mountains. Long sleeved kimonos dyed with indigo and purples, red and gold tassels and lightweight armor to protect his chest and shoulders. A golden crane was embroidered onto his back, a symbol of the windcaster Tsuruoka clan. All members of the Tsuruoka family were required to wear armor unless they were doing household tasks, even the women. They had to be armed at all times, even if it was the smallest of swords. That was the requirement and duty of the Tsuruoka, trained to be the shadow of Purebloods. Following their orders, decimating their enemies. Even though their clan was slowly becoming more and more redundant as the law set by Lady Yuki Kuran passed, they were still the children of the Tsuruoka. Not even Akihiko could escape the grasp of the rules and traditions of the old ways.

He wondered what he must look like to the other students, appearing like a foreigner who had appeared out of nowhere, or some sort of actor they would see on their funny electric boxes they could watch shows on. One hand holding his invitation to the school and the other holding a heavy-looking sheathed sword. It was a beautiful odachi, a weapon passed down in the family. As the fourth son, Akihiko had received one of the treasures of the family... even though it was also one of the most annoying among all of them. A sword, used to help cast wind? It sounded absurd, but although it was troublesome to carry it about, it harbored potential for its wielder. And over time, the young man had become accustomed to its heavy weight. Gold and maroon red, swirling patterns of cranes mid-flight dancing along the sheath. The maroon then wound its way to the grip, winding itself tightly around it where he could easily draw his weapon and act like he had practiced for thirteen years of his life. But for now, it was safer if he just held onto it. The last thing he wanted was to cause trouble on his first day.

He had never been into the city before. Akihiko spent most of his life in the country. Seeing the high rise buildings for the first time had almost given the poor boy a heart attack. They were so tall he swore they touched the sky. So much technology he had never seen, or machines to perform simple tasks he had always done by hand back at home. Sometimes he would get homesick, but other times he never regretted coming down from the mountains to partake in a new life.​

2uhy82h.png

Fei Lihua was happy. She had found a place where she could stay without fear of people chasing her anymore... or anything worse happening on the road. She had been sitting in the library on the top floor, looking down at the window to see the new students come and gather around, waiting for the headmaster to address the newcomers. They all looked fresh-faced and excited... on the human side at least. The vampires seemed tired and bored, which didn't surprise Lihua at the least. She considered herself lucky to be able to walk in the sun without feeling faint or sick. Unlike most of the other students, Lihua had already made herself home in Cross Institute a few days earlier than the arrival of the students. It was all thanks to the Hunter's Association who had helped her on her way here to the school, treating her like she was a part of their family. They were kind people, helping her get here and providing a way of contact unless she needed anything... she sighed. This was one of the best years of her life.

She pushed the book she had been reading back onto the bookshelf where it belonged, peering down the window one more time. "I better go and join them," she said to herself, smiling as she skipped down the halls she was starting to become familiar with. The school was large, big enough to fit all those students and more. It was comfortable and homey and it brought joy to Lihua's heart. Even the dorms were posh and extravagant, as if they were the chambers of royals! "I should go out the side door... I shouldn't interrupt the headmaster or scare everyone if I just walked out of the front door, hee~" she chuckled to herself, making a detour to one of the exits that lead to the side of the school.

The grey-haired girl peeped from around the corner of the school, her eyes sparkling at the sight of so many people in one spot. Parents, humans and vampires, all standing together. She noticed that there were a few Purebloods, causing her to purse her lips and frown a little. "Ah, well. Maybe I should just avoid them. I- I can be friends with the nobles instead, they're kind of nice."

• Love
Reactions: Hana
90n7gm.jpg

Date: June 10, 1000 (Evening)

As the Headmaster of Cross Institute concluded his introductory oration, Reiner Weisenhart had just similarly finished reading the fictitious novel entitled "The Exorcist". The white-haired young man peeked outside the well-crafted window of the institution, cradling the book on his arm, and with a placid smile on his face as he overheard the synchronous clapping of students old and new, vampire and human alike. He felt as if this was going to be a glorious year for the two races to finally cohabitate and live in unity and harmony.

This moment in history was monumental. The Cross Institute, formerly known as the Cross Academy, was a human-exclusive school headed by the legendary vampire hunter Kazuki Cross. Standing tall for over a thousand years, the establishment became well-known throughout the millenia, gathering only the elites of society. Now, after following through the wishes of the famed vampire queen, Yuuki Kuran, the prestigious school has changed its name and its ways. They were finally going to allow the Night Class, vampire students of different clans and hierarchies, to enroll here. Reiner, being a giddy young man who absolutely adores the cohabitation between vampire and humankind, wanted to live his life as an educator of the two races and bonding them together. With good fortuity on his side, Reiner had achieved his "dream"; being assigned the role of a teacher for the English Grammar and Elective Philosophy classes. Before classes began, he was introduced to the structure of the whole institute, and by now, he had memorized the layout of the school. He was the youngest in the generation of teachers in the establishment, starting as early as 22. Needless to say, he was filled to the brim with excitement.

After his observation of the huddled races, Reiner noticed a young female ran past him. Glancing at her, Reiner could see the comparable excitement in her face as she ran down the hallway. Returning the book to its rightful place and picking up his signature red parasol, the young man followed right after, exiting the library and slowly traversing through the halls of the glorious and well-crafted building of Cross Institute. Reaching the courtyard of the academy, he peered on the compressed yet separate groups of the Day and Night classes. Reiner let out a sigh, expressing his slight dismay. He had already predicted this would happen, as this was the first time students of different origins get to mingle in amity and goodwill. However, Reiner wasn't going to give up just yet. He wanted to prove that vampires and humans can live in equity and without racial discrimination.

Filled with determination, Reiner skipped through the looming shadow of the courtyard. There, he saw the same short, gray-haired lass that had run past him a while ago. The female seemed troubled on who to approach, judging by her movements and facial expression. The fact was further cemented when he overheard her murmuring on her decision of who she was going to befriend. Moving towards her unaware, Reiner gave a pat on the girl's head and spoke in a calm, gentle voice.

"You seem troubled, young miss. Worry not! Here, humans and vampires alike will begin to practice mutual attachment to each other. So you can bond with anyone you like, even the Purebloods!"

Finishing his sentence, his hands slowly escaped the short female's head, looking down on her as he gave a reassuring smile, with his immaculate appearance resembling him to that of an angel offering guidance. "Ah, I almost forgot!" He gently bowed down in front of the lass, introducing himself.

"The name's Reiner. Reiner Weisenhart. I'm a teacher at this academy. I'm also a peacekeeper. Pleased to make your acquaintance, young madam. Welcome to Cross Institute!"
Interactions: Lihua Fei (@Sen)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
2qt8z74.png

It had been a long, nerve-wracking trip ensuring his work survived the journey to the Academy. Not that he had any doubts of course, but it was always best to be wary. His laboratory equipment and samples donated over the years were exceptionally precious to him above mere possessions. Also....There was something else he didn't want them to disturb. He winced and briefly rose a hand to massage his temples.

It was late and in the small apartment, the sound of a window being carefully opened was the only noise to disturb the peace of the impromptu laboratory. Formula's were scribbled on the very walls as chalkboards ran out of room and the hiss of the chemists flames and the murky red of the blood samples, gave off the impression that a mad scientist lived here.

This was halfway true.

For the creature that loomed suddenly in the darkness, Mad was a designation used by tiny minds to explain away those with a grip on the world as it truly was. A masked nightmare in black and red, he marched over to the bathroom to wash his hands, the blood stained leather gloves incinerated safely with the equipment on hand. The rest of the costume was hidden away, in a box marked 'Accounting Books'.

And the face of Henry Wayne stared out impassively. And yet, it wasn't. There was none of the good doctors genial nature. His eyes were more cruel and lined with savagery, there was a twist of the mouth that suggested a permanent sneer. If there was ever a face to personify hatred, it would be that expression now as he wordlessly dressed for bed.

And so Matthias Hyde slept, a job well done as three hours later, Henry's alarm went off and once more, the Doctor woke up tired as he sometimes did....

....Oh, right! He beamed as he turned around and politely excused himself among the student crowd, heading for the transport that brought most of them here.

Just in time to see it drive off without him.

".....WAIT!"

----------

Fifteen minutes later, Henry would be panting with exhaustion, hands on his knees as in his right hand, the carpetbag with all his worldly possessions other then his work was gripped tight. That was close. Next time, he would not forget his luggage! And with a more cheerful smile, Henry skipped off towards the gate, moving around the crowd of students in an attempt to get settled in. And then perhaps, a meeting with the Headmaster and his fellow faculty members? He grinned even wider.

Oh he couldn't wait for the school year to begin!

----------

Earlier....

----------

iqzuz4.jpg

The bus drove pass and a few minutes later, a somewhat skinny individual with a harried look ran past after it, tattered labcoat tails flying in his wake. The incident was enough to make the girl knitting on the grass look up in mild interest, as it wasn't something you saw every day. She was a student, of course. Dressed in the uniform of the academy, sans the cape she wore over her shoulders. Light pink hair dangled to her shoulders, a compromise between practical and her innate nature. It would have been an impressive look...And it was, but for one thing to detract it.

And it revealed herself the moment she stood up and placed her knitting under her arm.

There were those who met Okita for the first time, who opened their conversations once with the words 'Hi-Ho'.

Once.

You can do what you like, but don't mention the height. She sighed inwardly, making her way through the crowd of students by dint of a rather sharp knitting needle, prodding now and then to clear a way till she could be at the front. Jumping was so undignified after all and she'd listen to the Headmaster, arms crossed as she took in some of the others.

Its a jumpy semester. Most of the vampires are either connected to the old families and clans and ditto for the hunters. I can't be the only one who reads the papers and listens at keyholes, right? This isn't just a school year...Its a test. To see if the old ideals that bigshot supported publicly would work. Without getting stabbed in the back anyway.

No matter.

She flicked a glance to the expanse between the two....Humans and vampires. With people like her in the middle. She frowned, despite herself and crossed her arms in thought.

She had just got here and she wasn't liking the signs so much.

---------
To the Right
---------

213hyxe.jpg

Arthur was afraid.

Not of vampires to be frank. That was just a fact of life and if you were scared of those, you were going to have a bad time as you grew up. No, what was scaring him to be frank...Was the unfamiliarity. He had grown up on the estate for all of his fifteen years and knew nothing of the outside world beyond it. It had vaguely been assumed that everything was more or less the same, so when he saw the city for the first time- Those great buildings, all those folk crammed in? He had been startled. He was every inch the country bumpkin from the backwater and he knew it. Whats more, he knew nobody here either. Clans and what not that was a given for others, was absent from his own knowledge growing up. He had been tossed from the pond and into the sea, figuratively speaking.

He missed his friend.

And hands in his pockets, he listened carefully to the speech of the Headmaster, his glance falling in curiosity to the vampires.

So that was what they looked like? Honestly...He was slightly taken aback.

Beyond the asymmetrical features, the umbrellas and the faces they looked much like, well....People like him. No, scratch that.

They were people like him. Students, teenagers- Those who lived for centuries as rumor had surely wouldn't spend their time in a school like this, right? How many of them must be feeling as he did, or even more so, annoyed at the gawking? Granted, so was he and realizing it he looked away. And once more, his resolve came to the forefront as it always did.

Arthur had never given up on anything nor let something like a challenge get the best of him.

And it wasn't going to start today.​

• Love
2uhy82h.png

@Shounen Senpai (Reiner Weisenhart)
"Eep!" she cried out, startled at the touch on her head and jumping back slightly to see who it was. It was a much taller man with bright, enthusiastic eyes holding a scarlet parasol that looked eerily similar to the ones she would hold to dance and sing back in the comfort of her mother's teahouse, twirling on stage with joy. "Sorry, mister. I didn't see you there~" Her voice was apologetic and low, bowing several times to show respect. She had seen most of the teachers at Cross Institute during her early stay, especially on her tour around the campus and being shown around the teacher's dorms. They were all young-looking, some cheerful and some looking like they would be the strict moody teachers. Lihua didn't know the name of this parasol man, but she had seen him lurking about the gates to the Sun and Moon dorms.

Lihua smiled a small smile. "I- I just don't like Purebloods, that's all. They're kind of scary... but I'm good with everyone else!" She said, her smile widening. "Some of those nobles look kinda interesting! Don't you think? I wonder what kind of people they are..." the young girl wondered aloud, peering at their mostly bored faces with interest. She knew Purebloods to be pretty and elegant, almost perfect in every way possible. They were the rarest of their kind, according to her research and also feared by others below them. Lihua found the elemental abilities of nobles somewhat cool, like gods and demigods in her favourite fantasy books. But the fact that Purebloods also had the power to turn humans like her into a vampire... she shuddered. Who knows if there might be a psycho among the Purebloods that know the rules?

"Oh! I forgot to introduce myself as well!" she laughed, dipping low for yet another polite bow. "I am Fei Lihua, nice to meet you, Mr. Weisenhart. And thank you~ I almost miss school, you know? So it's an honor to come here!" Her expression shifted into one deep in thought, as if she was trying to remember something she had seen or heard before. "You're the English and Philosophy teacher, right? I'm not taking Philiosophy... but I look forward to you teaching English, laoshi (teacher)~"

2zr2m4j.png

Time: Late Afternoon to Early Evening
Voice Code: #fc5d70
@Sen (Kin Shirabuki)

We're here. We're really here! I wonder what it's like inside that building? It's so pretty... But that man looks a little scary -

She was standing in front of their new school, the farthest she had ever been from the halls of their own estate. Masaru shifted restlessly on her feet, almost tripping on the hems of her dress as she leaned forward. Only her brother's firm grip on her hand kept her from dashing forward to the building, a buzzing energy filling her up. Her bright eyes were wide as she peered up at the school, taking in the large and beautiful main building before straying to the blond man who introduced himself as the Headmaster. A momentary purse of petal-pink lips marred the smile on her face, before the girl's soft features were once again in a radiant smile. Unlike most of the other vampire students, Masaru looked very awake and eager to start the 'day'.

Her head swiveled and turned left and right as she watched other people walk past, some under parasols marking them as of her kind and some looking at ease under the sun. Masaru had always wanted to play under the sun, but it left most vampires drowsy and irritable. But not her.

The younger Shirabuki twin had always been that way, an endless energy keeping her up and about during most of the night hours and well into the daylight. It was in stark contrast to the much more sedate form of her brother, who loomed over beside her with his height. They were truly like day and night, a sunny smile marking the younger twin and her face, whereas Kin wore barely any expression on his face. Masaru glanced at her brother as she heard him speak, a pout forming on her face as she tilted her head upwards. "But isn't he finished speaking, nii-san? Look, the other students are even walking around-" Her eyes caught the rare smile on his face and she knew he wasn't upset with her. She grinned, her brother in a good mood would always put her in an even better mood.

"Can we talk to other people later, please?" She did her best to cease her fidgeting, now just bouncing lightly on the balls of her feet. Her hair ribbons bobbed up and down over her head, an elaborately braided hairstyle left as a keepsake for her to bring to the school on her first day. Pale blonde hair, almost a shade of white if it weren't for the delicate shading of pink, like cherry petals, shone with golden light under the late afternoon sun as she poked her head out of the shade of their parasol, half-gathered in a braided loop that was secured by bright red and white ribbons. Her eyes looked inquisitively up at her brother, a silent plea in the clear red gaze. "I mean, that's why we're here at an actual school, right? Otherwise Father wouldn't have allowed me to go out at all... Nii-san?" He was always so smart, he knew more than her and their father talked more to him. Kin was always much more useful to their father, though sometimes he looked like he didn't want to be. Masaru didn't understand it, didn't he love the man who raised him?

Looking away, she smiled as she noticed some of the other students who stared back at her with wide eyes. The humans were so fascinating! They didn't look much different from vampires, what was the difference? They had eyes to see, noses to breathe and smell, mouths to speak and eat, hands and arms and legs just like a vampire's - except, she remembered, they didn't drink blood. It was so strange and foreign to her, not to want blood. The other vampires, her straying eyes realized, were avoiding looking at her. Masaru would really have to do her best to make new friends, but she was determined to find them.

i2ko3l.png

Time: Late Afternoon - Early Evening
Voice Code: #e68b02
@Ringmaster (Henry Wayne)

A tawny brown gaze peered up at the platform of the Headmaster, the owner of the pair of eyes standing with an impassive expression, away from the main body of the students. He could see the divide, even from how he was situated away from them. On one side were the vampires, hiding underneath their pretty parasols and staring back at the humans who stood at the other side. It seemed like the hunters were going to be a middle way between the two races, and that could be a good or a bad thing. Theodore avoided looking at either, shoving his hands deeper into the pockets of his coat. Despite the relatively warm weather, the young man was wrapped up in layers of clothing, and didn't appear to be affected by the heat.

He felt... Numb. It had only been a few days before that the Headmaster had taken him in, for there was nowhere for him to go. He certainly couldn't go back to living with his family, not the way he was now, had been for two years. Living in that house, under those silent and accusing gazes didn't help. The Hunters' Association hardly knew what to do with him, a supposed rising star among his generation. A boy with possibly the most powerful summon animal spirit for long times to come, and no slouch either when it came to his own physical abilities. When he had been turned into a vampire, his own kind was in an uproar...

Theodore wondered what happened to the admiring looks his younger brother, Richard, used to send him. Richie had always looked up to him, but now he was too afraid to even come near him. His older sister Elizabeth and older brother Clarence had never particularly cared for him, and even less so now.

His eyes flickered as he heard ragged breathing, out of place among the students, who stared at a harried looking man in a lab coat. Theodore looked down at the carpetbag clutched tight in one of the man's hands, then the man's grinning face. "Would you require some assistance for your belongings, sir?" He asked the man, approaching quietly and ever polite. Though it looked like he didn't have any other luggage. "And may I ask if you are part of the staff of this institution? If so, you may approach the Headmaster after he has finished his opening address. I believe he intends to gather the staff, both Day and Night, for a short meeting until the evening welcome gathering."

I wonder where that girl is.

He hadn't seen his fellow ex-human, though the Headmaster had mentioned she was already at the school. His charge, Kazuki Cross had told him. A human, not a hunter, who had been turned by a rogue Pureblood. Then again, he hadn't gone out of his way to talk or even meet the people staying at the school, choosing to spend his days sleeping in his room or staring up at the stars on the roof of the Moon dormitory. He did have to meet her later eventually, considering he would have to spend a lot of his time watching over her. Because unlike him, she didn't... Properly turn into an ex-human.
2mre1yw.jpg

Time: Late Afternoon - Early Evening
Voice Code: #fa0c28

"I'm late, and on the orientation day at that!" A flash of deep red dashed past the guard stationed at the main gate, two harried-looking Common vampires hurrying after her. The deep red shade in question actually belonged to a young woman's hair, the curly red locks tumbling freely down her back and whipping up and behind her as she ran to the courtyard. And in high heels, at that. Sayuri hardly noticed the rather perilous way the thin heels bore down on the concrete path, somehow accomplishing making the run look graceful.

Tch, I live on high heels.

Her eyes were firmly set ahead of her, blinking at the wide courtyard that soon appeared, filled with crowds of students. She immediately noticed where her fellow vampires stood, a fine brow arching as she watched them yawn and murmur among themselves. Bright and early, huh? She thought with a hint of humor as she saw the almost bedraggled expressions they wore. And to the other side, the humans... She widened her eyes and immediately ducked underneath her own parasol, a finely laced black and red affair that blocked out the rays of the sun from her fair white skin.

"Miss Sayuri, please wait for us!" She looked over her shoulder at the plaintive cries of the two vampires who stumbled after her, balancing her luggage on their arms. Good thing for them they were Common vampires with enhanced strength, or the sheer weight of the many bags and suitcases they were carrying would have crushed them. Sayuri pursed her lips, eyes flickering warily to the crowds of students before she turned around.

"I'm sorry for rushing," she breathed out, sighing and reaching out to pick out a large white luggage case to carry in her other hand. An apologetic smile on her face, Sayuri bowed her head to the two servants who had come to help her get settled at Cross Institute. She would dismiss them later on, once her belongings had been settled in her new room. I hope my roommate isn't some boring girl who wold complain about piles and piles of fabric and shoes. Otherwise, we would have a problem on our hands. Her eyes narrowed as she dragged her luggage behind her on its wheels, approaching the vampire side of the students.

And I certainly hope I wouldn't have to see her too often. Almost swallowing, she let her eyes scan the faces of the vampire students, hoping against hope yet at the same time dreading to see the face of her former friend. Why, oh why, did she have to attend the same school as Kikena Aido?

She soon noticed the figures that stood out from the rest. Two blondes, male and female, standing a little away from the other vampires. Or rather, the other vampires keeping their distance from the two. Purebloods, she realized, and then recognized the male. Kin and Masaru Shirabuki are here... That was a little worrying. She immediately looked away, lest either of the two notice her eyes on them and looked around for someone else to talk to. She had no doubt the other aristocrat students had already noticed her, some looking her way already and looking as if they were going to walk towards her.

• Love
20pa2ds.png

@Hana (Masaru Shirabuki)
Kin sighed, ruffling his sister's hair in response. "I do not think he has finished yet. We still have no idea what to do yet, he's supposed to tell us that, silly." He always wondered how his sister could be so energetic about life in general. It was ironic, considering the fact she was a child of Death. He could tell that other vampires feared him and his sister, even now when he looked around at the other vampires, they cast them strange looks or avoided them all together. The Shirabuki family name had already been tarnished once by their relative and his parents' union was not one of the best of decisions... considering they were two of the most feared families in the community. A Hio and a Shirabuki.

He would have been lying if he said the looks other cast him didn't bother him. But on the other hand, his sister didn't sound bothered either. She was always happy and smiling and incredibly easy to cheer up even when she was sad. A hug was sufficient, or just spending the next few minutes with the young girl. Who wouldn't feel happy just by being around this blonde ball of energy? Masaru, unlike him, liked to be around people. "Of course we can. We get to meet everyone who will live with us at the dorms. You can talk to them then, and I'll be there with you." It was dangerous to leave Masaru alone with anyone without him. She was a storm. "Father brought us here so we can learn new things we cannot at home, Masaru-chan." His scarlet eyes narrowed, a tired smile appearing on his lips. "Look at yourself, you've been moving so much your ribbons are moving... I told you not to jump around." The Shirabuki heir chuckled before reached out to readjust the ribbons in her hair, remembering that these were the ones he had gifted her for one of her birthdays. Sometimes he almost thought of himself as her mother, always looking out for her and caring for her - something their father never did.

"Father enrolled you in Musical Performance, didn't he?" He rested his hand on her shoulder, face stern and worried. A glint of warning and caution in the deep depths of his eyes. "Remember what you must do, if I am not there. I can't keep an eye on you in that class, but I trust you to take care of yourself, Masaru-chan." His sister wasn't that hopeless, and he knew of those... lessons that his father had given her. He tightened his tie, the young heir donning on a sharp suit for the event, hoping that he wouldn't have to face any incidents.​

1ht5zt.png

@Hana (Sayuri Shiki)
The first thing he had to do was get to know the people of the city. He had no friends here, nor did he know anyone. During his journey down the mountains he hadn't bumped into any of his kin yet. It would be upsetting if he hadn't managed to speak to anyone before classes begin, and it would be awkward if he had to sit alone. Even back in the mountains he had someone to converse with - his siblings. Looking around, he wondered if any of these vampires had brought along any friends, or recognized each other. A complete different situation from Akihiko.

Turning around, he spotted a young woman who looked as if she had been running down to meet the rest of the crowd. He blinked at her, her choice in clothing was very... city-like. Akihiko's head dipped to see her shoes, recognizing the 'high heels' - as they called it - that women often wore. It was astonishing how women could call a sole resting on top of a thin stick a shoe. It offered no support whatsoever, and it certainly didn't look comfortable. And her hair, her hair was breathtaking. He looked down at the sheath of his sword. It was almost the same color! "Wow, miss. Your hair is like the colour of fire! Or like the silks of kimonos!" his eyes were wide open with wonder as he stared at the strands. "I have only seen men and women with golden hair, but never red. Is it artificial?" The young man was akin to a little boy in a shopping center, seeing things for the first time and constantly nagging parents to tell him what this and that was. "I am Tsuruoka. Akihiko Tsuruoka. I come from the mountains... so everything is a little new for me. My apologies if I offended you, miss."

• Love
2zr2m4j.png

@Sen (Kin Shirabuki)

Masaru jumped slightly as a hand landed on the back of her head, a feather-light touch on her hair ribbons making her turn back to look at her twin. "There's nothing wrong with moving around, nii-san~ You should try it too," she lifted a small pale hand to bat away the hand that was fixing her ribbons, puffing her cheek at his words. "And it's no fun if I can't move around!" Despite the complaint leaving her lips there was a smile on her face as she heard his characteristic laugh, small and quiet but still making her insides all warm and pleased. "I wasn't even jumping or you would have been chasing me all around the place, o-nii-san~" She sounded out the last few syllables with a tinkling little laugh, her lips drawing out the word to last longer. "And you're either awfully slow to end my fun or too freaking fast!"

Her smile dropped slightly as the mirth disappeared from Kin's face, his eyes shifting to something more serious. Kin was always worried about her, and it was time that she did prove to him that she could - she wasn't completely hopeless without him. Sure, it made her feel a little lost, honestly a little overwhelmed to be alone in this huge world outside of their home, but she liked to think she wasn't that helpless. Even if she hardly knew how to find her way around alone. "You don't have to worry so much, older brother," reaching for his hand that had touched her earlier, she grabbed it and pulled it towards her cheek, nuzzling his palm with a smile as she peered up at him. Why was he so tall again, when they were supposedly twins? "I can take care of myself, you'll see. I'll tell you all about my day when we are in our rooms here and you'll know that I can behave myself just fine, okay? And then you can also tell me all about your day." Her smile warmed and she closed her eyes. "Let's do this everyday, alright nii-san?"

She didn't want to see him so troubled and serious today. Planting a small kiss on the palm of his hand, she pulled back and looked away, still with an upwards curve to her lips. "I'll stay put until the Headmaster man finishes his speech."
2mre1yw.jpg

@Sen (Akihiko Tsuruoka)

"... Wow, miss. Your hair is like the color of fire!..."

The redhaired young lady had been flashing a faint yet becoming little smile to the other students who looked her way, lifting her hand in a little wave. Upon hearing the voice, though, who sounded like a young man, she blinked in surprise at his words. What did he say about her hair again? My hair? Like fire? Is he blind? Her hair wasn't a blazing red like that of the Akatsuki clan, it was more like the deep and dark red lilies that she was named for - this boy, had he been living under a rock in the past ten years? How come he had never seen red hair before?

Her silver eyes met rather pretty golden ones, and she quirked a brow at him and his outfit. A kimono. He must be from the more traditional families, and an Aristocrat. I've never seen him before though, and he's my age. Strange. A laugh escaped her as she shook her head at his introduction, a still bemused smile on her lips. "Well, I can't say that anyone ever described this shade of red to resemble fire. You're an interesting boy, Tsuruoka-kun." Him coming from the mountains sure did explain why she never saw him before, was he from one of the more reclusive families?

Sayuri's voice was teasing, the girl easily slipping into her usual charming personality as she moved forward in front of him. "I'm not offended, not to worry..." Tilting her head, she glanced down at his clothing. "Would you like someone to help you get accustomed to a city setting, then? You must feel lost. Ah, I haven't introduced myself yet, have I? Shiki Sayuri, pleased to meet you~" He was, at any rate, more interesting than the usual Aristocrat boys she associated herself with.

Last edited:
n3lve8.jpg

Ayana knew she was late from the commotion she could clearly hear on the other side of the gate, and though she knew she should be hurrying inside. She was frozen in place, her dark purple bags were all laid at her feet as she collected her thoughts. This was in fact what she had asked for, it was what she wanted, at least, that's what she thought. So why was she stopping now? Easy, she was scared, she was essentially throwing herself into an unknown world, where she knew nobody, and nobody knew her....personally at least.

"I hope you don't plan on standing their all day," Came the familiar, reassuring voice of her mother. Ayana turned her head glancing back at the older woman whom stood tall, poise and refinement emanating off her as she graced her child with a warm smile. "This is exactly what you asked for, there's no point in having second thoughts now." Ayana opened her mouth to say something for a moment as she turned to face her before closing it once more, nothing escaping but a small sigh. The current Morizumi leader walked over to her daughter placing a hand on her shoulder as she spoke, "You know, the most courageous people aren't those that don't fear anything. But the ones that have fears, and face each one of them head on. It's different, and right now might seem a little scary, but just because it looks a little intimidating doesn't mean it is. I just want you to know, I'm extremely proud of you Ayana, now I want you to go before you miss everything." The woman told her rubbing her shoulder gently, before giving her a small pat on it as she took a step back.

Ayana looked up at her mom, a smile turning up the corners of her lips, "Thank you," She said as the remaining lingering feelings of doubt left her body, and she turned back around pulling her bags off the ground and onto her shoulders. "Bye mom! I love you!" She called over her shoulders as she passed through the gate and made her way over to the crowd of people ahead of her in the courtyard. Her mother's words still floating around in her mind pushing away the doubts she'd previously had. She had in fact asked for this, she wanted it with a burning passion. She wanted to know what the world was like outside of her home. She actually wanted to know a human, talk to other hunters, meet a aristocrat or pureblood, she was ready for whatever the institute could throw at her. She slowed her walk down when she finally reached the crowd, the walk had felt like it had taken hours, the distance seemed too long as her excitement had built up. Though once she was in the crowd and began looking around at everyone, and all the unfamiliar faces. It died down the slightest bit as she realized she didn't know anyone, literally. Her eyes darted for two blonde students, a male and female standing under an umbrella. Before moving over to the woman with vibrant red hair talking to a man wearing... armor? A sight unusual even for her, and finally her eyes rested on Headmaster Cross. He was the reason she was allowed to leave her home, part of her felt indebted to him for the opportunity. She made a mental not to be sure to thank him at some point if she had the opportunity. She sat her bags down at her feet once again, noticing the abundance of everyone wearing shoes as she glanced down. She felt a bit subconscious as she glanced down at her bare feet and made a mental note to invest in shoes.....possibly. She began fiddling with the arm cuff jewelry situated around her wrists as she searched the crowd for a friendly face, not quiet sure how to approach anyone there.​

• Love

dm8kf6.jpg

[fieldbox=Kikena Aido, #008080, solid]
It's too early.

That was the main thought going through the young noble's mind. She was standing under a dark blue parasol, standing at a somewhat distance from the rest of the vampires. Not as far back as the purebloods, of course, but the temperature around her didn't seem to be warming up any time soon. She was tired, and although her parasol kept out most of the sunlight, it was still draining. Yet she had to be there, as it was a new school. Her parents were relying on her, as she was the heiress.

As the tall blonde looked around, she could easily see the divide between the humans and the vampires. While she half listened to the headmaster talk, her eyes were searching the crowd of vampires for a familiar face. One that she hoped she wouldn't find, yet eventually knew she would. The pit in her stomach served all too well as a reminder of what had happened, and she silently cursed herself. Why this school? Out of every other school that could've sent her an invitation, it had to be this one. It had to be the one with Sayuri Shiki.

Kikena had arrived early, and was regretting it. The heat and light made for a rather uncomfortable feeling, yet she had to be the face of the Aido family in this school. Arriving late would not do. However arriving on time was probably a better idea. Sighing softly to herself, she looked around the group of vampires once again. When she spotted the twins, her eyes widened and she quickly looked away. Kin and Masaru Shirabuki? What on earth were they doing here? Kikena, of course, had heard the rumours. Weren't they a danger to everyone present? Their powers... Either way, Kikena would keep her mouth shut. Talking ill of purebloods was not taken lightly, and she wasn't about to go and tarnish her family reputation.

That's when The Ice Queen spotted her former childhood friend. Of course she was late. Kikena allowed a small smile to form. Typical. The two common vampires following her as well, overburdened with many things. However when she got to the gate, the female turned away and used her parasol to hide her from view. No, she didn't want to be seen. She wanted to avoid the other as much as possible. And yet... It was likely they would have to interact as some point. Just not today... Please.
[/fieldbox]

300qvtf.jpg

[fieldbox=Akio Fukui, #9d8c0d, solid]
So many new people to interact with.

Akio grinned as he surveyed the crowd, sighing inwardly. Of course he wouldn't be able to spot Okita... He was standing near the back, and had lost her on the way in. She was probably at the front, by any guess. With her height, she couldn't exactly see over people. Oh well, that meant more time for him to socialise and do his own thing without her knowing. Although she would likely get it out of him later.

Glancing over to the vampire "section" Akio's golden eyes widened. Why... Oh gosh. They were all so pretty! Had Okita been there, she probably would've whacked him over the head. If she knew what he was thinking, at least. And if she could reach, which was unlikely. Either way, she wasn't there right now and he could do whatever the hell he wanted.

With a loud sigh, Akio took a step over the divide. It was irritating him. Vampires and humans were meant to get along at this school and yet there was this thing. It was clear to everyone in the area that there was this thing. Well, that thing was going to be no more. The black haired male began making his way, slowly, over to the vampire side. They looked so much better up close anyway, and he wanted to get to know some. He wasn't even listening to the Headmaster, as it was probably boring stuff anyway.

Grinning widely, Akio scanned his prospects. There! There were two vampires standing further away from the rest, both with blonde hair and sort of red eyes. For some reason, the other vampires were kinda avoiding them. However when he made his way closer, he could feel why. They were purebloods, the feared and respected. But that didn't stop Akio. Sure, they were powerful and strong, but it was unlikely that they would do anything at this school. And the female twin looked kinda lonely to him, with what, only her brother around her. Though he was kinda handsome, the cold look and aura put him off. Plus pureblood. Plus vampire hunter. Plus what would likely be a strict family. So yeah, no chance. But whatever, his sister was the one who interested him the most. Finally he got over to them, with some undoubtedly strange and dubious looks.

"Hello! I'm Fukui Akio, but just call me Akio," the vampire hunter said cheerfully as an introduction. "You guys seemed kinda lonely. What's it like being over in the vampire section?" Okay, probably not the best way to go, but either way it was a start. And what was the worst they could do, zap him with some pureblood power? Highly unlikely. Probably the guy would send him a glare and try to send him away, but his sister looked like she wanted to socialise. It didn't matter. He was there, and they could deal with it.

@Sen @Hana
[/fieldbox]

• Love
90n7gm.jpg

"Fei Lihua... hmmm... Ah, so you're one of the two. I see now..."

Reiner had heard of this girl's name from the headmaster himself when they were briefed, but this was the first time that he had met her in person. He also knew the girl's name with all that entailed; a portion of her tragic past included. The fact that she was turned into a vampire against her will was quite cruel, indeed. Brooding on her situation, Reiner gazed at the female in front of him and gave him another pat on the head as she finished her introduction.

"Ahahaha! Why yes, I do teach English and Philosophy. Heheh... Heh..."

"...."

As the fact hit him, Reiner gave a heavy sigh showcasing his exhaustion after seeing his work schedule. The fact that he had to stay up as late as 4 in the morning was something ridiculous for a human like him. He could be compared to a vampire at this point. Perhaps he had made the wrong decision of educating the Night Class instead of the Day Class? He contemplated, but alas, it was far too late for him to change his decision now. Reiner decided to brush off the topic and moved on to another one, particularly regarding on who Fei should mingle with.

"Aaaanyyywayyyyy... Why don't I introduce you to some of the Purebloods? I'm sure you'll like 'em!"

Waltzing past her, Reiner approached the two golden-haired freshmen Purebloods; namely Kin and Masaru Shirabuki. Hailing from the infamous Shirabuki clan, these twins were particularly feared for having paramount yet contrasting abilities. If it weren't the fact that they were trying to blend in the current state of society, most humans would shiver at the mere sight of these two. However, despite having full knowledge of this, Reiner wasn't showing any traces of fear in his being. He waved his hand, followed by a holler, commanding the Shirabuki twins to come to him.

"Oiiiiiiii! You two! C'mere for a moment!"
Interactions: Lihua Fei, Kin Shirabuki (@Sen) Masaru Shirabuki (@Hana)

• Love
20pa2ds.png

@Hana (Masaru Shirabuki)
@Danger (Akio Fukui)
(Fei Lihua)​

"I would be chasing you if you were running about, Masaru-chan. Hey, don't get any ideas-" he rapped her head gently, shaking his head at the young girl. Almost laughing out loud at the beaming expression she wore. It was contagious, the joy she spread around, especially to him. He couldn't help but ruffle her hair again, this time avoiding the neat little ribbons and bows she had tied onto her hair, messing the long blonde locks about. Kin always loved to do that to his little sister. "You are sensible enough to know this isn't the time time to run around. You do not want the Headmaster to get angry at your on your first day of school, no?" He could never stay angry at Masaru for long. There was something about her that was endearing, something about her that could truly make him smile a real smile. Not a fake, icy turn of the lips like the others, or the cruel smirk that was the trademark of their father. With her, he could laugh and joke, shout and cry.

The Shirabuki heir's eyes softened, filled with adoration and love, as he felt his palm graze across her cheek before she was nestling against it. The pad of his thumb brushed across his sister's face, pale and soft skin, before he drew it away to take hold of her much smaller hand. For someone with her active personality, she had very cute hands. Not marred by scars, nails like little pink seashells that he remembered would sometimes be stained with the colors of the rainbow, Masaru getting out of hand with her painting. Her little hand was warm in his, and he laced his fingers through hers, nodding at her suggestion. "Yes, let's. I know you will tell me how much fun your classes were just like usual." Kin recalled the days he would visit her, blinking at the many drawings she had drew in his absence, or curling up beside him to tell him what she had learnt that day. "Since you are going to music lessons, why not play a few pieces for me one day?"

Just as he was about to suggest a few songs for his sister to play, a male voice interrupted him. In an instance, Kin's warmth disappeared, replaced with a stern and colder mask, the one he put on for anyone who didn't matter to him. His father... and strangers. He turned to see a young man approaching him, golden eyes locking with scarlet ones. He narrowed his eyes at the stranger. Cross Institute was a school, after all. Unlike homeschooling and tutors, he was going to have to interact with other students. Why this one boy decided to speak to them out of all people was beyond Kin. Did he not know who they were? His hand on Masaru tightened as he spoke, making sure she wasn't about to throw herself at the chance at interaction with another person. "Good day, Fukui-san." He greeted the young man politely, wary with his presence. It was a vampire hunter, he could tell just by looking at the young man. Unfortunately not a person he and Masaru would have had run-ins with. "I am Kin, from the Shirabuki clan. What brings you here...?" At his words, the young heir merely glared at him, though his face remained as calm and passive as possible. "I would not consider myself 'lonely', after all I was speaking to my sister."

A new voice called out, Kin's head spinning to see what looked like faculty member and a girl cowering beside him with long grey hair. A human and an ex-human... he sighed. Talking to three others was simply too many for the heir. Socialising was not his forte. Grumbling to himself, he guided Masaru towards the voice, face stern and uncaring. Emotionless like a white slate. "What is it?"
1ht5zt.png

@Hana (Sayuri Shiki)
"Red is red, and fire is red, right?" he asked her, tilting his head at the red-haired woman. "Interesting? Really?" Akihiko wasn't sure if she was complimenting him, but judging from her voice it seemed to be. There was no malice behind it. Was he really an interesting person? He had never heard his siblings refer to him as such, nor the elders in his family nor the villagers on the mountains. He considered himself very mundane as a member of the Tsuruoka family, especially as one of the youngest. Just a boy who followed orders and trained as hard as he could. "Haha, thanks. I have never been called 'interesting' before. To me you are pretty interesting too, miss!" Standing in front of her in traditional silks, compared to her more modern clothing was a little embarrassing. But he puffed up his chest and mustered up his courage. He wasn't about to just run away from a girl.

Akihiko's eyes widened at the chance, golden irises growing at the opportunity. "You would do that for me? A stranger? Waah~ you are so kind. And have a warm-heart!" he exclaimed. They say one's personality can be shown through their appearance. Though Akihiko often found it ironic whenever he looked at himself, black hair but with golden eyes like an eagle, to this pretty woman it seemed to fit very well. A passionate and caring heart... red was a color of passion, was it not? And her hair reflected that nature. "I would love it if you showed me around, thank you so much!"

There was something familiar about her surname, the young man taking more than few seconds to realize it was an Aristocratic sister family to the Kurans. Names like Rido Kuran and Senri Shiki appeared in his mind, as taught and told by the elders in his family. "A Shiki? I am guessing you know of my family... then? The Tsuruoka's have served the Kurans since we were founded. My grandfather says that we were like assassins in the past."
2uhy82h.png

@Hana (Masaru Shirabuki)
@Danger (Akio Fukui)
(Kin Shirabuki)
"W- Wait a second. Laoshi, you don't have to-" But it was too late. Lihua found herself shrinking beside the teacher as he called out for two nearby Purebloods. She could tell just by the way the others avoided them and the aura that they gave off. It was powerful and eerie and too similar to that person. The girl shuddered. "Do I really have to make friends with Purebloods?" she said, fidgeting. She may be cheerful around people, Purebloods were the exception. Where was that boy that was supposed to be her guardian? She looked about, hoping he would turn up at the corner and come to her rescue. That was what the Headmaster had told her, right? He had told her that she needed to be supervised due to her condition, but that he wouldn't affect her school life. Nevertheless, she had never met him yet. Nor did she know his name. Was this guardian even at the school?

The way the Pureblood with the golden hair glared at her, examining Lihua as if she was an item scared her. He looked unfriendly and uncaring of the world around him, like the last thing he wanted was to be there. She swallowed, finding herself breaking into a cold sweat the more she looked at him. He was beautiful, as all of his kind were. But that didn't fool her, none of them did. They were dangerous creatures.

On the other hand, the girl standing beside him looked much friendlier. Their features were similar, so she wondered if they were siblings or just close relatives. Compared to the boy, she wore an expression Lihua would often wear herself. She looked happy and cheery, a person happy to be going to school at last. Timidly, she waved a hand at the girl. "Hello, there." Her voice was low and shy, and she was pointedly avoiding looking at either of them.​

• Love
2pqmi53.png

Towering over most if not all people in the school, Alucarn Tepes teacher and appointed member of the Vampire Council, stood at the side lines of where the Headmaster made his speech. Where most vampires hid under parasols, he was able to stand beside one of the towers at either end of the gate as a substitute. He rested his hands to his sides and was quiet as could be as he along with all the other teachers and students listened to the Headmaster's speech or at least, that's what they were suppose to be doing. After the Headmaster's introduction most of the students and even some teachers by the not so subtle call of a certain white haired man, had took it upon themselves to socialize with one another. Others, mostly the vampire students, were already bored or tired since they would normally be sleeping or at least starting to wake up. If the Headmaster noticed any of the talking or socializing while he spoke he didn't show it or seem to mind it. It was probably what he wanted anyway. For vampires and humans to try and mingle.

While the students and teachers spoke with one another, he remained at his spot keeping to himself and roamed over the crowd with his eyes. It seemed like all the students who had applied and been invited had shown up based on the size of the crowd. He had memorized most of their names by now. A few of the students he knew of stood out among the rest to him.

The Shirabuki siblings Kin and Masaru. Both Purebloods. It didn't seem the brother liked the conversation he was dragged into by Mr. Weisenhart. There was not much of a surprise there. The girl beside him didn't seem thrilled at the prospect either. Lihua Fei if he was not mistaken. A human that had been forcibly turned into a vampire by a Pureblood. Kikena Aido was somewhat more difficult to spot since she seemed to be doing her best to be seen by someone or other. He spotted her none the less. Her relative was on the Vampire Council. He knew him well enough. His eyes then rested on a red haired woman. Sayuri Shiki, granddaughter of Senri Shiki who was also on the council. He was also familiar with him. She was apparently some sort of pop star or idol. He stared at the red headed aristocrat for a bit longer as she socialized with some other student who seemed oddly dressed given the occasion before he looked at the other students and familiarized himself with them to pass the time.​

2zr2m4j.png

@Sen (Kin Shirabuki, Fei Lihua)
@Danger (Akio Fukui)

"Play for you? Like I do with the ocarina you gave me, nii-san?" She gazed down at their interlaced hands, shuffling on her feet. The warmth of his hand was reassuring, as it always was, the long elegant fingers of her brother completely encompassing her own. And it also kept her rooted to the spot. As much as she wanted to go in and see their brand new school already, she had promised Kin to stay behaved until the Headmaster finished talking. "Don't I always play music for nii-san? He is my best audience," Masaru pointed out innocently, tilting her head back to flash him another glowing smile. She started to speak again, when a rapidly approaching figure emerged from the crowd of students a distance away from them. Despite her heart skipping a beat as she realized the boy was looking at them, she merely kicked back her heels underneath her dress, blinking at her brother before looking back at the boy.

She grinned back at the boy, about to bounce forward, already standing on the tips of her toes when a tightening grip on her hand caused her to stop. Masaru looked down and nibbled on her lip for a few seconds, flashing the newcomer a sheepish smile. Of course Kin wouldn't like other people, he never seemed to much like others. His hand suddenly felt more like a shackle on hers, making Masaru blink, disconcerted, at the momentary unwelcome feeling. "Nii-san, don't glare at people you don't know, I thought that was rude," the girl protested, finally, upon hearing his waspish reply to Akio, before nodding quickly at the new boy. "It's nice to meet you, Akio-kun! I don't really know about the vampire section since we're not really standing with them, but they all look pretty nice~ Everyone's so pretty, ne?" Her smile was warm and welcoming.

There was no other way but to go forward, right? She heard that being spoken of, that saying. Masaru didn't look at her brother, her own grip on his hand loosening despite his own tight grip. But pretty soon another voice called out, seemingly to her and her brother again, and her head whipped around to see a white-haired man walk towards her and Kin. With him was another girl, and almost immediately her interest had jumped on the other.

"Hello~" Masaru lifted her other hand in a rapid little wave, the only one seemingly unaffected by the tense air around her brother. "I'm Masaru, Shirabuki Masaru and this is my older brother, Kin~ He's not much for talking to other people, but he's a really nice and kind person." She cocked her head, glancing at the grey-haired girl with an inquisitive look. "What's your name? You have really pretty hair."

2mre1yw.jpg

@Sen (Akihiko Tsuruoka)
@Danger (Kikena Aido)

The rose-haired girl couldn't help but let out another musical laugh, throwing her head back slightly and smiling at the Tsuruoka boy. She almost felt sheepish, almost felt guilty for thinking rather insolently of him just moments earlier. He looked like a little lost lamb, looking at her with those grateful eyes that... Damn, she was almost feeling guilty about laughing at his cluelessness. But not quite yet. Her own silver eyes danced with amusement as she brushed her hair back from her face, the tousled deep red curls not as elegantly done as she would have them when she was working.

"That's cute," Sayuri felt a smirk threaten to make its way across her face. "You're rather honest about what you think, Tsuruoka-kun. It's quite refreshing, is everyone else back at your home as honest?" Truthfully, she thought they wouldn't really get along considering their natures. He was... Way too honest about what he thought of her, and could hardly tell that some of her amusement was not founded on nice thoughts. But she would make it up to him by actually helping him, even if he would never know what she first thought of him.

Her more carefree smile then toned down to something much more unreadable, a polite smile fixated on her lips. "Yes, I am the heir of the Shiki family. And I have heard mention of the Tsuruoka, but your family rarely appears in the usual gatherings." She arched a brow at him. "Perhaps I can help with that, now that you're here~" Her eyes then glanced at the sword he brought around with him. "Oh, are you a swordsman, Tsuruoka-kun..." She momentarily trailed off from her last question as she caught sight of a familiar head of pale blonde hair, long and silky before it was hidden away by a parasol. Kikena...? "I myself should probably practice with my sabre, but... I prefer musical instruments to weapons," her eyes flicked away, quickly, from where she saw the other girl. Despite what Kikena thought sometimes, Sayuri was one who noticed a lot of things. She tilted her head at Akihiko. "Do you play an instrument?"

Last edited:
213hyxe.png

Beautiful.

That was the thought that went through his head as he stared at those who came in late. From the gorgeous redhead to the shy Roma, Arthur wondered idly if any of them would be in his classes. Not that he had any illusions as to chances nor desire to do so- For one, he was only human. Despite the new world now and the idea of public integration, the fact they were separated on both sides was telling as to how much further that dream as a fully realized reality must have been. He could read the writing on the wall and taking into account how prestigious this place was in turn, he could hazard a guess that most of the vampires and hunters were of powerful and influential clans. It was school politics with ramifications for after school, depending on interactions.

And then he noted the nervousness of the Roma and decided he liked the look of her and strode forward from the Human side, pausing before her as he bowed his head. Done in a way to suggest a full-fledged bow, he smiled shyly.

"Umm...Hello. My name is Arthur. What's yours?"

Not very good as openings go, but some statements were timeless for a reason.

@Cinna

iqzuz4.jpg

She watched with mild surprise as some kid from the human side approached one of the newcomers. And for a moment, something akin to pity rose up in her. Poor kid.

He was going to get eaten alive.

Beyond that, she didn't care as she spotted her friend, making her way in a heartbeat to follow and stop at his left. Inviting herself to the conversation, she stowed her knitting in a side pouch and stabbed the needles through her cape.

In tones of idle chit-chat, she said aloud.

"Hob-nobbing with the nobs, Akio?"

To the rest, she flashed a bright, frak-all smile as she jerked a thumb at the hunter.

"I'm with him. How are you lovely people?"

@Danger @Sen @Shounen Senpai
Theodore wondered what happened to the admiring looks his younger brother, Richard, used to send him. Richie had always looked up to him, but now he was too afraid to even come near him. His older sister Elizabeth and older brother Clarence had never particularly cared for him, and even less so now.

His eyes flickered as he heard ragged breathing, out of place among the students, who stared at a harried looking man in a lab coat. Theodore looked down at the carpetbag clutched tight in one of the man's hands, then the man's grinning face. "Would you require some assistance for your belongings, sir?" He asked the man, approaching quietly and ever polite. Though it looked like he didn't have any other luggage. "And may I ask if you are part of the staff of this institution? If so, you may approach the Headmaster after he has finished his opening address. I believe he intends to gather the staff, both Day and Night, for a short meeting until the evening welcome gathering."
2qt8z74.png

Eh? Henry looked at Theodore, somewhat nonplussed at first. His hands rested on his knees, the effects of his impromptu run showing itself as he huffed out and raised a finger in the universal signal of 'one moment'. A few seconds later, he sufficiently recovered as he laughed nervously, one hand reaching to rub the back of his head. A gangly scarecrow of a man, his elbows and knees seemed reminiscent of a puppet with its strings cut as he smiled broadly.

"No, no its perfectly alright! I could use the exercise, hahaha! As to who I am, young man I am going to be your doctor for this year! Er, for the whole school actually. Well, you know what I mean!"

Realizing he was floundering, he stuck his hand out.

"Dr. Wayne. But please, call me Henry. And I would LOVE directions its....Its rather large, isn't this place?" He beamed and added with a dreamy look.

"Large gardens and untouched woods too. I would love to explore them for my work."

@Hana

dm8kf6.jpg

[fieldbox=Kikena Aido, #008080, solid]
Even though there were so many people here, Kikena felt alone. She could feel eyes on her, likely wondering what she was doing off in the corner. They probably knew what had happened, as many of the vampires here went to balls and the like. And after what had happened at one of them, she wouldn't be surprised if they were giving her strange or nasty looks. After all, the other person who knew what had definitely happened was also at the school.

Kikena was sure Sayuri had seen her. There was a particular feeling that she got when the other looked her way, and she was feeling it now. However it was probably all in her head. After all, the parasol did hide most of her face and the like from the other's point of view. The pattern of snow falling was visible on the parasol, which might as well have been a give away. It was one of her favourites, and so had brought it with her.

The temperature around the Aido heiress dropped even further. Some vampires visibly shivered, and when Kikena noticed she let it up slightly. It had been a purely unconscious reaction, and sometimes she completely forgot about it. They probably think I can't control my powers now. Taking a deep breath, she glanced around her fellow peers. Was there anyone she could talk to?While many other vampires had arrived, none of them looked particularly welcome. She was sure they would think ill of her if she attempted to talk to them.

Shooting a look at the purebloods, the blonde was shocked to see them socialising. And that male near them... Was a vampire hunter? Was he crazy? Kikena was shocked that someone, let alone a vampire hunter, had actually talked to the twins. They had an unusual reputation amongst vampires, and maybe the hunter simply didn't know. However that was highly unlikely. Hunters almost knew more than the higher classes themselves about the affairs of purebloods, although lately that had not been the case. Maybe this hunter was from a smaller family.

That was none of her concern though. As her eyes roamed the crowd, they landed on a certain redhead who looked to be talking to another vampire. One she didn't recognise, which was unusual. Kikena knew most of the upper classes, so maybe he wasn't one. However she was unsure, and wasn't about to go up to them to find out. But her eyes lingered on their forms a bit longer. Kikena couldn't help but admit that she missed Sayuri. And she hated herself for that.
[/fieldbox]
300qvtf.jpg

[fieldbox=Akio Fukui, #9d8c0d, solid]
My my, how quickly the brother changed! As soon as Akio had approached, he had noticed the instant reaction of the brother twin. The coldness quickly overtook the warmth, and it was as if he had become a different person. After his introduction, Akio was curious as to how the others would react. He was certain that the male twin would probably do something cold, while the female one would likely be welcoming.

And he was right! Akio was slightly irritated that Kin had called him Fukui, but it didn't show. However the male smiled when his twin answered. That's right, get told. "Well, it looks as if the other vampires are avoiding you. Seems lonely, don't you think?" He smiled warmly when Masaru answered. With a dreamy sigh, he nodded. "They really are." When a voice rang out, Akio perked up a bit. "There you are, Okita. Well, considering I couldn't find you I had to make do." He grinned at her, patting her head. "Now that you're here though..."

When another voice rang out, Akio turned around. This looked like an older, yet... So much more cuter guy. Was he a teacher? Akio hoped to god that he was in his class. He was just his type. The amber eyed male's mouth opened ever so slightly, however it was unlikely anyone would notice. Man, he would have such a fun time in this school if they all looked that good. With his attention focused purely on the teacher, he managed to miss the other girl with him.

"I think that's my cue to leave." Even though he wanted to get to know the really cute teacher and the nice pureblood, there seemed to be a bit too many people for his liking. "Okita, want to join me?" He didn't mind, but he had already spotted some other targets. There were two people, a girl with really nice red hair and another guy who seemed a little out of place. They seemed interesting to talk to. Glancing at Okita, he waited for her response.
[/fieldbox]

90n7gm.jpg

Reiner awaited the two Shirabuki Purebloods who seemed to have business with a young vampire hunter, his serene smile affixed and unchanging. "Yes, mon cher étudiant (my dear student). Making friends with everyone is deeply encouraged here. It'll be interesting to see how you develop your bond with the others." With the twins in front of them, the elder brother asked what he had wanted. Kin Shirabuki seemed stoic yet uncaring for company other than his younger sister. Reiner took a step back, standing beside the female ex-human and rubbed her head as the teacher introduced her to the two.

"This is Lihua Fei, an ex-human. A bit shy, isn't she?"

He figured that the siblings already knew where he was going with this conversation. When Kin's little sister immediately took interest in her, Reiner need not say anything else. Looking at the short-statured girl, he urged her to talk to the duo with a slight and gentle push towards their side. "Go on. Have fun!" With that, Reiner had succeeded in getting her to interact with even the dreaded Shirabuki twins.

"Please keep her company for me. I would gladly appreciate it." Turning to Fei, he gave a wide beam of good will. "Be good, alright? I'll be watching you from now on."

Walking past them, Reiner had left the courtyard, feeling proud of his good deed.
Interactions: Lihua Fei, Kin Shirabuki (@Sen) Masaru Shirabuki (@Hana)

20pa2ds.png
2uhy82h.png

@Hana (Masaru Shirabuki)
@Danger (Akio Fukui)
@Ringmaster (Okita Goro)
The grey haired girl bowed politely in front of the little sister of the pair, trying not to show her fear and making it obvious for all to see. "It's my pleasure to meet you, Miss Masaru Shirabuki." Her voice was low, but despite the fear that was running through her body, and her heart thumping like an erratic drum in her chest, her voice mimicked her usual cheerful charm. Compared to her brother she seemed to be more friendly and up for conversation. She knew vampires were not to be trusted, especially Purebloods, for the sake of Mr. Weisenhart she guess she could pretend she was as innocent as she looked. At the younger twin's comment, she blinked at her before her green eyes flickered towards her much taller counterpart. His expression was passive, but in his eyes she could see the annoyance and "O-oh. I see... is he?" she didn't have much to say to Purebloods. And the way he seemed closed off was intimidating and unwelcoming. A small, cute smile appeared on her lips, her hand reaching out for her soft storm grey hair. "My name is-"

Just as she was about to introduce herself when she felt the white-haired man touch her head again, the latter shaking furiously, a bewildered expression on her face before she burst out into giggles and laughter. For a teacher, he seemed a little too laidback. The way he carried the parasol around without much care in the world, Lihua was somewhat envious. "Yeah, I'm Lihua Fei." As long as there was someone standing beside her, keeping an eye on the Purebloods... she was lasting longer than she originally thought she was. A smile on her face as she regarded Masaru Shirabuki, she realized the teacher was going to leave her to speak to them. Alone. Wait, don't leave me!
"We will not be keeping anybody company," the Shirabuki heir murmured, rubbing his temples. He looked up, groaned inwardly as he noticed more and more people approaching them as the teacher caught the attention of the other students. The golden eyed boy had already approached the hunter and now there was someone else pacing down the courtyard to meet the hunter. She was incredibly short, even shorter than Masaru - which came as a surprised to Kin because he had never seen a teenager of such stature. Glancing at her once and examining the newcomer, he cast his eyes away, avoiding looking at anyone and suddenly found a fascination in the structure of the school building, the patterns of the bricks it was built with, the snaking emerald vines and buds of unopened flowers ranging from pink to purple an the looming watch towers on all four corners of Cross Institute. Kin wasn't sure if they were classrooms or actual scouting points for the guardians of the school.

He watched silently as the young boy exchanged a few words with the girl. Though he didn't like to talk to others, he knew his manners and how he represented the family. "I am well, thank you. And yourself?" He didn't know of her family, nor who she was. But he had an idea that she knew who he was at least. Most hunters did, as did vampires. Choosing to ignore them for now, he turned back to his twin sister, tapping her on the head lightly and leaning down to whisper in her ear. "What was that about being disrespectful? I have never seen a lady such as yourself refer to a stranger by their first name before," his voice was still somewhat serious, but there was not a lint of mocking and teasing in his tone even if he wasn't smiling. To onlookers, it would look completely normal. Perhaps the brother was telling her something important, anything but a joke.

Lihua coughed to clear her throat, attention entirely focused on the cheerier of the pair. She could do this! She wasn't some weakling, she could handle herself even without that hunter that was supposed to be watching her - wherever he was right now - by her side, 'protecting' her. "Miss Masaru, your hair looks to pretty as well! Where did you get those bows, they look so beautiful on you~"

1ht5zt.png

@Hana (Sayuri Shiki)
Honesty... it wasn't something that ran in the family. But it was an ideal taught by the elders. One of the basic traits and virtues that a person must have, vampire or human. He had been told he was brutally honest before, blunt due to the way he was raise. And ever since he had arrived in the city, that compliment had been tossed around even more. Was he that honest? Was it a bad thing? He thought of it a little differently, like it was compensation for something else. Something he hated to think about. He shook his head, sighing. The world as he knew it was confusing, and this city change did him no favours. "I suppose? They say my siblings have similar personalities as me, so I would assume they are also honest."

Akihiko laughed nervously. "Haha, yes. Most of us rarely ever come down from the mountains. The good spirits are up there closer to the heavens, so we believe they will bless us more often. Tsuruokas have just come down to the cities just recently." Like a lost lamb, Akihiko had stumbled all over the world under the mountains, so far away from the clouds. People stared and people gawked, but he had managed to find his way to the Cross Institute through help from other Aristocratic vampires he had met along the way.

He peered at Sayuri before looking down at his sword. "Oh, yes. Yes, I am. My family is deft at fans, but I quite enjoy using the sword. Heavier, but far more powerful." His voice trailed off, did her expression just change slightly? Her eyes didn't appear to be looking at him, but at something else behind him. But when his head swiveled around to see what his companion was looking at, he saw nothing out of the ordinary. "If you want help with swords, I can be of assistance. Though I am not very confident with swords of the West." Akihiko shook his head. "My apologies, Sayuri-san. I have no musical talent at all. They compared it to the cries of a dying mountain goat."

• Love
i2ko3l.png

@Ringmaster (Henry Wayne)

The young man nodded, eyes steadily meeting the new doctor's. He had heard of the new doctor, one Henry Wayne, a new addition to the staff. A tall and gangly man with long limbs, looking much more like a doctor than a hunter, though Theodore could see the grace in the man's movements. How strange that he acted so genial when he had a certain strength to him. And Henry Wayne also seemed a bit eccentric. Theodore tilted his head at the man. Yet he is a doctor. While people thought he never cared to listen to others, Theodore preferred to keep quiet about what he overheard. There was little point to declaring what he knew. "Very well, I shall endeavor to assist you in familiarizing yourself to the halls of this place. You may call me Theodore, Theodore Mercer, Doctor Wayne."

He firmly clasped the doctor's hand and shook it, his grip neither tight nor loose. Theodore let go after the introduction was done, nodding in the direction of the students. "I believe we are both hunters, Doctor Wayne. Before you gain any confusion or misconceptions, I am one of the two ex-human students that will be situated in this establishment." He spoke this all in a neutral, almost bored tone, pale golden-brown eyes flicking up to gaze at the late afternoon sky. Theodore's face could almost be described as uncaring, an apathy in his being, as the golden-orange light turned his hair into shades of reddish-gold and turned his eyes into cognac with his features all but carved from stone.

At least he could still walk under the same sun his family walked under. Not even being a vampire would take that away from him. "Let us wait for our Headmaster to finish with his speech, and proceed after."
2zr2m4j.png

@Sen (Kin Shirabuki and Fei Lihua)
@Danger (Akio Fukui)
@Ringmaster (Okita Goro)

A small flutter of happiness from Fei Lihua's introduction made a happy little flush infuse Masaru's cheeks, her soft red eyes friendly and attentive. "You have a very pretty name, Fei-san," the young Pureblood pointed out with a quick smile, remembering her language lessons from her tutors. And people said she never listened to them. She felt that everything was going quite well, despite the worries she had before coming to this school... It was nice. This girl didn't seem to look at her with the same fear others woul have, though... It was odd how small Fei looked, how meek around her and her brother. Masaru wasn't going to let her continue on being uncomfortable, if she could help it -

She blinked at the white-haired man, belatedly murmuring, "You have hair like Father's..." As he spoke to her and Kin. Masaru nodded her head, ribbons bobbing in her hair as she listened to him. "I don't mind shy people! Fei-san looks very nice, I think she's a sweet girl~" Fei looked nice and kind. The young girl definitely wanted to know the other better, though her twin brother was being... Difficult. Pursing her lips and blinking at him for a second, she only kept silent at his sharp words towards the white-haired man. She didn't mind keeping Fei Lihua company. Who wouldn't be lonely standing all alone? "Nii-san? But we can keep her company-"

So many people today...!

There was another, this time a silver-haired girl. Masaru flashed the girl a smile. "We're doing well, as brother said! This place looks like it would be fun~" Unlike other vampires, she spoke this with no hidden intentions, only a pure smile and honest eyes. "I'm glad that I can come here." She was really, really grateful that her Father let her...

A tap on her head, and the girl automatically turned her head, looking towards her brother. He leaned down to her, however, and Masaru blinked as he whispered in her ear. "But Akio-kun told us to call him Akio! Isn't that permission from him?" The girl mumbled back, cheeks heating slightly as she realized that beyond the completely toneless voice he used with her, Kin was mocking her. And he thought she couldn't tell. "Nii-san is poking fun at me, isn't he?" Her eyes narrowed at his as she leaned away, though the smile didn't leave her lips. "Isn't nii-san being rude to others, unlike a proper gentleman~?" And now the nice boy had left with the nice man and the new girl. Kin really needed to lighten up sometimes...

She turned away from him, avoiding his eyes as she grinned upon hearing Fei Lihua speak again. "Thank you~ Nii-san gave me my hair ribbons, and I wear them everyday for him~" She reached up to lightly tap the ribbons on top of her head, the fabrics soft and fluffy under her fingers. "He's the best at picking them for me, after all!"

2mre1yw.jpg

@Sen (Akihiko Tsuruoka)

Is she looking over this way? She is...

Resisting the urge to look over Kikena's way again, where dangerous territory lurked, the young Shiki heir chuckle lightly at the dark-haired boy's words. A pleased smile found its way on her lips, the girl trying her best not to think of the Aido she knew was just standing in the crowd. "I'd love to take you up on that offer sometime, then? I am not particularly experienced with the sword, though my grandfather wishes I am. He actually sent me over to Uncle Takuma's when I was a child to learn better swordsmanship, but suffice to say, I stuck to music better," she ended with a grin.

She tilted her head at him, chin raised slightly. "Oh? A dying mountain goat? I will be the judge of that as the musician here, Tsuruoka-kun. There are other ways to produce beautiful music, and I would love to introduce you to them." As she spoke, she was settling more easily into her usual quick wit and vivacity that made her stand out among her family. "A life without music is no life, after all - and who am I to leave you without having experienced it?" Raising her pointer finger up beside hr face, she winked lightly at him. "You'll be educated in good music under my help~"

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.